PDA

View Full Version : make new accts possible

tarasm
10-11-10, 14:09
just make new accounts possible. just a simple page where users can create a account. ill promote this game to hell and we will see server population at 100% in 1 week. just please make creating new accounts easy and fast.

Linear
10-11-10, 14:45
at least, fix current one - both buttons "box version" and "test version" leads back to themselves

Genji
10-11-10, 17:34
we will see server population at 100% in 1 week.

lol...naw, good try tho ya had me laughing pretty hard for a second there.

I personally haven't made a new account since...I starting playing. But I've seen many other people start new accounts, rather recently aswell. I dunno what your doing wrong, but whatever it is...ur doing it wrong.

tarasm
10-11-10, 17:46
lol...naw, good try tho ya had me laughing pretty hard for a second there.

I personally haven't made a new account since...I starting playing. But I've seen many other people start new accounts, rather recently aswell. I dunno what your doing wrong, but whatever it is...ur doing it wrong.

you think it cant be done? you dont know the power of email marketing.

us players cant make a free trial account currently. since the game is free why not make it easy to register for new players. i just started playing again and i tried tried creating an account and it took me over an hour and i couldnt do it. had to go thru my old email to find an account i made back in 06 to play again.

CMaster
10-11-10, 19:54
New accounts aren't free though, just existing ones.
It's also not clear why KK would want 2000 new people requiring support without getting any money for it either.

zii
10-11-10, 23:15
Because some of these may stay once payment is activated [which likely will never happen, so perhaps they'll just stay and play for free]. Its free, so perhaps they'll just accept the game as it is.

I might be delusional.

flib
11-11-10, 08:53
I believe it's quite possible to still make a new account, you just have to purchase a box of the game with an unused key for like 5 bucks.

Biglines
11-11-10, 23:13
you do realize that in most countries (including germany afaik) mail advertising (aka spam) is illegal? even blue hat is frowned upon by serious companies

tarasm
11-11-10, 23:20
you do realize that in most countries (including germany afaik) mail advertising (aka spam) is illegal? even blue hat is frowned upon by serious companies

bulk mailing is not illegal as long as the recipient opted in to receiving your email and you provide a valid unsubscribe link. A few other things are needed but those 2 are the major ones.

read up on the can spam act.

edit: also bluehat doesnt exist. its just a blog. you might be referring to blackhat but serious companies do not mind it as long as they make profit and get little complaints.

Biglines
11-11-10, 23:26
thats american i take it?

most peope that would be interested in nc i don't see stupid enough to subscribe to spam lists except the ones that you get paid for to subscribe to

still, only way nc is going to be slightly more succesful is to finally get the anti-cheat patch, a patch that fixes the glaring bugs, and a content patch. advertising might bring new people, but just like when the game canceled subscriptions, people will leave after a few weeks. i mean, does the OP even play the game?

tarasm
11-11-10, 23:40
thats american i take it?

most peope that would be interested in nc i don't see stupid enough to subscribe to spam lists except the ones that you get paid for to subscribe to

still, only way nc is going to be slightly more succesful is to finally get the anti-cheat patch, a patch that fixes the glaring bugs, and a content patch. advertising might bring new people, but just like when the game canceled subscriptions, people will leave after a few weeks. i mean, does the OP even play the game?

email marketing is the most effective way to advertise online.

there will be people that will leave but there will also be players that will stay. the community will be more active overall and neocron wont be a ghost town. just make it possible to create 10 day free trial accounts. the people who will want to play the game after the trial is over will find a way to play. either it be pbc or somehow paying by c2p which doesnt work for americans.

neocron can be alive again.

Biglines
12-11-10, 00:45
making accounts is possible for non-americans with click2pay afaik, and perfectly possible by buying one of the many surplus retail disks from stores.

nobby
12-11-10, 01:11
I too believe there should be a quick and easy trial account button tested for one month to see if there's any increase in subscriber activity.

Then after the month, remove the trial account easy make button and analyse if it was worth it, looking at money made/increase in cheaters (yes i've said it, but i'm being reasonable) and therefore decide.

Because as Tarasm said, Internet marketing would always bring Neocron back, Always, if done properly.

Biglines
12-11-10, 01:26
I too believe there should be a quick and easy trial account button tested for one month to see if there's any increase in subscriber activity.

Then after the month, remove the trial account easy make button and analyse if it was worth it, looking at money made/increase in cheaters (yes i've said it, but i'm being reasonable) and therefore decide.

Because as Tarasm said, Internet marketing would always bring Neocron back, Always, if done properly.
you do realize that KK doesn't make any money off neocron right? they have no income through neocron (KK doesnt make money off retail disks already in the market)

nobby
12-11-10, 10:49
but at least attempting to bring in subscribers would be the right direction, reactivating their subscription service.

Biglines
12-11-10, 11:24
but at least attempting to bring in subscribers would be the right direction, reactivating their subscription service.
if they reactivated their subscription service 99% of the people would leave if there are no patches

RAB
12-11-10, 14:36
it's only viable as its free I think as a newly returned player.

Biglines
12-11-10, 14:48
it's only viable as its free I think as a newly returned player.
agreed, but why would KK do something for a game for which they have no intention of earning money from? I just wish they were honest about their intentions and actually communicated them.

nobby
12-11-10, 18:46
like I said, they could still bring in an easy "make a trial account button" and let us bring in the players.

But no.

Dr Phil
12-11-10, 20:48
like I said, they could still bring in an easy "make a trial account button" and let us bring in the players.

But no.
Dude.. That would require like 10mins to do..
Do you really think they have THAT MUCH time?! :lol:

tarasm
13-11-10, 00:15
Some of the players that try the trial will like the game will stay and pay somehow. Just let them try it.

Strife
14-11-10, 23:24
Don't expect "the smart thing to do", to ever happen here.

[K1]Luke
15-11-10, 12:01
I have 3 accounts, all of which have useful characters (or characters I don't want to delete such as my capped PE, I doubt I will use him but it's nice to know he is there.)

So making new accounts would be good, I can start leveling new characters when I get bored. I know for a fact if accounts were creatable again I can get quite a few of my friends to come play (provided it's still free as a huge incentive).

Morpheus
15-11-10, 16:25
Luke']I have 3 accounts
Mars player? As for terra, 12 Chars should fulfill all possible Charcombinations i guess...

Dr Phil
15-11-10, 18:18
Mars player? As for terra, 12 Chars should fulfill all possible Charcombinations i guess...
I have 3 accounts aswell.. And im purely a Terra player..
Invinci has like 437837 accounts, and so does Ressi.

Biglines
15-11-10, 18:34
Luke']I have 3 accounts, all of which have useful characters (or characters I don't want to delete such as my capped PE, I doubt I will use him but it's nice to know he is there.)

So making new accounts would be good, I can start leveling new characters when I get bored. I know for a fact if accounts were creatable again I can get quite a few of my friends to come play (provided it's still free as a huge incentive).
ur leveling new characters when ur BORED? shudnt that be the other way around? u get bored because of leveling new characters?

hybok
15-11-10, 23:34
I have 3 accounts aswell.. And im purely a Terra player..
Invinci has like 437837 accounts, and so does Ressi.

*giggles*

some people collect stamps..

i collect accounts... ooo and neocron players souls!! MUHAHAHA!

I

[K1]Luke
15-11-10, 23:48
ur leveling new characters when ur BORED? shudnt that be the other way around? u get bored because of leveling new characters?

No, I enjoy leveling, I hate farming end-game. It's the same with WoW I enjoy making new characters rather than just PvPing.

I have Two HC tanks, Rifle PE, 2 Rifle Spies, A droner, APU, PPU, 2 Tradeskillers, Pistol Spy and a FSM free slot in case I need a quick FSM character.

hybok
16-11-10, 00:28
Luke']and a FSM free slot in case I need a quick FSM character.

amature :\

3 fsm accounts ftw!

I

*Dazz*
16-11-10, 05:54
If all my friends would stop quitting, I'd stop acquiring accounts :(