PDA

View Full Version : Did they ever tone down the overspecialization?

KRIMINAL99
05-01-11, 01:37
Did they ever tone down the overspecialization so you could get into the game without constant need of services from other players?

I mean yeah the games old, but games like rune scape with worse graphics have millions of players still... This game should still be booming...

MrTrip
05-01-11, 04:40
Short answer: no.

Long answer: nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

But in all honesty, you do need services from other players. And good luck getting those services, hell I don't even think Ressi touches Terra anymore.

RAB
05-01-11, 12:01
but if we could all cap the best rare, poke and hack then what fun would it be and we wouldn't need to co-operate with each other!?

i've not had a problem getting anything built or poked etc.

KRIMINAL99
05-01-11, 13:05
You still have to level up all those skills, and find the rares and pretty much everything that makes the game fun already... For that matter what does forced cooperation have to do with fun?

I never really understood why games force people to specialize. I mean require time to level up in each specialty sure, but why limit any one player to only leveling up in one specialty? Runescape for example lets you do everything, it has worse graphics than neocron, way less cool combat, and it has millions of players.

It also had full pvp drops etc (they changed it to where the other guy doesn't get your stuff even though you still lose it to combat gold farming) in the "wilderness". Specialization still happens anyways, but if you want to learn a new skill and support yourself you always can.

If the only fun in Neocron is as a social club for you, that's great but its a video game. Leveling through it and gaining wealth would be a lot of fun for a lot of new players and it doesn't matter that its dated - it matters that it is inaccessible.

I have friends in real life, I don't need to beg people for pokes in a video game to have social interaction. If I play a video game its so I can level up to the point where I can fly over the city in my underpants and smite horrible monsters with lasers from my eyes.

msressi
05-01-11, 13:17
well Ressi is still on Terra, just most of u don't realize it when I am on :angel:

flib
05-01-11, 16:45
It sounds like you don't like the things that are the point of an MMO. Perhaps you would prefer something more like Modern Warfare, where you just aim and shoot?
This is a role playing game after all. If you have no interest in playing that type of game, then why are you here?

Garfield
05-01-11, 16:53
i agree with Flib and its mostly not a problem to get any kind of tradeskillers. well most of the time its a matter of how u ask for them.

Biglines
05-01-11, 18:57
tbh, the only tradeskiller you need on a regular basis is a poker, and there's loads of those, never had to wait longer than 10 minutes.

contructor, I have one myself, but haven't logged him more than twice in the last year.

the only people who regularly need tradeskillers are new people, and we don't have those anymore :p and tbh, every time i log for a nib, I just build a shitload of weapons so he can level most of the way.