PDA

View Full Version : Construction Business

Manuel Moonez
03-09-10, 15:41
Hi,
I love to construct and recycle, i think crafting is a very important part of any mmorpg. Is it possible to use a barter to buy cheap ressources, then construct some shit and sell it with exactly the same barter for a profit? Has anyone tried this or some experience with it?

Biglines
03-09-10, 16:28
No idea if that will work, but remember that the economy is fucked, and most items that can be crafted don't sell for very much, so you will get very little profit (if any) for lots and lots of work.

the construction missions and research missions pay a lot though, although they are incredibly boring since they're always the same

Darkana
03-09-10, 17:09
If you raise the barter skill you will see a point where the expenses for research and construction are covered by the income selling the production junk back to the respective NPC trader(s) afterwards. Adding mods to the weapons increases their selling price more than the cost of buying the mod (with the barter toon), usually.

I've made a barter toon during NC1 times to lower the spell production costs (dunno any more where things evened out), and even though the effect of the barter skill got decreased (from about 45% savings to roughly 30+% at cap), there is still a nice profit at the end of the day, especially on high TL weapons.

Biglines
03-09-10, 18:32
remember though that to be an effective constructor, you can't spare a single intelligence point to barter, so the barter should be a different character

Manuel Moonez
04-09-10, 15:57
Yes of course, my plan has three different characrters working together - thats something nice too, good teamwork. When NC was still full of commerce there even were people buying junk that would normally be useless (trash etc) and they would recycle it. Helpled the noobs too, so everyone profitted. It will take me some time tough to raise three capped characters ;)