PDA

View Full Version : XP calc

RAB
25-10-10, 09:38
Does anyone know the exact calculation that makes up XP gain?

I know the higher TL wep vs the toughest mob you can find is all good, but what else goes into it ?
Are number of hits used? so are gats better or is it damage/hits over time etc...

cheers

Linear
25-10-10, 09:58
more dmg u do, more exp u gain

Biglines
25-10-10, 10:39
Does anyone know the exact calculation that makes up XP gain?

I know the higher TL wep vs the toughest mob you can find is all good, but what else goes into it ?
Are number of hits used? so are gats better or is it damage/hits over time etc...

cheers
aoe in regants bossroom is most xp ;) is all most people need to know ;)

CMaster
25-10-10, 11:15
more dmg u do, more exp u gain

Yeah, appears to be as simple as.
Each mob is worth Z xp. Whatever %age of damage you do, thats the %age of the XP you get. This amount is then modified by things like weapon TL, class learning rate, etc etc. It's also split by skill according to the weapon you are using (rifles and HC split into dex, str, int, although in different proportions. APU into psi and int.). There's also a (substantial) reduction in XP when you outlevel a mob.

Lots of people claim there are things like multipliers for damaging multiple mobs at the time - I see no reason for anything so complex - you get 5X the XP of shooting a single mob because you are shooting 5 mobs is all.

Biglines
25-10-10, 11:17
well there is of course the point that for example constitution levels a lot more when ur getting hit with big one-hit damage, instead of lots of small hits. getting hit with one SH shot gets more xp than getting hit an equivalent amount of dmg from multiple shots

Genji
25-10-10, 11:31
Lets see how much XP you gain if I hit you in da face with my all arti fist!

Linear
25-10-10, 11:36
Lots of people claim there are things like multipliers for damaging multiple mobs at the time - I see no reason for anything so complex - you get 5X the XP of shooting a single mob because you are shooting 5 mobs is all.

let it be, says, 5 mobs, 100k exp each. sure thing, will u kill them at one time, or one by one - u'll gel these 500k exp anyway. but killing multiple mobs makes it faster, just faster, thats it.

LVirus
25-10-10, 14:11
So basicly having more damage done to more mobs gets you more exp due faster damage done? I have tried to see that killing mob X with drone thats higher in TL but does less damage per hit gives you actually LESS XP per drone energy capasity than drone with less TL but higher damage per HIT to same mob.

Ps: I'm back after 7 years.

CMaster
25-10-10, 15:00
Basically damage = XP.
Higher TL weapon = more XP per damage point.
Optimum levelling is about doing as much damage, to as high level mobs in as shorther time as possible. Mobs that die easily are best.

Con levelling is an altogether stranger beast - can't say I've ever looked into it. Only ways I am certain that raise it are taking damage and gunning vehicles. Not sure if PEs or Tanks can get team XP into con or not - think it's believed not.

Teaming effects levelling in slightly more straightfoward ways - some chunk of XP is taken from the player doing the damage (don't ask me for the details) and given to the "primary" stats of other players in the team. Incidentally, you do gain XP from damaging players - it's just really, really small. More noticable is the psi (and int) XP you get from healing players - I capped my spy's psi by healing people in TH (while waiting for pokes). Once, a teamed spy levelled up int after I healed him on my PPU.

Linear
25-10-10, 16:10
con is kinda mirrored - more damage u get, more exp u get. and it looks like stacks give a little more exp than direct hits - i've leveled my tank con in regants really quick being contaminated than survivyng after crawlers hits. about psi - never saw heal gives exp :lol: at least ppus get theyr exp only in team with fighters who are doing all the kills, and he even can do nothing but stay around. also soulcluster is a very funny thingie to lvl, but it still slow. pure ppu lvling - pure fans only ;)

Transformer
25-10-10, 18:25
I've always considered the most important thing about leveling is that the mob your attacking is outranking you. Red if possible. I think with the drone is that when your pulling the higher TL drone out, the mob is no longer red, so your getting less experience.

Oh and Linear, I don't know about whether the stacks vs direct dmg is better or not, but it can be hard to distinguish on a tank how your getting your XP since a vast majority of it is by acutally shooting mobs. i.e. why PE's go HC to cap con.

Dribble Joy
25-10-10, 19:42
Bear in mind that simply going after the highest level mob you can find isn't allways the best idea.

The time taken to kill a mob is a crucial factor. There's no point killing a mob for 100k xp in 5 mins when you could kill 2 mobs for 60k xp each in the same time.

I've generally found that going for mobs up to 10 levels above your own (untill you reach around level 40 or rare weapons) is a good rule of thumb for optimal xp rate.

Original monk
26-10-10, 00:03
Ps: I'm back after 7 years.

LoL :p

LVirus
26-10-10, 07:20
LoL :p

Whut? O_o

Dribble Joy
26-10-10, 07:46
Shit, I meant 10 levels above your weapon's TL.

Linear
26-10-10, 08:06
dunno exactly, Transformers. there is no seem skill in con that should influence a heavy weapons shooting. well maybe endurance, but again, dunno. and of course, accident aoe self-hitting can give u some con exp. can't say anything about pe's - didn't played them, but they are very strange class - look at that psi lvling in team.

Dribble Joy
26-10-10, 08:13
Could simply be a means of letting tanks (the default HC class) gain con xp. Con is invariably the last skill for PEs to cap and without using HC, can only be gained from getting hurt.

Biglines
26-10-10, 11:49
Could simply be a means of letting tanks (the default HC class) gain con xp.
+1

if getting xp was based on skill requirements, only dex would be leveled by repairing, while repairing levels dex, str and int

Linear
26-10-10, 13:42
+1

if getting xp was based on skill requirements, only dex would be leveled by repairing, while repairing levels dex, str and int

well actually it based, cuz f.e. u never get any str shooting with fireballs or lazar pistol. but in some ways calculating formulas are more difficult than simple subskill value indeed. pistols and rifles give dex mostly, and int because of aiming. same for heavy and melee for str. and if the gun needs t-c, it gives dex too. repair is kinda associative - dex because of skill, str and int because repairer should be kinda strong and smart, hehe. also assotiations can be used for understandidng what exp give other weapons, or wounds, or tradeskill, etc.

CMaster
26-10-10, 13:45
Rifles give Str as well though.
While HC gives dex regardless of LT or HT.

Linear
26-10-10, 13:47
also u never stay when u lvling so maybe its agility gives dex too lol

Brammers
26-10-10, 18:04
also u never stay when u lvling so maybe its agility gives dex too lol

No not very likely at all, otherwise you be able to put a brick on your run key and cap dex that way!

DEX on Spies/PE's/Tanks is capped easily by using weapons or by remote repairing stuff.

Monk's have it hard, capping DEX is not easy except by missions or remote repairing. One time you could self-poke a Move-on for an hour or so to cap DEX, but I think KK lowered the XP you could get from doing that.

Morpheus
26-10-10, 20:27
Monk's have it hard, capping DEX is not easy except by missions or remote repairing.
remote repairing is the key, works just fine since cap is 35

CMaster
26-10-10, 22:09
I got a fair bit of dex on my PPU by constructing WP8 & 9s and drugs. Clanned op bonus + cst booster 3 used to do a pretty good job. Not a way I'd say is the fastest, but when the clan needed the stuff anyway, it worked well.

Linear
27-10-10, 08:24
still, remore repairs for monks are the best, cuz they give str as well so u can easily cap 2 skills and even get something in int

LVirus
02-11-10, 15:06
still, remore repairs for monks are the best, cuz they give str as well so u can easily cap 2 skills and even get something in int

I have put my DEX points to recycle for psi cycling. Should I put more to repair? How much for remote repair stuff?? O_o

Morpheus
02-11-10, 15:32
I have put my DEX points to recycle for psi cycling. Should I put more to repair? How much for remote repair stuff?? O_o
That depends on the TL of the vehicle you want to repair. I think your skillpoints need to be half of the TL.

Dr Phil
02-11-10, 20:49
45 Rep for a Rhino IIRC..
Repping/driving a rhino is a great way of capping str/dex, while getting the first psi levels, to start barreling regants boss room IMO.

Biglines
02-11-10, 21:11
45 Rep for a Rhino IIRC..
Repping/driving a rhino is a great way of capping str/dex, while getting the first psi levels, to start barreling regants boss room IMO.
only if u find some poor sod willing to be bored out of his skull firing that rhino! :p

Dr Phil
02-11-10, 21:55
only if u find some poor sod willing to be bored out of his skull firing that rhino! :p
Thats what friends are for :D

Biglines
02-11-10, 23:08
Thats what friends are for :D
get ur ass ingame :P

Dr Phil
03-11-10, 12:05
Hehe i went to bed early.. (well tried..) ;)

LVirus
03-11-10, 14:25
Well, luckily my Tank is on another account so I can get poor sod shooting that tank and plant my monk there to repair it ... :lol:

Biglines
03-11-10, 14:31
Well, luckily my Tank is on another account so I can get poor sod shooting that tank and plant my monk there to repair it ... :lol:
u dont get psi for repping a tank, u need to drive it :p

Morpheus
03-11-10, 23:53
u dont get psi for repping a tank, u need to drive it :p
you wont get psi from driving also :/

need to have your gunner shoot something attractive

Biglines
04-11-10, 00:18
you wont get psi from driving also :/

need to have your gunner shoot something attractive
combined with my previous post that kind of was the point :P

Morpheus
04-11-10, 08:43
combined with my previous post that kind of was the point :P
you mean this one?

:P

Biglines
04-11-10, 11:37
that one :p

Morpheus
04-11-10, 13:23
that one :p
damn, i just ran out of arguments :D

Biglines
04-11-10, 14:52
damn, i just ran out of arguments :D
lies, this is teh interwebs, it can't run out of arguments!