PDA

View Full Version : Long green stick of fire

zii
20-01-11, 22:53
Does anyone know the HC cannon is that looks like a Creed, yet shoots a green laser. Its rather nasty :D

Brammers
20-01-11, 23:07
The Ravager - http://www.techhaven.org/db/showitem/1561.html Although it doesn't look like a Creed, it's shoot a nasty green beam. :D

RAB
21-01-11, 10:54
yeah its a 2 shot laser, much lower tl than the creed but most tanks will find they'll generally do more overall damage with it than the creed per second of firing!

CMaster
21-01-11, 14:13
Ravager isn't a laser, it's a Plasma Wave.
Traditionally higher damage but shorter range than the laser-beam cannon.

Of course, they all suffer from the bug with beam weapons in PvP.

zii
21-01-11, 15:00
Sammy was doing pretty well with it last night :D I wish he'd keep his beam between his legs :D

Morpheus
21-01-11, 15:31
Of course, they all suffer from the bug with beam weapons in PvP.
which would be?

zii
21-01-11, 15:33
Some of the shots that landed with my Creed did not register. I have not tried for some time.

MrTrip
21-01-11, 21:49
Some of the shots that landed with my Creed did not register. I have not tried for some time.

I can confirm this. Sometimes I hit 2 or 3 times that never registers. It used to register each time and boy did it kick some serious ass.

Biglines
21-01-11, 22:29
well SOME special people can hit with it...

MrTrip
22-01-11, 00:28
well SOME special people can hit with it...

Not even they can hit every single time. I had full reticle lock and unloaded a clip into a person. Every 3rd or so shot did zero damage, as if I missed completely. I was in their face almost.

[K1]Luke
22-01-11, 12:26
I've noticed that, although no damage is coming up, it's still doing damage to people. Last time I went into NeoFrag with AD I used a Rav, and it was tearing everyone up.

Biglines
22-01-11, 13:56
Luke']I've noticed that, although no damage is coming up, it's still doing damage to people. Last time I went into NeoFrag with AD I used a Rav, and it was tearing everyone up.
from what I hear, the famous "beam" bug is actually only a creed bug, ravager and special forces hit way more

CMaster
22-01-11, 14:57
Plasma Waves suffer from it seemingly less, yeah. In contrast, rayguns suffer from it almost constantly.
It seems to be effected by a few odd things as well - if people are still, the majority of shots register. If they move more, more of the hits don't actually do damage. The performance of the target matters to - I recall being in a fight with a laser cannon or rifle user once. I decide to record it with FRAPs, bringing my FPS down to 30, and he was doing pretty well. I stopped recording, my FPS bounced back up to 60 and suddenly he was barely doing any damage.

MrTrip
22-01-11, 15:53
Plasma Waves suffer from it seemingly less, yeah. In contrast, rayguns suffer from it almost constantly.
It seems to be effected by a few odd things as well - if people are still, the majority of shots register. If they move more, more of the hits don't actually do damage. The performance of the target matters to - I recall being in a fight with a laser cannon or rifle user once. I decide to record it with FRAPs, bringing my FPS down to 30, and he was doing pretty well. I stopped recording, my FPS bounced back up to 60 and suddenly he was barely doing any damage.

This is a reason I don't fraps anything in NC. I try to get the highest FPS possible. I always notice an increase in my damage & performance against people when I have higher FPS.