PDA

View Full Version : New Events or Storyline?

Linear
01-09-10, 09:56
Oh Great Chenoa, plz bring more life in the wastelands!
I mean, we really need events or at least some GM attention while waiting all these patches! Now we have 5% online on Terra so plz try to keep those ppl online as long as u can! :)

Chenoa
01-09-10, 19:43
Will come will come :) Stay patience please :)

:angel:

flib
01-09-10, 23:47
I'll make you a deal: If you do one of those fun mob events, I'll log in for it!

Chenoa
02-09-10, 16:34
Not only one.... a few more..... but very busy atm :(

Thinking of it, looking forward to it too!

Linear
03-09-10, 08:12
May Crahn help you then, oh Great Chenoa! :)

Manuel Moonez
03-09-10, 10:16
There are more people looking forward to this than you might think ;)

*Dazz*
03-09-10, 11:47
Are you the one that did the mass spawnage at Jeriko about a month ago? Man that was fun stuff.

Biglines
03-09-10, 16:29
I think it was said that was Hoder being bored

the little 120/120 annoying fly thingy was funny though ;)

Dr Phil
03-09-10, 17:23
I think it was said that was Hoder being bored

the little 120/120 annoying fly thingy was funny though ;)
A dragonfly thingy?
Does it still hit like a truck? (havent experienced it since 2.0 or 2.1)

Kanedax
03-09-10, 18:06
I have a great idea for an event. Gather everyone in p1 and give me all gold PAs!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Kanedax
03-09-10, 18:07
A dragonfly thingy?
Does it still hit like a truck? (havent experienced it since 2.0 or 2.1)

Lil' Bastard, and yes, yes it does.

Dr Phil
03-09-10, 18:21
Lil' Bastard, and yes, yes it does.
THAT was the name!
Love that thing - too bad we dont see it more often :(

Biglines
03-09-10, 18:33
THAT was the name!
Love that thing - too bad we dont see it more often :(
muwahaha

didn't know it was such a rare event though :P

Chenoa
04-09-10, 15:59
I think you should take your eyes open in the wastes this or tomorrow evening... can't set a fixed date, sorry !
So it will be a unexpected time :)

/edit: Without anymore announcement of course. Surprise :)
I'll contact a 1 online runner to start.... and as usual PK will stop this event. Read the eventrules.... but I think, you know this all hehe :)

Dr Phil
04-09-10, 16:33
Aww no PKing?
Thats not how i remember events back in the days!

Best event ever was the pro vs anti in the wastes.. with pretty much all of NCs pop + loads of pro/anti npcs shooting it out..

There was a certain clan there doing some friendly PKing :D
Always good for spicing up an event IMO..

But i guess with the current pop, if there was on PKer who showed up, it would be PKer vs 3-4 ppl :(

EDIT:

BTW Chenoa, events = sweetness! Good that you do.. something.. :D
Looking forward to it, if i dont miss it hehe.

Linear
06-09-10, 08:15
6% online, and almost all of them in same place. Nice work, Chenoa! That was reeeeal fun! ;)

William Antrim
06-09-10, 10:24
6%.... this game really needs more people.

Garfield
06-09-10, 12:38
what about PICS!!!?? so am even more pissed ive missed another lil bit action

Linear
06-09-10, 13:20
these are from almost the end. maybe someone will post more

Dr Phil
06-09-10, 15:10
Gay.. I missed it :(
When the hell was it? I was online A LOT during the weekend..

Chenoa
06-09-10, 18:31
Phil, Saturday evening about 9pm (my time - CEST) I guess... but there will come more :angel:

Dr Phil
06-09-10, 19:38
Phil, Saturday evening about 9pm (my time - CEST) I guess... but there will come more :angel:
Aw okay..

THAT sounds very good!
A good way to keep the few remaining players interested (and the newbs!) :D

Biglines
06-09-10, 21:28
Aw okay..

THAT sounds very good!
A good way to keep the few remaining players interested (and the newbs!) :D
regretfully half the runners left halfway during the event because they got bored. There wasn't anything special dropping from the mobs spawned.

We need fight nights with prizes :P or the christmas event hoder did with us having to find good caches of stuff, or the time we organized a BYB expedition and hoder spawned boxes with good stuff at the BYB

Darkana
07-09-10, 08:42
regretfully half the runners left halfway during the event because they got bored. There wasn't anything special dropping from the mobs spawned.
Why must there always something special dropping?

Biglines
07-09-10, 09:21
Why must there always something special dropping?
I stayed... I just said that half of them left because it was just a spawn event and they got bored. events with a price at the end always have people stay the whole time :P

Biglines
07-09-10, 10:47
hell , every time I've participated and gotten something good, ive given it away. It makes me sad tho that the 5slot gm spawn CS I gave to someone got sold off right away... but hey, the joy is in giving isn't it :D

Chenoa
07-09-10, 11:09
but hey, the joy is in giving isn't it :D

Indeed! And THAT is the meaning of events, nothing else !!!!

You got it :angel:

Biglines
07-09-10, 12:39
Indeed! And THAT is the meaning of events, nothing else !!!!

You got it :angel:
but external motivation makes it also more enjoyable :P

Linear
07-09-10, 14:45
how do you imagine that - "warbots attacking crest village! help us plz and we will give you %stuffname%"? c'mon, it was an invasion event, not a challenge. and i just wonder what if we refuse to help next time because there is no reward - by the storyline, neocron will be devastated such as doy? thats nice tbh, but right now we have nowhere to go :D i mean, events are not only a fun for us. all of them make an influence on he storyline. Chenoa, plz correct me if i'm wrong :)

Dr Phil
07-09-10, 14:56
I blame WoW..

People (now) always want to gain something, it is if the fun of it isnt enough anymore.

Age of Conan is a good example:
People were whining about not gaining anything from pvp, so they made some pvp levels, which half of the people just exploit to get anyways...
Why cant people just do things for FUN anymore? I know thats why I play games, to have fun.

In NC i never bother to try hack belts (since im useless at it :lol: ), so i never gain anything from pvp here, exept for the fun - which i enjoy very much! :D

Biglines
07-09-10, 15:27
I blame WoW..

People (now) always want to gain something, it is if the fun of it isnt enough anymore.

Age of Conan is a good example:
People were whining about not gaining anything from pvp, so they made some pvp levels, which half of the people just exploit to get anyways...
Why cant people just do things for FUN anymore? I know thats why I play games, to have fun.

In NC i never bother to try hack belts (since im useless at it :lol: ), so i never gain anything from pvp here, exept for the fun - which i enjoy very much! :D

well I have a lot of fun, but the warbots event was not that different from going to the juggernaut facility with a few mates. Just killings mobs we can kill every day just isn't as exciting as doing stuff that's new or original.

I would much prefer to see something with a story, or a goal at least (not, kill all this shit I send your way, the end). I loved the BYB expedition not so much cuz of the goodies, but mostly because we were working towards a goal, reaching the BYB

I also like the event chenoa did a while back in the special dungeun, with like 10 different sorts of mobs, loads of spider nests etc etc, that was also making our way towards the end of the zone, clearing every room. It just gives much more of a sense of achievement if there's a clear goal, or at least progress. Just randomly killing mobs isn't really that fun.

The coolest event I've ever been to was the PVE tournament. Competing to kill a whole track with mobs set out.

or a vehicle/airrace would be cool as well.

Fighting mobs I can do every day, event should be something special IMHO.

Doc Holliday
07-09-10, 15:54

the fun is watching them drop and then hearing the whine on trade after about how they lost. i heard some great ones over the years.

Dr Phil
07-09-10, 16:10
True Biggy, it is by far the best if there is some kinda of goal (read: not item reward, just some kind of goal).

"some kinda mafia boss has been causing all kinds of troubles for someone.. fight your way to his hideout, by killing his minions and underbosses, and finally kill him."
Event could start out with some of the "minions" spawning a few times durring a week.
By the end of the week the NCPD would have found out where about the boss is at, and needs volunteers to go fuck that bastard up, so these attacks by his minions will stop.

Or something.. Not hard to come up with something that has some kinda goal :)

the fun is watching them drop and then hearing the whine on trade after about how they lost. i heard some great ones over the years.
Exactly :D

Chenoa
08-09-10, 16:18
I also like the event chenoa did a while back in the special dungeun, with like 10 different sorts of mobs, loads of spider nests etc etc, that was also making our way towards the end of the zone, clearing every room. It just gives much more of a sense of achievement if there's a clear goal, or at least progress. Just randomly killing mobs isn't really that fun.

The coolest event I've ever been to was the PVE tournament. Competing to kill a whole track with mobs set out.

I love preparing event zones, for cleaning labs with a mini story etc... this will come back soon.... tournaments are bit more to do.... but this is all stuff I have in my minds. Trust me, but gimme a bit time :angel:

Faid
09-09-10, 01:46
Something should attack the gates of neocron, something huge and difficult to kill. I always loved it when the anti clans would attack the gates with rhinos and stuff, was loads of fun :D

Linear
09-09-10, 10:13
Can we count on some action this saturday, oh Great Chenoa? ;)

Brammers
09-09-10, 10:42
how do you imagine that - "warbots attacking crest village! help us plz and we will give you %stuffname%"? c'mon, it was an invasion event, not a challenge. and i just wonder what if we refuse to help next time because there is no reward - by the storyline, neocron will be devastated such as doy? thats nice tbh, but right now we have nowhere to go :D i mean, events are not only a fun for us. all of them make an influence on he storyline. Chenoa, plz correct me if i'm wrong :)

Well, I don't think their isn't a proper storyline running atm.

What would had been cool if we refused to fight, or we didn't win the battle at Crest? Well how about the warbots destroying Plaza 2? where parts were blocked off, debris everywhere until CityAdmin call in the builders to clean the mess up. In other words, the world changes temporarily. ;)

Something should attack the gates of neocron, something huge and difficult to kill. I always loved it when the anti clans would attack the gates with rhinos and stuff, was loads of fun :D

Aye! Although I usually had a big bill afterwards for all the broken Rhino's and Hoverbombers afterwards, it was a great laugh. :D

Kanedax
09-09-10, 16:32
MOTU 3!!!!!!! (I think it'd be 3 anyway)

Chenoa
10-09-10, 21:28
For a Motu there isn't enough interest means runner atm , sorry. (same for the mall :( )

I am just working on a bigger "thingy", lets wait and see. Sorry, Terra will be after Mars/Merc because I have very very much stuff to translate :(
But...trust me , hehe :)

Chen

JohnGalt
11-09-10, 18:39
There was an event at City Merks OP where we fought an attack off (any and all). You had placed a GIANT warbot there with the attacking mobs. That monster was fun to work on and it took allot of us to do it.

It would be nice during these events if we could register our class ahead of time such as Tank, PPU, etc...

then the one out of all who does the most damage 1st, 2nd, 3rd, could win a gift. If the registry was able to monitor the data?

Maby a moderator could have an RPOS screen added that they can only see and right click a participant and move on having the participant be classed and entered into a temporary registry till the event ends.

This way PPU's could be over ridden for the event to rez for the most rezz'es,
and buffing, tanks and apus would have their own classes for damage and registered users would take no damage from any registered user and non-registered users would not be able to put damage on the eventers directly or the mobs at all (because you were late or you need to see the moderator to get clicked).

Man do I come up with ideas that require programming hours or what?:)

Post in the date in advance on the forum if you can; Germany or USA time would be nice:)

See you all in our own little world.

JohnGalt
11-09-10, 18:55
This is not on this event subject but, do you think you could ask the bosses if we could keep all the stuff we collected to auction and trade with when NC goes NC3?

I spent days (years) collecting and it would be nice to use it in the future when the ball starts to roll again. I mean, we here now have been faithful loyal subjects haven't we, at least some of us?

How about for now letting us be able to recycle like the old days, bring back vehicle key salvaging and recycling like to good old days:)

OK, to keep with the post on events how about this...

Have a drawing where two players are "gigantisized" and fight with melee, and then weapons (spells/guns) no buffs. That would be fun to watch.

Then have the winner fight KK, Snocrash, Nighogg and or you for the "I beat the BOSSES" special Tattoo armor (the tattoo armor can be high rez tattoos all over the carcass). That would be cool for BP I suppose because of the updated graphics.

Any way,
Have a good day, it was nice speaking to you all again.

Dr Phil
11-09-10, 23:12
Wow... Some people actually still believe in a NC3..? O_o

Garfield
12-09-10, 00:56
Wow... Some people actually still believe in a NC3..? O_o
we are still in beta for it...... so yeah i am a believer

Biglines
12-09-10, 01:08
we are still in beta for it...... so yeah i am a believer
there's alpha tests with less bugs than nc :P

Kanedax
13-09-10, 18:58
there's alpha tests with less bugs than nc :P

Yeah, like every alpha test.

Linear
20-09-10, 08:24
2 weeks are passed and only thing that changed - its that wall in bd (does it really exist?). how quickly new events are coming usually? i mean, when there were a lot of ppl. well, since AD is back, there is some more action last days, but...maybe some new little event again? Tell something good for us, oh Great Chenoa! ;)

Chenoa
20-09-10, 08:59
Sorry for this. I was too busy :( But didn't foget it of course, still working on my idea. Hopefully can bring it online next week. Cross your fingers for me!

Linear
20-09-10, 10:41
sure thing, u can always count on my support!

Gau
20-09-10, 11:31
GL cheona

Linear
27-09-10, 08:17
Sorry for disturbing you again, oh Great Chenoa, but...that thing u're working on, will it be this week?

Chenoa
27-09-10, 11:24
I wrote "hopefully", can't set any fix dates. Don't push me please :)

Kalonji Faya
27-09-10, 15:14
chenoa, I had mini events idea but can't make it alone, I'll need a GM to set some details of the mini events ... would should I talk to ?!

kalonji

Linear
04-10-10, 14:01
....uuuhm....
<_<
>_>
*whistles*

[K1]Luke
07-10-10, 10:30
Guys, there's a 5 slot GM spawned Ion Cannon in Lukus 's quick belt somewhere in the wastes, first person to find and hack the belt can keep it.

And I'll give you a hint, it's not in any A, B or C zones ^^

Garfield
07-10-10, 19:22
what will i get when i find it?

Linear
08-10-10, 12:06
exclude some wrong sectors every day plz lol

Dr Phil
08-10-10, 15:46
Maybe I should go look for it later.. I could use another one.. 2x Ion cannon clip.. Should be enough to kill anyone... mmmmm *wet dreams* :angel:

Biglines
08-10-10, 15:59
Maybe I should go look for it later.. I could use another one.. 2x Ion cannon clip.. Should be enough to kill anyone... mmmmm *wet dreams* :angel:
pff, u on an ionic is easy, u got killed by an apu and a melee tank! :p
then again, any other char I lose big time so I guess that's just how it is

(and yes, I am totally too happy about that :p, I never win on proper chars ;))

[K1]Luke
08-10-10, 18:19
Ok guys to make it easier, as well as A-C zones being dismissed, all OP zones are as well. That's going to save you about 20 zones.

:p

Dr Phil
08-10-10, 19:54
Luke']Ok guys to make it easier, as well as A-C zones being dismissed, all OP zones are as well. That's going to save you about 20 zones.

:p
Aww if people couldnt figure that out by themselves, they really dont deserve it :p

Linear
15-10-10, 10:47
Say something good for us, Chenoa :)

Dr Phil
15-10-10, 11:53
Something much more important....
I heard from Ressi that Hoder is no longer a GM. Is this true? If so, who is lead GM now? :wtf:
And why is he not a GM anymore..?

Linear
15-10-10, 16:03
eeerm and i always thought its Chenoa lead GM, not Hoder 8|

Dr Phil
15-10-10, 19:50
Dont know what Hoder was, but he was the only GM who got (some) shit done on Terra..

Garfield
15-10-10, 20:43
wOOt why s he gone? if thats true gosh .......

i do miss the Hoder :mad:

hybok
15-10-10, 22:19
He better not be gone!!

As far as i knew i think he was the most senior member of the in game support team for terra ie... the most senior english gm..

well.. hes the only one that i think done jack about the, what do you call it biglines? *indescrepencies of players* or something?

plus.. whos gonna do the weeding etc in plaza1? we need a neocron gardener again!

RAB
16-10-10, 21:19
Dont know what Hoder was, but he was the only GM who got (some) shit done on Terra..

Well he was the only GM who did anything to help me get up and running and online and he did a lot! Got about 20 DMs for him!
Need people like that.

Morpheus
16-10-10, 21:57
Well he was the only GM who did anything to help me get up and running and online and he did a lot! Got about 20 DMs for him!
Need people like that.
Nobody laughs without Hoder :lol:

Chenoa
17-10-10, 18:09

Right.
And Hoder is GM and stays as GM, he didn't left, only rumours!

And because of this thread wents totally offtopic,
I'll close it now.

/will open another thread, when the plans we talked before will be finished.

Hoder
17-10-10, 20:25
Is this what is feels like to read one's own obituary? o_O

For the record, I'm still alive and ingame from time to time.

Something much more important....
I heard from Ressi that Hoder is no longer a GM. Is this true?I have absolutely no idea how that rumour can possibly have started. I even re-read my last archived emails to and from Ressi and can see no possible reference to imply my leaving now or in the future.

With the NC grapevine the way it is, the Sunday Sport and National Enquirer will never have to worry about recruiting reporters!