PDA

View Full Version : Nanites 101

RAB
09-11-10, 11:46
I've never played a spy before and I'm just a tad confussed about the nanites (closest I come to them before being regen for my tank!)

Would really appreciate if someone who knows how they work with spy setups to point me in the right direction... :)

From what I can gather from reading all I can find to read...

1. The better the nanite tool (higher TL) the more effective?
1a. If so is it really worth specing all the way up to 115 TC for the best tool?
2. You have to mod a nanite tool for whatever protection you want?
3. The specific protection tools are better as they give more protection and less drug flash ?
4. ... That being 12% per hit ?
5. ... With a accumalative shielding of 7.5% (2 hits being 15% etc..)
6. ... Max being 30% shielding = 4 hits.
7. Max nanite usage with NO FLASH = 100% = 8 hits = 2 lots of 4 hits from diff tools/protection ?
8. Can you use regeneration nanites with protection nanites if say you only had 2 lots of 3 hits from protection tools leaving enough for a regen hit ?
9. Are regen tools worth it? Advise here pls re healing when not in company of ppu!
10. Can you stack regen hits? I seem to remember no!?
11. Advise re the Crahn tools and nanites pls - are they worth it and viable in pvp/pvm ???
12. From what I gather re ppu bufffs being less effective now and since ppu buffs dont work with nanites and from what I can gather I can get better shielding with my nanites than from a ppu???

*deep breath*....

Thankyou :)
Rich

CMaster
09-11-10, 13:22
1. Yes, but I think it''s not worth overspeccing. I also seem to recall that some clan mates investigated and found that the higher damage % you got on the injector, the more effective the nanites were too. Whether they're worth making any effort for or not is another matter.
2. Yes
3. Yeah, the ones that only protect vs 1 damage type are the only ones worth bothering with. The others do so little.
4/5 - They add the same % resistance per hit, I think. Not aware of there being a difference between first injection and successive ones.
6. Unaware of there being a limit on shielding - you're limited to 120 nanite concentration though I think.
7. Easiest way to know that is testing.
8. It isn't really practical to combine regen and resistance nanites. The regen tools last for a much shorter time, but add to your nanite concentration. Nanite concentration only goes away when all nanite effects have worn off. So you end up fillling up more each time you heal.
9. The healing from the TL40 "tank" heal tool is pretty good. The other one is worse than a TL3 heal I think, though neither do a great deal.
10. Not at once, no.
11. Those are the debuff nanites? If so, I found them pretty hopeless.
12. Cap for PPU foreign buff is 30% resistance. I'd be suprised if you could match that across all damage types with nanites.

Having never really had a combat spy post 2.2, someone else can probably give you a better appraisal though. Also, you can always turn on damage logging and run some experiments.

Linear
09-11-10, 16:26
how to turn on that damage logging? and maybe some other loggings are exist too? need that for some tests

RAB
09-11-10, 18:23
@Cmaster

Thanks v much dude !! :)

hybok
09-11-10, 20:08
nanites are another pointless addition to the game.

the tl40 heal tool is the only one you need to worry about. ditch the rest.. oo and the "pointy thing". but thats another immune thing :)

Dr Phil
09-11-10, 23:29
Yea the resist nanites sucks.. It takes much too long time to apply them to yourself, and only last like 2mins(?). As Invinci said, just use the tl 40 heal tool instead.

That high TC req makes you slower, and the IMP req either stops you from hacking OPs, or makes your aim% very low.

flib
09-11-10, 23:48
What exactly does the Pyrolization tool do? I've never figured it out >_<

CMaster
10-11-10, 01:10
Isn't that the one that purges you of all nanites at the cost of 120 nanite conc?

RAB
10-11-10, 14:56
Yea the resist nanites sucks.. It takes much too long time to apply them to yourself, and only last like 2mins(?). As Invinci said, just use the tl 40 heal tool instead.

That high TC req makes you slower, and the IMP req either stops you from hacking OPs, or makes your aim% very low.

*stops in tracks*

Oh! :( Back to the drawing board with char design....

flib
11-11-10, 08:50
It can give some pretty serious resists though.

Biglines
11-11-10, 23:06
i have played with nanites in he past, with the best injectors, and while it gives a slight advantage in the amount of damage you take, it completely migitates any other good quality as a spy, which is hacking, aiming and damage dealing, plus it fills ur belt with injectors which take ages to inject, and makes it impossible to heal properly

the only scenario in which nanites are usefull is if you never opfight and only zone into p2 for one fight at a time and then zone out again to re-inject

they are also not even close to ppu shields in protection, a tank has far better resists than a spy with nanites

extract
14-11-10, 20:54
anti-sheild nanites are fun, not very practical in terms of efficiency considering they give someone literally 30+ second timer to let them know their sheild is about to drop...but its fun for people who dont pay attention to that side of the screen constantly. especially ppus in p2 who think they are invincible cause noones shooting at them

Biglines
14-11-10, 21:44
anti-sheild nanites are fun, not very practical in terms of efficiency considering they give someone literally 30+ second timer to let them know their sheild is about to drop...but its fun for people who dont pay attention to that side of the screen constantly. especially ppus in p2 who think they are invincible cause noones shooting at them
:O hey mate, u back? u playing again?