PDA

View Full Version : Potential return

William Antrim
24-08-10, 11:06
You guys have piqued my interest again.

All of this talk of nc has got me thinking. I am not sure if my current laptop/internet connection will handle the game (its old and shit) but I can certainly log in and see. I know all of my account details (they are etched in my memory due to 7 years of my affair with this game).

I presume its as simple as downloading her again and carrying on my sordid activities with my mmo first love?

So this begs the next question(s) - situation in terms of politics and all that stuff?

big factions? op fighting clans? where is the most action? where can i find some like minded individuals to hook up with? Is the game still free?

What classes are good? Ive got woc on all my chars (i think) and I am pretty sure I have all of the gear I need. Should be good to go (just need drugs I reckon).

Please no flaming, no bitching and no arguments. I just want cold hard facts and a smattering of opinion but nothing negative if possible.

Thank you.

P.s I have/use ventrilo as always.

Biglines
24-08-10, 11:27
active ad members have made a new clan called the outfit (TT), which is recruiting I think. Soad (son of a drom, CM) used to be quite active but have quieted down somewhat. sxr (BT) occasionally come online, but they have more ops than they deserve for their inactivity. KoS (TS) is a ninja'ing clan (amongst more serious sins), but they're just annoying nothing more. Immune (TS) is active as ever, but don't think we're recruiting, and there's of course the ever present accusations of us cheating ;)

as for action, as long as certain people aren't playing, p2 is very enjoyable (bout 80% the time) and I actually had a lot of fun fighting in pp2/pp3 the other day, as well as a very prolonged fight in cycrow (non-op, just fighting in the waste lands).

setups, most viable atm is dissy or ak spy, although there are quite a few tanks now (even 2 active melee tanks!). woc pistol pe is also sorta viable, I love playing that the most, but on equal skill level, a spy or tank will always win. APU's are dead, ppu's are in demand as always.

because of dissy and cs, energy is important resist, as well as piercing for ak/ionics. Due to the growth in popularity of the devourer, both fire and poison resist help. As a spy, generally dumping all psi in psi resist will help against the devourer stacks. Of course, getting an original setup will make u lose with some, but win big with others.

Oh and there are some extremely good players playing right now, so not everyone that looks like they're hacking actually hacks. good aiming and hitting most the time is not a viable way to recognize hacks, increased frequency, ridiculous speeds, warping etc are better at that.

William Antrim
24-08-10, 12:59
ok fair play.

Ill wait and see what happens then.

Ill have to find out in game if there are any faces i recognise. It wouldnt be a case of who is recruiting or who isnt. Thats never an issue for me as i dont care about clans, its just a case of which friends are still here. Clan divides are irrelevant.

setups ill work out long term. Getting creamed in pvp usually develops my tinkering skill for a setup or ill just google a few. I dont care about that much either.

as for warping, on every pc ive ever had people warp, clip, wallhack or whatever else people whine about. I just thought it was my shit pc so that too isnt a massive deal.

The only reason I keep leaving is because my friends all left or someone in my clan tried to take over and did all of our heads in.

Who is the top man at immune these days?

Bozz-Von Mel
24-08-10, 15:20
I think I will join this "coming back to NC thread". I just hope there are people online in my timezone. Now to go find The Tick.

Biglines
24-08-10, 16:15
Who is the top man at immune these days?
Invinci

William Antrim
24-08-10, 16:26
Thought so. cheers.

Faid
24-08-10, 16:42
[QUOTE=Biglines]sxr (BT) occasionally come online, but they have more ops than they deserve for their inactivity.QUOTE]
Thats funny, i was just thinking the same thing about immunies, they hold 80% of the ops and never have more than 3-4 people online that we see and even then it's not for very long. Unless you guys are on very early in the day when we are all at work or something. All op fights nowadays are Dissy spy's and maybe a heavy tank or two, everyone clips ands hides, it's really quite boring.

William Antrim
24-08-10, 16:53
hehe.

Sxr brilliant. Good times and good fun. Miss those guys and those days. I am trying to get fork to come back and play.

Biglines
24-08-10, 17:09
[QUOTE=Biglines]sxr (BT) occasionally come online, but they have more ops than they deserve for their inactivity.QUOTE]
Thats funny, i was just thinking the same thing about immunies, they hold 80% of the ops and never have more than 3-4 people online that we see and even then it's not for very long. Unless you guys are on very early in the day when we are all at work or something. All op fights nowadays are Dissy spy's and maybe a heavy tank or two, everyone clips ands hides, it's really quite boring.
uhm, are you in the european timezone, because we are usually at least 2-3 online during european peak times? Feel free to attack our ops if anyone is online, or ask for immune and see if we can get some people (we usually have more people on vent than ingame)

we have never more than 3-5 people online because that is all we need? we always fight with those numbers, and every op we have, we fought for. We have multiple times tried to fight sxr, when there were 3 or 4 online, but only very rarely do you actually show up to defend. When we have 1 or 2 online we even defend (the most fun i've had lately is when I supported 1 fighter against 9 SoaD and still managed to kill all their fighters :D they had 4 ppu's so they hacked the layers, but still, very good fun :D)

I wasn't attacking you and I'm still not, just saying that you have the tendency not to defend ops most of the time (yes, I remember at least 3 times you had 3 online and didn't defend against the 3 of us). I know that invinci is always saying he enjoys fighting against you guys, but I haven't had the pleasure since the 3 times we tried when I was there, noone came to defend :()

William Antrim
24-08-10, 17:15
Sxr is american chap.

Biglines
24-08-10, 18:47
ah, explains a lot

Bozz-Von Mel
25-08-10, 01:26
Patching to level 103.
ERROR: Couldn't open: baselib.dll, possibly write protected patching failed.

Well tried to re-install. I was stuck there.

Faid
25-08-10, 01:51
hehe.

Sxr brilliant. Good times and good fun. Miss those guys and those days. I am trying to get fork to come back and play.
lol you definately need to get Fork to come back <3 teh Fork.

@Bigliness it would appear that we are indeed in different timezones, hence why I've never seen you at any of the fights we have had against immunie, which we have had a bunch of and they're usually pretty good. To be honest though, op fighting with 3 people isn't exactly op fighting, it's just not the same and not even worth doing half the time. At least people are starting to come back a little bit now, maybe we can get some good actual fights going.

Genji
25-08-10, 03:35
never have more than 3-4 people online

That's more then enough if I'm online!

Also: Biglines is a total cheater! Nobody beats me at rock-paper-scissors, clearly cheating!

Biglines
25-08-10, 11:08
Patching to level 103.
ERROR: Couldn't open: baselib.dll, possibly write protected patching failed.

Well tried to re-install. I was stuck there.
Try running it as admin, and/or move the neocron folder out of program files.

Biglines
25-08-10, 11:09
Also: Biglines is a total cheater! Nobody beats me at rock-paper-scissors, clearly cheating!

that pure skill at seeing through into your mind, and believe me, seeing your mind, I'm not so sure it was worth it!

Biglines
25-08-10, 11:13
To be honest though, op fighting with 3 people isn't exactly op fighting, it's just not the same and not even worth doing half the time. At least people are starting to come back a little bit now, maybe we can get some good actual fights going.

I think it depends, I've fought 10vs10, 4v10 and 4v4 (amongst a lot of others of course). I much prefer 4 v 10 over 10 vs 10, and 4v4 is also fun. 10v10 just gets confusing and noone dies because they just clip through other players.

10v10 also means far less teamwork, when we are playing with 3 or 4, we all have specific tasks, and when we focus our efforts anyone drops, this is so incredibly satisfying..

Gau
25-08-10, 11:59
ohh yu got that right big

while i was op'n with AD we were often outnumberd i think
to you lot, most the time :P it is easyer to play as a team
and soooooo much better when yu drop some one :P

*Dazz*
25-08-10, 11:59
ok fair play.

Ill wait and see what happens then.

Ill have to find out in game if there are any faces i recognise. It wouldnt be a case of who is recruiting or who isnt. Thats never an issue for me as i dont care about clans, its just a case of which friends are still here. Clan divides are irrelevant.

Hai :p

I think I will join this "coming back to NC thread". I just hope there are people online in my timezone. Now to go find The Tick.

I saw you lastnight in p1, wasn't sure if it was you or I woulda said hey. Tick gets on once in a while, randomly ofc.

William Antrim
25-08-10, 12:00
I did ask for people to leave out the flaming and arguing about who owns which ops etc.

I think with the game in its current state and (from what I hear) the lack of participants at op fights and general in game activity; it sounds to me like no clan deserves to hold ops.

I remember a time when Syndicate held most of the map on Uranus because we fielded 10+ out of a core of 20 active players at most every op fight we went to. The "big" clans of the day would log in at an agreed time and come and fight us in one big alliance to beat us. After a few hours of fighting we would usually hold about half of our ops (and usually half of "theirs" too) and then the arguments would start. We heard that the server was originally german therefore all of the bases belonged to the germans, we also heard that historically clan "whichever" held a certain op so therefore it was theirs.

Basically we heard every excuse under the sun. If a clan is big enough to take an op then I say take it. If the other team hasnt got enough people to defend then thats their loss.

I have been in 3 clans over the 7 years I have played this game. I have watched both go from strength to strength in that time and then whither and die again over time for various reasons. We have gone from having no ops, to owning half the server and back to having no ops again on a number of occasions. I personally don't care about who owns which ops or who should attack who and when and how comes we attacked them when they had only 2 people online and all of that bs.

In my book this game is all about the fights, in my last outing on this game we used to go pick a fight with the clan we knew would turn up to defend, or we would attack 2 or 3 at once if we had more people on than the defenders.

For me the thing that draws me back to this game is the fights. It always has been. If thats not there then there is no point installing. I can do without the he said she said, the flaming and the bitching and trade arguments. If this thread descends into all of that again then it will put me off coming back to play honestly because the politics and the boredom are the two things that made me leave the last several times. I feel like Brett Favre at the moment big time.

If there is some fighting and some fun to be had with a bunch of people who still like to play this game as a team and work together then I will be back. If those people can be on a similar timezone to me (regardless of faction or anything else) and want an extra gun or psi glove then I am happy to come and play.

If I can't find that in this game then I will go again and find something else to do. I deal with enough bureaucracy and politics in my job to want to have to deal with it all here. Someone else can do all of that. Im not here for tea and medals and to make a name for myself. I just want to shoot at people every now and again.

thanks all

p.s one more tangent for the outfit then Dazz?

*Dazz*
25-08-10, 12:05
Lastnight me and a buddy from my clan were in p2 with SxR for a couple hours just fighting, nonstop fighting. Lillie from immune ppu'd us all and rezzed when needed. and an SxR ppu assisted as well. Most fun I've had this week thus far. It made the game great again even if it was about 7-8 ppl all out to kill each other :lol: Good times! I enjoy the fun fights, without flaming.

Gau
25-08-10, 12:06
dang wish i had logged on were yu all on the mumble server

if not that is proly why i din make it on no one there :P

*Dazz*
25-08-10, 12:07
p.s one more tangent for the outfit then Dazz?

Hellz yea. I will be on tonight by at least 7 pl est. possibly earlier if I can manage it. Holler for me on ooc/help if I'm not stood in p1.

*Dazz*
25-08-10, 12:08
dang wish i had logged on were yu all on the mumble server

if not that is proly why i din make it on no one there :P

No I haven't been on mumble alot, I should I know :(

William Antrim
25-08-10, 12:16
Which mumble server do you use?

I have a ventrilo server that is rarely ever used. Its my own and i can log on that if im needed for stuff. Ill idle on it when im at home and not busy anyway.

Dazz if you want the detailz, i already gave em to bozz.

Does rip still play? do you speak to him ever? If you do say hi from me. :D

*Dazz*
25-08-10, 12:19
Which mumble server do you use?

I have a ventrilo server that is rarely ever used. Its my own and i can log on that if im needed for stuff. Ill idle on it when im at home and not busy anyway.

Dazz if you want the detailz, i already gave em to bozz.

Does rip still play? do you speak to him ever? If you do say hi from me. :D
RIP was in p1 with me lastnight with SxR, he's in my clan. Yea I'd like the vent details. The mumble server is Gau's he could be a better help than me with getting that going, I was a total tard trying to connect to it, had to read his tutorial he posted on AD forums. :lol:

Dr Phil
25-08-10, 12:22
All this talk about rejoining NC, kinda makes me want to come back aswell.. GRRRRR!! :(

*Dazz*
25-08-10, 12:26
All this talk about rejoining NC, kinda makes me want to come back aswell.. GRRRRR!! :(

You know you want to.... DOO EEET!

William Antrim
25-08-10, 12:27
Sweeeeeeeeeeeet. Im gonna speak to Rabbi Fang and get him to get his sorry ass back to nc. My brother is already raging about the ping difference and his problems with not being able to play but I think he will be downloading it within a week or two.

Vent details sent by pm.

*Dazz*
25-08-10, 12:28
Received, I'll pop on tonight and see if you're around when I get the chance.

William Antrim
25-08-10, 12:32
Im on gmt so probably not mate. Im usually gone by 5pm eastern time.

Gau
25-08-10, 12:32
hey will your more than welcome to the mumble server

just please tell me your not as inept as dazz .....

no offence mate realy

i was ready with the 12 bore after helpoin yu looooooool
the server loggs were a nightmare to hahaha

**edit doc an that lot are welcome to i know doc uses mumb as that is
syns VOIP**

Dr Phil
25-08-10, 12:39
You know you want to.... DOO EEET!
I hate you :p

Downloading... SLOWLY!! :(

EDIT:
30KB/sec for the fucking loss.. Worst part is, that i dont know if its my own connection being really shitty today, or the place im downloading from.
Sadly i think its my own connection, both my lines seems really slow today for some reason :(

Biglines
25-08-10, 13:07
I hate you :p

Downloading... SLOWLY!! :(

EDIT:
30KB/sec for the fucking loss.. Worst part is, that i dont know if its my own connection being really shitty today, or the place im downloading from.
Sadly i think its my own connection, both my lines seems really slow today for some reason :(
:O ur such a bad ragequitter :P that's twice in the last 2 months, and the second time u come back again :P

Dr Phil
25-08-10, 13:48
:O ur such a bad ragequitter :P that's twice in the last 2 months, and the second time u come back again :P
Shut up :p
It wasnt a ragequit last time though, was it?

Dr Phil
25-08-10, 14:47
Sweetness, the speed picked up!
Downloaded, installed and running :D

Biglines
25-08-10, 15:31
why aren't you online anymore!

Faid
25-08-10, 16:40
Lastnight me and a buddy from my clan were in p2 with SxR for a couple hours just fighting, nonstop fighting. Lillie from immune ppu'd us all and rezzed when needed. and an SxR ppu assisted as well. Most fun I've had this week thus far. It made the game great again even if it was about 7-8 ppl all out to kill each other :lol: Good times! I enjoy the fun fights, without flaming.
Ye last night was great, constant non-stop fighting in p2 (thanks to Lillie immune ppu for rez's & heals) Noone was a dick and noone was cheating, was absolutely fun. Plus I found out that Me and Dazz are from the same state :eek:

Kanedax
25-08-10, 16:52

I KEEL YOU!

;)

Pungent77
25-08-10, 20:37
Try running it as admin, and/or move the neocron folder out of program files.

What he said :P
Bozz if you get it hooked up let me know. I'll play :D

Genji
25-08-10, 22:04
Florida sucks!

Biglines
25-08-10, 22:12
Florida sucks!
stop picking fights on here and start picking fights ingame! :p

*Dazz*
25-08-10, 23:17
God I love the activity it sounds like is happening here ;)

Bozz-Von Mel
26-08-10, 00:32
What he said :P
Bozz if you get it hooked up let me know. I'll play :D

I got it working. It was the admin rights and all the WIN 7 settings, etc.

Biglines
26-08-10, 02:39
epic fights tbh, apu's vs melee!

Dr Phil
26-08-10, 02:41
epic fights tbh, apu's vs melee!
Yea that was some sweet fights :D

*Dazz*
26-08-10, 05:03
Fun as hell but I suck at ppu for sure :lol:

Gau
26-08-10, 09:53
though i only got in at the end if was great fun though
i kinda sux at pvp as a rule :P

ohh big was it your idear to toke me out first i bet it was :P

looooool loads o fun till my net went down been realy stupid
of late an that is bad as it is a swedish provider an there
sposed to be loads better than UK's lol

Biglines
26-08-10, 11:15
though i only got in at the end if was great fun though
i kinda sux at pvp as a rule :P

ohh big was it your idear to toke me out first i bet it was :P

looooool loads o fun till my net went down been realy stupid
of late an that is bad as it is a swedish provider an there
sposed to be loads better than UK's lol
actually we went for shower first, cuz he was doing the most damage to the apu's, but he stealthed off, and since you were the next rifle spy, it was your turn ;) can't say it wasn't fun though :P

Dr Phil
26-08-10, 11:26
actually we went for shower first, cuz he was doing the most damage to the apu's, but he stealthed off, and since you were the next rifle PE, it was your turn ;) can't say it wasn't fun though :P
;)

Only bad thing about the fight is, that im gonna have to delete a capped (non-woc) PE to make a APU now... :(

Biglines
26-08-10, 11:59
;)

Only bad thing about the fight is, that im gonna have to delete a capped (non-woc) PE to make a APU now... :(
why not lom one of your ppu's to apu? least it's non-destructive?

*Dazz*
26-08-10, 12:00
I've got one been sitting forever waiting for something to do... I wanna try him out again now :lol:

Biglines
26-08-10, 12:01
I've got one been sitting forever waiting for something to do... I wanna try him out again now :lol:
make sure you get a pointy thing if your using an apu outside of opwars ;)

Gau
26-08-10, 12:13
accttualy i am a PE biggy loool but hey

shame i chose the FAR as the IAR does more dmg
i jus loath druggin up hahahaha well next time your
ass is mine mate hahaha

he says as he dies once more loool

i still need to capp my PPU and APU looool there far off
it is borin to lvl solo carnt do it no more

Biglines
26-08-10, 12:39
accttualy i am a PE biggy loool but hey

shame i chose the FAR as the IAR does more dmg
i jus loath druggin up hahahaha well next time your
ass is mine mate hahaha

he says as he dies once more loool

i still need to capp my PPU and APU looool there far off
it is borin to lvl solo carnt do it no more
k, next rifle thingy :P

but I hope you'll be able to beat me on my apu quite soon tbh :P

Kanedax
26-08-10, 15:18
Wait a minute. Is there discussion of an op fight without any hate or nerd rage?

SHENNANIGANS I SAY!

Seriously though, around what time generally do the fights usually happen?

Dr Phil
26-08-10, 16:27
why not lom one of your ppu's to apu? least it's non-destructive?
Then i wouldnt be able to drugrez myself on one of my accounts.. ;)

Anyways, already deleted her.. Now.. To level a monk...

Powerleveling wanted!! :lol:

*Dazz*
26-08-10, 23:22
Wait a minute. Is there discussion of an op fight without any hate or nerd rage?

SHENNANIGANS I SAY!

Seriously though, around what time generally do the fights usually happen?

Between 5pm and 9 pm est generally for me