PDA

View Full Version : 3rd person angle

RAB
18-10-10, 00:26
isn't there a way to change the angle or distance for 3rd person view ?
one of the ini files maybe ?

thx

Morpheus
18-10-10, 00:29
yes, press ALT E and copy the command for the angle... 0-359° i think is possible.

Biglines
18-10-10, 00:40
you can't fire guns in modified angles tho (else u cudda shoot behind u ;))

RAB
18-10-10, 10:40

ahh waste of time then. thx, just wanted to be a bit higher up behind really n maybe further back

Dr Phil
18-10-10, 11:15
Further back is possible.. just use the ALT+E and edit the number that says something about distance..
This can be done with the INI files aswell, so the default ALT+E distance will be as you like (IIRC).
Personally i use the default ALT+E (100) at opfights, and i use a closer distance (60) in P2 and such :)

Biglines
18-10-10, 11:39
damn, that's bad english....

and y'all should just use first person mode and be as elite as me!

RAB
18-10-10, 11:51
damn, that's bad english....
and y'all should just use first person mode and be as elite as me!

lol did that way back originally! Got pk-d ALL the time !!!
Ok as a sniper I guess ?

Dr Phil
18-10-10, 12:06
Ok as a sniper I guess ?
Hehe yea 1st person is terrible :lol:
I used it before i started pvp'ing.. Well, also a bit when i had just started pvp'ing.. but got told that it was a bad idea, so i practiced 3rd person instead.....
Some could learn from that, right Biggy?
Practice 3rd person! :p

Biglines
18-10-10, 12:49
Ok as a sniper I guess ?
for the record, with 1st person, I am perfectly capable of beating most of the people on the server in duels, aside from a really small group of people that are way better than me. (by capable of beating I don't mean that I'm better than them, but that in duels I don't always lose ;))

that said, it's simply a different way of playing, I believe that with first person it gives me better control over my walking and dodging.

also, I believe that 1st person is what makes me effective on an apu... (yes, apu is perfectly viable against 90% of the server population that don't have perfect aim, although it does take ages to kill, so apu cud be improved to make it viable for more people)

Dr Phil
18-10-10, 13:01
You did loose to someone who had not pvp'd in what, a couple of years? :D
But then again, you are able to beat me semi often... :mad:

Honestly though, im sure that you would be in the top of pvp'ers if you just practiced 3rd person ;)

EDIT:
Lies about the APU.. its a terrible class!!
That the person behind it, can be very good at it, is a different matter..
Think of the power, if it was a balanced class :eek:

silent000
18-10-10, 13:16
Psychic Cream Cracker predicts Dribble will show his face in this thread with his tales of first person :D

Biglines
18-10-10, 14:34
EDIT:
Lies about the APU.. its a terrible class!!
That the person behind it, can be very good at it, is a different matter..
Think of the power, if it was a balanced class :eek:
tbh, if I can beat some of the best pvp'ers on an apu, how is it terrible? yes it is not a viable class in opfights unless ur with a bunch of apu's and ppus, but as long as the opponent doesn't take out your legs its a great class to play imho...

played about 10 matches against invinci last night in nf (him on tank), I beat him the first 4 times or so, then 50% of the time for a few, then I started losing most of the time, but still, on any other character I never win...

and I certainly know there is absolutely no fucking way that there is any class that can beat the sheer satisfaction of killing someone on an apu :D

The only classes I love playing outside of opwars are a pistol pe, a melee tank and my apu :P (and yes, they're all three unviable in opwars, even though people try on pistol pe's)

Dr Phil
18-10-10, 14:53
tbh, if I can beat some of the best pvp'ers on an apu, how is it terrible? yes it is not a viable class in opfights unless ur with a bunch of apu's and ppus, but as long as the opponent doesn't take out your legs its a great class to play imho...

Thats where personal skill comes in... How many good apus have you seen outside of Immune? :lol:
Vegah is alright as apu IIRC, but thats it.

Neallys
19-10-10, 14:07
You loose duels against Biglines?
Like wtf.

That will always make me laugh. "If you got a bunch of APU's and a PPU".
Guess what happens if you have a "bunch" of low-tech AK spies with a PPU and we let each team play against each other :angel:

I have been dueling against good tanks in NF with my APU and won a few fights, but as previously said, it is most likely about the other guy being such a huge fail that will depend on how things go.

PvP in 1st person? go to hell

Biglines
19-10-10, 14:21
You loose duels against Biglines?
Like wtf.

Not everyone is as leet as you neally :P

something that might suprise you, but some people play this game to have fun ;) and there's not a lot thats more fun than attacking 10 people with 3 apu's and a ppu :D

and yes, ofcourse if those 10 people were any good it wouldn't work, but thats not the situation on terra atm

Neallys
19-10-10, 14:40
Not everyone is as leet as you neally :P

something that might suprise you, but some people play this game to have fun ;) and there's not a lot thats more fun than attacking 10 people with 3 apu's and a ppu :D

and yes, ofcourse if those 10 people were any good it wouldn't work, but thats not the situation on terra atm

I know APU can cut it off sometimes, especially against a PPU.
What says I'm not playing this game for the fun of it?
Actually you may be right, Neocron is just such a boredom sometimes, I guess I just miss people playing it. Although there are like 3 big clans right now, and there is Immune.

Biglines
19-10-10, 14:53
i mostly meant that playing with fun characters is far more fun to me than playing with a bloody AK spy... and yes, you are one of the very few I hardly ever win duels against...

Neallys
19-10-10, 16:11
Most fun I had was with pistol/rifle tank :p

hybok
20-10-10, 04:49
ok :) coolio..

neally yeah 3 bigclans right now.. then there is immune :P

sure neally :P immune is the only real clan left :P and you kno it.

and hmm yeah biglines u won 50% of the fights against me did u? as apu? :)

wanna rematch :) *sex* (i shall add.. apu v apu might be different.. i hate the class, always have)

Dribble Joy
20-10-10, 07:37
Psychic Cream Cracker predicts Dribble will show his face in this thread with his tales of first person :D
Indeed!

I have allways used 1st person. I allways played NC like a 1st person shooter and when I got into PvP I didn't see any reason to change they way I played.

Besides, I've never really liked 3rd person, the 'springiness' of the camera and the fact it doesn't follow the player location as 1st does didn't appeal, despite the fact it makes it easier to aim.

Which is part of the reason I don't use it. I've allways preferred playing with a disadvantage, didn't use damage boost (back in the day), mid fight healing or the top end weapons. Allways more satisfying to win as the underdog.

Dr Phil
20-10-10, 10:38
Indeed!

I have allways used 1st person. I allways played NC like a 1st person shooter and when I got into PvP I didn't see any reason to change they way I played.

Besides, I've never really liked 3rd person, the 'springiness' of the camera and the fact it doesn't follow the player location as 1st does didn't appeal, despite the fact it makes it easier to aim.

Which is part of the reason I don't use it. I've allways preferred playing with a disadvantage, didn't use damage boost (back in the day), mid fight healing or the top end weapons. Allways more satisfying to win as the underdog.
Hehe still using Judge after it got useless arent enough of a disadvantage? :p

Biglines
20-10-10, 10:45
pff, if you're not gonna win against all the liveless nerds who spend more time in neocron perfecting their 3rd person aiming, might as well have fun with imperfect weapons ;) (present company excluded of course :P)

Garfield
20-10-10, 11:26
used to play in 1st person back in the days where u could remove your weapon outta the screen.
was great, now u just cant see anything xept your own cannon :rolleyes:

Dr Phil
20-10-10, 12:03
pff, if you're not gonna win against all the liveless nerds who spend more time in neocron perfecting their 3rd person aiming, might as well have fun with imperfect weapons ;) (present company excluded of course :P)
BTW, you dont use 3rd person when PPUing either?

Biglines
20-10-10, 12:38
BTW, you dont use 3rd person when PPUing either?
nope... course not

only char I can use 3rd person on (but still don't like it), is melee

Dr Phil
20-10-10, 13:25
nope... course not

only char I can use 3rd person on (but still don't like it), is melee
That explains a few things.. :p
Not that your bad or anything.. Still much better than 75% of the ppus on the server, but you COULD be better..

Anyways, you really should try it on ppu.. It gives a much better overview of whats going on ;)