PDA

View Full Version : Give the Russians a Break

Hell-demon
07-08-10, 14:16
[ edited ]...when I see players ignoring the Russian players and denying to trade with them it just goes to show why Neocron is in a sorry state.

It's really sad that English speaking players can be so cruel to international players. Remember, Terra is an international server, we have Germans, French, English and yes, Russian players. Sure they talk in help channel and spam it but quite frankly every player does this. I'm not bothered by it and to me its no different from when German players use the help channel.

But to actively ignore players, refuse to help, trade and play with them is despicable. Neocron needs as many players as it can get and it doesn't matter where they come from and what language they speak. You want higher populations on servers? STOP DRIVING PLAYERS AWAY!

It's bad enough people have done this shit when German players have come to Terra. I'd like remind some people that some of the reasons why Neocron cited such bad reviews is aspects of this community. We have a great community and at the same time a terrible one.

Dribble Joy
07-08-10, 15:01
Indeed. Not much else I can add really, it's got to stop.

Hell-demon
07-08-10, 15:17
I've seen people saying things like:

"Herpa derp you Russians are spamming help, this is an English server welcome to my ignore list!"

The Russians have been really fucking helpful lately and its always good to see some life in nc.

Biglines
07-08-10, 15:27
I agree with most of that, and actually am fine with almost all... the only reason I've ever discussed it on help was when they started saying help channel was for Russian only... and remember this is the reason most of the people that are pissed are pissed, not so much the speaking of russian, but the refusal to do it in such a way that it doesn't bother other people.

aside from being able to ignore it, it is pretty annoying not to be able to follow all the talk. I'm dutch, but if I want to speak dutch to a specific group of people (yes there's currently a small group of dutch speaking people on terra), I use my buddy list or DM. Hell, I prefer all the chatting to be on the appropriate channel, ooc for chatting, trade for trading, help for help related questions. that way, if people are spamming my chat window, I can turn off ooc and only read the things I'm interested in. (and help is still the only place to ask questions, in which actually pretty much all questions get answered)

So no, I don't mind russians speaking russian, but I think they should do it in ooc and not in help, or use one of the unused channels so people who would actually like to play without having their chat window filled with conversations they can't follow.

And while it is not required to speak english on Terra, I think it's good manners to do so anyway, because that way everyone can understand what you are saying, especially in the public channels.

Hell-demon
07-08-10, 15:29
I agree Biglines. But people ignoring Russian players and refusing to trade with them just because they are speaking a different language is absurd.

Biglines
07-08-10, 15:49
I agree Biglines. But people ignoring Russian players and refusing to trade with them just because they are speaking a different language is absurd.
agreed, just because of a different language yes, but speaking another language and being disruptive, spamming and annoying is reason enough for ignoring some Russians. But that's pretty much the same for German, French, English, Dutch and whatever other languages are spoken on there.

Dribble Joy
07-08-10, 16:02
I personally don't care what language I see on any channel, be it German, Dutch, Russian, French or English. Nor do I care if I don't understand what's being said.
If someone asks a question, then there's likely to be someone who can answer it. If not, it's then entirely up to them to ask in another language and shouldn't be forced to do so.

rob444
07-08-10, 16:50
Racism is not tolerated, contact a GM and make them give the user a warning ;).

Kanedax
07-08-10, 17:33

If that was actually enforced I'd have been banned 10000000 times by now.

Also,

Racism: a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Not trying to be a dick or anything it just bothers me when people try to sell someone dissing on someone else for being from another country as racist, it's not.

Hell-demon
07-08-10, 18:30
More xenophobic than racist.

Garfield
07-08-10, 18:38

so true.
[ edited ]

u could have asked them to dm eachother or use another chanel f.e. TH-Trade or tell em about the buddy list option

just my 2 cents [ edited ]

Nidhogg
07-08-10, 20:34
Whatever you want to call it, it's not allowed. It's in everyone's interests to encourage new players, regardless of where they come from.

gamefreak
07-08-10, 21:10
just my 2 cents [ edited ]
4:1 :p

Hell-demon
07-08-10, 22:50
[ edited ]

MrTrip
07-08-10, 23:17
Eh, sorry to burst some bubbles but they aren't always nice to us too you know. While I agree we need to still attempt trade, we don't HAVE to trade with them, especially if they can't respect Help channel or our requests that they stop spamming. By the time I place somebody on ignore, they have to be just annoying little cunt bags for at least an hour...

Hell-demon
08-08-10, 00:09
True, but you get that from everyone in the community. If it isn't spam in help, it's smack talk in ooc.

With neocron's current economy all trade is good. Even with people who annoy you.

Biglines
08-08-10, 00:31
True, but you get that from everyone in the community. If it isn't spam in help, it's smack talk in ooc.

With neocron's current economy all trade is good. Even with people who annoy you.
but that's the point of having the smack talk mostly in ooc, the ability to chose not to listen to it.

and considering the economy, that's been dead for years, construction for noobs is only charity, no longer a viable profession... I have a fully capped constructor and a resser, but haven't logged on them for months except to make myself 1 gun. The only real use I have for them is making rares, which I generally don't even do any more because like 99% of the neocron community, I have everything I need.

so that said, the only people I log my tradeskillers for, are the people I like, as a favour to them. I never charge anything because what's 10k in lube if you can sell a single techpart for a 100k.

so, there's lots of people I like, but I know the majority of the people who go out of their way not to include me in their community are not going to get me to log my constructor, or trade with them unless I specifically need something. And yes, speaking Russian in public channels is for me far too excluding and impolite for me to be particularly friendly to them. If they want me to be friendly, they need to be friendly and include me in the community. I speak English instead of German or Dutch because I want to be part of the whole community, not just a subgroup. Speaking another language in public conversation fractures a community, it doesn't build it.

that said, there's quite a few of the Russians that are really friendly and are perfectly willing to participate in the international community, which have my respect and cooperation.

and yes, germans and french have had the exact same problems, but for me it's not that big a deal because I can understand them, but still, it's impolite and excluding towards the rest of the community.

in summary:
- Speaking another language is of course very okay, if you're only speaking to those people that understand it
- If you want to do this, I'd say use your buddy channel or your direct message, or use ooc or another unused channel, so people that don't want to have their chats spammed full of unreadable messages can disable it
- If you want to be part of the neocron community, be community minded and communicate with the entire community, so speak English in public channels, doing otherwise I think is rude and excluding towards the people that don't speak your particular language

zii
08-08-10, 10:29
This is not racism.

Racism is the belief that the genetic factors which constitute race are a primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

What you refer to may be confused with racial discrimination, but it in this case it is not so. Some people were annoyed that a group attempted to misuse and enforce a language inappropriately, which resulted in a fighting fire with fire scenario. A better way to dissolve such a situation is usually with dialogue. I do not know whether this took place.

Russian is welcome language to an international server, but in the interest of discourse on a public channel, then English ought to be used. Unless one party cannot use it. In which case, he should move the chat to an appropriate channel. However, these are not really hard and fast rules, and I cannot see why anyone would be annoyed with reading any other language other than English on the Help Channel for a short period [I know that people are not annoyed, but I add the last sentence just for balance]. Bear in mind that these are new players whose expectations are different. Some education over several months should sort this out. During this period we will have to be tolerant and pass the message on.

Of course, those that tell other speakers speaks to bugger off, should suffer the same their same fate. :)

Neallys
08-08-10, 11:32
If they give me massive amount of Vodka.. I'm OK with it.

Nidhogg
08-08-10, 12:07
Any more name mentioning (even partially) or nationalistic flaming will result in this thread's closure.

zii
08-08-10, 15:19
... should suffer the same their same fate. :)
Gawd, I should proof-read more often.

Danae
08-08-10, 17:36
I remember this happening previously with another group of folks speaking another language on Terra and I believe at that time you were told to suck it up and deal with it, and nothing has changed you're still meant to suck it up and deal with it. You're all big boys and girls and have the capacity to look beyond languages, nationalities, and cultural barriers.

No matter what justifications you may think you have, no matter who made you QQ, tuck your epeen away, put your nerd rage back on the shelf and don't be a doucheclown to your fellow Neocronians ^^

Kanedax
08-08-10, 17:52
I remember this happening previously with another group of folks speaking another language on Terra and I believe at that time you were told to suck it up and deal with it, and nothing has changed you're still meant to suck it up and deal with it. You're all big boys and girls and have the capacity to look beyond languages, nationalities, and cultural barriers.

No matter what justifications you may think you have, no matter who made you QQ, tuck your epeen away, put your nerd rage back on the shelf and don't be a doucheclown to your fellow Neocronians ^^

But being a doucheclown is my job! It's all I have! :(

Hell-demon
08-08-10, 18:05

*whip noise*

Exactly.

Morpheus
08-08-10, 20:48
First thing for me to say: "Welcome to all russians, and the players of countries around russia."

I know there are some very nice people among them!

Second thing to say: Why isn't there any custom-channel for other languages? Sure, Terra is a international server, therefore one should be able to use the english language on the public channels like trade or help. But not everybody can speak/type english fluently. I think it would make sense to have a custom-channel for the germans, the netherlands, the russians, and all the others ...

morph

Jodo
08-08-10, 20:54
You could argue that doing so would cause more division between the nationalities. That's more of a "pretend they're not really there" solution.

Biglines
08-08-10, 22:01
You could argue that doing so would cause more division between the nationalities. That's more of a "pretend they're not really there" solution.
they're speaking other languages anyway...

the other post, we dutch don't need a special channel, there isn't a dutch person below 50 that can't speak english

Faid
09-08-10, 16:33

Didn't this also happen on Mars, but the people were speaking English instead of German and the GM's told them they we not allowed to do it? I remember there was a huge nasty discussion on these forums about it. That was a while ago though and I could just be wrong lol, either way I agree with Danae, people should just suck it up and deal with it. At least theres more people playing now :p

Hell-demon
09-08-10, 18:58
Yeah Terra has 2% pop now instead of 1%.

:(

OH GOD THIS GAME NEEDS MORE PEOPLE!

Strife
09-08-10, 19:36
Me and a few other friends will be back when it reaches 20% :P

zii
09-08-10, 20:54
Didn't this also happen on Mars, but the people were speaking English instead of German and the GM's told them they we not allowed to do it? ...

No. From what I remember they could speak English, but support tickets should be in German.

However, many anglophones, myself included, spoke as much German as possible [Last sentence should not be juxtaposed to the Terra situation. Its purely a statement of fact.]

Any way, who cares: Lets just play the game and kill everyone :)

extract
09-08-10, 22:07
I cant beleive that people are actually getting upset that people are speaking a different language in a game world chat channel.

are you worried they are talking about you behind your back to your face?

is it cause you cant google translate something your own keyboard wont recognize?

i mean "laugh out loud what the fuck!"

who gives a shit...I been back for a few hours and Im already more sick of the same old cheater/hacker remarks....

i mean forgive me if ive offended some of you I know and or like but really, thats just absurd, its almost like a kid and the server is his toy, and hes greedy and does not wanna share it with anyone else.

personally its gonna work out one way or another, bitch about not understanding russian, or bitch and insult that he/she cant spell english well....

just my 16 cents

btw that was for you zii

flib
12-08-10, 20:48
Where did these Russians come from suddenly?

Hell-demon
12-08-10, 23:06
Russia?

Jodo
12-08-10, 23:20
I'm with Hell-demon on this one. My money is on Russia also.

MrTrip
13-08-10, 00:17
You're both wrong. Japan. Yes, its true my friends. They are all coming from Japan. See, Japanese people have long kept Neocron in their vaults vowing to play one day. Now the Russians have invaded Japan and have taken their precious Neocron and have started playing on the accounts the Japanese were planning on playing on. Yes folks, but don't worry! No wild fires here in Neocron!

Meanwhile in Moscow...

http://imgur.com/oDH2f.jpg

<3 Russian players lol

zii
13-08-10, 14:43
btw that was for you zii
Unsure why your target is me. If you read my threads [over the past years] you should notice that I am pro any language on the server. If anything I have promoted this as a form of co-existence and diversity on the servers.

My comment about speaking German on Mars was because it allowed me to understand what they were saying. This is all.

Additionally, if I observe something and report it, it does not mean that I support it.

Of course, those that tell other speakers speaks to bugger off, should suffer the same their same fate.

flib
15-08-10, 22:57
Seriously, I've never seen more than like one or two Russians in the game before, and now there's some huge scandal?
Did a group of them just decide to start playing or have they been here all along!? 8|

Biglines
15-08-10, 23:28
Seriously, I've never seen more than like one or two Russians in the game before, and now there's some huge scandal?
Did a group of them just decide to start playing or have they been here all along!? 8|
there are times (non-peak), where like a quarter of the server seems russian

Transformer
16-08-10, 00:11
Meh, I really don't give a fuck. Sure it can be a pain in the ass having to sift through messages in the flood of Russian speak, but I have worse things to bitch about.

extract
16-08-10, 06:52
"laugh out loud what the fuck"

Unsure why your target is me.

@ your sig, suppose i should have mentioned that

zii
16-08-10, 14:51
Juxtapositioning those quotes does not explain anything. If anything you make even less sense. Please would you explain what you are talking about.

Regarding signature: is humour, (at least my perverse humour), and should be taken lightly. Although it does point out that societies are different and have different value judgements, although I am a hypocrite because I would allow hash; I use logic only when its to my own benefit and supports my own beliefs, or is this to radical a concept for xxxxxx you might like to here] ; If you want to discuss those points then you should use a PM, but I don't know if I have the time to answer.

This has nothing to do with a Neocron international server where we are at liberty to speak whatever language we wish to speak.

Biglines
16-08-10, 16:54
don't think it was meant to be insulting :P think he meant to spell out lol and wtf completely so you'd be happy :P

zii
16-08-10, 21:59
Oops. I really got the wrong end of the stick. I knew that Friday & Saturday night were too hard on me. This is what sleep deprivation does to me (Loosely coupled with skim ready these forums). Its been a bad a in work today. Apologies for any confusion.

Linear
22-08-10, 18:12
We already left in Services - TH, and u don't see russian in help anymore, except when we calling newbies into. [ edited ]

Morpheus
22-08-10, 20:24
yesterday there were some french players spamming the help and ooc channels ... merde :lol:

Linear
23-08-10, 12:39
...and noone says a word. how fair and noble.

Biglines
23-08-10, 13:58
if you'd read the whole topic, you'd realize that most people are with you, instead of yet again trying to insult people... it will only get worse if you keep shouting like this? It's great you moved to service-nc, better than what the germans and french usually do, but why keep posting if it's all solved?

and as to french and germans, they get yelled at so many times before...

edit: hell, you even made a forum account just to complain about this?

Dr Phil
23-08-10, 15:06
Thats just because i dont play anymore :D

Linear
23-08-10, 15:42
I don't try to insult someone, i just trying to stop this all. still, a lot of ppl keep ignoring us, refuse trades and pokes. someone even stole non-rare implant, lol. some trolls keep coming in our channel and trying to insult. i just don't understand why only russians are to blame, and when u guys will stop.

to Biglines: to bring some justice in the wastelands ^^

William Antrim
23-08-10, 15:55
You guys think russians are bad, wait till the Asians get here.

:)

Vampyre Mike
23-08-10, 16:33
As long as there are some decent people to play with they can be Aliens from outer space for all I care lol ;)

Biglines
23-08-10, 19:52
I don't try to insult someone, i just trying to stop this all. still, a lot of ppl keep ignoring us, refuse trades and pokes. someone even stole non-rare implant, lol. some trolls keep coming in our channel and trying to insult. i just don't understand why only russians are to blame, and when u guys will stop.

to Biglines: to bring some justice in the wastelands ^^
there's lots of people that also don't trade with germans or french specifically

Genji
23-08-10, 21:34
a lot of ppl keep ignoring us, refuse trades and pokes.

There just jealous of your vodka and crazy women!

Linear
24-08-10, 11:00
there's lots of people that also don't trade with germans or french specifically

well maybe, but noone shouts about he will not trade because germans/frenches are %smthn%

Gau
24-08-10, 12:19
god i realy carnt believe this thred is still so popular i mean come on

okay the russians took over an chat chan proberly with out knowin the
spoken lang of terra is english even to it is the EU server but they soon
moved to a diff chan i mean come on ppl what is so bad about them any
way there are a couple in AD there great ppl always willing to lend a hand.

all i can say is when i am online i treat every one equaly the way i would
like to be treated iff i am trade skilling then there is no discrimination even
to redfactions the games pop is far to low for this kind of childish shit.

@Linear; i can try an get in touch with our russian members in AD iff you like
there nice guys iff there still playing i am sure they would join you and your
welcome to join them on your VOIP server iff they log on.

William Antrim
24-08-10, 13:12
Surely its good to have russians to kill in nc.

I fondly remember the calls of "there is Qeeqaek" and then moments later "oh hes dead" when we were black dragon.

More people to kill is surely better.

Biglines
24-08-10, 16:20
ye, most of the hate was generated when one English dick told the Russians to stop spamming help (they had been talking in russian on help like it was clanchat or buddy chat), then a few Russians declared help Russian only, and kept spamming it (as in, hardly any other people could read a line before it scrolled up away). so yes, they were provoked, but they also themselves made it worse by actively spamming Russian over help and whining at whoever spoke English on there. This then escalated into some people boycotting the Russian population with trading and pokes etc.

Then most Russians moved their buddy talk to service-nc or servic-th, meaning the rest cud just mute that channel, and there weren't many problems anymore, except some of the orginal boycotters maintaining their blocks, which yield tension again and again. And of course now Linear again posting in this thread.

William Antrim
24-08-10, 17:20
Fair enough. Seems reasonable to me.

Dr Phil
24-08-10, 17:31
Hehe if i had been there, I had been that "english dick" :p
Cant stand when people spam in anything else but english - at least when its english everyone can follow what the spam is about..

Declaring a channel like help for russian only was probably not a good move by them either :lol:

Good that they matured up, and startet using a unimportant channel for theire talking though.

Genji
25-08-10, 03:24
I hereby declare the "Runner Services - DOY" channel as the naked party down channel. NObody is allowed to enter the channel unless you are both naked AND ready to party down!

Linear
25-08-10, 10:27
well, what do u mean about "spam" word then? a most of time we didn't chat, just ask and answer a questions about the game, nothing else. not all of us can understand english enough for that, and it's of course easier to use our own language.
and yes, it was me who declared help only for russians. that was reeeaally fun tbh. just don't like when someone call us spammers when we don't.
that was the real reason. if u don't understand something, thats doesn't mean its spam.
we are not so evil as u maybe think. if u just ask, we give. but if u become angry for nothing, prepare to get a tons of shit, thats all. actually, we even don't care about the ignorance, we are good on our own. but population in this game really sucks, so don't divide it to a national groups. if u don't like someone, still u can go and kill him.
i don't want to start it here again, so plz lets stop this all and be more patient.
p.s. if russians from other clans want to join us, may they just contact us ingame.

Biglines
25-08-10, 11:04
this is only in reply to Linear's question why it was called spam!

spam is usually used as things noone wants in their email boxes, or keeps repeating the same over and over. To everyone but Russians, a lot of Russian can become spam if it overflows the channel, because ever line is the same to us, completely incomprehensible. (completely unable to understand)

If I were to type gibberish (like fjioewrjsfoejwaofjeowa) on help at the same intervals as the Russian was spoken there at the time, people would call me spammer (amongst other things ;)). And regretfully, for most people Russian is far less understandable and could just as well look like fejwioafjeowafjoewajfoaw.

Linear
25-08-10, 11:34
Biglines.
i understand that. but just for you know - noone shout's "stop that english spam", NEVER. even if they don't understand it. of course, english is kinda international language (even now we write on it, hehe), but that doesn't mean everyone know it by default. when count of russians ingame was low, we wrote the same 1 russian over 10 english messages. thats hard, but we never called that spam, even when someone of us asking how to make that goddamn quest, when someone else insult each other, flaming and just writting "haha me own ya" on 10 chat screens. so who is spamming here?

Gau
25-08-10, 11:55
though one small point there dude not meanin to be insultin
but the lang on terra is eng so that would never be said :S

however i do play a loot o online games an on some servers
i play a LOT eng is not the lang so iff i ask for help to often
i am flamed as a spammer :( so i have to whisper ppl for help
an hope there kind folk...

as a rul ppl on the whole are like me an big an the rest o us
king understandin an generus *if we can be in game*
unfortunatly there is still a number of the bad eliment on
NC..

just please dont judge us al by them standards :)

ohh an iff you doo need anything dont use the NC wiki or THNet
just ask Biggy he still knows more than i have ever bout the game
prolly cuz i forgot most o it :P

Linear
25-08-10, 12:23
if all the non-eng players will left terra, how many ppl will remain online?

*Dazz*
25-08-10, 12:29
if all the non-eng players will left terra, how many ppl will remain online?

Me o_O

Dr Phil
25-08-10, 12:33
Must.. not... call.. people.. bad.. names...

Gau
25-08-10, 12:34
on terra iff all the native eng speakers left i think that would be a HUGE chenk gone :(

but hey were all die hards now looool

Linear
25-08-10, 12:40
and hey, a lot of u guys now know at least "privet" :lol:

Gau
25-08-10, 12:43
looool

it is funny i am sat in a trainin course learnin swedish but what am i doin
trollin the NC forums an chattin

showws how good it is today

Biglines
25-08-10, 13:01
Biglines.
i understand that. but just for you know - noone shout's "stop that english spam", NEVER. even if they don't understand it. of course, english is kinda international language (even now we write on it, hehe), but that doesn't mean everyone know it by default. when count of russians ingame was low, we wrote the same 1 russian over 10 english messages. thats hard, but we never called that spam, even when someone of us asking how to make that goddamn quest, when someone else insult each other, flaming and just writting "haha me own ya" on 10 chat screens. so who is spamming here?
if you don't know any english, you simply don't belong on terra, as you need to know english in order to be able to get support etc. I have absolutely nothing against other nationalities (hell, I'm not english :P), but english is default language, while I don't mind people speaking other languages, it can never be compared to speaking English on there.

William Antrim
25-08-10, 14:12
Or you can learn german and play on mars like i did. The gerries loved it when i tried (badly) to speak their language. I even got messages going "dude youre obviously not german so whats up?" and "how can i help ya haha" and stuff.

Linear
25-08-10, 14:28
so i should go pay some money and learn english on that "ïntermediate" or whatever-it-called level just for play a game? oh shit. i can know english right enough to understand whats going on around and what do that morpheus want, or even worse. and still if i know there were some russians around, i can expect they help me on my own language. noone write tickets everytime he can't kill a spidey, and english don't make my CS shoot faster. Second thing is, i can learn english here ingame later just looking around and sitting with dictionaries. hell i've learned the basics playing fallout 2 about 10 years ago. that helps me a lot. and at last, but not at least, there is no damn word in game description saying i should know english well and use it only on terra.

Dr Phil
25-08-10, 14:31
Dont russians learn english in school? o_O

Neallys
25-08-10, 14:32
[ edited ]

Dr Phil
25-08-10, 14:33
[ edited ]
Ah yea ofc.. :lol:

Linear
25-08-10, 14:46
we do. but if u have not enough practice, u forget it quickly. btw, there is kinda barrier - those who can't understand even jones missions, don't stay online for long
and stop that shit about vodka - we don't touch your whiskey :lol:

Nidhogg
25-08-10, 14:52
Let me try and clear things up, here. Russian players are perfectly entitled to speak Russian on Terra. This includes the chat channels (providing they're used properly).

Dr Phil
25-08-10, 14:53
Vodka is not a bad thing..

About having english in school.. I havent had english in school for 10 years, so thats really no excuse..

Only place ive used english since i went to school was in NC, forums and the few times ive been out of the country.

EDIT: well again, i have no idea how russian schools works..
Dont you have english tv though?

Biglines
25-08-10, 14:58
Dont russians learn english in school? o_O
most countries don't do languages by default, yes you can pick it, but not everyone does. It's mostly western europe that learns english by default

I mean, america and uk don't learn any other languages unless they pick those languages (although america learns spanish a lot now i think)

William Antrim
25-08-10, 15:06
We learn french in school prior to picking options at gcse exam level. So yeah if Venus was still here I'd be more than capable of playing there.

I say let the russians speak in cyrillic or however you spell it. More players is better surely.

Biglines
25-08-10, 15:20
We learn french in school prior to picking options at gcse exam level. So yeah if Venus was still here I'd be more than capable of playing there.

I say let the russians speak in cyrillic or however you spell it. More players is better surely.
it was never really about where they're from, but that they were spamming help chat with buddy talk in a language no1 could participate in.

Linear
25-08-10, 15:32
sadly, nc doen't support cyrillic, so we using transliteration. maybe developers can include this someday, dunno.
about our schools - we should learn at least one foreign language, but often we can choose between german, enghlish and french - that depends of city and school tbh. what for me - i've studied german in school, english in games and university.

to KK_Nidhogg: great thanks for clearing this situation! still, most of us will stay in runner services - tech haven, as long as it stay unused for other things

flib
29-08-10, 19:15
sadly, nc doen't support cyrillic, so we using transliteration. maybe developers can include this someday, dunno.
I'd like to think they have higher priorities than that (the promised patch, fixing the anti-cheat patch), but I could actually see them doing that -_-

Linear
30-08-10, 08:17
they do. about a week or two we saw Hoder testing apu spells, trying to understang how that damage hack works. also he said they really working on that anti-cheat patch and then maybe bring some new content. i think we just should wait. anyway, population growing, and yesterday there was 5% on terra.

flib
30-08-10, 09:36
I'll come back when Neocron is officially back, that way I can bring my friends and not have to explain why certain aspects of the game (apu, melee) are completely broken and not fun to play at all, but that it will probably be fixed once the next patch comes out! >_>
That, and the clan I'm in probably isn't coming back until then either. :)

Biglines
30-08-10, 12:13
I'll come back when Neocron is officially back, that way I can bring my friends and not have to explain why certain aspects of the game (apu, melee) are completely broken and not fun to play at all, but that it will probably be fixed once the next patch comes out! >_>
That, and the clan I'm in probably isn't coming back until then either. :)
lol, only thing that might be fixed a bit is cheating.

but I'm having surprisingly high amounts of fun with apu atm, with a good setup and 2 or 3 drugs it's surprisingly viable

Garfield
30-08-10, 15:19
lol, only thing that might be fixed a bit is cheating.

but I'm having surprisingly high amounts of fun with apu atm, with a good setup and 2 or 3 drugs it's surprisingly viable

so is melee id say, well still not that ace as it was but fun

Dr Phil
30-08-10, 15:33
Yea both melee and MC is fun as hell still.
Who has ever played a mmo with different classes, that had perfect balance?

The main problem is how little it would take to fix apus and melees, and that it just isnt being done.

APUs; Up the dmg a bit, add some DoTs to some of the spells.

Melee; Lower the stam drain (seriously wtf is up with the stam drain for melee :wtf: ), up the dmg a bit.

But hey this has been talked about a million times before :rolleyes:

Darkana
30-08-10, 16:12
What about leveling a melee char? Just this morning someone was asking for where to level (was xx/30). All the "oldschool" leveling places are way over the top for single player (i.e. swamp caves used to be a good place), and Regants gets critical once you find the first crawler poking your guts. Yes, lomming to H-C is an option, but I don't see that as a solution, after all you are not melee any more afterwards. Any ideas, especially towards high(er) levels?

Dr Phil
30-08-10, 16:33
Ah yes leveling as melee..
Thats a tough one tbh..
I had a melee tank with 98 str.. lommed him to HC to cap, instead of even trying with melee.

Honestly dont know how to level as melee..
Only semi viable way to do it, would be something with a team in regants, where the team-mates gets agro, so the tank can beat the mobs from behind with a laserblade or something like that.

Biglines
30-08-10, 17:54
I'd say the only way is firemobs if you have a ppu up your ass

Dr Phil
30-08-10, 23:20
I'd say the only way is firemobs if you have a ppu up your ass
As melee?! 8|

Garfield
30-08-10, 23:28
WBs and the swamp caves with water in it aint that harsh as solo melee tank...

but we are bit off topic arent we?! :angel: (well me thinks this thread s ready to close since mr Nidhogg enlighted us)

Kanedax
31-08-10, 15:07
WBs and the swamp caves with water in it aint that harsh as solo melee tank...

but we are bit off topic arent we?! :angel: (well me thinks this thread s ready to close since mr Nidhogg enlighted us)

SEX!!

Biglines
31-08-10, 20:35
not sex, leveling solo in those caves means you don't get enough sex, otherwise you wudnt be doing it....

(yes im drunk, ignore anything I say)

Morpheus
31-08-10, 22:24
...well me thinks this thread s ready to close since mr Nidhogg enlighted us...
whom else could we give a break then? any chinese runners around :P

flib
01-09-10, 23:48
not sex, leveling solo in those caves means you don't get enough sex, otherwise you wudnt be doing it....
Depends on what you're into.