PDA

View Full Version : Can't connect?

Aidscake
04-03-11, 15:45
Hey guys. I used to play NC1 back in the day. Though I'd come back and see what its like.

So I downloaded and tried to log in - It says Failed to Connect to Server.

Everything updated ok using the launcher. Are the servers down? Or do I need to change the I.P. in the ini file?

Aidscake
04-03-11, 22:19
I guess I'll just talk my fucking self then.

Thought the community here was good. Ah well.

zii
04-03-11, 23:59
We are reading... but don't know the answer.

Check you C:\Program Files\neocron2\ini\updater.ini is correct.
Maybe yours is incorrect.

Mine has this:

SERVERIP=83.236.174.254
PORT=8020
PATCHPREFIX=patches\cp
EXE=Client.exe
GAMESERVERIP=83.236.174.254
HOMEURL=http://launcher.neocron.com/
FTPSERVER=ftp.neocron.com
TESTPATCHDIR=/nc2testserver
RETAILPATCHDIR=/nc2retail
ISRETAILVERSION=1
USELOCALPORT=0
LOCALPORT=21041

derretimos
05-03-11, 00:13

lolololololololololololol

QQ

flib
05-03-11, 01:29

Wow, I get on here at least twice daily, and I hadn't seen your post until after your little fit, so enjoy your not able to connect.

Biglines
05-03-11, 01:30

it's a good that zii answered, cuz if ur gonna start like that i wud never have helped

Genji
05-03-11, 13:14

HEY YO, FUCK YOU MANG!

Aidscake
05-03-11, 16:32
All right calm down you crazy bastards.

Checked my ini file and its ok. Checked my firewall and neocron is allowed access...

Im living at uni halls so they might be blocking it for some reason. Hmm. I'll just keep pissing around with stuff till it works. Took me 10 mins to figure out that I needed to close Divxupdate.exe for the game to start! Bwahah!

flib
05-03-11, 16:49
Yeah, it's most likely that the port is closed.
The only way around that is to tunnel with a proxy.

Good luck.

Biglines
05-03-11, 22:32
there's another way you could try.. oh wait. fuck it

TheJesterLives
06-03-11, 03:55
Don't even bother playing you might be lucky to find maybe one or two players...lol, game is way dead pal.

MrTrip
06-03-11, 08:53
Don't even bother playing you might be lucky to find maybe one or two players...lol, game is way dead pal.

Yeah, if you're pissed about nobody responding on the forums, just wait till they don't respond to you in game, at all, period.

My poker is on my same account as a character I needed poked, took a day to get a poke.

MrTrip
06-03-11, 08:55
All right calm down you crazy bastards.

Checked my ini file and its ok. Checked my firewall and neocron is allowed access...

Im living at uni halls so they might be blocking it for some reason. Hmm. I'll just keep pissing around with stuff till it works. Took me 10 mins to figure out that I needed to close Divxupdate.exe for the game to start! Bwahah!

Your university must have a firewall.

There was a thread awhile back. You are pretty much screwed for playing Neocron my friend. There is no way to tunnel UDP packets through a proxy the way NC needs to do it.

No way, no how, time to move on.

Aidscake
06-03-11, 14:26
Ahh. Thanks for the help MrTrip, I thought that was the case. Kind of sucks that I can't bypass it, I really wanted to log in again.

I actually thought there were a small bunch of people playing but if its that dead then I guess its not worth the effort. Looks like I'll have to stick it out till NC3...whenever that is - lets hope they get it right!

Aidscake
06-03-11, 14:29
there's another way you could try.. oh wait. fuck it

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_UUs9lU_2GCQ/STKVCt3xYiI/AAAAAAAAAHI/FeCPz3hdRB4/s320/CNR_meh.jpg

flib
06-03-11, 20:40
Your university must have a firewall.

There was a thread awhile back. You are pretty much screwed for playing Neocron my friend. There is no way to tunnel UDP packets through a proxy the way NC needs to do it.

No way, no how, time to move on.
Actually, I was able to bypass that problem. For me, it turned out that I only needed to tunnel the port used to login, and after that, I was able to connect normally.
That might not necessarily be the case elsewhere though.

Edit: I guess I can link you to the thread where I figured it out:
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=142881
You'll need to find your own ssh server to connect to; the one I used is gone now.