PDA

View Full Version : OT- BP is released ??

ashley watts
23-03-11, 06:10
Since when ? just onto the website and the first thing i see is free to play and play now

I felt my tinkyy move a bit... is it good ?? :angel:

ashley watts
23-03-11, 06:11
*clicks download*

Were afraid you can not play this game in your location, sorry..

:(

MrTrip
23-03-11, 09:22
Downloaded and installed...

Odd there was no announcement here?

But now does this mean we are getting our NC3?!

Oh, and FIRST TO REPLY! After a double post by ashley of course, arghh

EDIT: JESUS THE MINI GAME IN THE CREDITS IS FREAKING ADDICTING. I NOW KNOW THE NAMES OF EVERYBODY INVOLVED BECAUSE I HAVE KILLED THEM..

EDIT2: What a waste of fucking bandwidth...

Anybody downloading this STOP RIGHT NOW. If you are in NORTH AMERICA STOP.

I REPEAT, ANYBODY IN NORTH AMERICA STOP DOWNLOADING NOW.

Read this http://blackprophecy.gamigo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11702

ashley watts
23-03-11, 10:44
maybe thats my problem, im tryin to play from australia..

ill download the client and just hope they unblock IP's from around the world, im guessing their doing it so it doesnt lag up all the servers ?

yavimaya
23-03-11, 11:02
Yea, different regions will have thier own server, because of lag issues, and once again those damn publishers.
for example russians cant play Euro server because they are in talks with a publisher to have a russian server.

but then if you guys followed the game at all instead of bitching then you would know ;)

Ashley, dont expect an australian server, i think when the american server is up we may get to play, but im not too sure, because i was hoping that they would open it up to us at launch.
btw, i was in beta, so i can play! sucks to be not watching aye, got a key in one of those huge give aways where keys were available for like 3 weeks, people had plenty of opportunity to get a CB key near the end. :P

L0KI
23-03-11, 11:29
Game seems a huge improvement from closed beta. They've done a great job. A little bit too instanced for my tastes, but PvP is VERY available :)

To be honest, it's one of the best looking games I have every played.

Brammers
23-03-11, 11:59
maybe thats my problem, im tryin to play from australia..

ill download the client and just hope they unblock IP's from around the world, im guessing their doing it so it doesnt lag up all the servers ?

Doubt they will unlock the IP. They have locked it to the EU only. Only possible way around it, is to VPN to somewhere in the UK/Europe.

There is supposed to be a North America closed beta starting, and at some point a client for the Russians, but that is with a separate publisher.

Genji
23-03-11, 13:06
This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I understand the concept but it's comming from KK, there won't be enough people playing for that. Not to mention atleast a fair size of there starting players will be ex-NC players who are all over the world. Why the fuck would I want to play another game by KK (if there was even enough NA players to justify a NA server, which there wont be) and not be able to kill the same noobs from NC.

Any little hope I had for that game just went out the fucking window, an impressive but somehow not at all surprising feat by KK.

And did I hear correctly, this is a full release free to download and play? How are they planing to profit...Don't tell me there making it one of THOSE games, "ALL FREE TO PLAY".. but you have to spend cash to buy any item that's worth a damn.

Either way, I always knew it was going to fail somehow. Honestly I'm surprised so many of you expected something besides the 'fail' outcome, though I don't know why after seeing all the optimism is the "nc3" post...lol

Anyway, GL to KK with BP. I hope you can atleast get enough people in europe to play so you can pay a few GM's to keep the game from turning into neocron in space (I ofcourse mean the state of the game, cause possibly most just wanted it to succed so they could have a chance of seeing a reborn neocron).

L0KI
23-03-11, 13:21
And did I hear correctly, this is a full release free to download and play? How are they planing to profit...Don't tell me there making it one of THOSE games, "ALL FREE TO PLAY".. but you have to spend cash to buy any item that's worth a damn.

It's a cash shop system, yes. However, you don't buy better weapons, etc.. you pay for 5%/10% increases in XP gain, zero synaptic impairment for a month, etc. All things that make a difference, but are not essential to be competitive. In my opinion, they went about it the right way on this occasion.

Can't really comment on the rest of your post, as I'm yet to see the game's end-game potential. I wouldn't say it was a failure though - it's been quite a successful launch in comparison to other recent MMOs.

NS_CHROME54
23-03-11, 17:58
The level of childishness in this thread is ridiculous. Games get staggered release dates in various markets all the time, it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. KK also made it quite clear that it was currently a Europe-only launch to anyone who bothered to read the press release or file description and didn't just hit the download button like a frothing maniac. Heck, the file name has EU right in it, shouldn't that be an obvious enough clue? Stop acting like you've been grievously wounded and your honour has been sullied. Yes, us North Americans got the short end of the stick, but it's not worth crying over.

MrTrip
23-03-11, 19:02
The level of childishness in this thread is ridiculous. Games get staggered release dates in various markets all the time, it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. KK also made it quite clear that it was currently a Europe-only launch to anyone who bothered to read the press release or file description and didn't just hit the download button like a frothing maniac. Heck, the file name has EU right in it, shouldn't that be an obvious enough clue? Stop acting like you've been grievously wounded and your honour has been sullied. Yes, us North Americans got the short end of the stick, but it's not worth crying over.

Oh there is a press release? Any information on its SISTER FORUM HERE? Well, I guess we are more of a distant bastard cousin, but this is the game taking away time and monies from Neocron, so how come no information for us here? We got information about it before here.

NS_CHROME54
23-03-11, 19:57
Oh there is a press release? Any information on its SISTER FORUM HERE? Well, I guess we are more of a distant bastard cousin, but this is the game taking away time and monies from Neocron, so how come no information for us here? We got information about it before here.

Just a shot in the dark here, but maybe KK made the logical assumption that, after 3 years of build up, anyone from the Neocron forum that gives a damn about BP is probably following the game on the BP site, or one of the innumerable MMO news sites on the internet, not a forum devoted to a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT IP. I myself learned that BP was released in Europe reading Massively.com, who also made it quite clear that it was a Europe-Only launch.

Or, if this is what you really want to hear, than fine. We are the bastard cousin, KK are nothing but evil mustachioed Bond villains who do nothing but sit around all day counting their money while thinking up new and exciting ways to hurt loyal Neocronians both psychologically and emotionally. Knowing that they can make us pile over in turmoil with even the smallest slight gives them a level of pleasure bordering on ecstacy. For them, giving us the middle finger is better than sex.

You know, or not.

MrTrip
23-03-11, 21:17
Just a shot in the dark here, but maybe KK made the logical assumption that, after 3 years of build up, anyone from the Neocron forum that gives a damn about BP is probably following the game on the BP site, or one of the innumerable MMO news sites on the internet, not a forum devoted to a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT IP. I myself learned that BP was released in Europe reading Massively.com, who also made it quite clear that it was a Europe-Only launch.

Or, if this is what you really want to hear, than fine. We are the bastard cousin, KK are nothing but evil mustachioed Bond villains who do nothing but sit around all day counting their money while thinking up new and exciting ways to hurt loyal Neocronians both psychologically and emotionally. Knowing that they can make us pile over in turmoil with even the smallest slight gives them a level of pleasure bordering on ecstacy. For them, giving us the middle finger is better than sex.

You know, or not.

Loving the sarcasm!

Oh by the way, what is your in game character name? When is the last time YOU played this game? Oh right, probably a few years, or maybe Neocron 1 times.

KK has just turned a cold shoulder on us, no, they are not some evil mustachioed Bond villains who do nothing but sit around all day counting their money while thinking up new and exciting ways to hurt loyal Neocronians both psychologically and emotionally, but they could show us some more attention.

But hey! Thanks for your input :)

Trivaldi
23-03-11, 22:04
Enough.

Black Prophecy is available to play for those in Europe, you can now also register for the Closed Beta (http://blackprophecy.gamigo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11651) for the up coming North American release. A separate client version is available via the Black Prophecy forums, although currently access is only granted on an invite basis as described in the link.

Both forum teams are now seperate and have been for over a year. Once the initial closed beta registration opened in 2008 and later the forums in 2009 we have encouraged those interested in Black Prophecy to move on to it's official community and forum. It has long been policy to not post all information regarding Black Prophecy here, assuming interested parties would migrate.

As such, if you wish to discuss Black Prophecy, please register to post on the Official Black Prophecy forum.