PDA

View Full Version : System Shock 2?

MrTrip
01-08-10, 06:06
So, does anybody remember this game? I'm sure a lot of you die hard NC fans do.

I was doing a project one day of making a Neocron area in System Shock 2...using ShockEd..

I have lost the map, but I remember taking a few sounds from NC and using them in the map, personal use only not to gain from, and just for fun.

Anyway, I recently found a project I was part of, CCP (Citadel Conversion Project) to port System Shock 1 to 2, but I left the project after the founder left.

Well, I loaded up the first level and ran around in it and...well I got a nice surprise when I went into the elevator. I thought I'd share it with you guys..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHjwADTO1bo

Biglines
01-08-10, 11:11
lol, is that voice a speech synthesiser? cuz can't remember in nc actually using those words (even in different patterns) in order to cut that together...

MrTrip
01-08-10, 11:17
lol, is that voice a speech synthesiser? cuz can't remember in nc actually using those words (even in different patterns) in order to cut that together...

That is a direct wav from Neocron

Hell-demon
01-08-10, 14:25
I played SS2, its great with some of the mods they have out at the moment. Played some of the fan made maps but they were cringe worthy 8|

I say make an nc map. It would be cool.

MrTrip
01-08-10, 23:01
I played SS2, its great with some of the mods they have out at the moment. Played some of the fan made maps but they were cringe worthy 8|

I say make an nc map. It would be cool.

I could do the NC map, but now what part of NC? lol I'm not looking to recreate Plaza 1 or anything....oh hell maybe I'll do Plaza 1.

[Edit] I'm doing a Viarosso apartment first, but adding on to it...

Hell-demon
01-08-10, 23:42
Done to death. How about the nc subway system? Quite creepy. Just you and a wrench down there, and unspeakable horrors in the dark :)

MrTrip
01-08-10, 23:47
Done to death. How about the nc subway system? Quite creepy. Just you and a wrench down there, and unspeakable horrors in the dark :)

That actually does sound good, but that was recently done in that DM map remember?

Suppose I could do some part of outzone...that would be interesting, but there is no brick texture really :\...could do part of Tech Haven, since there is a lot of technical crap...actually yeah I'll do TH 2. I'll make it quite horrifying.

Hell-demon
02-08-10, 02:56
Tried using the deus ex map editor?

MrTrip
02-08-10, 03:08
Tried using the deus ex map editor?

I have actually, I kind of liked it. I could try messing around with it again maybe too...not sure. I have to pick one and stick with it for awhile.

I have been toying with the FEAR editor, and I have UDK installed, but again I haven't used either of those to their potential.

ShockED is the only one I have ever really used to a great extent.

Hell-demon
02-08-10, 03:10
You could make Regants. Gives you an excuse to use the hybrids.

MrTrip
02-08-10, 03:38
You could make Regants. Gives you an excuse to use the hybrids.

Regants is pretty basic though and boring. Its just a giant blocky crap hole.

I'd have to make Regants lab....ohhhhhhhhh I can do that. Regants lab but add a bunch more shit to it....Yeah. I know what I'm going to make now :D

MrTrip
02-08-10, 05:26
Well, I need some screen shots of the area, but I'm deathly afraid to move my PPU from P1 with all the problems going on. If I lost my rare arti pad I'd shit myself sideways.

:\ Anybody want to go get me a ton of screen shots from the lab?

MrTrip
02-08-10, 06:47

http://soundcloud.com/phys1ks/uncomprimising-hot-sex

Original wav

Biglines
02-08-10, 10:15
Well, I need some screen shots of the area, but I'm deathly afraid to move my PPU from P1 with all the problems going on. If I lost my rare arti pad I'd shit myself sideways.

:\ Anybody want to go get me a ton of screen shots from the lab?
what problems? since they patched back to 168 there haven't been any problems.

plus the rollbacks only lost your shit in boxes/gogo/trade/apps

Hell-demon
02-08-10, 14:37
You could make the protopharm labs, which lead into plaza 2. Start in the labs and work your way into the plaza sector, killing nasties and collecting implants along the way.

MrTrip
02-08-10, 17:21
You could make the protopharm labs, which lead into plaza 2. Start in the labs and work your way into the plaza sector, killing nasties and collecting implants along the way.

Thats a pretty straight forward small map though, I'd have to put a lot of extra detail and crap in it to make it even worth it.

MrTrip
02-08-10, 18:35
I've started on Regants Lab, I'll post some screen shots soon. I figured I'd make it like it JUST happened, you know, the genotoxic stuff. With a lot more detail added to the map of course and some goodies and a few extra rooms...

I'm at work now though, but I'll be back on it tonight with a screen shot update.

Hell-demon
03-08-10, 03:41
I wanted to make my own ss2 map a few years back. You would play an out of work bum who always dreamed of being in space exploring the stars. One day he does manage to get a job on a spaceship owned by the Tri-optimum corp...just as a janitor.

While on a routine cargo run to an off world colony the ship is shot down by the colonies defence systems. As the ship crash lands on the planet only one person survives. Fully augmented and pissed off, our plucky janitor must survive and escape off a doomed planet infested with The Many.

MrTrip
03-08-10, 04:46
I wanted to make my own ss2 map a few years back. You would play an out of work bum who always dreamed of being in space exploring the stars. One day he does manage to get a job on a spaceship owned by the Tri-optimum corp...just as a janitor.

While on a routine cargo run to an off world colony the ship is shot down by the colonies defence systems. As the ship crash lands on the planet only one person survives. Fully augmented and pissed off, our plucky janitor must survive and escape off a doomed planet infested with The Many.

lol wanna learn? I'll teach you how to map and help you make it.

Hell-demon
12-08-10, 01:06
Progress?

MrTrip
12-08-10, 01:11
Progress?

Still doing it in my spare time. Got pissed at two days ago and haven't touched it yet. I'll post up some screen shots when I get lighting and some objects in.