PDA

View Full Version : Free Play??

RAB
10-10-10, 13:09
Hi there.
Been a while, years in fact.
Surfin the web it looks like Cron is free to play now. Is this true ??

If so, I left my account in the hands of a friend - you know who you are :) - is my account still active or being used? Can I have it back if not ?? :D
All Cowdblud variants I think.

Cheers.

Rich

Dr Phil
10-10-10, 13:18
Uh so you are the owner of the most hacking tank in NC history..?
The account should be banned, so thats a no-go.. Good friend ya got there btw :lol:

Anyways, yes its free to play; just download, log in (on a non-banned account ofc...) and play :)

RAB
10-10-10, 13:25
Ahh.. hacking tank !! Eeek!
Well, err, glad my old account I worked so hard for was put to good use lol.

Do you know if it was actually banned ? What do you think my odds are of getting the mods to give it back to me in good faith ??? :/

Edit: On the off chance I cant I'd have to start from scratch again...
What are the server pops and community like now ?
Is there a clan who'd take me under their wing and help me re-level and equip ?

Thx
Rich

Dr Phil
10-10-10, 13:38
Ahh.. hacking tank !! Eeek!
Well, err, glad my old account I worked so hard for was put to good use lol.

Do you know if it was actually banned ? What do you think my odds are of getting the mods to give it back to me in good faith ??? :/
Lol, im pretty sure that it was banned.. And i definitely wouldnt count on a un-ban, especially of that account... Would create quite some drama ingame i think..

RAB
10-10-10, 13:39
that bad eh ! :(
Damm! - See my last post edit.

Dr Phil
10-10-10, 13:47
that bad eh ! :(
Damm! - See my last post edit.
He was the most obvious cheater i have ever seen lol ;)

Lately activity on Terra has been pretty good.. 5-7% online at night, and loads of opfights.
The community is pretty pathetic now though, everyone who has made a good setup, or has a good aim, is now labeled a hacker :rolleyes:
Some of us (me :p ) enjoys being called a hacker, so its all good for me :D

AD could probably help you out, they invite pretty much everyone who wants in..
And i would be surprised if they couldnt help you out with getting new shit.
Only takes a couple of days to cap a char, so that should be the least of your problems :)

Hoder
10-10-10, 13:52
I left my account in the hands of a friend - Bad move.

As an account owner, once you give away the account details, you run the risk that that person may commit a bannable offence. From the Neocron rules: (http://ng.neocron.com/index.php?id=122&L=1%2F%2Fcommon%2Fdb.php%3Fcommonpath%3D)

YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT THESE RULES WILL APPLY TO ANYONE THAT YOU ALLOW TO USE YOUR NEOCRON ACCOUNT OR USER ID, AND THAT YOU ARE PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES (INCLUDING TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT) THAT MAY RESULT IF ANY SUCH PERSON BREAKS THESE RULES.

What do you think my odds are of getting the mods to give it back to me in good faith ??? :/Infinity to one, I'm afraid.

Good to see a genuine honest player back, but you'll have to recreate new game accounts.

I'll keep the thread open until the next mention of exploits or cheats. :)

RAB
10-10-10, 13:55
So what is best to do. I still got my original cron2 disks. Am I better off installing that and going from there or what ?
I tried clicking onthe re-activate old accounts etc.. and my firfox complained about invalid certificates n suff.
Hows best to do it ?

Thanks again mate.

Re: Hoder - Hmm fair enough I guess. :( Honest wasn't me tho guv !!
Always been a friendly player me :D Had my LE is pretty much until I gave the account up due to family commitments.
I think my friend actually may have sold the account to someone else thinking back now. Seems to ring a bell.

Is there lots of problems now with cheating ?

Dr Phil
10-10-10, 14:00
Download the 2.2 client, i think that will be more stable than a patched 2.0 game :)
If you have any old accounts, that you didnt pass over to the "bad cowd" (lets just call him that? :p), Just log in with your old info.. No need to reactivate or anything..
If you gotta make a new account, someone else is gonna have to help ya out - i havent done that in like 5 years :p

RAB
10-10-10, 14:04
I did have an account before bad cowd killed my old account but cant for the life of me remember anything about it apart from the character names... BAR, RAB .. ??
Can any of the MODs check for anything based upon those names pretty please ??

I really dont want to start all the way from scratch !! :(

Hoder
10-10-10, 14:22
I did have an account before bad cowd killed my old account but cant for the life of me remember anything about it apart from the character names... BAR, RAB .. ??
Can any of the MODs check for anything based upon those names pretty please ??
There is no trace of Bar, but there is an account with Rab which is still open but unused since 2007. PM me with your details and email address tied to this account and I can give you the details once I've proved ownership.

flib
10-10-10, 17:07
Download the 2.2 client, i think that will be more stable than a patched 2.0 game :)
How does that work?

Dr Phil
10-10-10, 17:14
How does that work?
No idea.. Thats just what i have been told.. :p

Biglines
10-10-10, 17:57
No idea.. Thats just what i have been told.. :p
ur pc working yet? :P

RAB
10-10-10, 18:15
So... haven't played for about 2 years...
Whats new/changed ?
I remember DOY being abandoned and everyone back in in cron.
I remember APU range being reduced.. no where particularly being safe anymore... ?
Never being able to find a poker or someone to res or build your weapons...

Anything that will jump out at me as different?

Who are the biggest clans doing battle and what faction are they?
DrPhill mentioned AD ...

thx for the info and help. Appreciated.
Rich

Flashlite
10-10-10, 18:28
[ edited ]

Biglines
10-10-10, 18:33
So... haven't played for about 2 years...
Whats new/changed ?
I remember DOY being abandoned and everyone back in in cron.
I remember APU range being reduced.. no where particularly being safe anymore... ?
Never being able to find a poker or someone to res or build your weapons...

Anything that will jump out at me as different?

Who are the biggest clans doing battle and what faction are they?
DrPhill mentioned AD ...

thx for the info and help. Appreciated.
Rich
soad are mostly german, CM, but havent seen them fight an opfight in weeks (only ninja's)
ad are very big again, TT, zerg a lot, some controvercy, but lots of cool guys in there as well
Union have a core of russians, but I think they have lots of other nationalities as well, BD, some of their members have some issues with ooc flaming, but otherwise a cool clan
Immune is not really recruiting, TSU, we get accused a lot, but we have an active core that is willing to fight in most situations

Apu's are totally useless unless you're clipping like a bitch, as they die almost instantly, not having to have field of view means they are very effective against other clippers and during clipping themselves

Melee tanks don't do enough damage, but they can be ridiculously fast, so can win 1on1s, the low damage makes them sorta useless in opfights

Spies with AK or Dissy are king

Tanks with ionic, CS, dev are also good

Melee is not really viable, but in 1on1's ok to play, useless in opfights tho

PPU are always needed

RAB
10-10-10, 18:39
Cheers for that.
~how bout PE's ?

Which clan would you rec for a uk player, day/evening time, happy to pvp and pvm?

Rich

P.S. Would Immune grant an exception to a fellow 2002 vet ?? :D lol

Dr Phil
10-10-10, 18:41
That pretty much summed it up... :p

Yea my computer is working again mate, Ive just been drinking (surprise, surprise) durring the weekend ;)

Cheers for that.
~how bout PE's ?

Which clan would you rec for a uk player, day/evening time, happy to pvp and pvm?

Rich
PEs arent used much in opfights, since most setups requires you to zone, after you have been rezzed, for imps/PA to activate again..
Only a few weapons are recommended for PEs; IAR and Xbow being the best.

About clan.. AD or Union, since Immune is not recruiting :p

RAB
10-10-10, 18:44
That pretty much summed it up... :p

Yea my computer is working again mate, Ive just been drinking (surprise, surprise) durring the weekend ;)

Nothing wrong with drinking... we all need liquid to survive !!! :)
I just had a XL Kebab and knackered now Zzzzz....

Dr Phil
10-10-10, 18:48
Nothing wrong with drinking... we all need liquid to survive !!! :)
I just had a XL Kebab and knackered now Zzzzz....
Indeed! Im currently drinking another beer.. Mmmmmmm

BTW, made an Edit above ;)

RAB
10-10-10, 19:02
Indeed! Im currently drinking another beer.. Mmmmmmm

BTW, made an Edit above ;)

I just had a BIG kebab and need a beer right now too! :)
What you drinking I've been on Peroni recently - really hitting the spot.

EDIT: Damm repeating myself. I REALLY need a beer!

Dr Phil
10-10-10, 19:28
I just had a BIG kebab and need a beer right now too! :)
What you drinking I've been on Peroni recently - really hitting the spot.

EDIT: Damm repeating myself. I REALLY need a beer!
Well im from denmark, so usually just danish beer (we make some pretty good beers :D ). Right now im having a Tuborg

RAB
10-10-10, 19:41
Cool. Beer is something you appreciate more with age I think. Or should I say you appreciate the better tasting beers with experience.
Cant think of any uk beers I drink !
I take it you get the american and european beers as well ?

Dr Phil
10-10-10, 19:50
Cool. Beer is something you appreciate more with age I think. Or should I say you appreciate the better tasting beers with experience.
Cant think of any uk beers I drink !
I take it you get the american and european beers as well ?
American beers usually dont taste of much IMO, so thats rare.. Unless its like, REALLY warm - then they are alright..

Hehe think I have loved beer since i turned 13.. But then again, im from denmark... :lol:

hybok
10-10-10, 20:39
pfft yes

i think carlsburg export is my favourite drinking lager :)

"so good the danes hate to see it leave?" that right heh? its simular to tuborg.. hell it might even be tuborg.. as u kno it.. "tuborg is carlsburg as well" :)

yey for the drinking!

about recruiting into immune..

well since im the leader ill have to say very unlikely.. although me and david(my boyfriend) are like the only active brits in the clan now.. i base the clan with a very select group of core members.. so we dont like OUTSIDERS!!
thats how we 2 v 10 union and win i guess :)

I dont remember your old names.. RAB etc. plus.. if u have links to "bad cowd" i could do without the added shitstorm that comes with that :)

still i welcome you to the game... more peoples = good :) the population is creeping up into the 8 and 9percentages now... :) (going on 100 people online at once) we had an op fight last week.. which was 10-15 v 10-15 v 7.. a three way between union ad and immune.. havnt seen that in years.. so uve picked a good time to come back :)

good day runner

I

RAB
10-10-10, 21:21
cheers for the welcome :) appreciated.

If by 'links' you mean my friend sold my account to an arse who i dont know from adam who evidently acted up, well then I guess guilty as charged but I appeal !!! :) lol

I've always been a fair player. Used to be in a clan with Jernau. Maybe you know him? He was on all the time back when we used to play.

I guess I want to join a clan that has some UK members and GMT time activity not all late night action as I have a family and will miss out on a lot of the fun.

Since it's free - hey what the hell. Give it a go and see how it goes. Nothing to lose.

hybok
10-10-10, 21:29
jernau? nope never heard of him :) heh

and well u need to get an account sorted first heh :)

RAB
11-10-10, 09:22
jernau? nope never heard of him :) heh

and well u need to get an account sorted first heh :)

Maybe we originally played before your time? Nm.
One thing I WONT be doing is advertising who I am when I join as in any 'links' to Cowdblud ! lol

C U ingame.

Dr Phil
11-10-10, 09:59
One thing I WONT be doing is advertising who I am when I join as in any 'links' to Cowdblud ! lol

Probably a good idea ;)

RAB
11-10-10, 10:42
Yeah!

Is there a latest version of NSkill or something like that so I can start playing with char setup ??

Thx!

Linear
12-10-10, 08:52
Union have an russian core indeed, but also we have german and spanish players so when it goes to fight we're talking english in TS. Actually, we don't hire any random unknown ppl unless they prove they're legit and adecuate so if u wanna try, contact Ashe, Ravel or Linear ingame and we shall see.

Gau
12-10-10, 09:51
check out techheaven web site rab iff not i have a working version i can bounce to you though i carnt garentee that it is an uptodate version :P

Danae
12-10-10, 11:14
I'd just like to clear up this "free" notion for those who haven't read the big long sticky regarding this.

The game is not "free" - there is no monthly subscription fee - IE it is "subscription free".

You must either have a Neocron 2 account in the database, purchase an unused retail cd key, purchase the game via paybycash (which you then must cancel immediately after the purchase of the game), OR be able to utilise click2pay to create a free trial (and cancel immediately). We are NOT creating accounts for you if you cannot create one for yourself UNLESS you have an unused CD Key.

Also, regardless of the situation, permanently banned accounts are...obviously...banned permanently.

account@neocron.com is the account support email should you require further assistance with account related issues.

Biglines
12-10-10, 12:13
I'd just like to clear up this "free" notion for those who haven't read the big long sticky regarding this.

maybe this is because none of the sticky's are very clear, and most of the information is spread out of multiple posts, and the launcher doesn't show this clearly either?

flib
12-10-10, 15:56
Thank you for clearing that up for us, I've seen a couple times people saying that they could email and get an account created and wasn't sure if it was true.