William Antrim
03-03-11, 00:31
The barman says "We don't serve time travellers in here!"

A time traveller walks into a bar.

:lol:

Biglines
03-03-11, 01:44
lol

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Brammers
03-03-11, 03:52
3.....2.....1..... closed!

(Do mods close bad jokes? :lol: )

William Antrim
03-03-11, 05:34
Nah I think its that bad some people might laugh and then it might get kept open.

Feel free to post your own bad jokes. Please noone say BP open beta.....

Morpheus
03-03-11, 07:47
3.....2.....1..... closed!

(Do mods close bad jokes? :lol: )
If its a time travelling mod, he'd close the thread before William opened it :D

Brammers
03-03-11, 12:10
Feel free to post your own bad jokes. Please noone say BP open beta.....

I have a different choice of words for BP.... I'll save them for later.

As for a bad joke.

A man walked into a bar... :lol:

L0KI
03-03-11, 12:12
I have a different choice of words for BP.... I'll save them for later.

As for a bad joke.

A man walked into a bar... :lol:

Sorry to de-rail...

I haven't tried BP open yet. I played closed for a while, and that is exactly how the game felt... closed.

What's it like now, Brammers?

Brammers
03-03-11, 12:24
Sorry to de-rail...

I haven't tried BP open yet. I played closed for a while, and that is exactly how the game felt... closed.

What's it like now, Brammers?

The OB has just started this week. Even though I closed the Prophecy Network, I still keep an eye on BP.

I've been in CB since June last year. Although they made a lot of improvements to the game, with a lot more polish. However even at the end of CB, the game wasn't holding my attention.

I've have downloaded the OB Client and installed it, but I really don't fancy doing those prologue missions again.

I know EvE and BP shouldn't be compared. However EvE has just got a new character generator, which just simply blows BP's character generator out of the water.

L0KI
03-03-11, 12:57
The OB has just started this week. Even though I closed the Prophecy Network, I still keep an eye on BP.

I've been in CB since June last year. Although they made a lot of improvements to the game, with a lot more polish. However even at the end of CB, the game wasn't holding my attention.

I've have downloaded the OB Client and installed it, but I really don't fancy doing those prologue missions again.

I know EvE and BP shouldn't be compared. However EvE has just got a new character generator, which just simply blows BP's character generator out of the water.

My feelings were 'awww, this could have been brilliant'.

What I found was, the travel just felt like insta-travel across the map, rather than an actual jump to another sector (due to loading screens). Everything felt relatively small, and there didn't seem to be much to do.

The PvP is the bit I was looking forward to, but most of the areas were safe zones, and I didn't get the chance to do any.

How's the PvP in your opinion?

And I promise, this is my last thread de-rail - however amusing it may be that a thread entitled 'Bad Joke' ha sprogressed into a discussion about Black Prophecy.

dodgefahrer
03-03-11, 13:16
Ive been in the CB since june too and the beginning was just horrible.
They did a lot improvements in the past but even i like space MMOs a lot i dont realy feel like playing BP excessive since the missions are always the same, lvling is hella slow and im missing a lot of PvP stuff at low lvls.
What i also dislike is the instance feeling which i had most of the time.
I started to play BSG online 2 weeks ago and even its "just" a browsergame with small content (missions and stuff) i like it much more then BP since u can PvP everywhere and everytime u login.

/just my 2 cents

L0KI
03-03-11, 13:24
Ive been in the CB since june too and the beginning was just horrible.
They did a lot improvements in the past but even i like space MMOs a lot i dont realy feel like playing BP excessive since the missions are always the same, lvling is hella slow and im missing a lot of PvP stuff at low lvls.
What i also dislike is the instance feeling which i had most of the time.
I started to play BSG online 2 weeks ago and even its "just" a browsergame with small content (missions and stuff) i like it much more then BP since u can PvP everywhere and everytime u login.

/just my 2 cents

Exactly what I thought. :(

Instanced, grindy, samey. BLEH.

Earthrise it is.

Brammers
03-03-11, 14:51
My feelings were 'awww, this could have been brilliant'.

What I found was, the travel just felt like insta-travel across the map, rather than an actual jump to another sector (due to loading screens). Everything felt relatively small, and there didn't seem to be much to do.

The PvP is the bit I was looking forward to, but most of the areas were safe zones, and I didn't get the chance to do any.

How's the PvP in your opinion?

And I promise, this is my last thread de-rail - however amusing it may be that a thread entitled 'Bad Joke' ha sprogressed into a discussion about Black Prophecy.

OT: And sorry for the thread de-rail as well!

They did get rid of the loading screens, although you fly around while waiting for the background images load in the background.

As for the PvP, well not tried it recently.

When I did try it. (I'm thinking back several months here) I think I was was doing more Benny Hill's around the asteroids all the times, until I had access to Tatics. However I've lost interest by that point. What was fun was chasing each other around the small gaps and holes at the Spire Station.

Biglines
03-03-11, 18:46
OT: And sorry for the thread de-rail as well!

They did get rid of the loading screens, although you fly around while waiting for the background images load in the background.

As for the PvP, well not tried it recently.

When I did try it. (I'm thinking back several months here) I think I was was doing more Benny Hill's around the asteroids all the times, until I had access to Tatics. However I've lost interest by that point. What was fun was chasing each other around the small gaps and holes at the Spire Station.
the op derailed it himself ;)

is it worth trying tho? (had access, but only got a pc capable of running it properly today)

William Antrim
04-03-11, 00:25
Biglines you beat me to it.....

so is it worth a download then?

yavimaya
11-03-11, 08:07
I would say yea it is.

I got into the closed beta prob 2/3 of the way through, said i would never play it. (basically was way tto hard for my little brain and unco hands.)

But they have fixed ALOT of what made it bad before, still too much instancing, but openn sectors are nice and large. although they are about the size the smallest sectors should have been at minimum.

Lvling is way too slow, you need a couple thousand xp for each lvl, but only get 30 or so xp off each kill. although i say that, pvp is better balanced between lower and higher lvls than NC, low level could easily beat a mid lvl if they are better/have a much better ping.
recently added XP boosters from the premium shop help quite a bit ( you get some free $KK right now).

Definetaly worth a look for people who are better at twitch gaming.
you cant spin with the flick of the mouse like you can in normal FPS. but you certainly dont need a good lock like in NC to get a hit in.

Back on topic - i think the worst joke is the fact that BP will show that NC probably would have been a success without that damn recticle/hitbox system. <- worst system ever.

Doc Holliday
11-03-11, 11:01
i like it. stuck at the mo due to a bug so i cant finish the prologue but its been fun so far.

yavimaya
11-03-11, 12:08
i like it. stuck at the mo due to a bug so i cant finish the prologue but its been fun so far.
what mission?

Doc Holliday
12-03-11, 10:26
father bartholomew. every time i jump to the sector and it loads the cut scene for the first time (im going to hide in the church apparently) i get booted to desk top ;( i have sent details in and posted on the bp forum. i really like the game so its frustrating but its a beta. lots of idiots seem to miss that point when talking on the chat channel.