PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Lets pass the time!

MrTrip
19-07-10, 05:23
Lets all say ONE THING that we like about Neocron (past or present) without fighting, or trolling, or starting SHIT....so...

Keep it AS SHORT AS POSSIBLE PLEASE, and positive.

I like that Neocron was not like the other MMOs of its day. It really caught my interest, especially in beta, and has kept it all these years. I'll probably never be able to completely stop playing.

extract
19-07-10, 05:39
I love the setups, the weapons, the fighting style, the people i hate and love to kill.(past and present)

yay post 1234

post 12345 arriving oct 2023

nobby
19-07-10, 10:35
One word... Atmosphere

The game has a real calm serene feeling when you're leveling alone and such.

I used to like waking up early at 5am and just leveling by myself at the MB bunker before getting ready for school.

I loved how peaceful it was :)

Dr Phil
19-07-10, 12:04
I love the setups, the weapons, the fighting style
This.
Love the way you build your setup, and love the way you pvp - fast paced pvp ftw :D

a4nic8er
19-07-10, 12:44
Crafting all artifact 4 slot rares, and the fact that it is not common nor easy to do so.

evs
19-07-10, 13:43
I used to love fighting firemobs around graves in Neocron 1 and luring mobs into Escador when I first started out ,

Dribble Joy
19-07-10, 13:54
My Judge(s).

Gau
19-07-10, 14:24
i used to love NC1 when i was hangin out with rabbi fang
making a melee PE an then watchin as he would run off to
PK some poor unsuspecting noob....

:) soo much fun...

or crying in beta 3 when i could no longer pick up others wepons
on death an say Nope wont me dun have your gun....
with a grin on my face when it was a good one looool....

Biglines
19-07-10, 14:25
the first time experience, there's absolutely no game that invokes so much wonder/atmosphere the first time you venture out into the wastelands (or even into pepper park or the outzones)

I can still remember from back in beta 4 or a trial a bit after, saving up for days to buy a chaincraft, and then with my rl mate trying to reach tech haven, being hunted by hover bombers and having trouble even getting up the mountains in that area, my best gaming experience ever, when we finally (literally after hours), it felt like the biggest achievement of our lives! (now I run there in 10 min or drive in 2, but all experience fade over time :D)

danmalone
19-07-10, 17:01
In order...

1. The people
2. The diversity of the game in general.
3. Customisation (set-ups and appt decoration)
4. Crafting + rares system

Think that covers the majority of it for me :P

MrTrip
19-07-10, 18:38
the first time experience, there's absolutely no game that invokes so much wonder/atmosphere the first time you venture out into the wastelands (or even into pepper park or the outzones)

I can still remember from back in beta 4 or a trial a bit after, saving up for days to buy a chaincraft, and then with my rl mate trying to reach tech haven, being hunted by hover bombers and having trouble even getting up the mountains in that area, my best gaming experience ever, when we finally (literally after hours), it felt like the biggest achievement of our lives! (now I run there in 10 min or drive in 2, but all experience fade over time :D)

I remember my first hike to the military base. It took me at least an hour to get there, but I ran into at least 5 or 6 people on the way. It was a lot of fun and I felt awesome when I arrived......................except when I fell down the elevator shaft and had to start all over again :( I swear, that thing was just one big joke for noobs.

Dr Phil
19-07-10, 19:28
except when I fell down the elevator shaft and had to start all over again :( I swear, that thing was just one big joke for noobs.
Hah! Yea thats one evil place for newbs :D

Morpheus
19-07-10, 20:20
For someone like me, who's only online experiences where made through CS and UT so far (2003), Neocron seemed to be limitless in many ways...

There is only one word i could use to describe what i feld in those days: overwhelmed

Morpheus

Faid
20-07-10, 01:36
For me it was the total and absolute immersiveness of the game. Neocron was the first MMO I ever played, it was like a second home where everyone knew everyone else, there was a certain intimacy about it, a personal connection you don't really get with other games.

Codrum
20-07-10, 06:13
For me it was the total and absolute immersiveness of the game. Neocron was the first MMO I ever played, it was like a second home where everyone knew everyone else, there was a certain intimacy about it, a personal connection you don't really get with other games.

ditto...

hybok
21-07-10, 20:24
I can't believe im saying this with the ammount of hate ive received off this game and arseholes that are on it.. but it really is...

THE COMMUNITY!

without all the die hard players that keep coming back to the game again and again (myself included ofc) this game wouldnt exist now. and you kno who you are!

other than that.. its the main selling point to the game.. and that is FPS BASED COMBAT WITH MMO WEAPON/POINT/LEVELING SYSTEM.

AND

DIVERSITY OF CHARACTERS(melee spies and such :D:D)

NS_CHROME54
21-07-10, 23:00
Figured I would chime in. Even though I haven't played in a little while, I occasionally pop in to see how things are doing. Good to see there's finally been a patch, not so good how things are working at the moment.

Like many, the community was the single most important part of the game. The people in Neocron seemed somehow more real than the players in other MMO's that I've played. I was once the guild leader of one of the largest guilds on my WoW server, and even within the guild, things often felt somewhat impersonal. Outside of the guild, forget about it, EVERYONE else was a faceless automaton. But in Neocron, even the people that you fight with and kill (with some exceptions) just seemed to have a greater impact on my game life.

Other than that, the skill system is utterly perfect. Even in other MMO's that I play, I often cite Neocron as having the best combat mechanics of any MMO I've ever played. While I'm not a huge fan of the pace of the PvE combat simply due to the time it takes to kill some mobs solo, or the ganky nature of world PvP, the glorious carnage of op fights is a wonder to behold... at least when there are enough people involved.

The crafting system was also very well thought out and involves several different parties to accomplish a single task, which is a nice change from other games.

Also, nothing looks cooler than NC's power armour. :)

In February next year, it will have been 10 years since I first signed up on the forums (my join date on the side says April because that's when they switched from a UBB Forum with an unfixably corrupt database to the current VBulletin setup). Even though I don't really play any more, the game still feels like an integral part of my identity, as if I was shaped as a person by my time spent in Neocron.

I will say this though. Sometime last year, August, I think, I did try coming back. I figured that if some people would log in and simply bite the bullet, that would encourage others to come back as well. Unfortunately it didn't work for me, and I eventually stopped playing. This game is truly at its best when there are lots of players, and that hasn't been the case for a long time. I do wish more people would come back though, because when this game is fun, it's fun. Alas, for me anyway, the fun factor is directly proportional to how many people are playing.

Maybe when Black Prophecy comes out (which I will be playing), KK can do some cross promotion. :D

Danae
22-07-10, 00:50
I'll give you my 2 cents. The friends I've made, to me, is what has made NC. The community these friends came from, the lessons and dynamic personalities and cultures I have had the opportunity to experience because of all of you.

Meeting so many of you in person; Niddorz, Dribble, Darkness Fairy, Eckel, CK_Vega, Ithaqua, MrBane, Elric - and most importantly Oath :P I have never known such wonderful people before and I never would have met them if it hadn't been for Neocron.

I wub joo feckers!

Genji
23-07-10, 06:21
leveling as a melee monk on mutants warriors and getting mad when I found out my str wouldn't go past 20...good times