PDA

View Full Version : Returning to this BEAUTY of a game.

reality
04-02-11, 15:28
HEY!

I was sitting at home after work thinking of a better way to kill time than my 360 and I remembered what an absoloutely amazing game Neocron was and wondered if I could rediscover how sick it actually was.

I used to play a long time ago on saturn and pluto..

Characters:
Syko - capped Lowtech PE with a cheeky 5 slot Libby,
NoBuNaGa - capped APU
Roast Beef - nearly capped tank
Diet Coke - nearly capped spy

Clans I remember? I used to roll in []D.[].[]v[].[]D for a while.. Also rolled in FF .. Also a really small clan called DeathDealers just for ganking etc

Also was in eXo a TT clan who never did anything much.

ANYWAY I doubt anyone remembers me as it was so long ago and I can't remember anyone else myself.. Except someone called Toastie (tank) and Anachronos (high tech PE) for some reason dunno why.

I was wondering if any decent clans with helpful people wanted to help me get set up again, I might start a new char if anyone fancies making a new toon with me. Will prob go PE again since they're decent on their own and have a bit of variety. An english clan would be preferable, and decent pvp'ers who are on the map would be a bonus but i'm not too bothered about that yet, want to learn the game again first.

Sorry for the essay xxxxxxxx

reality
04-02-11, 15:35
Also why do some of the forums not show any recent posts? I put this in Clan recruitment to start with and not only did it not show, it said the last post in there was 2009?

Sup wid dat sheeeee?

gamefreak
04-02-11, 16:11
Sorry to disappoint you, but the population is very low and PvP is very rare, and when you find it chances are high you ll just get butchered by shameless cheaters.

reality
04-02-11, 16:12
Sorry to disappoint you, but the population is very low and PvP is very rare, and when you find it chances are high you ll just get butchered by shameless cheaters.

Cheaters?

flib
04-02-11, 16:35
People who have unfair advantages by exploiting vulnerabilities in the software.

reality
04-02-11, 16:38
People who have unfair advantages by exploiting vulnerabilities in the software.

Yeah I meant how are they cheating not the definition, but thanks for that :lol:

If anyone reads this thread and is generally around 5pm onwards and is thinking of making a return with a new char, gimme a shout we could level together and hold hands etc. :lol:

I'm sure I could try and inject a bit of excitement into the game again, or is it totally not worth it ... ?

Trivaldi
04-02-11, 21:40
Welcome back to the Community :)

The Clan Recruitment forum has it's own set of special rules (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=142252) which restrict instant posting.

flib
05-02-11, 03:34
Yeah I meant how are they cheating not the definition, but thanks for that :lol: That was not the definition of cheating. The first part of my message was what cheating is and the second part was how they were doing so. I was trying to clear without being so blunt as to temper moderation, but I guess you didn't get it.
They use aimbots to automatically aim their reticle at your face so they don't have to, and modify client-side files to confuse their game into making them do more damage, take less damage, run faster, and autolock their reticle among other random things.

I hope you read this before it was censored.
Moderators: I apologize for this blatant infringement of the rules.

CMaster
05-02-11, 04:30
That was not the definition of cheating. The first part of my message was what cheating is and the second part was how they were doing so. I was trying to clear without being so blunt as to temper moderation, but I guess you didn't get it.
They use aimbots to automatically aim their reticle at your face so they don't have to, and modify client-side files to confuse their game into making them do more damage, take less damage, run faster, and autolock their reticle among other random things.

I hope you read this before it was censored.
Moderators: I apologize for this blatant infringement of the rules.

At least you didn't mention "elite"pvpers.de huh?

reality
06-02-11, 21:05
Bit dissapointed with the lack of response, was kind of hoping the community would be up for helping me get on my feet again... so many good memories on this game as well, its a shame.

Maybe I'll just go solo then, can anyone at least point me in the direction or help me out with optimal skill point setups for the classes? or a rough distribution would be helpful.

Biglines
07-02-11, 00:49
90% of the people on here don't actually play actively, and 90% of the people that play actively don't come on the forums.

reality
07-02-11, 01:12
so people in game might be a bit more helpful ?

gypsiMoth
07-02-11, 01:14
thought one of the afk ftozen stues moved a wee lil bit in Plaza 1 Yesterday
Thought perhpas alive person just fur a sec.....