PDA

View Full Version : Doy factions announcements

Geist-[uTw]-
28-10-10, 21:23
Iīm looking for all doy factions announcements as wave or mp3.
Canīt find them in the sound.pak file anymore. I guess these audiofiles can be found in "neocron2\sound\vox\cityannouncement" but in my case they are corrupt.

If anyone had extract them from the sound.pak file or the audiofiles from the upper path are intact, please post here or pm. Thanks

Biglines
28-10-10, 22:14
you do realize that it's illegal to use them for anything other than the game right? :p

Jodo
29-10-10, 05:45
you do realize that it's illegal to use them for anything other than the game right? :p

Even playing them through your home so you can pretend you've entered the world of NC?

Biglines
29-10-10, 11:20
Even playing them through your home so you can pretend you've entered the world of NC?
afaik yes, we asked permission for having people copy them themselves to the nc source to play for their own enjoyment, and we got a reply that said that their license allows only the sounds to be played INSIDE the game, even just browsing to the files and playing them outside it (what would have happened had we had our way), was forbidden

ofc, noone can stop you from playing them, but I wouldn't expect support from KK, and think any help someone gives will be deleted as soon as a mod decides to grace us with a visit

Linear
29-10-10, 11:48
ah yes...and the game folder should be "Neocron2"only

Biglines
29-10-10, 11:55
ah yes...and the game folder should be "Neocron2"only
harrass much?

Linear
29-10-10, 12:11
harrass much?
huh? its just joke. there is something wrong with it u think?

Biglines
29-10-10, 12:37
well considering the ingame harassment, it wasn't that big a stretch to think you'd try to do it on here as well, if it's not, my apologies, but it still sounds like your semi-sarcastic way of insulting us

Linear
29-10-10, 12:51
well considering the ingame harassment, it wasn't that big a stretch to think you'd try to do it on here as well, if it's not, my apologies, but it still sounds like your semi-sarcastic way of insulting us

1. that joke was not about you, just about the situation. so its a little paranoic from your side, sorry.

2. didn't even accuse you guys for a long time, no matter what do u think about that time when u hacked tescom.

3. i really think u guys are legit and mastered. that tescom hacking showed it. taking all 3 layers of uplink with combat characters who have about a 100 hacking skill in 4-5 minutes - thats very impressive. never was able to hack second layer on uplink with my full-hacker (95 int, all in hacking) with 1-2 tries - didn't had enough nods.

4. to prevent you become angry - THIS post is NOT an accusing, or harrasment. if u think something in it insults you - tell me.

Biglines
29-10-10, 13:10
3. i really think u guys are legit and mastered. that tescom hacking showed it. taking all 3 layers of uplink with combat characters who have about a 100 hacking skill in 4-5 minutes - thats very impressive. never was able to hack second layer on uplink with my full-hacker (95 int, all in hacking) with 1-2 tries - didn't had enough nods.
no wonder you're having trouble believing, hacking outposts get far more difficult if you have too much hack, from about 120 hack up, it gets more difficult

best number for hacking outposts is 115 hack, which every spy and ppu in our clan has (well, ofc 115 hack with spy 3 buff)

all this is basic opwar knowledge, it's even on techhaven wiki

Linear
29-10-10, 13:31
from TH:

"All" it takes to capture an outpost is to hack it. This is a four-step process. It requires at least three hackers, all three of whom must be members of some clan other than the owning clan. There is a minimum delay between hacks of one minute. The first three steps are performed while standing at the outpost's security generator, and have a minimum required skill of about 135 to 150 or more. Each one of these must be performed by a different hacker.

from TH Wiki:
In order to successfully capture an Outpost, it is required that the attacking clan has access to three hackers with a skill level of around 115.
Sometimes the hack is too hard for the hackers to complete, if this is the case then the following items can be used/cast onto the hacker to increase their hacking skill

too much hacking? very interesting. didn't found any word.
all i can say - uplink hacking is about twicely harder than other op's so hacker with around 115 often is unable to perform this from even 5 tries. something else you can tell about the op hacking?

this talk becomes offtopic. here, i even started a new thread, Biglines, where u can tell me all these things i should know.

Setlec
29-10-10, 22:26
For years it's been known that having a hack skill above 115 total is worthless... specially since NC 2.2.

Linear, how long have you been playing NC? just curious question

*Dazz*
29-10-10, 22:28
For years it's been known that having a hack skill above 115 total is worthless... specially since NC 2.2.

84 posts and mostly whines, I'd say not very long....

Setlec
29-10-10, 23:33
LOL! oh wow! i read somewhere that he has been playing around a 1 year... truth or intox?

Brammers
29-10-10, 23:40
from TH:

"All" it takes to capture an outpost is to hack it. This is a four-step process. It requires at least three hackers, all three of whom must be members of some clan other than the owning clan. There is a minimum delay between hacks of one minute. The first three steps are performed while standing at the outpost's security generator, and have a minimum required skill of about 135 to 150 or more. Each one of these must be performed by a different hacker.

Could you give a link to that out of date information, and I'll get it moved to the wiki.

As for the hack skill, it's easy about 110-120 for 2.2. :p I've found it too hard around 100 odd, but with a Spy 3 buff, it's just about right.

zii
31-10-10, 22:10
115. cough.

Linear
01-11-10, 10:29

im playing this game since 2009 august if i remember correct. and i really don't know these ppl who knows it for years, really. i mean, there was no chat spam with that info, and nowhere has been written, etc. also "everyone knew that" never was a good argument.

Dr Phil
01-11-10, 12:08
im playing this game since 2009 august if i remember correct. and i really don't know these ppl who knows it for years, really. i mean, there was no chat spam with that info, and nowhere has been written, etc. also "everyone knew that" never was a good argument.
I guess its just something that we have learned over the years.. But being in a OP clan usually means, that you are told to have 115 hack..

Linear
01-11-10, 12:46
told by who? there is nothing written on clan key also.
so again - there is nothing strange someone dunno about that hacking value. and it becomes really OT.

Biglines
01-11-10, 12:49
told by: taifu, jini, extorsion... those three all know it

guess the rest of the clan might not, because they are new at it, but those three know it.

Dr Phil
01-11-10, 12:50
Told by more experienced players ofc...
If someone fails a hack more than 2 times, he is usually asked how much hack skill he got (in case he is either a noob (no offence ment..), or hes hack skill is bugged - wich can happen)).
He would be in a more experienced clan anyways..

Linear
01-11-10, 12:52
well they didn't told because noone did asked. looks like everyone who knows something thinks its so obvious so everyone shoud know that by default. anyway, lets stop this discussion.

Dr Phil
01-11-10, 13:32
well they didn't told because noone did asked. looks like everyone who knows something thinks its so obvious so everyone shoud know that by default. anyway, lets stop this discussion.
Yea, most of us has been playing NC for waaaaaay too long.. ;)
And yea this "discussion" is pointless, now you know that 115 hack is the sweetspot, and you will hopefully tell this info to the others in your clan that has problems with hacking aswell :)

Linear
01-11-10, 13:33
if we playing in "who will say last words" - u won

Dr Phil
01-11-10, 13:39
if we playing in "who will say last words" - u won
Now i did! Shut up!
Hehe joking.. Im just bored as a hell at work atm... ;)

Linear
01-11-10, 13:45
same here :lol:
btw, all my wonder was only about 115 points in hacking, not about how to hack

Dr Phil
01-11-10, 13:52
same here :lol:
btw, all my wonder was only about 115 points in hacking, not about how to hack
Ah haha :D
Yea ofc, learning how to hack is easy (although we (me), are some that still suck at it, eventhough we know the exact timing and all that shit :lol: ).
Knowning the sweetspots without being told is quite a lot harder ;)

Linear
01-11-10, 14:00
well hacking is pretty easy... until u failed on last second :lol:

Dr Phil
01-11-10, 14:02
well hacking is pretty easy... until u failed on last second :lol:
Yea lol :lol:

Geist-[uTw]-
01-11-10, 14:42
gna... :mad:

close plz.
My request is still active and for discussion about hacking plz use new thread.

Biglines
01-11-10, 15:06
-']gna... :mad:

close plz.
My request is still active and for discussion about hacking plz use new thread.
seeing as you're asking for something that can't be given, and I answered you in the first reply, this thread became useless anyway ;)

KK don't want you to to extract them, and KK doesn't want you to use them (play them), outside of the game. This was confirmed by mods, if you don't believe me, check the neocron:source thread, it's bound to be in there somewhere.

CMaster
01-11-10, 15:34
You exaggerate significantly there, Biglines.
Legality of extracting files that you already have depends on jurisdiction - Blizzard have gone some way to demonstrating it exceeds the licence in the United States, but other legal systems may well have a different take on it. Also, I believe this would rest on the EULA being written in such a way as to deny this particular kind of use and I'm far from familiar enough with the NC one to say if it does or not.

Again, legality of the use is going to vary by jurisdiction, with a lot depending on the use they are put to. It is worth noting that no one has objected to Akira Sun's use of the Neocron city announcements in his (commercial) work.

Beyond that, licence breaking (or possibly, possibly) copyright infringement is (in any jurisdiction that has the distinction) a civil offence, not a criminal one, and requires the copyright holder to bring a suit. The likelihood of anyone doing that to someone playing game sounds from their own computer is effectively nil. Circumventing copy protection is in some jurisdictions a crime, but again we come to the issue of jurisdiction, and also whether the compression that KK uses on sound files counts as copy protection.

I seem to recall that the actual response on the Neocron Source thing was A) from Nidhogg, who is an off-site community manager, hardly the final word on things and B) along the lines of "we don't own the copyright to all the sounds used in NC - some of them we just licensed. So to be on the safe side, we're going to ask that you use none of them".

Biglines
01-11-10, 15:39
true, I was oversimplifying, and btw, nidhogg did forward the question to KK, and the reply was from KK, not just nidhogg

still, same result, KK don't want you to do it...

akira sun specifically and in advance asked permission to use those files...

edited my post to say KK don't want instead of it being illegal ;)

CMaster
01-11-10, 15:45
As an aside, yes, it would appear that the DoY announcements are in Neocron2\Sounds\Vox\Cityannouncements They are in the normal compressed NC format. There is a tool out there somewhere that can open these up, or you can do it yourself I'm told. Also, it seems you'd probably be in the clearest legal situation if you ask KK if they don't mind you doing it.

Linear
01-11-10, 16:02
so only packed sounds are protected by law? cuz there is a lot of non-packed sound files. some of them i've even copied to my mp3 player and listen. did i broke the law? or it depends on my country rules?

CMaster
01-11-10, 16:07
Like I say, the law is complicated and varies depending on where you are.
But yeah, pretty sure you are a OK listening to the unprotected MP3s - just no distributing them. With the music, there's also a .ini file you can modify to have your own music play in game. (Or have music play in different places to default). With sounds like the voiceovers, the ones that aren't in the paks are also compressed.

Biglines
01-11-10, 16:58
so only packed sounds are protected by law? cuz there is a lot of non-packed sound files. some of them i've even copied to my mp3 player and listen. did i broke the law? or it depends on my country rules?

always depends on your country's rules, although KK could chose to discontinue service if that were in the EULA (at least afaik)

I'm not saying that KK is going to do anything about it, but yes, copying the mp3's and playing them is something that is not allowed by KK, as they don't own the copyright, and are only licensed to use them in the game. The songs are certainly not supposed to be used like that ;)

in response to CMaster, we proposed to have people simply use their own neocron mp3's, and that wasn't allowed either.

as to laws, seeing as you're not distributing, not many countries will have laws against it (hell here in the netherlands it's even allowed to download mp3's and listen to them, as long as you don't distribute them)