PDA

View Full Version : [Event] List for 2011

RAB
16-01-11, 13:30
Ok sorry not been around too much, wife has been v ill. :(

Got your DM msressi - all good :) Thx

Been thinking and have come up with a few ideas/plans for events for the coming months...

[Capture the Theif]
As was except this time will 'just' hide and give clues to last known location.

[Last man standing]
Will announce location (something fun and different and often will other possible dangers such as regents boss room, MB bunker, OZ station etc...) and start time of event and basically the last man standing within the defined event area after predefined+random short time has expired wins!

[Treasure hunt]
Clue 1 leads to clue 2 to clue 2... etc... sends you all over the map, again often very dangerious locations ultimatelly pointing you at a certain object. First to DM me with that object wins ! 1 guess each (you'll know if it's right)
Make people register this forum if not already !! :)

[Races]
Still working on complications re this

[PVP]
Garfield I believe has plans for some fun stuff.

[Others]
?? Open for suggestions...

Got most of the above fleshed out, most can be repeated over and over.
Thinking about creating a league table and maybe the over all winner winning something special like WOC3 PA!?

More announcements to follow.

@Brammers : Would apprecaite if you can keep THN updated. Thx dude.

Got some great support and some offers of top notch prizes ranging from Regents Trophys, PAs, Ionic Weapons, MC5 and other Rare chips, 5 slot rare weapons etc.. and even WOC3 GM spawn only PAs !! :)

Most important of all is your participation!

Rich

flib
16-01-11, 17:51
This sounds great; I'm really looking forward to this year's events!

[K1]Luke
16-01-11, 22:19
Events look great, would be good if you can get a lot of GM support for them, things would be so much awesome if they were around to help change things, spawn objects and mobs etc :)

RAB
17-01-11, 11:15
Believe me i have tried. No offers of help thus far tho.. :( but yes i agree!

msressi
17-01-11, 12:30
Thanks RAB, I posted it on our forum and believe Brammers will post it on the THN sometime today.

I will get back to u after I research what we discussed in the mail. :angel:

regards

Brammers
17-01-11, 13:07
@Brammers : Would apprecaite if you can keep THN updated. Thx dude.

Sure...At this stage are you just looking for peeps to come to this thread? I'll get something up this evening.

Faid
17-01-11, 17:21
Believe me i have tried. No offers of help thus far tho.. :( but yes i agree!
lol maybe you should try having this on Mars...

RAB
17-01-11, 17:42
Sure...At this stage are you just looking for peeps to come to this thread? I'll get something up this evening.

Yes. General advance awareness en all !! :)

@Faid : Out of interest is there any reason why with server pops as they are that the servers arent merged ?? Surely that would be better for them too to have less hardware to worry about/support ??

Biglines
17-01-11, 18:58
Yes. General advance awareness en all !! :)

@Faid : Out of interest is there any reason why with server pops as they are that the servers arent merged ?? Surely that would be better for them too to have less hardware to worry about/support ??
cuz of the 4 slot vs 1 slot difference, people wanting to have all their chars (can be a total of 9 chars now, what to do with the other 5?) and hell, KK probably doesn't even know anymore how.

[K1]Luke
17-01-11, 20:25
I'm sorry but I think it's pretty silly having GM support on a server that gets no more than 1% pop, when Terra gets no GM support at all, and recently when logging in I have found that the Terra pop is around 5-7%.

flib
18-01-11, 00:49
They say it would be infeasible for them to merge servers.

dodgefahrer
18-01-11, 20:36
Right merging servers isnt a option at all (not possible as KK says).

Anyways a lil more support from the GM team would be very appreciated on terra too i think.

Usually Terra is 5-7% in the evening whilest Mars is constant on 0% (thats the reason most Mars ppl created chars on terra lately^^).

But im sure if u ask Chenoa friendly shes prolly willing to help on terra too.

Anyways thumbs up for the upcoming events.

RAB
19-01-11, 11:18
I've sent emails but if any GM reading this can help the please yell !! :) would be appreciated by all. Even if its just a few spawns etc.. I have a story line that would work around just that.
Thanks
Rich

RAB
19-01-11, 14:02
Have announced the first event of 2011, and hope to run one every 1 or 2 weeks from then on !? RL allowing :)

I have also created the UCC League which I'll maintain and keep you all informed of. Other events with a combat element may also contribute towards this league. Hopefully we'll have something really nice like a WOC3 PA for the winner of this league, maybe with a few other goodies, which I hope we can run most of this year!??

Obviously as before contributions to the Prize pool very much appreciated.

Be GREAT if a GM could produce a specifically named trophy !!!???? :D