PDA

View Full Version : wow... i need some help haha

Shujin
27-10-10, 09:28
ok, I havent been in game for like 4 years get on to see 4 chars that I remember in name only. But honestly don't remember them being what they are.

I have bonecracker, which is apparently a melee psimonk????? was / is that a good combo? I can't think of that...

shujin which is a psi droner ... ?

theshujin which is a noob pistol spy

and malcon which apparently was a construction psi

all have their stats wiped so no clue how to even distribute the points. most seem completely stripped of armor / implants looks like i had died and my backpack had been lost for 4 years so no longer retrievable or something.

anyone able to give me hints as to what to do / how to distribute?

edit: also none of them show up having any kind of image on the login screen just blank images and names. and i kinda remember psi monks having a distinctive look, the robes and all, was that a peice of armor or something that Im missing? sorry for being a noob again haha

Gau
27-10-10, 10:30
so here is the question

what classes are they......

then what would you like them t o be with in them classes

ie. Monk, PPU
ie. Spy, Rifle

once those questions are answerd we can help you more :)
and the Jawa robes for the monks is a Power Armor.

any other help just whistle :P

Shujin
27-10-10, 10:38
sorry, i said 2 of them were psi, i meant monks.

Gau
27-10-10, 10:43
loooool :P

well mostly now for monkeys :P

people play PPU as APU is no good with out the PPU but plug as it is now known
i have not tryed a APU with the IMP nanites as a substiture for a PPU so i do not know how well this would work....

as for const, ress ect.... if you get into an active clan they can help you with that sorta stuff... i have all trade skillers but only use my imper as the clan is there for support more often than not.....

i would give you my monk setups however there not so hot and i am still tweeking them to get it right :)

on a foot note all avatars on the log on screen are broken you need a GM to reset your hair styles inorder to get your avatar bk or even remake :P...

Shujin
27-10-10, 10:56
i have one monk thats melee aparently...

Gau
27-10-10, 10:58
well now that is a lill silly i think :P i remember ppl havin a lill melee to use the noob mission sword but that is it on the monk set up maybe that is what it was

Shujin
27-10-10, 11:22
it has melee implants and everything i'd expect the tank char to have... but its a monk

Gau
27-10-10, 11:30
WoW that is realy odd never heard of that even back in Beta 2 when there were all sorts arround :S

looooooool well the shorts of it is that melee is defunct now no one realy uses it not as a prime set up as the dmg is far to low

sent you a PM also :D

Biglines
27-10-10, 11:37
are you sure its a monk, because I think the info on the login screen is fucked, just check ur skills etc.

as to skillwise, I love my apu, but most people can't handle one, as it dies almost instantly once it gets hit, so only monk that's useful (and much wanted in ops) is a ppu

leveling a spy isnt much work these days, and it's a very viable class to play with

leveling a tank is also not a whole lot of work, but easier if you don't have any money.

and gau, good idea about the nanites lol, ill have to look into using those on my apu :D

Gau
27-10-10, 11:47
looool let me know iff it makes APU a viable fighter biggy i have one i love him but well you know the story looool

though my APU is my poker with 115 poke natural so i may look into it as well after i woc him up

Biglines
27-10-10, 11:57
looool let me know iff it makes APU a viable fighter biggy i have one i love him but well you know the story looool

though my APU is my poker with 115 poke natural so i may look into it as well after i woc him up
there's quite a lot of people I can easily beat in p2 with my apu, but it's mostly about speed, dodging shots and breaking aim (and before people start whining, I hardly ever clip in p2).

nanites might make it even easier, so im sure as hell gonna test that

CMaster
27-10-10, 13:11
Backpacks don't exist any more by the way.

It sounds to me like all these characters are pretty much NC1 imports that haven't ever really been played in NC2. When characters were transfered from NC1 to NC2, the only things they took with them were:
Current contents of quickbelt
current implants
Current armour
Epic items and keys (vehicle/appartment) in these slots were also deleted

Secondly, there was a major database fuckup with the old Saturn at the end of NC1. One of the results of this is that a lot of characters from Saturn when imported into NC2 became psi monks, regardless of what they were before - sounds like that has happened to a few of yours. It is quite funny seeing a monk with 150 million over cap dex XP though.

Shujin
27-10-10, 14:55
yea, i was thinkin bonecrusher was a melee tank... and i did play on saturn.

Gau
27-10-10, 17:43
the only place to play looool

well you can keep him as a capped monk an over capped or you
can reroll a tank :)

at least you gots some gear :)

though iff you need any help feel free to shout in game :)

Biglines
27-10-10, 17:59
though iff you need any help feel free to shout in game :)
dint know u were playing atm, what chars are u usually on?

Dribble Joy
27-10-10, 18:42
There was also a Terra glitch a few years ago that wiped the char images on the selection screen. The profession/class error wasn't just Saturn either, DJ is apparently a psi monk assassin.

Biglines
27-10-10, 18:58
and gau, good idea about the nanites lol, ill have to look into using those on my apu :D
regretfully the nanites don't work on an apu, cuz it needs like 108 hightech combat skill, and an apu needs all dex points in agl

CMaster
27-10-10, 19:58
There was also a Terra glitch a few years ago that wiped the char images on the selection screen. The profession/class error wasn't just Saturn either, DJ is apparently a psi monk assassin.

The saturn ones actually are monks though, not just apparently.

I think the bug that describes character as monks even when they aren't is part of the Terra fuckup that also wiped the portraits (think my HC-PE (well, rifle PE now) is described as a monk as a result of that. Ah, that was a funny bug, people going around with concrete bunkers where their hair should be.

Gau
27-10-10, 20:37
Gau, Saphire, Batou, motoko kussanagi

those four mainly though i only realy get on
fri an sat night as week days i gotta get up arround 6am
loooooool

but some times i am on duein the day :)

flib
28-10-10, 00:29
Would perhaps an email to the support desk be able to fix the characters to what they're supposed to be?

CMaster
28-10-10, 00:44
Would perhaps an email to the support desk be able to fix the characters to what they're supposed to be?

They can ask, I can't remember what the official policy was mind. The only solution is to have a GM log on the character, note down all the XP amounts, delete the character, then create a new one and skill it up.

William Antrim
28-10-10, 16:54
Gau you were never in beta 2 rofl.

Shujin welcome back.

Gau
28-10-10, 17:27
err will how would you know btw do you know my char names b4 the port :)

nope din think so