PDA

View Full Version : Server downtime - Patch #174 (back to #168)

Chenoa
22-07-10, 14:20
We are sorry, but we have to patch "back" to #168 for now - but it's #174

The DEVs will continue working at this Code patch, but its more important to bring the Hamster back in its wheel :)

I hope everything is fine again for everyone when the server will be up again. If not, please let me know here!

If everything is ok then... I will bring a bit more action on the servers at the weekend! :D

Chen

evs
22-07-10, 14:26
better up than down!

Biglines
22-07-10, 14:26
so all the hackers will be back to hacking as well?

Brammers
22-07-10, 15:21
so all the hackers will be back to hacking as well?

Think about it, if they are patching back to 168...

Let's hope the devs can fix it soon and bring us patch 175.

Biglines
22-07-10, 15:23

it was kind of a rhetorical question ;)

but ye, let's hope... just wondering how they're going to fix it offline if the new patch used to work offline?

Chenoa
22-07-10, 15:53

Yes, hopefully very soon :)

Server up now!

Faid
22-07-10, 17:44
It's pointless having the servers up if the hackers are still there...

Kanedax
22-07-10, 18:37
It's pointless having the servers up if the hackers are still there...

I concur

evs
22-07-10, 19:01
Stuck in black screen and 'sync' when i select a character.

Eventually times out with world host error (Terra)

sojuro
22-07-10, 19:16
Same here, can't get into Terra but can get into Mars.

Biglines
22-07-10, 19:21
Chenoa I'm not sure if this as obvious to the devs as it seem to me, but the devs do know that the servers were fucked up for months even before the patch right? longs syncs, rollbacks, trouble logging in was not as bad as it was after the patch, but you're not just dealing with the patch, but also with the fact the server have been fucked up ever since they were moved/maintained a few months back, so it's not just the server software, but something that changed already months ago, so maybe even something at your datacenter or server infrastructure?
so, now we don't have anti cheat, but the servers are still fucked... like they were, and which was one of the reasons they were getting emptier and emptier, and the other reason they got emptier isn't addressed without the patch either...

tbh, I'm not gonna bother playing until anticheat patch works

Chenoa
22-07-10, 19:25
Terra reboot is ordered, dunno when.

And stop it please.
The DEVs decided to bring the server back to #168, be sure, they know why and what to do.
They're still working on it and will bring the new patch online as soon as possible. Until then we have to wait.

You know you can report everything to
bugreports@neocron.com or
exploits@neocron.com

Everything could help except flame. Believe me it's really known. Thx.

Chen

Biglines
22-07-10, 19:32
I wasn't trying to flame, I was stating that I prefer not playing over playing a game where the cheaters can still play and the servers still don't work properly because of rollbacks and long syncs?

as in feedback: prefer the servers to be down and work being done than being up without a patch and still crashing/rollbacks

Brammers
22-07-10, 22:10
I can get onto Mars, but not onto Terra. The client just sits there doing nothing.

I did notice when trying the 2nd time, Terra was offline, but was back online a few mins later.

hybok
23-07-10, 00:04
i really dont kno why i bother..

i think kk/nc is the only game in existance where after 2 years after no patch or anything they actually go backwards and make the game worse.. which tbh for the state neocron was pre patch i didnt think was physically possible..

GG

DarkPhoenix
23-07-10, 03:17
Then don't play.

Bitching and moaning helps no one.

Reaction77
23-07-10, 04:12
Then don't play.
I don't know if you noticed, but a lot of people have taken this option.

MrTrip
23-07-10, 04:48
I don't know if you noticed, but a lot of people have taken this option.

*everybody has

evs
23-07-10, 11:09
Same problem as yesterday, choose character - stuck in black synchronising loop which eventually times out.

Creating a new character on terra has the same result.

Can create a character and login on both Mercury & Mars

Chenoa
23-07-10, 11:35
Dev restarted Terra, please try it out and report here. I can't, not at home atm, sorry.

Thanatos
23-07-10, 11:38
Terra is running now, sorry for the inconveniences.

evs
23-07-10, 11:58
In ok - loaded up straight away.

Biglines
24-07-10, 01:08
so chenoa can pass this on:

benches in p1 are for some reason still missing

Jodo
24-07-10, 01:59
so chenoa can pass this on:

benches in p1 are for some reason still missing

Doesn't Hoder usually put them there himself as they aren't permenant fixtures? I think it's in his job description or something, "Bench Attendant". :p

MrTrip
24-07-10, 03:20
Doesn't Hoder usually put them there himself as they aren't permenant fixtures? I think it's in his job description or something, "Bench Attendant". :p

This is true.

Reaction77
24-07-10, 06:28
I think they aren't permanent, because they are actually Hoder. He just likes it when you sit on his lap. I heard he likes that kinda thing! :D

Neallys
24-07-10, 11:51
Terra is still a little bit hard on the syncs.
I have the slight feeling that this whole patching thing forced Reakktor to actually work on Neocron and that easily-giving-up feeling really shows how little they care about it anymore.

PSHH, Hello! You must wake up, this is the best title you have ever made out and if there was something to be working on it is, this thing.
(I know, this has been said over & over. But, who cares for one more)

Chenoa
24-07-10, 21:33
If everything is ok then... I will bring a bit more action on the servers at the weekend!

You should open your OOC Channel Sunday evening ~ 8pm CEST!

:angel:

Morpheus
25-07-10, 00:55
You should open your OOC Channel Sunday evening ~ 8pm CEST!

:angel:
HA! Good to know ;)

Nytewolf2k7
25-07-10, 03:56
I think they aren't permanent, because they are actually Hoder. He just likes it when you sit on his lap. I heard he likes that kinda thing! :D
I'm never sitting on another bench again :lol:

wee man wee
25-07-10, 15:37
I am waiting for the patches, but just can't wait anymore.. I have to log in :P (Even tho I promised myself I won't log in untill theres a working patch.. oh well...)

Biglines
25-07-10, 21:01
keep getting weird disconnects, i keep connected, but everything around me disappears

i can chat but not do things

Biglines
25-07-10, 21:58
after some initial trouble the event was great fun, in the end especially it was very difficult as about 5 scorpion queens were spawned :D

no one would admit to getting any items tho, so no idea if there were any good loots around :D

I forgot to make screenshots this time, but the turnup was at least 20 people over time!

Garfield
28-07-10, 21:00
since when is the drone racetrack closed? bug or by purpose?

most hoverbots arent lootable anymore :( , well thoose at the TH zone arent.after hacking them ull get the message: you cant do this action yet, please try it later again.

it just sucks because the 120/120 hoverbomber there are the one and only wich droping the termi quad items.
also these mobs only apear after server reboots....

Biglines
28-07-10, 21:50

most hoverbots arent lootable anymore :( , well thoose at the TH zone arent.after hacking them ull get the message: you cant do this action yet, please try it later again.

it just sucks because the 120/120 hoverbomber there are the one and only wich droping the termi quad items.
hoverbombers have been fucked up to hack and loot for years, it's possible but u gotta be lucky since the hack hitbox is located at a totally different position to the loot hitbox, and since ull be clicking ur ass off to find it u always overload the thing

Dirus
05-08-10, 13:16

Hoverbombers aren't the only ones. If it drops tech parts then it has a chance at dropping Termi parts. The game isn't setup to pick one over the other in sense where this mob only drops these tech parts. They're all in one group. I checked ;)

hoverbombers have been fucked up to hack and loot for years, it's possible but u gotta be lucky since the hack hitbox is located at a totally different position to the loot hitbox, and since ull be clicking ur ass off to find it u always overload the thing

Looting the Hoverbots has always been a bitch. If you're getting error msgs then usually the reason I found is due to a mismatch in positioning between the client and the server. If you get that msgs, log off and then back in. Chances are you'll find the corpse in a completely different location at which point it should be lootable. This of course relies on a somewhat stable connection.. take too long to log back in and the corpse may decay before you can complete any of it.

Morpheus
05-08-10, 15:34
... log off and then back in. Chances are you'll find the corpse in a completely different location at which point it should be lootable ...
I didn't know that "trick" yet - thx for sharing :)

Neallys
05-08-10, 18:39
I didn't know that "trick" yet - thx for sharing :)

Another tip: There isn't any chance that you loose the loot if you right-click the mob just when you log back in. As long as you right-click the mob and it state that you need to hack it, the mob will not disappear.

CMaster
05-08-10, 20:24
Hoverbombers aren't the only ones. If it drops tech parts then it has a chance at dropping Termi parts. The game isn't setup to pick one over the other in sense where this mob only drops these tech parts. They're all in one group. I checked ;)

No, he's talking about the terminator quad bike. If you blow it up, the only way to repair it is with some very rare (possibly not all drop) parts from hoverbombers. Getting these is quite a lot harder than doing the quad mission in the first place.

Garfield
05-08-10, 20:37

for the quest ye true but not the parts u need to get a new key if u blow up your lovley termi-qaud. (narf cmaster was faster ;) )

the relog "trick" isnt anything new tbh.
but before the patching were the "big hoverbot" 105/105 iirc bugged and kinda not lootable.
now its nearly every type of hovermob (dunno about hover eyes and stations, they are useless).

at tristar outpost thers a tree on the left side of the hackterm room, look at him and it says "techdoor" then when u click on it u can take a seat inside the tree. no clue if thats new.
i know a few trees and walls where u can sit inside but ive never realized something like "techdoor" on them

Dirus
05-08-10, 22:31
No, he's talking about the terminator quad bike. If you blow it up, the only way to repair it is with some very rare (possibly not all drop) parts from hoverbombers. Getting these is quite a lot harder than doing the quad mission in the first place.

Meh it's been years, I forgot all about the Quad.

You sure about that?

Hrmm.. *does some digging* Ah.. I see what they did with the parts.. They went about doing it the hard way. From the looks of it they split the 6 needed parts across the 3 different Hoverbombers and not just the 120/120 Giant Hoverbomber.

113/113 Hoverbomber:
NEXT Prototype Advanced Navigation System v2.03 beta
NEXT Prototype Advanced Hybrid Engine

116/116 Big Hoverbomber:
NEXT Prototype Advanced Hybrid Energy Capacitor X-15
NEXT Prototype Advanced Sensor System v1.05 beta

120/120 Giant Hoverbomber:
Tangent Technologies Prototype Vehicle Weapon BIOS v1.003 beta
Tangent Technologies Prototype Targeting System v2.55 beta

Want more Hoverbombers?.. Kill all the Hoverbots and the Fierce Bats.. ;)

at tristar outpost thers a tree on the left side of the hackterm room, look at him and it says "techdoor" then when u click on it u can take a seat inside the tree. no clue if thats new.
i know a few trees and walls where u can sit inside but ive never realized something like "techdoor" on them

That wouldn't be new. Most of those are from way back.

CrushOr
16-08-10, 06:23
Are there any updates on this damn anti hack patch? or was it just some fucking publicity stunt type thing to spark some interest in this fucked up game? That honestly wouldnt surprise me.

I know a lot of people are waiting to play but the prospect of having to play with all the script kiddies and shit is just making them wait and lose interest again.

Garfield
16-08-10, 09:29
I know a lot of people are waiting to play but the prospect of having to play with all the script kiddies and shit is just making them wait and lose interest again.

90% of them left anyway so what the f*** are u ladies waiting for? log on and play with us

Apocalypsox
18-08-10, 04:39
I'm logging in. We'll see what happens.

Logged in, had no money, decided to take my redeemer to kill firemobs. Forgot how much they hurt. Kainen saved my ass by randomly showing up and HEALING ME, i almost pissed myself when he did that. and then I died anyways after he ran off and I went after a hopper at close range.

Biglines
24-08-10, 20:49
so, apart from deceiving people into thinking the game has been patched, could we get some information on the status of the anti-cheat patch? not to mention the promised content patch?

(the deceiving people is related to the fact that the launcher and everything looks like there's been a patch, but no news post that clarifies that nothing has changed, not trolling here...)

MrTrip
25-08-10, 01:35
I'm logging in. We'll see what happens.

Logged in, had no money, decided to take my redeemer to kill firemobs. Forgot how much they hurt. Kainen saved my ass by randomly showing up and HEALING ME, i almost pissed myself when he did that. and then I died anyways after he ran off and I went after a hopper at close range.

Herp Derp Derp da Derpy Derpity.

I'll come heal you little buddy <3

Kanedax
30-08-10, 21:06
I can't wait until this time next year when the new patches are finally released in some working form.

Biglines
30-08-10, 21:21
I can't wait until this time next year when the new patches are finally released in some working form.
next year? damn ur an optimist!

Biglines
30-10-10, 01:48
so, when are these patches coming? because the climate in nc is currently so fucking ridiculous, cheats are not even hidden any more by some people, all the ones that left have returned mostly, and trust is at its ultimate low in like 2 years... can we get these patches already so at least some of us can enjoy this game?

none of the gm's that handle exploits@neocron.com know what to do with evidence of cheating, since it's not as obvious as turning into a doy tunnel, anything more complicated as that never gets answered or dealt with...

I get that you're focussing on BP, but if you ever wanna have anything happen to nc, you better make sure the current trend of emerging hackers is stopped.

Strife
30-10-10, 15:07
Yeah, would like to know when I can entertain the thought of coming back.

Morpheus
30-10-10, 22:35
it was the best of times
it was the worst of times

neocron won't return. at least not as we remember it from the old days...

enjoy was is left.

DIABLO666
05-11-10, 19:38
Is there changes coming to neocron? improvements? getting rid of hackers? perhaps even some changes to drugs as the stat boosts are very similar to hacks (enough wl drugs and dev becomes insta aim) please say there are!!!!!!! MMO im playing atm is dying and iv always hope neocron would come back!!! still best MMO iv played

Biglines
05-11-10, 19:55
read the rest of the post...

Of course they promised all kinds of things to happen within 3 months, but that was more than a year ago. They messed up writing an anticheat patch, so nothing has changed, and as usual they are completely ignoring us or even letting us know what is happening, they don't care...

IF ever they manage to make a working patch, it will prolly be popped in out of nowhere, breaking half the server, bugging the other half, not work for weeks while it constantly breaks the server, and then start charging us without so much as a content patch

DIABLO666
05-11-10, 22:25
aha, thought this was a new thread from a date, must just have been somebody recently asking if anything was ever going to happen. Oh well =(