PDA

View Full Version : Lets get a new Neocron!

MrTrip
14-06-11, 04:15
Taking advantage of the domain I currently hold, I have posted a petition on the Neocron.org website... it reads...

We the undersigned ask you to sign our petition supporting ReaKKtor or anybody affiliated with ReaKKtor to develop a NEW Neocron, built on the foundation of the original Neocron, with the enhancements that ReaKKtor tried to implement done properly with all the anti cheat features working from the start!

This has no bias, it simply states we want a new Neocron with the changes that were promised.

I ask that all bickering be kept out of this thread. Maybe if we get enough support behind it and show that people are still interested KK will move a bit more quickly on this.

Again, please no bickering.

Absolutely no registration is needed for the signature, just a confirmation of email address. We do not store email addresses.

http://www.neocron.org/neocronpetition (http://www.neocron.org/neocronpetition)

Thank you for your support!

Chuck Norris
14-06-11, 07:05
LOL! you made me smile trip

Doc Holliday
14-06-11, 09:47
ok. added vote.

nobby
14-06-11, 11:54
Since when did petitions do anything...

and when was the community ever listened to ?

Look at Black prophecy, nothing but hype and instances :(

MrTrip
14-06-11, 15:42
Since when did petitions do anything...

and when was the community ever listened to ?

Look at Black prophecy, nothing but hype and instances :(

Aw come on lets be positive shall we? I mean we could all grump around the forums about broken promises, deaf ears and such but why do that? It takes literally 2 minutes to say "Hey I support this!" but you could spend hours arguing it.

Lets not be a Negative Nancy <3

L0KI
14-06-11, 16:59
Just thought I'd bring some more negativity to the table.

I think it's tragic that KK will likely be remembered for Black Prophecy over Neocron.

Oh, and I'm signing your petition.

Cadgar
14-06-11, 17:19
a company that put many years of work in a project called black prophecy that got hyped to eternity just to realize that their work has always been shit by getting reviews that give the game 60/100 max shall work on an already dead f2p game now? well good luck with ur petition then.

it would be better if they just kill themselves to end their miserable careers

L0KI
14-06-11, 17:45
a company that put many years of work in a project called black prophecy that got hyped to eternity just to realize that their work has always been shit by getting reviews that give the game 60/100 max shall work on an already dead f2p game now? well good luck with ur petition then.

it would be better if they just kill themselves to end their miserable careers

I feel I must call the grammar police.

Not only is that sentence 50 words long, it's also very, very rude. At least show some level of decency and decorum when slating KK!

Kill themselves? Really? I feel obliged to ask the obvious question; 'UMADBRO?'

Setlec
14-06-11, 17:50
damn if i was an admin i would sure enjoy banning your ass from the forum and complain to your ISP about your damned misbehavior!

Cadgar
14-06-11, 18:32
na, not mad. probably would have used capslock if mad. quit the game in 2006. trolling my way around here and there. if i finally get my third forum ban i really dont care.

calling the grammar police on someone whos native language isnt english and is out of school for 10 years isnt that effective though. at least i can communicate in other languages without babelfish ;)

Genji
14-06-11, 19:23
Quit in 2006 and still comming to the forum? Sounds like NC is that dirty whore of a girlfriend that slept around every other weekend only to break up with you after giving you herpies that you never could stop thinking about. 5 years later with a new girl STILL thinking about how that old dirty whore of an ex would let you do things this new girl slaps you for suggesting.
Most guys woulda moved on and tried there damnest to forget all about her by now, but not you! No, you still have that crusty old picture of her topless licking her nipple that she gave you for your birthday that you pull out from time to time as you get the smallest of smiles thinking of all the nasty shit she did to you when you were naked.

Time to move on bro! Forget all about the time you wasted on that tramp and find your self a new bird that wont cheat on you and give you herpies, not that it matters since that whore already gave you herpies but you get the point!

Cadgar
14-06-11, 19:24
great, now i have a boner

Kamuix99
14-06-11, 19:25
Enough bout herpies and whores, I support the OTs idea after burning through Tabula Rasa and Fallen Earth

MrTrip
14-06-11, 19:47
Enough bout herpies and whores, I support the OTs idea after burning through Tabula Rasa and Fallen Earth

Thank you!

This isn't about KK's past mistakes, it is about supporting a future for Neocron. We need to show them we are behind them in developing Neocron further instead of calling them on all their old mistakes.

And before somebody brings it up, the counters on Neocron.org are to show KK we are still waiting, we are still interested, we still want Neocron to live. The people who are still here are here for a reason.

If anybody can translate it to german and post it in that forum that would be awesome, I will update the site with the translation. I would just use google but I'm sure the wording would be wrong.

Flashlite
14-06-11, 20:29
LOL what a joke. i wish people would just stop trying to get KK to listen to them. they never listen to any players and they will never listen.

Distort
14-06-11, 20:48
Despite the flaws, NC is still the best game created...it's why we're all still hanging around after so many years lol of course I support a new NC!

Biglines
14-06-11, 21:05
I'm just wishing they hire the original gamedesigner of neocron, just to get them to make proper games again...

L0KI
14-06-11, 21:22
na, not mad. probably would have used capslock if mad. quit the game in 2006. trolling my way around here and there. if i finally get my third forum ban i really dont care.

calling the grammar police on someone whos native language isnt english and is out of school for 10 years isnt that effective though. at least i can communicate in other languages without babelfish ;)

You misunderstand me! I just think you're a dick.

FYI though, I speak Italian fluently, and understand Java, C++, PHP and Smali. Oh, and by the way, Babelfish won't help with the latter three ;)

Powerpunsh
14-06-11, 22:02
Signed.
And Mr. Fang, you forgot your german skills we've teached you. Or am i mistaken you for someone else? :p

Btw: What happend to the UDK Neocron project?

Garfield
14-06-11, 23:05
and where is the freaking facebook style "like this" button ?

L0KI
15-06-11, 09:03
Signed.
And Mr. Fang, you forgot your german skills we've teached you. Or am i mistaken you for someone else? :p

Btw: What happend to the UDK Neocron project?

I haven't forgotten the German skills :D

L0KI
15-06-11, 09:06
I just signed it...

I also noticed those timers on the top of the site. KK should be ashamed.

Zebul
16-06-11, 03:54
I have long since lost faith that KK will ever be able to fill the hole that Neocron has left in my heart. In my point of view I have not seen them make a positive move since the release of the original game. Are any of the minds that first dreamt up Neocron even with the company anymore?

It's certainly not just the concept that made Neocron great because plenty of other games have tried it and failed miserably. I have trouble putting my finger on what it is but I think it's some kind of combination atmosphere, architecture, gameplay and just plain badassness.

What makes us think that this company is going to be able to replicate that unless they have the same creative minds working away at it? Their track record sure hasn't proved anything. After original release they were unable to clean up the majority of bugs, and in my opinion, made decisions that detracted from the feeling that it once had. DOY felt like a maze, new skins looked like cancer survivors, faction changes left areas of the game devoid of players.

Sorry to throw my rant in on a fairly positive thread but it's taken me a long time to come to terms with the fact that the Neocron I knew will never be back. I have 0 faith that this company can recreate it because the only advantage they have over all the other companies making pieces of garbage is the fact that they have claim to the original masterpiece. Every part of it they've touched since release has diminished its original quality so why could one expect them to be able to recreate from scratch?

Hell-demon
16-06-11, 05:28
What I find a huge shame is all the work put into NC2 was all wasted. The hype around finally setting foot in DoY was palpable. Fast forward to now and the entire DoY is stripped bare and a ghost city. Such a waste all because KK didn't know what direction they wanted to go in. We have so much content that is unfinished and poorly implemented that Neocron is lucky to have such a loyal fan base.

KK is not going to touch NC at the moment. All efforts are all on BP and for good reason. BP is all they've got; the eggs in the basket as it were. If BP fails KK are no more. Given KK's track record and the mediocre reviews I would say KK is in for a bumpy ride.

Genji
16-06-11, 08:23
What I find a huge shame is all the work put into NC2 was all wasted. The hype around finally setting foot in DoY was palpable. Fast forward to now and the entire DoY is stripped bare and a ghost city. Such a waste all because KK didn't know what direction they wanted to go in.

It's not that they didn't know what direction they wanted to go in, they did. But with the original designers long gone the direction that they thought was a good idea ruined one of the favorite parts of the game for most people and enough people made they voices heard..over and over again, that they reverted that change. That being the "red vs blue" style with all anti-city against all pro-city and seperated by the wastes.
Knew a guy that never played in nc1, just started with nc2 beta. He had never steped foot into neocron city before the revert. Any pvp outside of OP wars was at MB, which I did enjoy alot before the safe zone was put in place.

flib
16-06-11, 08:38
What I find a huge shame is all the work put into NC2 was all wasted. The hype around finally setting foot in DoY was palpable. Fast forward to now and the entire DoY is stripped bare and a ghost city. Such a waste all because KK didn't know what direction they wanted to go in. We have so much content that is unfinished and poorly implemented that Neocron is lucky to have such a loyal fan base.

KK is not going to touch NC at the moment. All efforts are all on BP and for good reason. BP is all they've got; the eggs in the basket as it were. If BP fails KK are no more. Given KK's track record and the mediocre reviews I would say KK is in for a bumpy ride.
It's all the publishers fault! Perfect scapegoat!

Flashlite
16-06-11, 08:46
i love bacon.

hybok
20-06-11, 12:31
Quit in 2006 and still comming to the forum? Sounds like NC is that dirty whore of a girlfriend that slept around every other weekend only to break up with you after giving you herpies that you never could stop thinking about. 5 years later with a new girl STILL thinking about how that old dirty whore of an ex would let you do things this new girl slaps you for suggesting.
Most guys woulda moved on and tried there damnest to forget all about her by now, but not you! No, you still have that crusty old picture of her topless licking her nipple that she gave you for your birthday that you pull out from time to time as you get the smallest of smiles thinking of all the nasty shit she did to you when you were naked.

Time to move on bro! Forget all about the time you wasted on that tramp and find your self a new bird that wont cheat on you and give you herpies, not that it matters since that whore already gave you herpies but you get the point!

Haha.. This is so totally from personal experience!

hybok
20-06-11, 12:32
If anybody can translate it to german and post it in that forum that would be awesome, I will update the site with the translation. I would just use google but I'm sure the wording would be wrong.

message biglines im sure he would be glad to translate and put a link on the german nc forum for you as well.

hybok
20-06-11, 12:33
i love bacon.
I thought it was cakes now?

Genji
20-06-11, 14:29
I thought it was cakes now?

the cake was a lie.
clearly

hybok
20-06-11, 15:19
the cake was a lie.
clearly
NOOOOOOOOO!!!(epic nooo ftw)

Flashlite
20-06-11, 20:03
i love kiwi cakes and bacon on trukey bugers!

hybok
21-06-11, 00:27
i love kiwi cakes and bacon on trukey bugers!
Ahh trukey burgers heh..

i prefer falsekey burgers myself.