PDA

View Full Version : Can't log in :(

Omnituens
24-05-11, 23:57
Whenever I select Terra my game FRE's. Can select the other servers fine (though I don't have any chars on those). Started happening after someone was trading me and I crashed out. Emailed support but no reply. This was over a week ago.

I have tried file check and full reinstall. Not made a bit of difference.

Any suggestions?

Faid
25-05-11, 01:29
Obvious stuff: firewalls, ip blockers etc. make sure those are all off. Also, you may wanna try switching to dx7 in the configuration, I think that used to work for me when I had this problem.

Omnituens
25-05-11, 16:05
switching to DX7 mode sorta worked - I can view the character select screen now, but only 1 of my characters has a portrait and it shows his whole body (not just his head in the box). The rest of the portraits are empty.

On logging in I cant see any most NPC's and the ones I can see are horribly corrupt. I'm going to attempt another full wipe and reinstall to a spare drive.

HUZZAH! Done. Looks like a corrupted cache file as I assume that these are not checked by the file validation.

However, 2 of my characters still don't have a portrait and completely the wrong descriptions. Spy/Preacher? wtf?

Biglines
25-05-11, 17:40
However, 2 of my characters still don't have a portrait and completely the wrong descriptions. Spy/Preacher? wtf?
and ur sure these weren't that way before? because most chars turning into preachers has been the result of a database corruption a few years back turning most old characters into preachers or something.

tbh, as long as when u log on it's all correct, ur good to go ;)

Omnituens
25-05-11, 18:29
and ur sure these weren't that way before? because most chars turning into preachers has been the result of a database corruption a few years back turning most old characters into preachers or something.

tbh, as long as when u log on it's all correct, ur good to go ;)

1 was, the other randomly showed up when it could be bothered.

CMaster
26-05-11, 01:56
There's a file that causes this bug. Terra.something
If you dig around in the forums you might find it. Just delete it I believe and the game sorts itself out.

And yeah, the no portrait/wrong description is a result of the great hair database fail/

Genji
26-05-11, 02:39
hair is for sissys!

Biglines
26-05-11, 02:52
hair is for sissys!
walker would agree with you :p