PDA

View Full Version : @neocron.org you say?!

MrTrip
29-12-10, 06:05
Yes folks, email addresses @neocron.org are available.

Obviously, you cannot have any email that ReaKKtor is using for @neocron.com, and no, you cannot have anything like admin accounting accounts or anything like that.

Also, its just a forwarder.

So heres the rules....

You post

MrTrip:myemail+domain.com

Your forwarder would be...

MrTrip@neocron.org -> myemail@domain.com

Simple enough eh?

When I add them, I will post an update.

If KK has any issues or wants me to prevent any emails from being used please drop me a PM.

Also, lets try to keep these as close to RP emails as possible, for example, give people your @neocron.org email address to contact you outside of game for in game matters etc. Don't just be a douche and get an email for a disposable forwarder.

aKe`cj
29-12-10, 15:11
neat... but why? what for? outgame communication fits perfectly in the forums (be it public or via pm) and with nc3 we will have outgame access to all ingame communication streams anyway.... citycom.neocron.com :p

MrTrip
29-12-10, 19:41
neat... but why? what for? outgame communication fits perfectly in the forums (be it public or via pm) and with nc3 we will have outgame access to all ingame communication streams anyway.... citycom.neocron.com :p

For anything? Heck even advertisement of the game.

Oh whats this? neocron? Oh what an amazing game! I must play it!!

^^^^^^^^^^ That really happened ^^^^^^^^^^ :P

flib
02-01-11, 01:46
I'd like one if you don't mind. :)
flib@neocron.org -> iamflib@gmail.com

MrTrip
02-01-11, 01:52
I'd like one if you don't mind. :)
flib@neocron.org -> iamflib@gmail.com

Added

Neallys
02-01-11, 16:46
Me too! <3
neally@neocron.org > eallys@gmail.com

flib
02-01-11, 17:52
Thanks! :)

MrTrip
02-01-11, 22:38
Me too! <3
neally@neocron.org > eallys@gmail.com

Added.

Heavyporker
02-01-11, 23:46
Hm. Actually, this does sound pretty cool.

You think maybe KK could do something where ingame messages could go out through that forwarder address?

It'd be beyond wicked awesome if one could also email INTO the game.

just to start things off...

heavyporker@neocron.com ---> heavyporker@yahoo.com

MrTrip
03-01-11, 01:39

heavyporker@neocron.com ---> heavyporker@yahoo.com

Added.

And yes, it would be freaking amazing. I'd make damn sure to keep things going if they ever allowed that.

I'm sure it would have to forward to a new address though, like acctname.82323213@term.neocron.com <- number being like your character ID or something.

zii
03-01-11, 12:23
zii@neocron.org -> zii@neocron.org please

( Yes, I know I am annoying. )

flib
03-01-11, 15:41
Is there a way to make it so when I can send a message from that address?

daughterolilith
03-01-11, 19:12
i was going to say you should register the domain with http://apps.google.com/ and then people can use @neocron.org like a gmail account so that you could send email from it as well like a normal email, but then I remembered free version of google apps is limited to 50 users :(

MrTrip
03-01-11, 21:30
Is there a way to make it so when I can send a message from that address?

Just make it your replyto address, I believe it will appear as FROM on many clients.

i was going to say you should register the domain with http://apps.google.com/ and then people can use @neocron.org like a gmail account so that you could send email from it as well like a normal email, but then I remembered free version of google apps is limited to 50 users :(

The thought had crossed my mind but then yes there is a limit of users.

zii
03-01-11, 23:11
If the SMTP server you use allows relaying, then you can set it in the From field, or use the Reply-To field if you wish.

Your email server will likely allow you to relay if you authenticate with to it. I think you should likely discount the free server such as gmail yahoo etc.

flib
04-01-11, 18:16
Can the basic package have the amount of accounts increased without having to upgrade to pro?

MrTrip
05-01-11, 04:39
Can the basic package have the amount of accounts increased without having to upgrade to pro?

Rarely. I know a few others that managed to get this done, but I don't know if we could.

Suppose I could try?

flib
05-01-11, 06:18
Do you think you would need more than 50?

MrTrip
05-01-11, 12:13
Do you think you would need more than 50?

If the game picked up steam yeah

flib
05-01-11, 16:39
Good point. Well, I don't mind just having it as a forwarder like it is. :)