PDA

View Full Version : Create new account help pls.

RAB
11-10-10, 12:24
Ok so i downloaded and installed the 2.2 client. Fine.
I run it, click create new account and get 3 options: Box, Trial and PaybyCash.
I have cron2 box still...
First 2 options do same - opens a explorer window with an empty box and the only selectable option is Abort!
PaybyCash seems to work a bit, takes my details, account name and email, asks for payment option!? (thought it was free??) then Gives me CreateAccount option and Abort option. Create button does nothing !

I just try the PlayNeocron button from the launcher and it jsut sits there searching for server...

Says client version 158.

Help !?

Biglines
11-10-10, 12:27
mail KK to create an account for you afaik, click2pay also usually works, unless your american...

RAB
11-10-10, 12:30
k thx mate.

Edit: Done. Twiddles fingers .......

:)

RAB
11-10-10, 18:17
.... still twiddlin ...

On this note. If Cron is free in an effort to up numbers etc.. then shouldn't it be more widely advertised ? and shouldn't it be made easier to get online ?

I've surfed loads of free online games recently and the only reason I came across cron being free was because I googled an old Fang pvp video i fancied watching again and came across it on the THN by chance.

Just an idea! :)

Biglines
11-10-10, 18:37
Official neocron support takes ages, wait some more ;) Hoder has been known to help friendly players, so if official support won't help you he might be able to, but I'd wait a few days for official support first.

it's free because their publisher went bankrupt, so paypal told them to sod off, meaning they couldnt get money through paypal. This meant the rest became free as well. Then they couldn't really start charging again after months of a free game, since it hasn't been updated in over 3 years.

Then of course they fucked up the anti-cheat patch, and since only a small percentage of the current population would pay for the game in its current state, it remains free.

of course some fans will say KK are doing it out of the goodness of their hearts, personally I just think they want desperately to keep the few players around (the ones they haven't alienated with the incredibly bad community communication) so they can start charging again after BP takes off and they have time to put in a small patch, or so we stay around long enough to be sucked into BP.

zii
11-10-10, 20:51
or so we stay around long enough to be sucked into BP.
You know, if I can dock my ship, climb out, visit a shopping gallery and go plasma cannon crazy killing other players in the middle of trading, rev up my ship and fly out, then I'll stick around for BP.

I'm all for Neocron in space and on planets with flying rocket ships! Can I play a Reaver? I like wearing human skin.

RAB
11-10-10, 22:13
Re:biglines: Ahh makes more sense now. Thx for info.

Danae
12-10-10, 11:26
Official neocron support takes ages, wait some more ;) Hoder has been known to help friendly players, so if official support won't help you he might be able to, but I'd wait a few days for official support first.

I am official account support, and I most certainly do not take ages...

account@neocron.com

If you are new to Neocron there are a few options. First of all the game is not free, it is subscription free.

1. Click2pay trial account - This does not work for some people namely North Americans and a few others.

2. Paybycash - Purchase the game, and cancel the paybycash service immediately

3. Purchase a retail version of NC2 and mail us at account@neocron.com to manually create the account for you

We do NOT just manually create accounts for users unless you have an unused CD Key.

If none of these appeal to you, we are working on other methods (as the long sticky states) and as soon as they are available they will be announced.

Biglines
12-10-10, 12:11

I meant KK official support in general ;) I know that for example the HUD made by kalonji has been somewhere in the official support for months and still no reply has come.

also support on other topics has been known to take weeks to answer, including account support, because there have been plenty of topics about this the last months. I'm perfectly aware that this might be onesided, but I was just saying that he shouldn't expect instant replies from support... which is true.

Might I suggest making a sticky post with those options you listed Danae?

RAB
12-10-10, 14:36

account@neocron.com

If you are new to Neocron there are a few options. First of all the game is not free, it is subscription free.

1. Click2pay trial account - This does not work for some people namely North Americans and a few others.

2. Paybycash - Purchase the game, and cancel the paybycash service immediately

3. Purchase a retail version of NC2 and mail us at account@neocron.com to manually create the account for you

We do NOT just manually create accounts for users unless you have an unused CD Key.

If none of these appeal to you, we are working on other methods (as the long sticky states) and as soon as they are available they will be announced.

Obviously no offence intended. 24hrs for a response seems ages when you are itching to play. :)

I have a CD key on my original cron2 manual. Not sure if it's used or not as I purchased cron1 too and originally played with that key, then came back, purchased another copy of cron"2" and upgraded account to cron2 - cant remember if I used cd key in that process or not as was few years ago min.
None of the option work for me as per my original post.

I email cron support got told the same - so how do I go forward ?
I'm not going to go out and buy a 3rd copy of the game!

Rgds
Richard

Biglines
12-10-10, 15:46
why not? its like 2 pounds...

RAB
12-10-10, 15:47
why not? its like 4 dollar...

is it - lol

shouldn't need to tho!

Biglines
12-10-10, 15:51
why shudnt u need to? :P

the only reason u lost ur old account is because you gave it away and it got banned for cheating...

flib
12-10-10, 16:00
Don't be stubborn, just do it!

RAB
12-10-10, 17:15
why shudnt u need to? :P

the only reason u lost ur old account is because you gave it away and it got banned for cheating...

I had one before that as well (that wasn't banned) :p

But hey, if it's only a few squid then not really a problem. Wasnt gonna go pay regular rrp.

Edit: Question - is it a matter of not being able to create accounts or not willing as they want you to buy the game as the obvious place to buy copies I bet none of the proceeds go to them anyway??

Eitherway - can a mod DM me as I cant even test to see if the key I have got is usable as I cant get past the launcher - see first post.
Thx

Biglines
12-10-10, 20:28

But hey, if it's only a few squid then not really a problem. Wasnt gonna go pay regular rrp.

Edit: Question - is it a matter of not being able to create accounts or not willing as they want you to buy the game as the obvious place to buy copies I bet none of the proceeds go to them anyway??

Eitherway - can a mod DM me as I cant even test to see if the key I have got is usable as I cant get past the launcher - see first post.
Thx
the most relevant one would be so that people don't make unlimited accounts (there's already scores of banevaders currently playing), and they have to give u a cheap account if u actually manage to get a cd from ebay.

and no, now buying a cd doesn't get them revenue anymore (afaik the moment the store paid for the games there's no direct revenue stream to the producer or even distributor), although it does mean a possibility of future payments for an account

Danae
12-10-10, 23:46

Thx

The forum is not the place for account support - email account@neocron.com with your NC2 cd key ^^

RAB
13-10-10, 15:43
Thx Danae,

Sent you a DM BTW.

Re the launcher not connecting to the servers...

I seem to remember somethnig back years ago when people had this problem and they had to do something like manually enter an IP or something somewhere (launcher 'Select server' pulldown maybe??) in order for it to find the correct server...

This ring a bell with anyone ?

Biglines
13-10-10, 21:37
well you can manually set the ip in the neocron.ini and launcher.ini, but you still need the launcher for patches... (nc2.2 client still needs to be patched)

RAB
13-10-10, 22:03
yeah, cheers but found that info and all the updater.ini details appear to be correct.

Just tried something..
I opened firefox seperately (also worked with IE) and manually entered the web address the launcher uses : http://launcher.neocron.com/
It opens a window showing same info as launcher, except no buttons at top etc..
When I click on the create account here (box version) it works !!!! (In that it opens a new window with the rules of conduct etc.. bla bla

But when I exit, open the launcher and do the same thing it opens the same window, right colours, frame etc.. except it's all empty except for the Abort option !!??

Wierd !?!? - any ideas anyone ??

Edit: The address passed to the windows are as follows:
(Via launcher = blankwindow)
http://launcher.neocron.com/createaccount.php?LANG=ENG&IP=083.236.174.254&PORT=8020&VERSION=158&

(manually via IE or Firefox browser = works)
http://launcher.neocron.com/createaccount.php?VERSION=&LANG=&IP=&PORT=&

Edit again:
It defaults to using IE but I use Firefox. If I cut and paste the non working URL into firefox it works.... so it has to be a browser limitation ?
Exception maybe ??? dont use IE ??

Can you make the launcher use Firefox instead?
I've played with all the IE security and privacy setting and still not working ???

RAB
13-10-10, 22:26
Compatability View = ON
sorts it !!

Still wont connect to the servers tho - lol

Dr Phil
13-10-10, 22:29
Compatability View = ON
sorts it !!

Still wont connect to the servers tho - lol
The classic: Have you made sure, you dont have a firewall blocking NC? (no, i didnt bother to read the last few posts, sorry)

RAB
13-10-10, 22:43
Its nothing to do with the firewall - one of the first things I tried.

I've never used IE and this is the first time this has ever happened to me with cron so I can only presume this has been caused by a release to IE since I played cron last.

Danae/Hoder if you're reading this, still need help getting launcher to connect when I click play but I can now successfully go to 'Your Account' and have remembered my 'Original' cron1 username and password.
Username rbettele - sure you know the password!
(on a side note - it is connecting to your servers here then !?)
I have the Transfer character option her and Payment status etc...
Transfer Character takes me to an empty Launcher window.
Payment status takes me to a valid window with:

Subscription Status

Your subscription ended after a cancellation.
Reactivate Account (PayPal)
Reactivate Account (Click2Pay)

Reactivate Account (PayByCash payment)

We recommend PayPal for creditcard payments!
/end quote

So is this my original account or the one that 'bad cowd' got banned ?
Can you reactivate it for me if not? or do I have to fek about with Click to pay, register with them and cancel etc... although it looks like it wants to charge me straight away ??

Thx

Edit: I did also try the create new account and entered my cd key and it says it's already in use :( so I presume thats the one that got banned.

Biglines
13-10-10, 23:00
did you run as administrator?

RAB
14-10-10, 08:55
did you run as administrator?

yeah. tried that too. it's just the update/login popup window that's not workign now (when you click play)

I installed the game in my /games/ folder, may try a re-install in /programs/ ??
play with port settings ?

I've tried turning firewall off and adding exception but that dont help.
Is there anything else in Vista that could be blocking it without telling me ?

Gau
14-10-10, 09:01
was there not a post a while back about editing a file to update the server ip or somthing

biggy you would know more than i ??????

Dr Phil
14-10-10, 10:52
Hehe when theres a problem; CALL FOR BIGGY! :D

Biglines
14-10-10, 12:06
yeah. tried that too. it's just the update/login popup window that's not workign now (when you click play)

I installed the game in my /games/ folder, may try a re-install in /programs/ ??
play with port settings ?

I've tried turning firewall off and adding exception but that dont help.
Is there anything else in Vista that could be blocking it without telling me ?
did the patches install yet? if they are installed, u can use client.exe to play

if not, you can manually download the patches from ftp.neocron.com, not sure which subfolder but have to go up to 170+, put them in a subfolder of neocron2 called patches. but it still needs the launcher to install them, so not sure if that would work (still, manual download is much faster as u can download multiple patches at the same time)

if all that fails, re-download and install, downloads have been known to be corrupted (oh have you tried a filecheck in the configuration thingy in the launcher?)

RAB
14-10-10, 18:46
it's not the launcher that's not working its the little auto updater box that opens when you click play that does NOTHING.
It simply opens and does nothing. Just sits there saying connecting to server and nothing else happens at all, nothing, zip.
Even with the patches downloaded it does nothing.

I've already re-installed, played with ports, turned firewall on/off, added exceptions just in case, manually downloaded all the patches, fixed the other in launcher probs by playing with IE permissions and compatability mode, run as admin etc...

Just this autoupdate window.

I can run the client.exe file manually - fine.
I can even run the exe that is the auto updater - still does nothing. Even tried opening that file in copatibility mode, still nothing. Just sits there doing nothing ????

Run out of ideas now!

Biglines
15-10-10, 00:28
did u re-download the client completely? setup files have been known to be corrupt

flib
15-10-10, 02:52
Just to verify, your 'games' folder is in fact not in your 'Program Files' folder, correct?

Ex: 'C:\games\neocron2\' not 'C:\Program Files\games\neocron2\'

Gau
15-10-10, 07:53
biggy mate

what was the IP of the server the launcher loggs on to an the file to
check that the ip is correct i seem to remember that problem from a
seperate post some where in the forum ???

do pyou remember mate

sorry rab mate that is all i can think of now......

PS (this is why i have had the same installation folder from day ONE you should
see the screen shots folder b4 i dumped it 3 gig looooool)

RAB
15-10-10, 09:21
did u re-download the client completely? setup files have been known to be corrupt

ahh you da man!!!!! LOVE YOU lol

re-downloaded client, re-installed, WORKING !! :)

and.... my cron1 account still works !!!

See you in game people - dont all shoot me at once !! lol

Thanks for everyone's help.
Apprecaite it.
:)

Got to to remember how to play now !! :/

Dr Phil
15-10-10, 10:49
Glad to hear it :D
Now, dont go and delete the installer.. When you finally finds one that works, KEEP IT! ;)
And the game might need a reinstall at a later date :)