PDA

View Full Version : Almost forgotten what it's like

Dribble Joy
19-06-11, 18:36
So yesterday I logged in for the first time in ages due to a mixture of laziness, 'interesting' personal life and the fact last time I was on I was killed by someone who could apparently shoot me while stealthed.

I don't do a whole lot these days in NC, mostly hunt firemobs (I now have a numerous cabs stuffed with unressed techs).

Anyway, I log in and go to my usual spot, to find a couple of other people there. The tank is TSU, I'm CM so I don't do anything, but he's with a TG droner. Are they going to be friendly? We look at each other and I leave to another part of the zone.
We end up finding each other again while hunting and my attacking a mob near one they are doesn't go down well and I get a face full of creed.

I swap out to my sniping gear, SH, WoC PA, energy belt, etc. and go 'hunting'.

I can't get enough shots on the tank before he notices and starts dodging. He's too far away to get a clean lock as he moves about trying to find me and by the time my Oblit runs he's healed and things just start again. I need to catch him when he's fighting a mob and taking damage in a place that's reasonably open from a distance.
So begins a game of cat and mouse that doesn't see me actually fire at all for ages, and when I (at a rhino that's turned up) it's LEed. I then find the droner's meatsack around behind a dune. Two shots drops him and I stealth away. I later find the tank again, but he's brought a PPU. I can't be arsed dealing with that so I log for the night.

Today I'm hunting again, and after dropping R10s and techs off at my apt I return to the zone. Not many mobs along the ring I usually take around the zone, and in one canyon I find mob loot. I don't bother emptying mobs, it leaves evidence that shows your there and there's enough mobs for them to despawn naturally. The path opens up on the 'main' hunting area of the zone.
I look for beams, dmg numbers, mobs moving, fireballs, etc. Can't see anything yet, I move down to the road, still nothing. I get to the top of a mound and stealth. I walk further and suddenly see a raptor moving, a beam cuts across the screen. There he is.

It's the tank from yesterday.

He's pulling back towards me as the mobs close in. I run up to the top of the zone's tower/bastion thing and wait for him. Blood is pumping already, he comes into view, stupid stealth is still going, it starts running, he's going to move! Come on! He's not moving, fighting a raptor, stealth's gone shoot him!
I almost get him before he moves behind a mound, I get half a couple of shots on him as he comes out the other side. Where's he gone now?... He's trying to heal! Get him otherwise you've no chance! I'm wearing full fire gear! Where's he gone? The mobs! Follows the mobs!

Down the ladder, across the road, up the hill, where's that raptor going? Left or right? Stupid mobs! Wait, a fireball! There he is! Shit he's almost fully healed! I'm dead, no chance, fuck it, try anyway. Adrenaline by now is pouring trough me. Shit! Missed! Man that creed stings. Yes, get 'im, keep hitting. Shit missed again! He's not hitting enough, no wait, I'm nearly dead, one more! Shit, need another shot! Gonna be tight. He's down! Am I dead too, get away from the raptor... where's it gone? Fuck it, I'm out of here, favour returned, I need a cuppa and a smoke anyway.

Holy balls that felt good.

Biglines
19-06-11, 19:46
hehe sounds like a very good session of neocron :D

dodgefahrer
19-06-11, 21:05
Haha seems u had some fun =) thats what NC stands for.

Setlec
19-06-11, 23:03
someone should try to write a book about NC or tell some stories. i do recall that there was someone that did make stories. anyway nice NC session indeed!

L0KI
19-06-11, 23:10
That's pretty much exactly what I love(d) about NC.

I'm actually playing these days - haven't yet picked a faction, or aligned myself with anyone, but I'm in the market.

If any of you 'old friends' want to get together, let me know. :)

Doc Holliday
20-06-11, 09:24
its under consideration ;)

Genji
20-06-11, 12:12
its under consideration ;)

Everyone complains about sandwichs but the more people play, the more people there are to fight. And if even a small percentage of all the forum lurkers started playing again there would be plenty of people to fight besides sandwichs, to the point that even if the sandwichs came out to try to ruin your day all that would need to happen is the people fighting each other turn and focus on the sandwich and just resume there fight after the sandwich is on the ground.

I know everyone quit for many different reasons. Some for absolutely retarded reasons like char models that don't actually impact game play, other for one of more of the bugs. But for a game as good as NC you can deal with the bugs tbh. And the biggest problem...population. Wouldn't even be an issue if we all just started playing again. Hell, it's not like they even need to reactivate there accounts or anything, just log in.

Sadly, I am aware that I'm just wasting my breath (or rather typing time as it were) because we all know the Neocron players are some of the most stubborn people on the face of this planet.

Biglines
20-06-11, 12:23
nvm, the thread started positive, so I'm not gonna post what i was gonna say.

If you lot are gonna get going, I'll see if I'll install nc again.

and genji, weren't u gone for a few months too? :p

hybok
20-06-11, 12:38
nvm, the thread started positive, so I'm not gonna post what i was gonna say.

If you lot are gonna get going, I'll see if I'll install nc again.

Good..

see genji.. i told you if u started harrassing him on the forums he would come back :P

Terror_Nonne
20-06-11, 12:38
NEVER forget, from where you came.... because.... you will
NEVER find THIS, AGAIN ! - THIS IS THE LAST CITY IN YOUR LIFE !

Genji
20-06-11, 14:35

I'm like hurricanes!
I come, fuck your shit up and go away.
Then right when your shits back in line I come again and fuck it up some more.
And I keep doing this shit till the world ends.

Faid
20-06-11, 16:30
I'll tell you about the neocron story I heard yesterday. Some guys were in p2 using sandwiches, killing everyone with ease and hacking belts. Some other guys got mad about this so they decided to use their own sandwiches, so everyone and their sister were in p2 sandwiching it up, moat of whom were know ban evaders.
I honestly did hear this from a guy who was on voice with some of these guys, really is kinda sad...
And DJ you should get yourself a dissy, that tank would run away scared almost dead after one burst from it ;) Great story though, reminds me of how good nc used to be.

L0KI
20-06-11, 18:05
I'm back.. definitely.

There's nothing else as good as this out there... FACT.

Hopefully, a few more will come and we'll see 60-70% again, which is enough to have a decent game.

It was 40% last night, but there were 20 people in Plaza 1.. meaning the rest of the world had 20 people scattered around it.

As for the cheaters (I really can't be arsed to hide it between two slices of bread), sort it out KK, for fuck's sake.

Biglines
20-06-11, 18:50
I'm back.. definitely.

There's nothing else as good as this out there... FACT.

Hopefully, a few more will come and we'll see 60-70% again, which is enough to have a decent game.

It was 40% last night, but there were 20 people in Plaza 1.. meaning the rest of the world had 20 people scattered around it.

As for the cheaters (I really can't be arsed to hide it between two slices of bread), sort it out KK, for fuck's sake.
40% would be around 400 people ;) but I appreciate the effort :D

CMaster
20-06-11, 18:59
That story reminds me why Stealth 3 is so much better than oblit.

Oh, and sustained load on Terra of >30% always causes database fuckups.

Flashlite
20-06-11, 20:02
today i took a big shit.

L0KI
20-06-11, 23:10
40% would be around 400 people ;) but I appreciate the effort :D

You are absolutely right.

Please excuse my error...

the figures I meant were 6-7%, and 4%, respectively ;)

WarIsSeXy
21-06-11, 08:40
Hehe nice fight :D

warpig

William Antrim
21-06-11, 21:38
I could be really obnoxious and cut the drama out of that story by saying the guy who tried to kill me yesterday got it while he was fighting a mob cos im a lamer that does that shit.

however your version was more entertaining, I liked the drama of it.

I would have logged my ppu however, gone to the german server and raged in german for ten minutes about how the stupid alliance were killing me then realised I was in the wrong game, raged some more and then got all the people from there to log onto my server and tell everyone how it was a german server originally and we are all friends so we help each other when someone takes one of our ops and then had a 2 hour fight with said people and then a 59 hour trade flame war about said ops and how we won/lost cos you had 205006769 more ppus than we did.

thats nc as i remember it

L0KI
22-06-11, 00:00
I could be really obnoxious and cut the drama out of that story by saying the guy who tried to kill me yesterday got it while he was fighting a mob cos im a lamer that does that shit.

I would have logged my ppu however, gone to the german server and raged in german for ten minutes about how the stupid alliance were killing me then realised I was in the wrong game, raged some more and then got all the people from there to log onto my server and tell everyone how it was a german server originally and we are all friends so we help each other when someone takes one of our ops and then had a 2 hour fight with said people and then a 59 hour trade flame war about said ops and how we won/lost cos you had 205006769 more ppus than we did.

Well, I lol'd.

Good times.

Doc Holliday
22-06-11, 09:08
im still lolling. ;) i know the fight hes talking about.

William Antrim
22-06-11, 22:19
I am going to come and play. Fuck it.

I need an account though as i want to make a noob and start from the beginning. im not rerolling. fuck that.

Bozz-Von Mel
23-06-11, 01:18

That is too funny. I thought I would try Drib's idea and just go kill hunters, but there were literally 5 people online in my time zone.

I always kept one character slot to re-roll over and over. I think i took 3 different rhino driving tanks to cap before deleting and starting again.

rogo
24-06-11, 20:31
I hopped on the forums to see if I can find people to start playing with again. Glad I found this thread....looks like I'm not the only one who got hit with NC fever.

Some post some contact info so we can maybe start a new clan or whatnot.

zii
24-06-11, 22:41
I'm still here and still playing. (Although I did have a week off because I was in Barcelona taking pictures of the manifestation, among other things, so I should be excused.). And am now logged in and on ...