PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone play...I'm still waiting for patch...

Model192
04-12-10, 19:34
Does anyone still play? What %? :P

RAB
04-12-10, 19:49
yup, trying to play more in fact...

Strife
04-12-10, 20:19
Waiting for anti-cheat patch.

zii
04-12-10, 20:41
Why not log onto the server and have a look?

Right now, on a Saturday night at about half 7, its around 3 or 4%. Peak times between 5 & 6 % or more. This amounts to a reasonable amount of OP warring and general playfulness ;)

/edit: TERRA = 4% as I write. There you go.

Garfield
05-12-10, 07:07

next patch will give us a pre-order button for nc3 at the launcher....

MrTrip
06-12-10, 08:13
*sigh* I don't know....I don't really find anything fun to do anymore.

Log PPU.....nobody to play with...

Log Tank....get ass kicked by hacker...no rez :\

Log any other damn character to level up....insta die from mobs. Zero support, no pokes, nobody to cst, nobody to do anything unless you KNOW somebody and ingame mail them, or catch somebody online at some odd hour.

The problem of the game is lack of population, but nobody wants to play because there is no population.... o_O

http://imgur.com/kktbQ.jpg

derretimos
06-12-10, 10:12
no one wants to play because the game is shit. when there is a population, over half of them are shady fucks who are probably hacking. this game is cancer incarnate.

MrTrip
06-12-10, 11:26
no one wants to play because the game is shit. when there is a population, over half of them are shady fucks who are probably hacking. this game is cancer incarnate.

You seem frustrated in this post....

I recently had a little NC flashback... it started when I was washing my hands at work, I remembered playing NC1 being outside the city gates.

I would go there, but I'm afraid to FRE and lose my items.......
[edited]

Flashlite
06-12-10, 11:52
[ edited ]

[K1]Luke
06-12-10, 14:54
IBTDIFFNH - In before thread derails into flame fest naming hackers.

The game is good but only if you have people to play with, I log in and at the best of times see two other AD members playing. I don't go to P2 unless it's on my PPU since most hackers will kill my fully capped tank in 3 seconds and hack his belt in another 4.

OP fighting isn't an option right now for me, I'm AD til the end and this is the third hibernation period we are going through since I joined.

Things for everyone to do:
- Level alts
- Farm fire mobs for techs in CRP
- Grind WoC discs for later use
- Grind experience for WoC 3
- Hunt the NCPD list and hope the red's aren't just in P1, abusing the system so cop bots kill afk players. (By the way, Barely does this all the time and I'm positive it's against some sort of rule KK has implemented, afterall if we can get banned for pushing people into combat zones while they are afk, surely getting copbots to kill them so you can hack their belt is too?)

Actually, back on the topic of Barely, why the fuck isn't he banned yet? He's been banned so many times, is a known cheater and yet here he is, larger than life being a prick to what's left of our community.

Biglines
06-12-10, 17:00
when's the last time you've seen an active GM? :S

[K1]Luke
07-12-10, 12:18
I thought you were a GM Big...? I mean, you told me you were so I gave you my WoC 3 armour when you said you will upgrade it to WoC 5 platinum PA... DID YOU LIE TO ME?

derretimos
07-12-10, 12:25
You seem frustrated in this post....

I recently had a little NC flashback... it started when I was washing my hands at work, I remembered playing NC1 being outside the city gates.

I would go there, but I'm afraid to FRE and lose my items.......
[edited]

did you just now learn about internet memes?

gtfo

MrTrip
07-12-10, 13:15
did you just now learn about internet memes?

gtfo

Nah, but I was extremely bored.

I'M SORRY MR. INTERNET KING. You're right, I'll gtfo, and I won't come back.

Garfield
07-12-10, 13:45
I'M SORRY MR. INTERNET KING. You're right, I'll gtfo, and I won't come back.

:( am afraid the current forum posters behavior is just a mirror of NC`s player.

No GMs Devs nor Mods, NC and its forum is out of control, Party on Wayne !

Biglines
07-12-10, 18:23
Luke']I thought you were a GM Big...? I mean, you told me you were so I gave you my WoC 3 armour when you said you will upgrade it to WoC 5 platinum PA... DID YOU LIE TO ME?
I didn't lie, I made you happy!

flib
07-12-10, 18:25
I move that we take all serious discussion to the TechHaven Network forums until such time that the moderators of this fine board return from their period of hiatus.

All in favor?

MrTrip
07-12-10, 21:06
:( am afraid the current forum posters behavior is just a mirror of NC`s player.

No GMs Devs nor Mods, NC and its forum is out of control, Party on Wayne !

I jumped in game, offered up a free mil to anybody who showed up....nobody came :(

silent000
08-12-10, 16:44
I jumped in game, offered up a free mil to anybody who showed up....nobody came :(

The tiny violin starts to play ;)

Nidhogg
08-12-10, 18:26
Interesting post that is relevant:

http://blackprophecy.gamigo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7848

Garfield
08-12-10, 18:55
ye for sure thats nice but still no news about an NC patch nor an "create new acc`s" situation fix...

btw is it to much to ask the GM team to log on NC once a week and check whats going on. guess the volunteer GMs are gone and just KK staff is left wich is busy with BP

Transformer
08-12-10, 19:05
Well, regardless of what's getting in the way of the GM's being able to log on, I think both KK and community can agree we need more support. KK should seriously consider a volunteer GM program. Of course this should not be available for anyone to use, and should have a thorough background investigation into account/forum activity, detailed questionnaires, written letter explaining why you would be fit for the job, how you would do it, and why KK should select you, etc.

I realize this idea has been thrown around for some time, but it's time to start really doing something about it. Its a win/win situation it will just take a little bit of KK times to process the applicants.

Setlec
08-12-10, 20:10
well the GMs are quite active on the BP forums... i think that we NC players must be selected to be GMs while no official KK_GMs are available... Since i'm waiting for a idiopathic patch [ edited ].... i would rather see new community GM than nothing happening (like a patch going live).

[K1]Luke
08-12-10, 21:12
My BP forum account 'Banks' for some reason has no permission to do... anything at all. Anyone of you GM's able to fix it for me?

Setlec
09-12-10, 02:21
Luke']My BP forum account 'Banks' for some reason has no permission to do... anything at all. Anyone of you GM's able to fix it for me?
same here i don't care honestly...

Flashlite
09-12-10, 06:14
we should post problems on BP forums about NC. we will get quicker answers

Faid
09-12-10, 18:21
we should post problems on BP forums about NC. we will get quicker answers
quicker ban-hammered is more like it lol

nabbl
09-12-10, 18:28
Luke']My BP forum account 'Banks' for some reason has no permission to do... anything at all. Anyone of you GM's able to fix it for me?

You have to connect it to your gamigo account. Quite simple.

[K1]Luke
09-12-10, 21:31
Indeed it is very simple, but I have done that and I am still experiencing problems. Nevermind anyway ^^

dodgefahrer
10-12-10, 16:24
Let me copy u the second answer of Kirk:

By Kirk Lenke:

Hi guys,

I hear you loud and clear. And I do know that the NC community is waiting for the fixed patch. The patch itself went well and stable while we have tested it inhouse but due to some circumstances it messed the servers up - but you know that.
We still have it on the agenda! (!!!) But right now we want this Baby to fly properly and give the people lot of fun.

Neocron is still in our minds and we have decent plans in regard of an NC3 - and be sure that I will do everything to get these plans real... I would like to start with it soon and we are already in negotiations.

Another thing would be to make at least some money with our current NC2 because this money would go directly to NC3 developement BUT before we take some (small and I mean a small amount) money it is mandatory to get some things fixed in your interests.

I will keep you posted as soon as find more time.

Please also forward this to the NC Comm if you like.

Take care and keep rockin'

Kirk
http://blackprophecy.gamigo.com/forum/images/bp/buttons/quote.gif (http://blackprophecy.gamigo.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=88719)

MrTrip
10-12-10, 17:07
O hai NC3?

Well thats all fine and dandy but please finish this list first....

Allow new account creation with some type of verification to prevent the ability to re-register a banned account (Example: CC verification, banned account? ban all accounts tied to that CC, do not allow that CC to register again)
Hire a GM staff from the folks at the forums right now, seriously, who knows the game better than us now? We have all been around so long, most of us since NC1.
Fuck it, reset the economy. Not so much by wiping everybody out, but just dump the rare parts everybody has and force them to hunt for them again. During the time where mobs dropped 1-3 techs per kill the economy went into a shitter and money meant nothing. Give money a value again.

Thank you. <3

Biglines
10-12-10, 17:19
more than a year ago, he posted pretty much the same thing, with a promise that it would be done within 3 months, no offense, but it's hard to believe someone who does not keep his promises and doesn't even bother to communicate about not keeping those promises

Faid
10-12-10, 17:22
By Kirk Lenke:

Hi guys,

I hear you loud and clear. And I do know that the NC community is waiting for the fixed patch. The patch itself went well and stable while we have tested it inhouse but due to some circumstances it messed the servers up - but you know that.
We still have it on the agenda! (!!!) But right now we want this Baby to fly properly and give the people lot of fun.

Neocron is still in our minds and we have decent plans in regard of an NC3 - and be sure that I will do everything to get these plans real... I would like to start with it soon and we are already in negotiations.

Another thing would be to make at least some money with our current NC2 because this money would go directly to NC3 developement BUT before we take some (small and I mean a small amount) money it is mandatory to get some things fixed in your interests.

I will keep you posted as soon as find more time.

Please also forward this to the NC Comm if you like.

Kirk

I lol'd
He can't even post this himself on the NC forums, he must really care... :rolleyes:

Biglines
10-12-10, 17:23
Hire a GM staff from the folks at the forums right now, seriously, who knows the game better than us now? We have all been around so long, most of us since NC1.
Fuck it, reset the economy. Not so much by wiping everybody out, but just dump the rare parts everybody has and force them to hunt for them again. During the time where mobs dropped 1-3 techs per kill the economy went into a shitter and money meant nothing. Give money a value again.

Both bad ideas imho.

The current non-cheating players don't know anything about cheats, hell even I get accused sometimes. We do need a proper gm staff tho that knows something about the game, and especially knows the players, since banevading has become something of a status symbol atm...

and removing all rare parts would fuck up every single person's stash, and make all the constructors fucked up. it's so easy to gain money or trade, farming techs is just the new currency, its not like its difficult to farm techs, i get 10-30 an hour.

Nidhogg
11-12-10, 01:02
I lol'd
He can't even post this himself on the NC forums, he must really care... :rolleyes:
Trust you to ignore the spirit of message and just go straight in for the kill. Kirk was responding to a direct question asked of him in the Black Prophecy forums, so that's where he replied.

While we're at it, here's another one.

Actually we (Reakktor) never have planned to release NC2 as "Neocron 2" it was a decision made by 10tacle back then. Another of their bad ideas tbh.

So: it will be a new Neocron a real Neocron "3".

Kirk

Faid
11-12-10, 03:15
Trust you to ignore the spirit of message and just go straight in for the kill. Kirk was responding to a direct question asked of him in the Black Prophecy forums, so that's where he replied.

That was my whole point Nid, he replies to direct questions asked in the BP forums but there's next to no response in these forums, I wonder why that is? Plenty of people have been asking plenty of direct questions over the last couple of months (years even) only to be met with absolute silence. You can paint me in a bad light all you want but my point is still something worth thinking about.

Biglines
11-12-10, 04:00
That was my whole point Nid, he replies to direct questions asked in the BP forums but there's next to no response in these forums, I wonder why that is? Plenty of people have been asking plenty of direct questions over the last couple of months (years even) only to be met with absolute silence. You can paint me in a bad light all you want but my point is still something worth thinking about.
BP they can make money on, NC not so much, hell, new people to BP probably are still gullible enough to be convinced KK will actually keep listening to them

obvious really, just wish they were honest about it though instead of just ignoring us.

Faid
11-12-10, 04:50
obvious really, just wish they were honest about it though instead of just ignoring us.
This is how I feel and I'm sorry if my frustration bleeds through in my posts but it's just really sad.

Setlec
11-12-10, 05:16

While we're at it, here's another one.

Nidhogg while you are somewhat active in those lonely forums tell them to make this "new Neocron a real Neocron "3"" to work on various platforms... it would good for KK...

Neallys
11-12-10, 12:08
I just guess that the NC community would rather like Reakktor to consider Neocron as a working future project rather than a "Fun game we used to play back in the days". Of course BP might be a good game, but the frustration comes from the fact that Reakktor doesn't realize they are holding one of the best MMOs there is to experiment out there.

Nidhogg
11-12-10, 15:33
Nidhogg while you are somewhat active in those lonely forums tell them to make this "new Neocron a real Neocron "3"" to work on various platforms... it would good for KK...
I don't know about "various platforms", but any new Neocron will be brand new, written from the ground up using modern tech.

Biglines
11-12-10, 17:26
and as usual any relevant question is completely ignored

flib
11-12-10, 19:57
I imagine that, as the CEO of Reakktor, Herr Lenke must be pretty busy; looking at it from his viewpoint, he probably can only really afford to put his time into the forums of their new, soon-to-be-released game.

Biglines
11-12-10, 20:03
I imagine that, as the CEO of Reakktor, Herr Lenke must be pretty busy; looking at it from his viewpoint, he probably can only really afford to put his time into the forums of their new, soon-to-be-released game.
"hey you, unpaid intern, post on the forums that there are some issues, and that we're working on it" - ye that takes ages to do

-2XS-
11-12-10, 23:50
and what would that change?

we experienced the last... years? that KK puts no or little effort into NC, so he wouldn't tell us anything new.

and can they be blamed for it?
any damn company would simply shut the game down and that's it.. no troubles with us forum/ingame corpses and an expense less to worry about.

I wouldn't pay a dime for NC in the current status but they let us play for free and even with the daily lag, server crashes, "tool" using fellow players it's nice to play whenever you want to... well except the server hamster runs out on uppers.

So here and now I take over the task and announce:

"We know the issues, we have to set priorities but we love you dearest neocrack addicts and therefore the servers are up but the support is reduced to a minimum"
We love and hate KK, they couldn't announce anything without us addicts moan/cheer/puke about it the same time. An announcement "there will be no changes anytime soon" would indeed make us feel less neglected...

MrTrip
12-12-10, 15:58
and what would that change?

we experienced the last... years? that KK puts no or little effort into NC, so he wouldn't tell us anything new.

and can they be blamed for it?
any damn company would simply shut the game down and that's it.. no troubles with us forum/ingame corpses and an expense less to worry about.

I wouldn't pay a dime for NC in the current status but they let us play for free and even with the daily lag, server crashes, "tool" using fellow players it's nice to play whenever you want to... well except the server hamster runs out on uppers.

So here and now I take over the task and announce:

We love and hate KK, they couldn't announce anything without us addicts moan/cheer/puke about it the same time. An announcement "there will be no changes anytime soon" would indeed make us feel less neglected...

I see where KK is coming from with all this actually... I have a web hosting company, it was actually a post to host free hosting company, we made money through advertisements on the forum. When things slowed down and I started to have to spend out of pocket I thought about shutting it all down, instead I went and did other things. I sold off most of the server to a few big paid hosting accounts, then I worked the local area to build servers etc until I had enough money flowing in to resume the free hosting service without it impacting my personal money. It took a year but things are back on track now. I understand KK needing to get BP going and successful before having the resources and money to fix NC.

One thing I suggest to KK is lighten up on the rules some for the time being (for their staff, good lord not the players), such as, have GMs show themselves in NC, more gank a GM events, more horse play from everybody to lighten the mood in game. Its really lonely right now, a few random crazy fun spawns in some random sectors would be lots of fun, maybe a GM joining in the fights in P2 or starting a fight somewhere else to get the community outside of NC.

Hoder, go leave some spiders somewhere. Chenoa open up the pvp arena and let us all play there on our own, why do we need an event? Lets give the people somewhere fun to go and play. MOST of us are mature enough to Keep the fighting INSIDE the ring...

LETZ HAEV SUM FUN WILE WE KAN GUISE!

Biglines
12-12-10, 16:28
I see where KK is coming from with all this actually... I have a web hosting company, it was actually a post to host free hosting company, we made money through advertisements on the forum. When things slowed down and I started to have to spend out of pocket I thought about shutting it all down, instead I went and did other things. I sold off most of the server to a few big paid hosting accounts, then I worked the local area to build servers etc until I had enough money flowing in to resume the free hosting service without it impacting my personal money. It took a year but things are back on track now. I understand KK needing to get BP going and successful before having the resources and money to fix NC.

One thing I suggest to KK is lighten up on the rules some for the time being (for their staff, good lord not the players), such as, have GMs show themselves in NC, more gank a GM events, more horse play from everybody to lighten the mood in game. Its really lonely right now, a few random crazy fun spawns in some random sectors would be lots of fun, maybe a GM joining in the fights in P2 or starting a fight somewhere else to get the community outside of NC.

Hoder, go leave some spiders somewhere. Chenoa open up the pvp arena and let us all play there on our own, why do we need an event? Lets give the people somewhere fun to go and play. MOST of us are mature enough to Keep the fighting INSIDE the ring...

LETZ HAEV SUM FUN WILE WE KAN GUISE!
I agree, just would like them to actually communicate, which doesn't have to cost a lot of time.

Flashlite
13-12-10, 08:23
[ edited ]

RAB
13-12-10, 11:44
[ edited ]

errrr.... nice !

-2XS-
13-12-10, 16:41
pic's or it didnt happen.

insert 5 characters [x] so I'm allowed to post the quote

Brammers
13-12-10, 17:08

Faid made a valid point, I was very close to making the same point last week. So could you please ask Kirk to visit http://forum.neocron.com/ as well as BP forums.

While it's good news that there are plans for NC3, it was disappointing that KK still feels like it doesn't want to communicate to the NC community. KK can do better with communication, I keep saying it, it gets ignored, so this will probably be the last time I will bother saying it.

Flashlite
13-12-10, 23:09
Like i said befor, we have to post on BP forums. to get any answers about neocron. but KK dont care so it dont matter, people just need to go play a other game and wait like we have been. i love you all <3 [ edited ]

Garfield
14-12-10, 01:16
Faid made a valid point, I was very close to making the same point last week. So could you please ask Kirk to visit http://forum.neocron.com/ as well as BP forums.

While it's good news that there are plans for NC3, it was disappointing that KK still feels like it doesn't want to communicate to the NC community. KK can do better with communication, I keep saying it, it gets ignored, so this will probably be the last time I will bother saying it.

the last bulwarks in the fight against these “anti KK vibe” begin to crumble. now its about time for KK to change somewhat.

of course Kirk answerd directly to an question BUT this and many more questions about Neocron and its future are asked long time ago here in our forum without any replie wich is abit unrespectful in my eyes.
hardly doubt KK want us to bring that negative mood onto the BP board....well it would be just fair to do so but less BP success will lower our odds for an NC3

[K1]Luke
14-12-10, 07:41
It feels like we are ex-clients, we supported the company by paying to play this game at some point or another, and now that KK can't charge us we've taken a back seat. If they truely love Neocron so much they would make the effort, but right now I'm guessing they just don't care what happens, KK are losing long term dedicated players because they are too busy with their new clients.

I understand that BP will mean more money for Neocron, but it doesn't cost you anything to make a post on this forum every now and then, the simple fact that you can't be bothered to even acknowledge the existence of this forum is beyond a joke, and as Garfield said it was very disrespectful and I would expect better from a company of KK's stature.

Flashlite
14-12-10, 10:31
[ edited ]

Jason Parker
14-12-10, 12:46
[ edited ]

hardly doubt KK want us to bring that negative mood onto the BP board....well it would be just fair to do so but less BP success will lower our odds for an NC3

Would be as fair and mature as back then when jupiter once was down for more than 24 hours and we folks from there started to log in on whatever terra was named back then to bring that server down as well, because we thought it'd be just fair if noone could play NC ... :rolleyes:

I'm active in the BP Forums aswell and actualy that was the first time in ages Kirk was posting there, and then it's about his old game. Imagine how the BP crowd feels about this ;) . Besides I can imagine all of KKs Mods (who, as far as I know, are still all doing this in their free time without payment, besides Chenoa and Snowcrash (and Nid?) ) have all hands full to do to handle all the posts in the closed beta forum.

Flashlite
14-12-10, 13:37
[ edited ]

MrTrip
14-12-10, 15:00
[ edited ]

Trivaldi
14-12-10, 15:09
Regarding communication, check this (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=144572) out. ;)

LiL T
14-12-10, 22:52

This but I don't think I can be arsed any more, waiting for NC3 now muahahaha.

kane
19-12-10, 18:16
Interesting post that is relevant:

http://blackprophecy.gamigo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7848

That is a lie and you know it. You can't say for the past 20000 years yeah we are not going to quit no were not going to lie nope.

And then 20000 more years you repeat yourselves. Neocron is dead =( We just have to face the facts.

Hell-demon
21-12-10, 16:13
Still at least KK are working on something. Next year they release their Martin Luther King simulator and people will have something to play.

Heavyporker
26-12-10, 17:10
Man alive, MrTrip, you aren't kidding. I get the occasional Neocron flashback every now and then. It's usually either a view from a mountain where I'm looking down at some village in the grasslands or that place in the Outzone where there's a bridge.

The nostalgia is so frigging powerful.

MrTrip
27-12-10, 02:06
Man alive, MrTrip, you aren't kidding. I get the occasional Neocron flashback every now and then. It's usually either a view from a mountain where I'm looking down at some village in the grasslands or that place in the Outzone where there's a bridge.

The nostalgia is so frigging powerful.

ohhh i remember the bridge :D now i want to run to the beach

Heavyporker
27-12-10, 07:36
ohhh i remember the bridge :D now i want to run to the beach

Oh, ho, ho, ho, remember that party NExT threw at the beach?

Aiiigh! I remember that frigging massive bridge in the wastelands! LOL! I never did find out what the story was behind that!

You know, that's the amazing thing about NC 1.... all those little places of history tucked away EVERYWHERE. Blakkmist Dump... the half-buried vehicles and warbots and copbots... all these communications pylons... the unmarked towers and bunkers where I spent so many hours.

I... I... I actually have a bit of a tear in my eye.

I really, really, really hope all these things and places are in NC3.