PDA

View Full Version : [EVENT]: Last Man Standing UCC* 4/2/2011@8pmGMT

RAB
19-01-11, 13:44
This is the Ultimate Combat Championship for all aspiring uber combatants!!
It will test all your resources and talents in various situations and locations, some more dangerous than others.

There will be risks! You cannot be UCC Champion without risking it all.

This is not a play it safe competition.

Time to put your money where your mouth is! Lets Lock and Load....

Rules:

1. Advance notice will be given as to DATE & TIME of event.
AT the time of the event the location and 'win zone' will be announced.

2. The event will run for a predefined period which will also be disclosed at event start time, plus a non disclosed small addition time (as decided by the ref) that will only be announced WHEN it expires and the competition is winnable - see rule 3.

3. There will only be LOCAL announcements after the event starts AT the event location.

4. In order to win you have to be the Last Man Standing (or woman :) ) AFTER both time periods have expired and as close to the CENTRE of the 'Win Zone' as possible.
Only 1 can win.

5. You may bring anything to the fight: Vehicles, PPUs, Teams! but to win see rule 4! i.e. you'll have to turn your gun on your team ultimately to win.

6. This is a combat competition so only combat characters CAN win. So no LE's or PPU's although you are very welcome to watch and participate etc.. See rule 5.

7. A win will be rewarded with a random prize and a point towards the UCC league for 'that' character. Not transferrable. The UCC Champion will also win a 'Special' prize. As well of course as the title of UCC Champion and the respect and recognition it deserves and demands. The league will consist of many events.

8. As always cheaters will be excluded. Anyone found cheating will also lose all league points and be excluded from any future prizes and competitions.
Play hard, nasty and remorseless but fair!

9. Drones don’t count as a presence, see rule 4, the character has to be in the win zone.

10. Being stealthed does not count as a presence, see rule 4, preference will be given to a non stealthed character at all times.

11. If there is a stalemate and the competition continues past a predefined period as decided by the ref the most active and suitable combatant will be declared the winner, with use of teams, PPU's and Stealth etc.. being frowned upon and proximity to the centre of the Win Zone being very preferable.

12. Shooting the ref wont earn you any favours! :p See rules 11 & 13 !!

13. The referee’s decision is final in all situations!

Biglines
19-01-11, 13:59
sounds great, just one point, how will you recognize cheaters? half the people in my clan get accused, but ive never even found the slightest shred of proof... how will that work with the event?

Dribble Joy
19-01-11, 14:05
5. You may bring anything to the fight: Vehicles, PPUs, Teams! but to win see rule 4! i.e. you'll have to turn your gun on your team ultimately to win.
There's one problem here. I can easily see a huge team turning up, kicking the snot out of everyone and then for all but one member to conveniently go 'afk' while the other guy kills them.

You can't completely get rid of people conspiring together, and it would be obvious if a group were to pull this, but I'm just pointing it out.

I may well turn up for this by the way, and probably be the first to drop :p.

RAB
19-01-11, 14:10
@Bigs: With the help of others not just myself of course obvious things like aimbots, etc.. will be looked for. Again only if proovable!!

@Dribble: If people want to do that then let them but they will only be kidding them self as only 1 can win and they will lose the respect.
If this generally get ruined by this type of play then we'll just stop the competition.

All this depends on everyone really, if everyone want to play nice then we can have fun, if people want to try and spoil it then we wont. Simple really.
I'm happy to give me time and efforts toward the nice option! :)
Worth a go!

[K1]Luke
19-01-11, 14:49
You could always get all serious participants to record the fight and then submit it to the league admins or GMs as proof that they didn't cheat, and keep a list of winners and just start from the top and check the video.

Failing that - because loads of time watching loads of videos, and the pure size of uneditted videos - you can get people to broadcast via Xfire and you have dedicated people watching these videos.

RAB
19-01-11, 14:53
What if they cant do that tho...
I know what you're saying but that will make it all too complicated.
The idea is to raise interest in the game and have some fun.
I'm putting faith in people to work towards the greater good en all. :)

Have to see how much interest there is and how it goes I guess.

Brammers
19-01-11, 15:41
Err slight confusion in the rules....

6. This is a combat competition so only combat characters CAN win. So no LE's or PPU's although you are very welcome to watch and participate etc.. See rule 5.

So can I have a PPU on the team or not?

TBH, I would not allow PPU's, since a combat char would have great difficulty killing a PPU in the final standoff, and a PPU wouldn't normally be able to kill a combat char. (Ok it's possible, but if that happens I would call it an #EpicFail)

Would like to come, but unfortunately already have plans on the 4 Feb. :(

P.S. Got your PM, will get something up on the THN later.

RAB
19-01-11, 17:32
To Clarify: You can bring anything i.e. a PPU to help you.. but the PPU cant win himself if you are defeated!
I would expect because of this people will bring their combat characters unless they only have PPUs.
Since it will also be a belt drop location - probably - the PPUs will then become targets and have a lot to lose if they drop something nice.

If you cant make it - shame :( - but there will be lots more so dont stress too much unless you're going for the title :D

flib
19-01-11, 19:04
This is a very cool idea! I just hope it can work out without assholes ruining it for everyone.
That won't happen in this game though, because pretty much everyone who plays this is an asshole.

Garfield
19-01-11, 19:21
This is a very cool idea! I just hope it can work out without assholes ruining it for everyone.
That won't happen in this game though, because pretty much everyone who plays this is an asshole.

its sad but thats just the truth. approximately 10 names poped up the second ive read about the new event wich are predestinated to ruin it.
most of them are banevaders tho

RAB
19-01-11, 22:48
We can only appeal to those to not spoil it for everyone else.

Faid
20-01-11, 02:50
We can only appeal to those to not spoil it for everyone else.
The primary goal for most of those people is to do exactly that. I wish you luck in your event though :)

RAB
20-01-11, 09:44
Cheers :)

Biglines
20-01-11, 13:34
maybe announce bounties for dogtags of people that are trying to spoil it (so everyone goes on the retards), the bounties being people that are allowed to be shot even if they are already out of the event (as in, killed already)

btw, ppu in ur team, are they allowed to rez, the rezzed person being still in the game?

RAB
20-01-11, 14:02
Good idea ! :)
On that note anyone wanting to donate money to the prize pool as well then pls contact me. Will be very much appreciated as well as the other donations.
Dont worry I'm trustworthy and it wont get used or spent on anything else!

Basically anything goes event!! So yes... unless i have said otherwise SPECIFICALLY in the rules.
Going for something other than the standard pvp in a square etc... type thing.

If things dont work out I'll refine the rules for the next one etc...

Garfield
20-01-11, 14:40
maybe announce bounties for dogtags of people that are trying to spoil it (so everyone goes on the retards), the bounties being people that are allowed to be shot even if they are already out of the event (as in, killed already)

dont u think that will just push them to act like they allways do? "hey thers an event, lets fuck it up!"

easy solution: ban Jini`s crowd and watch the other well known knuckleheads

Biglines
20-01-11, 15:37
hehe bans... ur funny ;) getting super GM support for daily events is more likely then getting someone banned who every single person in the game knows is a banevader...

RAB
28-01-11, 15:56
1 week to go! Hope you all got your strategies ready. Looking forward to it.
I'll announce location at event start as per rules.

RAB
01-02-11, 13:40
BIG thankyou to Garfield for his excellent donations to this and further events
and MSRessi for offering to supply something nice for the winner.

Any further donations always welcome and very much apprecaited. DM me and we can arrange to meet in game. I can look after them or you can tell me what you are prepared to donate and winners can be pointed at you etc.. however you like :)

The more prizes availible the more sub prizes etc.. will be given :)

Looking forward to seeing you all THIS Friday 8pm GMT (location announced at that time)

silent000
01-02-11, 15:20
12. Shooting the ref wont earn you any favours! :p See rules 11 & 13 !!

Chenoa will get very angry at me if I do that again! ;)

I will see what I can rummage up for a prize donation. Are Cave Spider trophies still rare? Meh i'll find something.

Brammers
01-02-11, 16:05

Yeah, never a good idea to shoot the ref. :p

I will see what I can rummage up for a prize donation. Are Cave Spider trophies still rare? Meh i'll find something.
Still rare as hell.

P.S. Please get plenty of screenshots of the event!

RAB
01-02-11, 19:14

I'm the ref so thats ok! :p lol

Got lots of events planned so anything even half decent you have spare appreciated. All good fun.

Garfield
01-02-11, 21:47
uh go ahead do it again. will pay whatver u ask for her dogtag :cool:

gonna try and bring a droner to capture the event but iam afraid either the GMs will warp her to the black metal or someone PK her whilst iam fighting on the other screen....

Biglines
02-02-11, 00:29
Still rare as hell.
Really? I got 3 handed to me for free from various players...

flib
02-02-11, 07:01
Probably because they are easy to.. well I'm now allowed to say, but it rhymes with pooplicate.

RAB
02-02-11, 12:47
On the subject of donations:..
Can everyone who is willing to donate to the prize pool please send me an email with a list. That way i can manage a consistent level of prizes across the events rather than the best prizes go in the first so many events etc...
Thankyou

RAB
03-02-11, 12:51
Tomorrow people. Pls spread the word.

Thanks

flib
04-02-11, 12:36
Is there gonna be someone there to film the event? If not, I'll see if I can setup to do so.

Garfield
04-02-11, 12:55
ill try it but DONT count on me nor my cameraman skillz

RAB
04-02-11, 14:10
inc Garfield one other has already offered to do so.

Hope some people turn up to fight as well !!! :/

dodgefahrer
04-02-11, 15:01
I offered my assistance for filming.

Hmm think i need to make some space before it starts^^.

flib
04-02-11, 16:34
In that case I will participate if I'm still awake. :)

zii
04-02-11, 22:06
& this is where? Its just gone eight in GMT-land

gamefreak
06-02-11, 16:10
Who won, where're the videos?

zii
06-02-11, 22:43
Kauna (tank) got a nice hc woc3 pa.
Someone else got a woc1 pa.
Was fun.

Garfield
07-02-11, 02:40
>Keanu it was. no clue if someone frapsed it. wasnt the offical event. CST-Prash was so nice and hosted it after we got told RAB cant make it.

dodgefahrer
07-02-11, 09:53
Yeah Prash was roaming around medi before the event started and told me he will fraps everything.
I felt aslepp thats why i wasnt there to fraps :P

Garfield
07-02-11, 13:55
i didnt neither. btw i must say i was surprised everthing went so well at tha tlil skirmesh and nobody tried to fuck it up or spoil the fun with sandwiches

Supernorbi
07-02-11, 15:37
Kauna (tank) got a nice hc woc3 pa.
Someone else got a woc1 pa.
Was fun.

It was not a Woc1 the runner win a a GM spawned 5 Slot Disruptor in the second round.

Videoupload first round in progress...

Supernorbi
07-02-11, 18:07
some minutes of the first fight but not in /set ctrl_renderhud 0 mode.
I have to write and trade...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmViNT8Ng24 in 720p without my Teamspeak Sound :-)

Linear
14-02-11, 18:01
oh noes u frapsed me dead! :lol:

that was funny. not too much ppl, but still funny. what about RAB's event?

RAB
04-03-11, 12:24
Hi people,

I am really really and sincerly sorry for missing MY event! :(

All went t1ts up at once sadly about an hour before it was due to start.
PC died - long story short it was power supply.
Took me a while to get it sorted delayed by the fact that my wife isn't well - generally - and was going through a bad phase and of course that takes priority! Sure you understand that.

Glad someone took the initiative and covered for me - THANK YOU for that.
Hope it went well.

My mrs is still pretty poorly so my attention is else where at the mo still by the ruddy PC is up n running again so I take up the reins as soon as I am able.

Sorry again people.
Take care and hope you are all well.

Rich

Biglines
04-03-11, 13:15
Hi people,

I am really really and sincerly sorry for missing MY event! :(

All went t1ts up at once sadly about an hour before it was due to start.
PC died - long story short it was power supply.
Took me a while to get it sorted delayed by the fact that my wife isn't well - generally - and was going through a bad phase and of course that takes priority! Sure you understand that.

Glad someone took the initiative and covered for me - THANK YOU for that.
Hope it went well.

My mrs is still pretty poorly so my attention is else where at the mo still by the ruddy PC is up n running again so I take up the reins as soon as I am able.

Sorry again people.
Take care and hope you are all well.

Rich
damn, that sucks, wish your missus well, and for you to be able to get some enjoyment ;)

RAB
07-03-11, 15:16
thankyou mate

flib
08-03-11, 06:43
All the best to you man.

RAB
08-03-11, 11:23
cheers :)

I'll get back on the ball shortly and get these events going again. :)

RAB
08-03-11, 21:10
I'm interested as to how the event actually went. Were my rules followed and if so how did it work out?
Any constructive ideas or suggestions?
What worked / didnt?? Etc...

Thanks

Oh yeah and who were the winners character names and i'll get the league table started?

Doc Holliday
09-03-11, 14:57
8| jini still plays? jesus. im in shock. no actually. im not :)

William Antrim
09-03-11, 20:02
He will be here till the server shuts down and he is the only one who is still logging on. At that point he will have acheived his goal of being the best pvper on the server. :rolleyes: O_o

Flashlite
09-03-11, 21:12
trade skiller jini still trying to be a good pvper?

RAB
11-03-11, 18:07
I'm interested as to how the event actually went. Were my rules followed and if so how did it work out?
Any constructive ideas or suggestions?
What worked / didnt?? Etc...

Thanks

Oh yeah and who were the winners character names and i'll get the league table started?

Anyone?