PDA

View Full Version : Help reaching level cap?

Matt M.
11-11-10, 06:16
I played NC a couple years ago but hit a frustrating snag in leveling which caused me to stop. Since there's still no game with NC's style I'm considering giving it a try again. My character is a Spy with all stats capped except DEX, which is in the low 90s, and my current faction is FA. Basically I'm wondering if there's anyone willing to help me max out DEX and make my character competitive for PvP, which is what I'm really interested in. I have teamspeak, ventrillo, and some high-end items like ionic shotgun and MC-5 implants so I don't want to give the idea I'm too incompetent. I'm in the USA if that matters; I know most NC player's are European. Mainly I find solo play too boring to stick with and am looking for some team mates.

Genji
11-11-10, 06:35
The last 10 or so levels with rifles is just horrible. You can LOM to droner, over cap your DEX even to WOC and LOM back to rifle/pistol in a fraction of the time it would take you to cap as rifles.

Dribble Joy
11-11-10, 09:44
Regants is the obvious, though rather boring, choice. The xp gain is the best of anywhere.

You could of course grind firemobs, the xp isn't completely terrible and you'll get some techs too.

Linear
11-11-10, 11:56
if you can handle SH, you can try snipe some hoverbots in gabanium. more fun than regants, less dangerous (if you do it correct) than firemobs, and if you're able to hack, you can get a lot of techs very quickly

Biglines
11-11-10, 23:03
its possible to level as rifles, but as genji said, if you're goal is to be viable in pvp, just lom to drones, get some rk1000's and drone regants, tunnels or caves and ull be capped and woc in a few days.

[K1]Luke
12-11-10, 09:34
I went from 400million xp to 610mil (WoC 3) on my tank in about 6 hours with AoE. If that was a new character it would have gone from rank */2 all the way to 40mil shy of WoC 1.

I'm sure you can cap your spy with drones in like 2 hours :P Do as people say and try regeants or caves, or if you want to make a shed load of money at the same time go to El Farid dungeon level 2 and just AoE the queen room, experience is pretty good but the cash is great if you drop your combat rank.

Biglines
12-11-10, 09:40
well seeing as xp is related to your current level, it's not quite as fast as that ;) but ye, capping in regants with aoe drones is super fast

RAB
12-11-10, 14:35
powerlevelin with drones at a hot spot like regents is quick yes but also very boring.. if you only get an hour here and there then it leads to a week or so of boring gameplay but ultimately gives you a decent char to start off with, which, esp if you are going to pull your LE you'll need to not be ganked straight away.

I've just done exactly as advised above. Setup my char as a droner, progressed through the AOE drones got to WOC1, then a bit to cover loss with lom-ing and then lom'ed to rifles.
Am sure if you go for it and have the time you could probably do it in 10 +/- or so hours solid play! Much less with other players help especially early on.

The better/higher tech the weapon you use the more XP you'll gain so it's easy to say I got zillions of xp with my rare TL9000 cannon but from start you have to work up to that and that takes a little time. On your own that is.

I'm sure some people know quick ways to help.

Biglines
12-11-10, 14:50
I've just done exactly as advised above. Setup my char as a droner, progressed through the AOE drones got to WOC1, then a bit to cover loss with lom-ing and then lom'ed to rifles.
Am sure if you go for it and have the time you could probably do it in 10 +/- or so hours solid play! Much less with other players help especially early on.
you can stop at the exact xp of WOC1, activate woc, and then lom, you don't need actual woc xp to use woc weapons/armour once you've activated it.