PDA

View Full Version : Apartments missing everything

Genology
06-04-11, 01:54
Can a gm look into whats going on with player apartments. Everything in mine including gogu's / cabinets / furniture ect.. were all missing. Much apreciated

Other players were having the same issues

Powerpunsh
06-04-11, 03:25
I can confirm that. All my furnitures are gone and my appartment is empty like it was before i furnished it some years ago.

Fix it please!

edit: In addition to this, guards and mobs take like an age to appear for me. (e. g. factionguards, anarchy breeds in the old dome fa hq)

Powerpunsh
06-04-11, 05:03
sorry for doublepost but most wastelands sectors ive explored are empty so far. I just can see npcs and im able to interact with them, but no mobs just nothing. Vipercave, doytunnels and el farid village dungeon (all lvl's) are empty either.
I could only see mobs in the el farid village sector J_10.

Genology
06-04-11, 05:36
yeah, i went out to grant and only seen mostly reaper spiders must have been 8 of them there all right by eachother. checked the caves outside of TG and they were empty

Morpheus
06-04-11, 07:16
Everything in mine including gogu's / cabinets / furniture ect.. were all missing.
confirmed

yavimaya
06-04-11, 07:38
Yeah!?!
well i tried to login to see if i could see the same thing, as soon as i got to the main menu i noticed it was blurry like an out of focus projector!
also, it wont let me get as far as choosing a character :(
something is going wrong it would seem.

Izeo
06-04-11, 09:04
I can't log in (to Terra) at all :(

ratakresch
06-04-11, 09:46
so maybe the server was hacked?

lot's of people missing their stuff! I heard that i player named "coco" was standing in someones app looting alle the stuff!

Morpheus
06-04-11, 12:26
so maybe the server was hacked?

lot's of people missing their stuff! I heard that i player named "coco" was standing in someones app looting alle the stuff!
can't imagine.

if you can hack the nc database, there is no need to do any "physical" ingame action anymore. you just add up the items you need within the database.

other references that this is bullshit: he would have to know all the passwords and locations of the appartements he intends to "hack".

And: if the appartements appear to be emty to everyone, they will appear to be empty for him too.

No idea what happend, but i hope they fix it soon.

ratakresch
06-04-11, 12:31
some people only want to hurt other people ^^

Trilaac
06-04-11, 12:56
There have been ongoing problems with the server due to budget cuts methinks.. reduced mob numbers, slow sync times, unresponsive npcs and mission elements.

Terra was briefly online, but now it seems to be offline completely.

Powerpunsh.. which apartment is that? i've been looking for that kind for ages and don't know which one to get.

Trilaac
06-04-11, 12:59
other references that this is bullshit: he would have to know all the passwords and locations of the appartements he intends to "hack".

And: if the appartements appear to be emty to everyone, they will appear to be empty for him too.

not only that, but he would have to assume the users account or have GM granted power.
Either of these would be a serious violation of power and require in depth knowledge of the servers, and access to all account data, including GM accounts, which raises a new issue of security.

Morpheus
06-04-11, 13:07
There have been ongoing problems with the server due to budget cuts methinks.. reduced mob numbers, slow sync times, unresponsive npcs and mission elements.

Terra was briefly online, but now it seems to be offline completely.

Powerpunsh.. which apartment is that? i've been looking for that kind for ages and don't know which one to get.
Viarosso 3rd Level

http://wiki.techhaven.org/Apartment/Viarosso_Level_3_Video

[K1]Luke
06-04-11, 14:16
My level 2 VR appy seems to be fine. Going to check my main appy now with all my rares and leveling items.

ratakresch
06-04-11, 14:41
checked al my stuff. everything fine.

semms that only people that were online at around 0 - 1 o'clock yesterday have this problems!!!

Biglines
06-04-11, 14:42
lol, sounds like something that would be done in NC, punishing those players that are online :P

ratakresch
06-04-11, 14:54
sounds like it. or a server glitch ^^

Powerpunsh
06-04-11, 16:20
My appartment and our clanappartment is empty. No furnitures...

Please fix ur database KK.

Faid
06-04-11, 16:33
I hope you guys don't seriously expect to get your stuff back 8|

Powerpunsh
06-04-11, 16:38
Vote for rollback!!!

Sammson
06-04-11, 17:18
Correction, only the apartment I checked last night is empty (the recycle shop, thousands of loot items, stacks of r10s, trophys etc)the others are ok.
The wasteland etc boxes were also reset, so maybe it was part of that process that screwed up.

Biglines
06-04-11, 18:03
knowing KK (and the fact that they're completely and utterly ignoring this thread), you will probably never see the content of those appartments again.

Chenoa
06-04-11, 19:45
knowing KK (and the fact that they're completely and utterly ignoring this thread), you will probably never see the content of those appartments again.

Its nice to read, what you are knowing :)

No, we dont ignore this. Please report the empty Appartment with all details what happened to helpdesk@neocron.com. Ill forward this issues to the DEVs, let's wait and see, what they will do instead of spreading rumors.

Trilaac
06-04-11, 19:57
sorry to shite on on your parade guys, but after the downtime this morning and the server restart, all of my aps are full again, and all wasteland sectors appear to be working.

Entschuldigen Sie die Scheiße auf On Your Parade Jungs, aber nach der Downtime heute Morgen und den Server neu starten, sind alle meine aps wieder voll, und alle Ödland Sektoren scheinen zu funktionieren.

Good work KK, changed the hamsters finally eh?

Biglines
06-04-11, 20:11
Its nice to read, what you are knowing :)

No, we dont ignore this. Please report the empty Appartment with all details what happened to helpdesk@neocron.com. Ill forward this issues to the DEVs, let's wait and see, what they will do instead of spreading rumors.
actually, my statement was based on months of rollbacks that never resulted in recovering any items about half a year ago, and the complete absense of any news whatsoever on the promised anti-cheat patch...

(I know of several people who lost complete cabinets of rares to those rollbacks, who after repeated tickets were told they couldn't be helped)

Genology
06-04-11, 21:52
I would second a rollback, i have items i have collected for nearly a decade that are now lost.

Chenoa
07-04-11, 10:11
I got a few tickets from you, but some of you missed the details, so I have to request these at first.
Talked to a DEV and he will check out this issue asap!

Will inform the ticket poster within the next few days, what will happen.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have been caused.

Chen

Morpheus
07-04-11, 10:24
I got a few tickets from you, but some of you missed the details, so I have to request these at first.
Talked to a DEV and he will check out this issue asap!
Thank you Chenoa!

MrTrip
07-04-11, 10:40
Glad I haven't logged in lately... o_O

Morpheus
07-04-11, 10:41
Glad I haven't logged in lately... o_O
wish i could say that

Chenoa
07-04-11, 10:52
Ok all mails sent, please check out.
If you didn't get a mail, so your ticket didn't arrive.

If you still have to send in a ticket, so please do so today with the following details:
- Appartement location
- date and time when it happened
- character name of the appartement owner
- accountname

These are needed, to check out your problem. And replies only to the ticket, no new ticket needed or you will confuse me :D

English: Helpdesk@neocron.com
German: Helpdesk@neocron.de

Thank you!

Chenoa

Neallys
07-04-11, 10:54
Oh god. My appies with all my woc3 PAs and 5 slotted ionics GM spawned plus all the holy anti-red I had.

Oh please do something!

Alright, time to get online and empty an old appartement from all its junks and pretend I had 'the good stuff".

Chenoa
07-04-11, 11:01
Oh god. My appies with all my woc3 PAs and 5 slotted ionics GM spawned plus all the holy anti-red I had.

Oh please do something!

Alright, time to get online and empty an old appartement from all its junks and pretend I had 'the good stuff".

Be sure, the DEV will check and see it, no chance :angel:

MrTrip
07-04-11, 11:25
Ok all mails sent, please check out.
If you didn't get a mail, so your ticket didn't arrive.

If you still have to send in a ticket, so please do so today with the following details:
- Appartement location
- date and time when it happened
- character name of the appartement owner
- accountname

These are needed, to check out your problem. And replies only to the ticket, no new ticket needed or you will confuse me :D

English: Helpdesk@neocron.com
German: Helpdesk@neocron.de

Thank you!

Chenoa

Chenoa,

If I haven't logged in for awhile, should I login to check? Or just stay off and hope my items are there?

Morpheus
07-04-11, 11:27
Chenoa,

If I haven't logged in for awhile, should I login to check? Or just stay off and hope my items are there?
As what i can say from my experience, only those appys are affected that i entered on that night. All the other appy are fine.

Needless to say that, in my panic, i rushed all apartements to check :(

Placido
07-04-11, 11:42
please replace "Secret" in Deveraux. she is not more there since two days.

Chenoa
07-04-11, 11:45
please replace "Secret" in Deveraux. she is not more there since two days.

Has nothing to do with the topic, please write an ingame Ticket, so Black Ivory can reset "Secret" in the evening. Will push her to it.

Chen

Placido
07-04-11, 11:51
it has something to do with the topic. when do the apartment stuff get lost?
From that time "Secret" isnt at her place and where are the plants in plaza one?
Everything lost "AT THE SAME TIME".

Neallys
07-04-11, 11:53
it has something to do with the topic. when do the apartment stuff get lost?
From that time "Secret" isnt at her place and where are the plants in plaza one?
Everything lost "AT THE SAME TIME".

We lost the plants in Plaza-1?

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Placido
07-04-11, 11:59
i only want to say that not only apartment are missing since two days.
but its similar if there are plants or not.

@ neal: please go back to the topic^^ :D :D :D

Neallys
07-04-11, 12:09
i only want to say that not only apartment are missing since two days.
but its similar if there are plants or not.

@ neal: please go back to the topic^^ :D :D :D

Right. So here it is: Instead of fixing each people's apartment via tickets, perhaps, and I'm only giving out my theory on things, should we try to investigate WHY oh god WHY Terra has SO MANY problems.

Items disappearing, characters getting buggy, zone crashing, server crashing, synchronizing.. Well, I don't know if we still call them that, since they only seem to synchronize your client with outer space.

How do we explain not all servers suffer the same pattern.
When are we going to re-orient a single server to be more fun to play (perhaps less ass-pain PvE, more rare part lootings or at least something that make sense AKA Hello if I don't have a droner and exploit the ceiling like a mofo I'm poor as a duck, more fights, more activity. oh and I know rare weapons are rare, but fuck you really)

While I'm at it.
EASY ACCOUNT CREATION
At least for now, kthxbye.

L0KI
07-04-11, 12:14
Sandwiches did it. Ham and pickle; BLT, Meatball Marinara, etc.

Sandwiches.

Morpheus
07-04-11, 12:38
I wonder if they are still making regular database backups.

Biglines
07-04-11, 13:20
I wonder if they are still making regular database backups.
if they are recreating appartments from backups I'd say yes.

yes... I said that

Trilaac
07-04-11, 17:21
LOL @ Biglines comment.

Yes, most of the benches and plants are now gone. I know for a fact that Niddy spent like 2 hours placing benches, probably the plants too.

TBH i'm glad the plants are gone from P1 Medi near the Gogo since it stopped direct running routes to it from the stairs.

I have noticed though that in some of the faction HQ's the guards are gone.
There are also a couple of seemily bugged spawns I spent an hour walking back adn forth between 2 zones gunning down about 20 WB and WBT. I also hooked through El-farid and there were a bunch of high level firemobs and DOY units.

All these spawns seem to be on rolling spawns.. you kill one, another one spawns almost instantly nearby.

Biglines
07-04-11, 17:46
LOL @ Biglines comment.

Yes, most of the benches and plants are now gone. I know for a fact that Niddy spent like 2 hours placing benches, probably the plants too.

TBH i'm glad the plants are gone from P1 Medi near the Gogo since it stopped direct running routes to it from the stairs.

I have noticed though that in some of the faction HQ's the guards are gone.
There are also a couple of seemily bugged spawns I spent an hour walking back adn forth between 2 zones gunning down about 20 WB and WBT. I also hooked through El-farid and there were a bunch of high level firemobs and DOY units.

All these spawns seem to be on rolling spawns.. you kill one, another one spawns almost instantly nearby.
I think it was actually Hoder the gardener

Powerpunsh
07-04-11, 19:40
Somethings weird in the wastelands. But the Torbens are gone. :P

Ive mailed kk about my appartments. Hope they gonna fix it soon.

Chenoa
07-04-11, 21:14
As said the DEV is on it. When I'll get more info, I'll inform you as promised. It's not that I expected, not the complete server but enough :) Let's wait and see.

Chen

Atreides
08-04-11, 00:12
So Chenoa, what the heck is going on here?

It's not that I'm not able to read an write/listen and talk English.

But why the hell do we guys not get some of that infos in German, your native language? (There is a complaint about that stuff in the germand forums as well)

I'm to busy to check all of the forums everytime. There is a thread in the german forum too.

So why don't you post those things like writing an E-Mail to whoever in the german forums?

Facts like Terra is the last server where some people are online not means that there are no German players left in this game. (tbh: 90 % of the players on Terra are german speaking guys)

So where is the problem to do a rollback and everything is fine again?

Does KK even stopped to backup their servers?

Gruß und Schuss Atreides
Verbalkrüppel und Sonnengott von S.T.A.R.S.

Powerpunsh
08-04-11, 00:29
I think it depends on where the issue is and so far its only on terra and terra seems to be the multilanguage server with english serversupport. Therefore you wont never read something about it in the german section.

Am i right? :rolleyes:

Biglines
08-04-11, 00:58
tbh they shouldn't complain, I read the german forums only because they get new info far earlier 90% of the time.

Faid
08-04-11, 03:19
So Chenoa, what the heck is going on here?

It's not that I'm not able to read an write/listen and talk English.

But why the hell do we guys not get some of that infos in German, your native language? (There is a complaint about that stuff in the germand forums as well)

I'm to busy to check all of the forums everytime. There is a thread in the german forum too.

So why don't you post those things like writing an E-Mail to whoever in the german forums?

Facts like Terra is the last server where some people are online not means that there are no German players left in this game. (tbh: 90 % of the players on Terra are german speaking guys)

So where is the problem to do a rollback and everything is fine again?

Does KK even stopped to backup their servers?

Gruß und Schuss Atreides
Verbalkrüppel und Sonnengott von S.T.A.R.S.
lulz a German complaining about an English bias in Neocron... seriously? :lol:
I love how you're too busy to all of the 2-3 new posts on these forums every other day :lol:

Neallys
08-04-11, 10:18
Don't tell me about it. All these Germans on Terra.
I don't have a single thing against German people, they are cool in general.
But seriously, I was about to shoot myself with this German talking nightmare.

Side-story: So I'm watching that cartoon on cable TV, and I wonder from which country could be the producer of the whole thing...

Until they get burgers for breakfast.

HA!

Genji
08-04-11, 19:25
When I started reading this thread I thought "oh wow, even the npc's are quiting now" heh

As said the DEV is on it.

the dev? that all that's left? one guy. heh

damn, I'm more negative then normal this moring. someone go make me some breakfest, and it better me good or wayne brady will have to choke a bitch!

Setlec
08-04-11, 21:13
Genji, be happy, mate, at least we have 1 lonely DEV to help us out! it's far better than having none... don't you think?

Torg
08-04-11, 22:29
lulz a German complaining about an English bias in Neocron... what. OP wars moved to the forums? just for convenience?

Trilaac
09-04-11, 01:05
what. OP wars moved to the forums? just for convenience?

less lag for a start...

Biggy, you were right, it has hoder the gardener, sorry, not Niddy :P

Biglines
09-04-11, 01:29
hard to imagine, but less flaming too ;)

Morpheus
09-04-11, 11:32
As said the DEV is on it. When I'll get more info, I'll inform you as promised. It's not that I expected, not the complete server but enough :) Let's wait and see.

Chen
Any progression yet?

Chenoa
09-04-11, 19:18
I think it depends on where the issue is and so far its only on terra and terra seems to be the multilanguage server with english serversupport. Therefore you wont never read something about it in the german section.

Am i right? :rolleyes:

Correct!

And the DEVs are still on it..... no news so far, sorry. Its not a simple rollback and done....but.... I am no DEV. You know, it's done when it's done.

Chen

Biglines
09-04-11, 20:42
and seeing KK's trackrecord in promises, it will take a long time to get done.

remember one and a half year ago we were promised a patch? the 9 months of utterly ignoring us. then 9 months ago that the failpatch would get fixed soon? then 9 months of utterly ignoring us yet again?

then again, it suprised the hell out of me they have actually fixed some appartments already... so they could be finishing the anti-cheat patch in the next year.

Genji
09-04-11, 21:52
DEVs

hehe /devil face

Morpheus
12-04-11, 05:18
Anyone's apartement of those affected been restored yet?

Distort
13-04-11, 22:03
Anyone's apartement of those affected been restored yet?

Not mine...still as empty as if I just bought it...thankfully, I only logged into one of them and not all like a few people did...

Powerpunsh
15-04-11, 18:34
anything new?

Morpheus
15-04-11, 21:58
anything new?
No

[1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.]

Chenoa
17-04-11, 08:47
I pray for very soon!!! As promised, will inform you asap!

Chenoa

Morpheus
18-04-11, 16:07
...thankfully, I only logged into one of them and not all like a few people did...
Stupidly i did. But lesson learned. Has there been issues like this in the past? I can't remember such an database-earthquake.

I pray for very soon!!!
Hope your prayers help :)

Br Morph

Distort
18-04-11, 17:45
Stupidly i did. But lesson learned. Has there been issues like this in the past? I can't remember such an database-earthquake.

Good question; I quit back in 2006-2007 and just came back recently, so anything that happened during that time is unknown to me :lol:

Flashlite
19-04-11, 10:01
i love to eat kiwi befor i take my naps in the afternoon.

Biglines
19-04-11, 11:02
i love to eat kiwi befor i take my naps in the afternoon.
existential question: are you sure you love it? and are you really napping?

CMaster
19-04-11, 11:18

Yes.

Last time Terra hit 30% or so (note - database fuckups always occur when Terra hits this sorta pop. It seems that "30%" is more like 120% load for database purposes), a similar issue with apartments all going screwed up happened. Was fixed by an apartment only rollback and some other server tinkering. When Biglines earlier was talking about people who never got their stuff back, I think he's referring to people who put stuff into cabinets after the backup that was rolled back to was made. What with Item Tracking never actually working properly, there was no way for KK to ever verify or restore that stuff. Some people obviously benefited from this too (I know someone who took an SA from a cupboard an hour or two after said backup. He then wound up with two of them - one in his inventory, another in the restored apartment.

There have been other database crashes requiring partial or full rollbacks before, and of course the famous "hair crash" of 2005 was it? That was hilarious and the effects are still being felt now.
(For those who don't remember: Terra went all kinds of weird. Most of this was eventually fixed, but somehow the model ID for runners' hair got scrambled (along with some other stuff). For most people this just meant baldness or the wrong hair. Some people however had crabs, piles of ammo, or even memorably grim chasers and concrete bunkers attached to their heads. KK eventually fixed this by overwriting everybody to be bald, and equipping GMs with a "hairdressing tool". If you have a character with a blank portrait on the login screen, or described by the log in as a female psi monk when they clearly aren't, they were around at the time of this fuckup.)

Morpheus
19-04-11, 16:05
@CMaster
Thx for sharing your memories and knowledge.

Powerpunsh
19-04-11, 17:17
I just remember another rollback in 2004/2005. Lost my 5 slot heal in the juggernaut facility and gr'd in my appartment. immediately i got killed by an FA turret @ my window (plaza lvl 1 App).
After asking in the tradechannel for this issue people checked it and get killed either. Some hours later: rollback. actually i had luck getting my 5 slot heal back. :p

Genology
19-04-11, 20:24
Any news yet chenoa? i asked the support desk again but they said there was nothing new yet. Any way u can nudge the right people to get this fixed?

Distort
19-04-11, 22:53
Yes.

Last time Terra hit 30% or so (note - database fuckups always occur when Terra hits this sorta pop. It seems that "30%" is more like 120% load for database purposes), a similar issue with apartments all going screwed up happened. Was fixed by an apartment only rollback and some other server tinkering. When Biglines earlier was talking about people who never got their stuff back, I think he's referring to people who put stuff into cabinets after the backup that was rolled back to was made. What with Item Tracking never actually working properly, there was no way for KK to ever verify or restore that stuff. Some people obviously benefited from this too (I know someone who took an SA from a cupboard an hour or two after said backup. He then wound up with two of them - one in his inventory, another in the restored apartment.

So, is there no way for them to rollback individual apartments? If they roll back all of them then that just means new stuff from my other apts get jacked lol

MrTrip
20-04-11, 04:17
I have yet to login, I'm still afraid to do so and lose all my items, so...can we get a status update on this?

Biglines
20-04-11, 11:27
I have yet to login, I'm still afraid to do so and lose all my items, so...can we get a status update on this?
from what I read, it is no longer happening, it's just that those appartments that were emptied, haven't been recovered, but the actual emptying is over.

thats what I got from all the posts, but I could be wrong

MrTrip
20-04-11, 21:07
from what I read, it is no longer happening, it's just that those appartments that were emptied, haven't been recovered, but the actual emptying is over.

thats what I got from all the posts, but I could be wrong

See, and if you're wrong, I'd frown, because I don't know if my gold PA is in an apartment or in my gogu.

Biglines
20-04-11, 21:09
See, and if you're wrong, I'd frown, because I don't know if my gold PA is in an apartment or in my gogu.
well, most people are playing, so if it were still going on they would be losing stuff left and right wudnt they?

Sammson
21-04-11, 00:23
Yeah it's stable now, when it corrupted all the wasteland spawns reset to default (prolly caves too) all the public boxes reset, the clock was stuck on Jan 1, 2750 for awhile (date the game began I think) and of course, any apartment visited during this 'time warp' were reset (to what they were Jan 1 2750? maybe..) Man, I got 1000s of weapon parts on the line, among many other things, but meh, it's all gonna be lost eventually.....

Eh, I was hoping the launcher in b-9 would of reset, but no, he's still out partying somewhere.

Morpheus
21-04-11, 04:04
speaking for me, only those apartements where affected that i entered in that specific timeframe. gogu's where not affected. no appa missmatch (loss) since that night.

Genology
21-04-11, 06:02
yeah only the unfortunate who were on and entered there apartment at that time were affected. I am one of those... still waiting for you guys to do something about it plz

Torg
22-04-11, 00:56
just to let you know, none of my many chars has any empty cabs, so the problem cant be that severe.

Morpheus
22-04-11, 01:06
just to let you know, none of my many chars has any empty cabs, so the problem cant be that severe.
i assume you weren't online in that night, or didn't enter one of your apartements.

for those affected, it is severe.

Chenoa
22-04-11, 08:35
Sadly no, than it would be easier for the DEVs. They have to find out what exactly happened and it's concerning only a few apps.
And yes, sad but true it needs more time than expected. But I know they are really on it, its not forgotten! Sorry, more news to follow. Atm holidays here, Easter.

Chenoa

Genology
22-04-11, 09:35
Sadly no, than it would be easier for the DEVs. They have to find out what exactly happened and it's concerning only a few apps.
And yes, sad but true it needs more time than expected. But I know they are really on it, its not forgotten! Sorry, more news to follow. Atm holidays here, Easter.

Chenoa

Alright that makes me feel a little better lol

Morpheus
24-04-11, 06:14
I pray for very soon!!! As promised, will inform you asap!

Chenoa
I leveled a apu from scratch to woc1 by now ...

... guess i will have to carry on to woc3 before anything happens.

Chuck Norris
25-04-11, 07:53
Coming back to these forums from time to time is always good for A laugh.

Happy Easter everyone!

I still miss NC1 ten years later!

Biglines
25-04-11, 13:17
And yes, sad but true it needs more time than expected. But I know they are really on it, its not forgotten! Sorry, more news to follow.
No offense to you personally, but this is exactly the same as what was said about the anti-cheat patch, and that has taken more than half a year so far (just the fixing, the whole thing more than a year of course).

Genology
27-04-11, 11:45

Chenoa

Its been weeks since this accured where is the progress? The fact there is no news or info yet leads me to believe that nonody is or has been working on this. If this truly being worked on then any info is something to those of us that have lost everything, we are not going to simply forget about this, and tbh i dont know about everyone else here who lost there stuff but i for one could really care less about why it happend as i dont think its possible for kk to figure out or even provent it from happening again at some point. Personaly this kind of thing (not this exact problem) plague neocron and always have, its obvious the games programing and the equipment and servers that run them are not up to standards. I speak for myself when i say i can live with these things but fir gods sake just roll our apts back! Take a list of the people who lost there shit, maybe a dozen or so and get on restoring there apartments! U can forward that to the devs... Thus isnt a rant on any of the gm's or mods, i know you guys work hard and for free and just end up being the middle man. My hats off to you guys.

gamefreak
27-04-11, 12:56
Guise, stop trying to get the devs to dupe your stuff already.

Chenoa
27-04-11, 14:51
Take a list of the people who lost there shit, maybe a dozen or so and get on restoring there apartments! U can forward that to the devs...

Nice idea, what I've done of course! That's why I collected all your tickets.

I can only repeat myself: we are working on it. It's only harder than expected, but the stuff isn't lost!
I am visiting daily some apps to support the DEVs. But it wasn't "only" a server crash, something else happened to find out. More info to follow, as promised.

flib
27-04-11, 15:02
Its been weeks since this accured where is the progress? The fact there is no news or info yet leads me to believe that nonody is or has been working on this. If this truly being worked on then any info is something to those of us that have lost everything, we are not going to simply forget about this, and tbh i dont know about everyone else here who lost there stuff but i for one could really care less about why it happend as i dont think its possible for kk to figure out or even provent it from happening again at some point. Personaly this kind of thing (not this exact problem) plague neocron and always have, its obvious the games programing and the equipment and servers that run them are not up to standards. I speak for myself when i say i can live with these things but fir gods sake just roll our apts back! Take a list of the people who lost there shit, maybe a dozen or so and get on restoring there apartments! U can forward that to the devs... Thus isnt a rant on any of the gm's or mods, i know you guys work hard and for free and just end up being the middle man. My hats off to you guys.
It's not necessarily so simple that they can fix it by just rolling it back.

Faid
27-04-11, 16:36
I'll just quote myself from 3 weeks ago :p

Distort
27-04-11, 17:41
Shush Faid! :lol:

I'd like to get my stuff back just like everyone else but I'm not going to cry over it for a free game that I've been playing for almost 10 years...

Morpheus
27-04-11, 18:14
Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves.

Edit: I found two of four cabinets already restored on one of my chars :)

Chenoa
27-04-11, 19:44
Edit: I found two of four cabinets already restored on one of my chars :)

Yes, saw some pillows, cabinets, flowers, but I don't think that's all. Please leave it and don't try to change anything in the broken Apps, until we could fix it completely. But it's a sign, the DEVs are on the right way :)

It's not necessarily so simple that they can fix it by just rolling it back.

Indeed, that's the point, it isn't. It's really more :(

Morpheus
27-04-11, 19:46
... Please leave it and don't try to change anything in the broken Apps, until we could fix it completely. But it's a sign, the DEVs are on the right way :)
you can count on that ;)

Distort
27-04-11, 20:51
Oh good to hear there's some progress *cheers*

Powerpunsh
28-04-11, 03:22
looks like our claninsurance has already fixed a bit of our robbed-/destroyed clanappartment. I hope the NCPD will get the thieves, so we can go back to our daily grind and get rest of this shock. :angel:

Jodo
28-04-11, 06:21
looks like our claninsurance has already fixed a bit of our robbed-/destroyed clanappartment. I hope the NCPD will get the thieves, so we can go back to our daily grind and get rest of this shock. :angel:

Shoot all Hackers on sight as they will be primarily responsible for any thefts. Kill them all to make sure you get the guilty person/s and then grow some more if you need them for something.

Genology
28-04-11, 08:07
Woot! i got 4 cabs back so far, some items in there. Still missing a ton of cabs, items, furnitture ect... but this is progress ty so far for your efforts. can we use any of the items that have been restored yet? i know you said to leave everything alone so i just looked in side the few cabs i got back to see if there were any of my items in there. heres a screenie :)

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/2287/client2011042722465818.th.png (http://img707.imageshack.us/i/client2011042722465818.png/)

Omnituens
28-04-11, 17:45
Just tried logging in... and my entire account has vanished. Apparently.

That or I forgot how to spell my username.

Chenoa
29-04-11, 17:16
Woot! i got 4 cabs back so far, some items in there. Still missing a ton of cabs, items, furnitture ect... but this is progress ty so far for your efforts. can we use any of the items that have been restored yet?

Of course you can use it, but on your own risk.
It's still in work, no news so far, sorry.

Omnituens
29-04-11, 17:40
Turns out I was spelling my username wrong. Oops.

Luckily I haven't got anything missing. at least on my characters I managed to get back home with. I think my nav ray is drunk.

Sammson
09-05-11, 23:55
So... is that it, are they still being looked into?

3 cabinets out of a full set and a chair that can't be targetted, oh and the gogu.

The 416 gamonin is nice tho, thanks.

Morpheus
10-05-11, 00:19
i guess Faid was just right... :(

Biglines
10-05-11, 00:25
it was promised, so either it wont come, or it'll take years, but sure as hell you're not gonna be informed about it

Distort
10-05-11, 20:27
So... is that it, are they still being looked into?

3 cabinets out of a full set and a chair that can't be targetted, oh and the gogu.

The 416 gamonin is nice tho, thanks.

At least you have 3 cabinets lol.....it's so sad to walk into a completely empty apartment....

Chenoa
10-05-11, 21:05
Sorry, still waiting here. I only can quote myself, will inform you when I get news :( Please stay patience, we are still on it. I know its hard, sorry again.

Chen

daughterolilith
17-05-11, 15:09
A week later that's scarrrry

Biglines
17-05-11, 22:29
A week later that's scarrrry
since what? the apartments going byebye and them promising to fix asap was over a month ago, what are you referring to?

Morpheus
24-05-11, 06:39
Please stay patience...
i am patient

Powerpunsh
25-05-11, 02:54
patience is a virtue.

Morpheus
25-05-11, 03:51
patience is a virtue.
indeed

Biglines
25-05-11, 11:37
is simply giving up on any expectations about KK doing as they promised also a virtue? :p

Load
25-05-11, 13:13
is simply giving up on any expectations about KK doing as they promised also a virtue? :p

Biglines have you ever heard of the expression, if you dont have anything good to say dont say anything at all.
I thinkif you learnt it it would benefit the community

Biglines
25-05-11, 13:42
Biglines have you ever heard of the expression, if you dont have anything good to say dont say anything at all.
well I find it amusing myself, so the first part doesn't really apply. Secondly, this is a forum, 99% of the posts on here are of no actual use to anyone except to hopefully keep themselves busy (hell, even your post is informed by a need to assert your superiority over me, which I guess is natural in every human being). I generally don't insult actual people (some exceptions regretfully), I try to help everyone that needs help, I try to do good by the community as whole by contributing to community projects, and I gratify my need for useless discussion. I know a bunch of people don't like my posts, but the people I hang out with generally either don't mind or actually like the posts.

So I'm actually quite sorry it doesn't amuse you, you seem like a good guy, but the "community" was fucked up long before I started making my useless sarcastic comments directed at KK's incompetence, so I frankly don't think me "learning" will change that much, and like said before, it amuses me and allows me to vent frustrations in a socially somewhat acceptable manner.

Thanks for voicing you opinion though, I agree I might be overdoing it a bit in this thread, as these are actual problems people are faced with, and being sarcastic might be disagreeable to them as well.

here's however my actual opinion on the subject of this thread:
I think that any software problem like these appartments being gone, is something that can either be solved through a search for a bug and rollback everything in one go, or a coordinated effort to roll those errors back. The first option isn't the case, since some appartments are coming back, and some aren't. The second should really be happening, but about 2 months have passed now with only superficial change, so I believe that they are simply ignoring the problem because they are busy with something else, while they want us to believe that the devs are actually working on the problem. I don't know overly much about databases, but it would seem to me that recovering these appartments gets harder and harder after more time has passed and people access and change other appartments and containers. This recovery of heard-earnt items/apps seems very likely to be on a very low priority for KK, which I find quite bad policy for a company that has to rely on customer satisfaction to keep earning money in the future. I just wish they were honest about it and said "sorry guys, we have a dev on it when he isn't too busy with black prophecy, but it'll take a while because he doesn't have much time to spend on recovering your items".

while accusing them of the error in their ways has so far never gotten a positive reaction except when posted in the black prophecy forums, I've always believed that these issues should at least be pointed out so they don't get away with it without at least some protest (granted impotent protest)

Faid
25-05-11, 16:38
So by this rationale, if everyone just praised KK all the time and never said anything negative, the community would be better off? Would giving KK constant praise bring back the missing items in these apartments?

Have you ever heard the expression "the squeaky wheel gets the grease?"

I, like Biglines and a ton of others, feel as if we are being lied to is all. Its a common theme for KK, "just tell them we're working on it" Hell they said they've been working a new patch also and that was years ago. I would be satisfied with the truth, even if it is: "NC doesn't have any priority for us right now and any problems that arise aren't going to be dealt with with any kind of real support." At least then it would make sense, but instead we get "seriously we are working on the problem really really hard everyday." It's just the feeling of being lied to that irks me.

Jodo
25-05-11, 17:16
I don't really have a problem with the posts from Biglines, they're often quite insightful and well structured, but I much prefer the most recent post to all the "do you expect anything different from KK?" posts. It just seems as though every opportunity is being taken to slag them off, there's no constructive criticism, just, seemingly, open hostility.
I completely understand the need to vent, and you (and every NC fan) has more than a right to. I feel it loses any impact though (and is much more likely to be ignored) when it just comes out as bog standard trolling. It's felt a little tiring in this thread.

Anyway, an update from an official would be very appreciated, and just a pinch of truth about any restraints or other obligations would be good too.

Biglines
25-05-11, 17:53
I don't really have a problem with the posts from Biglines, they're often quite insightful and well structured, but I much prefer the most recent post to all the "do you expect anything different from KK?" posts. It just seems as though every opportunity is being taken to slag them off, there's no constructive criticism, just, seemingly, open hostility.
I completely understand the need to vent, and you (and every NC fan) has more than a right to. I feel it loses any impact though (and is much more likely to be ignored) when it just comes out as bog standard trolling. It's felt a little tiring in this thread.

Anyway, an update from an official would be very appreciated, and just a pinch of truth about any restraints or other obligations would be good too.
thanks for the compliments, and I agree that lately most of the posts have turned to simple sarcastic jokes (regretfully due to the subject matter rather repetitive), some even indeed coming near random trolling. I think the main reason behind that is the fact that whether you post positive and constructive posts, or flaming trolls makes absolutely to reakktor, they will still utterly and completely ignore everything that is said, and absolutely no improvement or even interest is shown in this game.

I mean, the announcement of neocron 3 was over 2 years ago (not the little artwork that one of their concept artists made in a few hours, nc3 was announced when the game became free), at the same time as a promised patch, a promised repair of the failpatch, and a promised content patch together with a restart of the payment model.

Faid said it feels like us being lied to, but it's a simple fact that either we are being lied to, or they are incompetent (a patch simply can not take a year to fix if they are in fact working on it as they said)

Jodo
25-05-11, 20:27
I know, I know, I really do.
I suppose I just don't like seeing one of the more sensible members of the community degrading to the point of commenting like the "knuckle draggers" and "mouth breathers" who, over the years, have largely had an issue with KK because they've been disciplined for cheating or posting offensive comments. They were always full of the "KK is crap, driving one of their few customers/supporters away" bullshit. Most of the regular forum visitors now, like yourself, have ideas, make suggestions (the polite kind) and want to better the game.
As I said, I've no problem with your posts, I was suggesting why other people may be feeling aggrieved by some of the more recent ones.

Oh, and you're welcome. The compliments were meant sincerely and to highlight that any criticisms were from a non-aggressive point of view.

Load
25-05-11, 20:59
So by this rationale, if everyone just praised KK all the time and never said anything negative, the community would be better off? Would giving KK constant praise bring back the missing items in these apartments?

Have you ever heard the expression "the squeaky wheel gets the grease?"

Have you ever heard of constructive criticism?

Biglines
25-05-11, 21:11
Have you ever heard of constructive criticism?
you haven't been posting much the past few years, if you had been, you would have known that after repeating constructive criticism against a wall for about 5 years, sometimes it just makes way for some random rants.

as said before, constructive criticism has never lead to any positive results, and I'm very sad to say that a few months ago, the only thing that has lead to a result in the past 5 years has been a negative thread on the black prophecy forums (since they are completely and utterly ignoring us here), since they are afraid the new customers will find out what they really are.

it's good to see someone still romantic enough to believe in KK, but the sad truth is that before long you will either have left, or be just as cynical as the rest.

flib
25-05-11, 22:56
I don't really give a shit. Continuing to invest in Neocron is masochistic, and I'm done making myself suffer... until NC3 >_>

Morpheus
09-01-12, 18:10
Can a gm look into whats going on with player apartments. Everything in mine including gogu's / cabinets / furniture ect.. were all missing. Much apreciated

Other players were having the same issues
That was in last april, eight months ago. Some of my appas where affected also. Nothing happend, otherwise than promised.

Anyone else got his stuff restored ?

BR

Faid
10-01-12, 17:20
I'll just quote myself from 9 months ago :p

Oh, and I'm sure if Chenoa even still reads any of these forums that she'll come on here and tell you that they're still working to resolve the issue like she did 9 months ago :lol:

Biglines
10-01-12, 18:04
Oh, and I'm sure if Chenoa even still reads any of these forums
hehe good joke :D The only KK employee who seems to care is danae, and she's already been doing things for us that she doesn't have to

(please don't use this as an opening to start flaming, it is a compliment to danae, not an opening for flaming)

Powerpunsh
10-01-12, 23:05
Seriously...

VOTE FOR ROLLBACK!

Chuck Norris
10-01-12, 23:28
Seriously...

VOTE FOR ROLLBACK!

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt84/breezyauzette/adds%20and%20smileys/rofl-1.gif

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f24/koolwhip3722/smileys/rofl.gif

Morpheus
11-01-12, 01:03
Seriously...

VOTE FOR ROLLBACK!
Vote!

Genji
11-01-12, 14:31

To be fair, I'm suprised anyone that's played in the last few years can post anything but just open hostiliy. I think they've earned the right to in a sense, and I know that sounds a bit silly but...
I thought it was funny that anyone could believe there would be an NC3 and I would still bet my underwhelming net worth that it wont happen and openly laugh at people that do believe...I wish I could believe, I really do! But the best I can muster is just being happy that they've kept the servers up as long as they have. And hope that they stay up as long as humanly possible because when I feel like playing NC there's just nothing that can come remotely close to it, and I will be extremly sad when they do finally go down.

Since we are (kind of) on the topic of KK's well being, does anyone know how well the whole Black Prophcy thing has been working out for them?

And on the main topic of the post: I hope you guys get your stuff back but given the time and how the last "things disappearing from apt's" type issues have played out...well GL!

Kanedax
11-01-12, 17:57
Fact is, most people who are wholly negative, like myself, tried constructive criticism for a long long time. I was patient, offered suggestions, helped with events (when i wasn't getting teleported to the canyons for ganking.) I pretty much did everything in my power to try and help KK make this a better game for YEARS. I believe my vitriolic attitude towards KK at this point is totally justified.

Biglines
11-01-12, 18:25
lol wow, guys, that was a discussion 7-8 months ago, this thread was only reopened to slag at KK for the fact they did fuck all about the missing appartement stuff ;)

Kanedax
11-01-12, 19:24
lol wow, guys, that was a discussion 7-8 months ago, this thread was only reopened to slag at KK for the fact they did fuck all about the missing appartement stuff ;)

Its just more evidence of how many fucks they give, the number being zero.

Chuck Norris
11-01-12, 20:36
how'd that Kirk response in a week work out, mmm more dope!

Im sure BP is schlepping along nicely, I thought they knew remaking old stuff is like printing money check out Nintendo, push Nc to consoles with cheesements $$$$

stonehaven25
27-09-12, 17:59
LOL Genology at your signature picture!

L0KI
27-09-12, 18:03
LOL Genology at your signature picture!

9 month old thread is 9 months old.

Trivaldi
27-09-12, 18:12
Seriously?

Closed.