PDA

View Full Version : helpdesk@neocron.com not available

Morpheus
01-07-10, 20:22
I was told to do support requests via email only, unfortunately the email adress i was given doesn't seem to be working correctely!?

Source: http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=144365

If you are having difficulties with the in-game ticketing system please use the official out of game support channel via helpdesk@neocron.com. Please remember the forums are not an official route of support.

Mailerdaemon:
-------------
Hello xxx,

Your message could not be delivered because of previous failures during delivery attempts to this mailing list. Please update the list with valid addresses.

This is an example of some of the bounces we received:

----------------------------------------------
Recipient: ot..@mail.reakktor.info

The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=7720
[reakktor.info. (10): Connection reset by peer]

If you have questions related to this or any other Google Group, visit the Help Center at http://www.google.com/support/a/neocron.com/bin/static.py?hl=en_US&page=groups.cs.

Thanks,

neocron.com admins

----- Original message -----
bla bla

br morph

zii
01-07-10, 21:54
Why does the MX record for neocron.com point to googlemail? Can you afford a mail server? ;) Classic :lol:

> set type=mx
> neocron.com
Server: vnsc-lc.sys.gtei.net
Address: 4.2.2.3

Non-authoritative answer:
neocron.com MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = ASPMX5.GOOGLEMAIL.com
neocron.com MX preference = 1, mail exchanger = ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.com
neocron.com MX preference = 5, mail exchanger = ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.com
neocron.com MX preference = 5, mail exchanger = ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.com
neocron.com MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.com
neocron.com MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = ASPMX3.GOOGLEMAIL.com
neocron.com MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = ASPMX4.GOOGLEMAIL.com

Biglines
02-07-10, 00:18
Why does the MX record for neocron.com point to googlemail? Can you afford a mail server? ;) Classic :lol:

> set type=mx
> neocron.com
Server: vnsc-lc.sys.gtei.net
Address: 4.2.2.3

Non-authoritative answer:
neocron.com MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = ASPMX5.GOOGLEMAIL.com
neocron.com MX preference = 1, mail exchanger = ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.com
neocron.com MX preference = 5, mail exchanger = ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.com
neocron.com MX preference = 5, mail exchanger = ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.com
neocron.com MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.com
neocron.com MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = ASPMX3.GOOGLEMAIL.com
neocron.com MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = ASPMX4.GOOGLEMAIL.com
considering the very very very bad datacenter they have, it doesn't surprise me they use google for mail tbh

Morpheus
02-07-10, 00:35
considering the very very very bad datacenter they have, it doesn't surprise me they use google for mail tbh
could that be the reason for those many many connection losses ingame?

Brammers
02-07-10, 01:06

The other reason KK uses Google Mail (Or Google Applications) is to keep the mail server administration down. No mail servers, spam management, or other things to worry about. All you have to worry about is setting up users, and reading the emails.

Of course, you are relying on Google to keeping their server's running, which they do most of the time. ;)

Biglines
02-07-10, 02:18
The other reason KK uses Google Mail (Or Google Applications) is to keep the mail server administration down. No mail servers, spam management, or other things to worry about. All you have to worry about is setting up users, and reading the emails.

Of course, you are relying on Google to keeping their server's running, which they do most of the time. ;)
my comment was mostly based on the fact that no data center that I know of dares to let their customers wait over the weekend before fixing their shit, which happens with KK's servers almost every time (if what they say is true and it's all the data center's fault). Also the fact that they screwed up their dns entries for weeks.

ofc the fact remains that KK also cant be bother to fix the problems with the rollbacks, after more than 2 months of constant rollbacks with clear information on when the rollbacks happen (hell, even the connection logs should show the exact times, but that would mean actually investing time in NC)

Garfield
02-07-10, 05:46
oh and that might explain why weve never got any sort of advertisment mail about NC.
whether KK stores the data of its customers on her own harddrives ? 8|

Nidhogg
02-07-10, 10:24
We're looking into this. I'll post when I have some news...

zii
02-07-10, 14:42
I would presume that lack of things is due to Black Prophecy. In the meantime I am playing NC and http://sauerbraten.org/ , which is good Quake type game based on the Cube2 engine. Its really good. And free. I have 200fps on my 2005 released 128Mb nvidia card. Playing this really helps my targeting in Neocron :) I did play Nexuiz, but Sauerbraten is far better.

Biglines
02-07-10, 15:09
a proper fps helps u aim in neocon? neocron has a totally different aiming system? whenever I play other fpses for a while my aim in neocron totally screws up... (as in, I can give constant hs streaks in CSS, but can't hit shit in neocron afterwards..

but ah well, if it works for you ;)

zii
02-07-10, 20:28
It seems to. No idea why it does.

/edit:
2-1 - Yeah :D I'm off into the merry throng outside on the street.

daughterolilith
03-07-10, 02:23
Biglines, you realise you aren't being charged so you aren't actually a "customer"? Stop complaining about something they are providing out of the goodness of their hearts or maybe they'll just close it down if you are ungrateful enough...

Biglines
03-07-10, 11:34
Biglines, you realise you aren't being charged so you aren't actually a "customer"? Stop complaining about something they are providing out of the goodness of their hearts or maybe they'll just close it down if you are ungrateful enough...
We could go into a long discussion on this topic, but as this has been discussed numeral times I'll just list my points in one go, and stop talking after that: it's naive to think KK runs NC out of the goodness of their hearts, they have officially stated that they're running it because in the future they want to start payment again. That said, I did pay for the game, paid for years, and the complaints are relevant for those times as well.

Also, most of my complaints are actually against Actual promises made by KK, which they blatantly ignore, and don't even bother communicating about. For example over 9 months ago now, they said that in the next 3 months they would have a patch out and payment would resume again. 6 months after that announcement the only communication we even received was from a GM that told us there was some other stuff going on but couldn't comment too much.

plus in this topic I was talking about a proper fps as in a game that is only fps, not mmo, I have no problem with neocron's aiming system, it's just not the way a "proper", or "generic" or "average" fps works, so it was weird to me that playing one of those fps'es would improve neocron aiming.

unless you're talking about my argueing against their datacenter, which factually is crap, unless KK is lieing to us and all the outages are actually caused by them. (a datacenter that doesn't work over the weekend is a crap datacenter, almost every single server outage has been officially attributed to "problems at the datacenter")

zii
03-07-10, 12:06
That said, I did pay for the game, paid for years, and the complaints are relevant for those times as well.
As far as I know I am paying. PayByCash. 6 months in advance.

Also, most of my complaints are actually against Actual promises made by KK, which they blatantly ignore, and don't even bother communicating about.
Still, no patch. All I have heard of is the random banning of cheaters, and I've read about some random spawns.

unless you're talking about my argueing against their datacenter, which factually is crap, unless KK is lieing to us and all the outages are actually caused by them. (a datacenter that doesn't work over the weekend is a crap datacenter, almost every single server outage has been officially attributed to "problems at the datacenter")

Data centres always provide out of hours support. Cheap and nasty datacentres tend to go under. However, data centres won't necessarily work on the server on the weekend if the client did not buy the out of hours support contract. We have no idea what KK's relationship with the company is, that provides the hosting/data centre.

Biglines
03-07-10, 12:17
Data centres always provide out of hours support. Cheap and nasty datacentres tend to go under. However, data centres won't necessarily work on the server on the weekend if the client did not buy the out of hours support contract. We have no idea what KK's relationship with the company is, that provides the hosting/data centre.
True, I naively assumed an mmo provider would try to keep their servers running in the weekends.

btw mate, I keep missing u ingame, when do u normally play?

zii
03-07-10, 17:42
For the last week I have been dropping in briefly for 30 mins around 22hrs, but seen few, and leave. Sometimes earlier. On Thursday I went into P2 and had to wait 30 seconds for the zone to load because no sod had been in there for a while. :(