PDA

View Full Version : Spy: Levelling STR

zii
10-12-10, 11:59
I think the strength of spies cap at 40. My baby has 27.
This baby has everything else capped, and WOC1, yet STR is not even gaining a digit. Currently el spy is a rigger.

What is the quickest method to gain STR on a spy? Levelling for days in Regents did not even give a level. 50 easy faction recycling missions gave one level from 26 to 27. Oh, the pain ;P

Does anyone have any useful advice. Useless advise would be entertained, on the condition that it is mildly entertaining.

Z.

PS. I suspect that CON ought to be capped. I am sure those Copbots can help me out.

PPS. Perhaps I could spec force, cast shields, and stand in front of a mob that does force damage - Should gain CON and STR: Great fun on a Friday night O_o

CMaster
10-12-10, 12:04
Switch to rifles.
Run TL150 Res missions (still slow)
Do some CSTing. (also really slow)
Do vehicle repairs.
Do vehicle gunning (if there i s anything a spy can still gun).

Droning is indeed the fastest way to raise Int and Dex - but it only raises those stats. Part of the price you pay.

zii
10-12-10, 12:08
Ahh. Will the Spy gain STR from rifles. I though that this would provide DEX.
The spy could gun and drive a Terminator Quad bike.

> Do some CSTing. (also really slow)
> Do vehicle repairs.
No, CSTing would bore me, but suppose I could rep some troop carriers.

Neallys
10-12-10, 12:14
Or you could go with the most efficient way.
Go full H-C (skill & implants) and cap it within a hour.

Idea: Enter the bossroom of Regant, pull the first mob away, zone, come back, kill the nightmare with an energy drone (spec some fire on your spy and set yourself up with full Kevlar), and then use your grenade launcher with all the nades you got then kill them with an AoE drone and then keep repeating (do a recycle run if you need and just stock some nades in the boxes)

zii
10-12-10, 12:18
Yeah! Façile et chouette. Je fait ça le soir.

Bav, z.

RAB
10-12-10, 12:46
Switch to rifles.

Def the quickest way !! Been there done it.

CMaster
10-12-10, 16:41
Ahh. Will the Spy gain STR from rifles. I though that this would provide DEX.
The spy could gun and drive a Terminator Quad bike.

Rifle provide mostly dex, but also int and str.
HC provides mostly Str, but also dex and int.
Only one I'm not so sure on is pistols, having never really used them. Do pistols also give str? Anyone?

But yes, for just Str alone, going HC and either working on normal mobs, or going on a vehicle killing spree would seem appropriate. Shame VHC guns got nerfed so hard in 2.2 (seriously, it isn't like anyone complained they were overpowered before, did they?)

Faid
10-12-10, 17:25
Repping vehicles with the minimum amount of rep works quite well and goes quite fast - easy

zii
14-12-10, 22:59
Took an RayOfGod out & went firemobbing for about 2 hours. STR capped. It was very easy.

LiL T
14-12-10, 23:08
This is also one of those game features I hate... You have to actually lom your skills into something else just to raise a certain stat, how dumb...

Biglines
14-12-10, 23:11
This is also one of those game features I hate... You have to actually lom your skills into something else just to raise a certain stat, how dumb...
if you read it, strength actually levels fine from rifles, it's just powerleveling that makes you need to level through lomming :p

LiL T
14-12-10, 23:45
if you read it, strength actually levels fine from rifles, it's just powerleveling that makes you need to level through lomming :p

What about pistols?

I still think its dumb that a droner has to lom in order to lvl str...

Biglines
15-12-10, 00:38
What about pistols?

I still think its dumb that a droner has to lom in order to lvl str...
depends, what possible use does a droner have for strength apart from some transport? remember you're supposed to be doing missions too, and they give enough str to have enough transport to carry around ordinary amounts of drones