PDA

View Full Version : WOW this is still running

Eternal Pink
23-03-11, 01:05
surprised this place is still around but since it is does the client run on win7 since i may download and install if it does

Trivaldi
23-03-11, 01:17
You may need to tweak a few odds and ends in User Account Control but yes, Neocron will run in Windows 7. If you have any issues, be sure to post in the forums and the community will always lend a hand. :)

Welcome back!

MrTrip
23-03-11, 01:21
Install to your root C: drive. It mostly always fails from Program Files while patching.

Also, high speed client downloads on http://www.neocron.org

Eternal Pink
23-03-11, 01:36
still got the original CD's (was finding them that made me look here) so currently patching up, at patch 148 now so only another 26 to go

Flashlite
23-03-11, 02:46
i just uninstalled it. but it works on win7 have to run it under administrator. theres only about 2-6 players ingame just to let you know your not missing anything if you dont get it working. i had to clean my gaming harddrive for Crysis 2 and soon battlefield 3

yavimaya
23-03-11, 11:06
CD? they made NC2 CDs? didnt even know that.
yeah NC will work, i use win7 64bit, no problems here.

Flash, and you got rid of neocron for games that you will clock in 4 hours?
The sacrilege!!

Eternal Pink
24-03-11, 01:03
Yep they did, a long time ago.

Client works etc didn't even have to do anything, had a few zone line sync's but it recovered rather than crashing the client which was different.

Was nice to see the apartment i spent a long time making again (man placing pillows brings back so many bad memories) but I only saw 2 other runners which was disappointing ( server was on 1% ) i'll try again the weekend and hopefully the % will be up.

yavimaya
24-03-11, 04:43
Average for peak times is 5%, max i have seen is 8%.
70% of each day will be 1%

And alot of the % that you see will be made of up duel logging players.

For all the complaints you hear from the whingers, the client doesnt crash half as much as it used to for me, nor sync out as often.

flib
24-03-11, 07:43
You may need to tweak a few odds and ends in User Account Control but yes, Neocron will run in Windows 7. If you have any issues, be sure to post in the forums and the community will always lend a hand. :)

Welcome back!
Always? I'm pretty sure the last guy that wanted help gave us the finger for not responding quickly enough, so most of us didn't help at first. :P

Also, may need to run in compatibility mode for music to work or something, or maybe that was run as admin. I don't remember.

yavimaya
24-03-11, 09:41
he sure did Flib, but then again, its our fault, the 12 of us didnt answer within 5 minutes :P