PDA

View Full Version : Hacknet: The Ferguson Run

Megazoid
27-10-10, 00:33
Ok, people warned me that Hacknet was frustrating. As usual, I didn't listen :D

I'm trying to do the The Ferguson Run (http://wiki.techhaven.org/Ferguson_Run) which I believe gives me access to Rare code fragment #1, #2 & #3. Completing the mission unlocks some High Security login terminals where you can download these rare fragments (I think).

So I took The Ferguson Run mission, and I've got to get 5 x #0122-VGPX Code-Fragments. So I get to Techhaven Bridgelink, and I'm digging around in the three Damaged Data Storages areas, BUT I can only get into 2 (!) of the terminals. I think there are something like 24 terminal in all, but only 2 seem to work.

What am I doing wrong... or is it totally bugged ?

Biglines
27-10-10, 00:35
it's bugged as hell, but GM's will tell you it's a feature... that they only respawn every few days. Best guess is to go there after a server reset, kill all the mobs, then try to get them, there's more than 2 that open

Megazoid
27-10-10, 00:47
Thanks for the reply Biglines.

I wasn't killing the mob - maybe that's where I was going wrong. Techhaven.org does warn the spawns are bad, but not getting into 95% of the terminals was doing my nut in.

Original monk
27-10-10, 11:12
Hey megazoid, i noticed you yesterdayevening inside hacknet the THbridge :) It was an LEed character i think ?

There are boxes that open and some that dont but as soon as you know wich ones its way easier to get there !

I made a spy into droner, overcapped him and logged full hacknet hacker .. that was months ago. I made this character with the sole purpose of farming ionic parts.

I been into the 3 storage rooms over a hundred times at every possible moment of the day and still have to find my first part for the fergusson mission. So good luck :(

If anyone has these parts for trade i would be very happy to trade royally for them !

Cheers :)

Biglines
27-10-10, 11:34
If anyone has these parts for trade i would be very happy to trade royally for them !

Cheers :)
Ye I got mine off another player, he farmed them after the patches had been rolled back after KK's epic failure

Original monk
27-10-10, 13:43
Ye I got mine off another player, he farmed them after the patches had been rolled back after KK's epic failure

Ok thanx a mill, i will certainly ask around ingame (again). I can understand that it should be hard to completely "unlock" your hacker so he can farm hi-end content. But 5 (!) parts with such an extremely low droprate (if there allready is a drop not counting after a serverreset) .. is yust dull.

Isnt it enough that if you die you need to walk back 15 minutes to get to the storages ?

You need to cap and completely dedicate a char to get to these data storages and everything yust stops .. with that mission.

Biglines
27-10-10, 14:19
well being in a clan which owns an op near th (in hacknet near th, not on the map), helps

the guy i got them from I think just logged out his chars in bridgelink, and logged in on them every few hours to check, and log back out

note, the guy I got them from was a friend, so I'm unsure if any constructors are willing to part with those fergusson parts, because you will become a competitor for them

Genji
28-10-10, 11:16
I needed those part biggie! but you got em!!! ME NEEEDZ BUT ME NO GETZ CAUSE BIGGIE GOT EM FIRST! GENJI SMASH!

Original monk
28-10-10, 14:09
well being in a clan which owns an op near th (in hacknet near th, not on the map), helps

the guy i got them from I think just logged out his chars in bridgelink, and logged in on them every few hours to check, and log back out

note, the guy I got them from was a friend, so I'm unsure if any constructors are willing to part with those fergusson parts, because you will become a competitor for them

Yep thats true, it saves the walk ! But even then i also log out there and check every few hours .. to no avail.

Biglines
28-10-10, 14:20
I needed those part biggie! but you got em!!! ME NEEEDZ BUT ME NO GETZ CAUSE BIGGIE GOT EM FIRST! GENJI SMASH!
pff, genji pve'ing :P

Original monk
29-10-10, 09:16
Im starting to get conviced it has no use actually farming for these parts .. at all .. everybody i heard who has them obtained them via alternative routes.

Ill yust be patient.

Biglines
29-10-10, 11:17
tbh, the people they got them from should have farmed them. it's just that most people got them off mates, since hardly anyone sells these on the open market as they are very very very rare, and GM support with them is null

Faid
29-10-10, 18:55
There was no need to farm them back when the respawn wasnt broken. You just went there, opened the box, and took the part, the way it was intended. Now the respawn is broken and since NC has no dev support atm, and the respawn of an obscure mission part inside hacknet is the least of this games problems, it is unlikely to ever be fixed.

Biglines
29-10-10, 19:27
what irks me is that it's perfectly possible for gm's to make an npc that dispenses them...

Linear
01-11-10, 10:20
everything works just fine on this quest, it's really rare respawn, about an 24 real hours, like special boxes, and no need to restart server. i did that quest by myself, and a lot of my friends did the same, and there was no real problem. that was before and after patches. just be sure u took the quest before go and check the boxes.

Faid
01-11-10, 16:27
Linear is wrong and I think just bored trying to have some fun on the forums as is his usual motive :lol: But then again he didn't know about 115 hack :p

Garfield
01-11-10, 19:42
its kinda the same with ppl do believe the container/terminal for the rare code frag 4+5 isnt bugged.......

Biglines
01-11-10, 20:11
its kinda the same with ppl do believe the container/terminal for the rare code frag 4+5 isnt bugged.......
ye, I've tried those like 10 times, and only managed to get them once

Linear
02-11-10, 13:25
Linear is wrong and I think just bored trying to have some fun on the forums as is his usual motive :lol: But then again he didn't know about 115 hack :p

again and last time - MY hacker did the quest. MY FRIEND hacker did, and another one friend, and one man did it after i said him how to, so stfu plz. i don't care believe u or not, it's even better - lesser phoenix hackers are exist, more valuable my one becomes.

Faid
02-11-10, 16:37
again and last time - MY hacker did the quest. MY FRIEND hacker did, and another one friend, and one man did it after i said him how to, so stfu plz. i don't care believe u or not, it's even better - lesser phoenix hackers are exist, more valuable my one becomes.
And I reiterate, just because you think you and your "two friends" did the quest legitimately doesn't mean the quest isn't broken. There is a mound of evidence a mile high from dozens of people dating back years to suggest otherwise. So I might ask you to stfu plz. And phoenix hackers arent exactly valuable anymore anyway lol

Linear
02-11-10, 17:04
as i said, i absolutely don't mind you believe it's broken, especially if your believe based on years of experience of players who was unable to make that quest.

Biglines
02-11-10, 17:11
as i said, i absolutely don't mind you believe it's broken, especially if your believe based on years of experience of players who was unable to make that quest.
then don't oppose years and years of experience, just add your different experience to the stack and keep it that way :P

those people for which is bugged aren't helped in any way by you saying it works perfectly for you, because it doesn't for them, so they need gm help or have to buy it.

Linear
02-11-10, 17:21
lol i said my opinion based on my own experience, it's not my fault it's different than other ppl know. so it's for them to decide - keep trying or keep buying, and i don't see any reason to insult me. still, here are GM's on this forum who can clear the situation.

Biglines
02-11-10, 17:54
after that ticket there were just 4 parts spawned so i took them, them wait 24 hours then came and took some again. don't u think Hoder was watching me all this time? after that, a lot of ppl do the same WITHOUT sending a ticket so it's goddman work! just go and make the quest. lol everyone in this game knows about 115 hacking and only Linear - about the ferguson run? oh c'mon wtf

it sounds like you were trying to make people believe that everyone was wrong but yourself. of course this can be your English, but that seem unlikely

Linear
02-11-10, 18:14
i'm starting regret i've joined this forum =/

everything works just fine on this quest, it's really rare respawn, about an 24 real hours, like special boxes, and no need to restart server. i did that quest by myself, and a lot of my friends did the same, and there was no real problem. that was before and after patches. just be sure u took the quest before go and check the boxes.

i did that quest simply enough. everithing works just fine. take the misson, check all openable boxes, take all u find. number can be less than 5, so u should wait a REAL long for these parts to respawn (f.e. i found 4 parts at evening, and another 3 at next evening).

about the ticket - i've sended it too. tryed to get the parts without taking the misson, didn't got any, placed the ticket. Hoder answers its all ok with this quest, just rare spawn. so i took the mission and did that run.

about buying - i don't think there is a lot of ppl having them but u always can try.

that was i said first in both threads. as u can see it's an absolutely normal advice. in both threads Faid came and starts laughing kinda i don't understand anything, im a nib, blah-blah. then other ppl joined so ofc i've started to protect myself.

another thing - when was the last time Faid and Garfield and even u tried to complete this quest? last time i know - its about 1 month ago one uf us tried and got these parts. dunno if u guys checking the boxes everyday - tell me if so - but don't u think it's time to refresh your knowledge a little? im not trying to insult u or something. i just trying to say that if your opinion is based on hell-knows-how-many-years-ago experience, it can be non-actual now.

Biglines
02-11-10, 18:21
I know of at least 3 people who have tried for weeks (with this patch), and I tried for days before buying them off a mate, so that's at least as many people for whom it is bugged as for those you say got them quickly.

it's mostly that you make it sound like "oh I'm new so wahahaha you old peeps dunno anything", while there is loads and loads and loads of people that counter your arguments.

if you had just said "oh, me and 3 of my buddies actually just got it", that would have been fine and helpful, because it means that some people can still get it. But you keep insisting on countering the experience of people that have played this game for years, multiple people, and even the topic starter. just because something works for you and your mates, doesn't mean it works for others, and certainly doesn't mean that you have to keep insisting that we are all wrong.

seeing as your idea of a joke is insisting on help channel that the help channel is for russians only, it's hard for other people to get when you are joking, helping or being insulting. (By no means is this comment meant to instigate a discussion on the language issue, just as an example your sense of humour is hard to understand for me, and judging by the responses at the time, other non-russians as well.) I'd say it's a cultural thing, it's very hard for the average person to understand most humour from other countries.

Linear
02-11-10, 18:37
aaaw daaaaaamn!

i even don't know enough enghlish words to translate all i think about it now

fuck this shit

Biglines
02-11-10, 18:41
... i've tried to explain that due to cultural differences you sound worse than you prolly meant, and you get angry?

flib
02-11-10, 22:25
aaaw daaaaaamn!

i even don't know enough enghlish words to translate all i think about it now

fuck this shit
You mad?

Linear
03-11-10, 11:04
cultural differences? well, maybe. i even agreed my enghlish isn't enough good at all. but look - i showed you what were my first posts in these topics. they were not like "haha u old nibs its all work go kill yourself", don't you agreed? another thing - i insist on my opinion because its based on my own experience, same as u do. and all i get is insults and blames and even tries to explain me cultural difference. thats very strange, especially when u asking me to be more friendly.

also, my experience is not an empty shit, and again - a lot of ppl did that quest with my advices, and everything was fine. so instead of trying to insult me and to show me all your big experience u simply can ask me - "hey Linear, how did u do that quest?" - and im gladly explain how. still, we are playing same game, that means bugs should be the same for each player.

but looks like u choosing the path of your own experience, don't u?

*Dazz*
03-11-10, 12:03
Do you just like to piss and moan? You sound like a hater.... I'm just sayin

Linear
03-11-10, 12:13
Do you just like to piss and moan? You sound like a hater.... I'm just sayin

thats what im talking about *sigh*

no Dazz, im just trying to help ppl and wonder why do they refuse and insult me.

Doc Holliday
03-11-10, 12:21
i think linear its how your writing. it can be seen as a bit ambigiuos (sp?) ie how you mean it and how they read it is different. you mean to help and people think you mean that your right and they dont know shit. thats my take on it ;)

anyway. its hacknet. who cares :)

oh ps. the server restart mentioned earlier was the midnight on the ingame clock i assume. when the zones RESET rather than restart. hope this helps.

Biglines
03-11-10, 13:45
I've tried to explain in multiple posts, if it didn't get through, it won't, so can't help you

Biglines
03-11-10, 13:46
anyway. its hacknet. who cares :)
fegusson run supplies access to hacknet parts which in turn supply ionic shotgun weapons, a highly relevant weapon in the game :p

Linear
03-11-10, 13:52
I've tried to explain in multiple posts, if it didn't get through, it won't, so can't help you

looks like that cultural difference works in both sides :lol:

so anyway *ahem* i can give some advices how to complete this quest if someone here is still interested.

Biglines
03-11-10, 14:15
looks like that cultural difference works in both sides :lol:

so anyway *ahem* i can give some advices how to complete this quest if someone here is still interested.
ok, the one question which haunts me now, if you were trying to help, why don't you just do it instead of waiting for recognition of your "superior knowledge" before you try to help?

every single person in this post has said all they know about how to do the mission, yet from that last message it seems you want us somehow to beg you to tell us your secret...

I thought it was just a difference in culture, it turns out your just acting like a dick in any culture, either help the topic starter or don't tbh

Linear
03-11-10, 14:36
well u see, Biglines, i wished to help at first. i even gave some tips - like taking mission first, or time of respawn. after that i suddenly got a lots of shit only, and noone shows his interest.

yes, i have some other thing to say, and its not a real secret tbh. and i don't need you to beg me or something like that - just want to see if someone is still interested in that quest - cuz topicstarter got an advice to buy these parts (already did it i suggest), and the rest ppl didn't shown any sign of interest to my words and i even got kinda advice not to oppose year-based experience with my words (sorry if i understood it wrong).

so my last post was about stop all this shit and returning a discussion back to ferguson run.

do u really think the words like "go on" or "tell me" hurts your ego?

and yes, here is this thing - check the boxes in storage 3 first - seems others are don't spawn anything. and sometimes they spawn some trashloot. and don't shoot the mobs - just in case. with all these conditions everything should be fine.

also if u want, i can try and fraps how do i do this quest.

P.S. Step-by-step
0. logged on at evenyng
1. took the quest
2. ran-ran-ran
3. ran directly to storage 3
4. sneaked to box on the floor 1
5. took te part
6. repeated steps 4-5 for the rest floors
7. zoned out, checked again - nothing
8. logged out
9. logged on at next morning, checked - nothing
10. logged at evening (24 hours are passed)
11. checked the box on the floor 1 - got the part
12. same for floors 2 and 3
13. died
14. completed the quest.

Linear
05-11-10, 12:26
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3EGJZUaH0s

Faid
05-11-10, 21:09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FE3Yc4OqBU