PDA

View Full Version : Getting with the times

Promethius
03-10-10, 03:08
So after about 4 years I've decided to come crawling back for more Neocrack. As expected many things have changed. I no longer cap my beloved Cursed Soul and the reload time is pain staking.

Im hoping to gather information on viable classes and setups for the time. I dont need point specific setups but rather opinions of classes and weapons used. Any info will be taken into consideration.

Dr Phil
03-10-10, 04:32
Tanks
CS, Ion Cannon or Dev (if you can aim it - I suck with it, even with capped aim (about 300HC)).
Around 100 base ATL and at least 75 base ENR.

Spies
Dissy or AK.
60-75 base ATL, 50 base HLT and the rest into ENR.

PEs
Xbow, FAR6000 or IAR.
Around 75 base ATL and around 75 base ENR.

Those weapons named are the most used weapons (well, maybe exept for the IAR, since its a bitch to get), and the CON numbers depends on your exact setup ofc..

All fighters should be able to use the tl 40 nanite heal (req: 40 CON, 75 HLT).
Energy and Piercing are the two main dmg types - with the exeption of Dev..

Drugs are good - use them!
Speed is important - spec for it!

A few examples of my kind of setups
Lowtech tank, no PA with around 150 (total) ATL and around 250 HC (unbuffed).. It has terrible resists, but i can usually avoid getting hit, and its a mean setup for opfighting.. If I take on a PA and get primes I get about 300HC, and im fast as hell - can outrun PPUs, with my Dev out :D With this setup im using Ion Cannon and dev (for PPUs).
Imps: Herc, Ballistic mc5, soldier2, soldier3

Hightech tank, WoC PA with only 100 base ATL but crazy resists, like 120 ENR... Only has around 220 HC though..
This is one of my only chars where i pretty much never lost to known hackers, No matter how much they hit me with theire Dev i could still outdmg/outresist them, with my CS.
Imps: Ballistic mc5, Soldier3, PPR, NCPD

Dissy spy, Regants PA with a fuckload of ATL, to make up for some pretty low AGL.. Purely DMG specced, and TERRIBLE for duels and random fighting.. Incredible at opfights though.. With primes I have around 250 RC, and can kill unbuffed spies in 2 bursts to the head with Dissy, 3-4 bursts on buffed spies.
Imps: DIP, SF, Long Dist.2, Long Dist.3

Personally i love tanks and spys the most.. PEs are just too slow IMO and not very good in opfights :(

Anyways, hope all this was usefull to you :)