PDA

View Full Version : [OT] DJ feels flaintly ridiculous

Dribble Joy
14-09-10, 13:45
So I'm cycling to work this morning to work, feeling vaguely good about getting up roughly when I wanted to, even managing to squeeze in a bit of time on my n00bish droner between cups of tea before leaving the house.

Alas about 5 mins into the journey, a wasp flies into my left hand, which is resting on the handle bar rather than wrapped around it. It gets stuck between my fingers and stings me.
At first it didn't hurt much (less than I thought it would), but soon the finger is throbbing, swollen, painful and full of pins and needles. The hand is also starting to ache and feel generally a bit weird.

I get to work and have a smoke and a cuppa before the shift starts and the hand is starting to tremble and I feel a little queezy.

I get to the line and I feel awful; I won't stop sweating, and in places I don't normally sweat after the morning ride (like my neck). Colleagues notice me looking off and after telling them what happened how I feel, they send me off to the walk-in centre in town, I'm still sweating by the time I get there, even though I was driven with the windows down.

Anyway, Nurses tell me I'm not allergic, though I do have a heightened response. They then give me some anti-histamines and then the ridiculous part - they put my arm in a sling to keep it elevated. A good idea medically, but a bit embarrassing when people ask what happened to me.

The pill is wearing off now and things feel worse, so time to go to town.

One also, in this little escapade, discovered that he isn't that bad at typing one handed.

Faid
14-09-10, 16:22
How did they determine that you weren't allergic? Because that sounds a whole hell of a lot like an allergic reaction lol

Biglines
14-09-10, 16:37
How did they determine that you weren't allergic? Because that sounds a whole hell of a lot like an allergic reaction lol
heightened reaction is local, real allergic reaction can cause death if not treated ;) (most people who say they are allergic are most probably only having heightened reactions)

(and yes, most doctors will also say allergic, but afaik allergic means it can pretty much poison you ;))

Hoder
14-09-10, 17:22
Sure it wasn't really a Li'L Bastard?

Could be worse, when you stumbled into work in your dizzy state, you could have asked for a haz and heal :p

Morpheus
14-09-10, 21:06
My girlfriend is going mad at me when i tell here that wasps are on my KOS list :D

CMaster
14-09-10, 21:27
Sure it wasn't really a Li'L Bastard?

Could be worse, when you stumbled into work in your dizzy state, you could have asked for a haz and heal :p

Years ago, I occasionally checked for buffs before leaving the house.

Faid
15-09-10, 01:29
Sounds like that wasp was haxin... 8|