PDA

View Full Version : EGM Volunteers - Event Ideas?

Neallys
27-06-10, 14:27
Fellow NClers,

All the sandwiching makes work mostly impossible for Support GM - On the opposite Reakktor has at their disposal (or I do think so) a bunch of EGM (Events GameMasters) to run events around Neocron as they used to.

It doesn't cost any money, they are volunteers, they can make Terra slightly more active, so what are we waiting for! (oh and please stop with all the "Neocron will always live" blabling, servers up doesn't mean.. Active game). It would actually be cool to roast some mobs with a few runners (because, here's a tip, PvE in Neocron is so boring unless it's an event). :cool:

But for that, we need the EGM, are they still active?
If not, is there a slight possibility of finding new ones? :confused:

Ideas?

- A bunch of Swamp mobs in the aggies
- An outpost attacked by grims
- Ping packets coming out of HN stations all around Via-rosso

I guess my Carebear side is taking over.
:lol:

Biglines
27-06-10, 14:46
according to a reply I got a few years back, there are no event GM's, just complete GM's (could be because I applied for event GM and my criticism of KK was beginning to take shape back then as well ;)), and seeing as there's usually a queue of at least 10 tickets and only one person occasionally banning anyone for reasons we're not allowed to discuss, I don't see too much of this happening.

if by some reason there might be some GM's willing to do this:

- Hunts are fun, like the BYB expedition hosted a year or so back, or the XMas hunt.
- Fight nights for the few remaining legit Pvp'ers would put some of the hacking accusations to rest (when everyone records their client during the fight ;)), the last one I was still a nib playing on a 5 year old laptop (over 2 years ago), so didn't have a chance, now I'd love to see how far I'd come against people recording their clients ;)
- GM auction, although the current economy is thoroughly fucked so not sure what the animo for this would be

Nidhogg
27-06-10, 14:57
Chenoa would be the best person to ask.

Neallys
27-06-10, 15:18
according to a reply I got a few years back, there are no event GM's, just complete GM's (could be because I applied for event GM and my criticism of KK was beginning to take shape back then as well ;)), and seeing as there's usually a queue of at least 10 tickets and only one person occasionally banning anyone for reasons we're not allowed to discuss, I don't see too much of this happening.

if by some reason there might be some GM's willing to do this:

- Hunts are fun, like the BYB expedition hosted a year or so back, or the XMas hunt.
- Fight nights for the few remaining legit Pvp'ers would put some of the hacking accusations to rest (when everyone records their client during the fight ;)), the last one I was still a nib playing on a 5 year old laptop (over 2 years ago), so didn't have a chance, now I'd love to see how far I'd come against people recording their clients ;)
- GM auction, although the current economy is thoroughly fucked so not sure what the animo for this would be

As for the Auction and PvP events, I'm not sure that would happen. As you said PvP events would require people to record their fights, I would be in for that if we can somehow make an easy-going tutorial for people to record themselves. But from here my request is only PvE-wise.

There are supposed to be two separated GM staff, as Nid suggested Chenoa is the person of contact because she is the one who manages the Event team. I have no idea how to directly contact Chenoa, I guess she'll hear about the thread and give us informations here.

I think the problem is, Reakktor isn't much into making customized events. I played on Venus/Pandora for quiet a long time and AD was allowed to do random events, I'm wondering if, considering the current situation, we could switch into that kind of events from now on.

zii
28-06-10, 21:32
Certainly has my support.

Garfield
28-06-10, 22:01
gimme powa ! ill do events every week :D .
bet that wont happen but am gladly help if u want me to

Dr Phil
28-06-10, 22:55
gimme powa ! ill do events every week :D .
bet that wont happen but am gladly help if u want me to
Fatty as EGM would be freaking sweet :D

So uhm.. Fatty as EGM, and me as ingame banhammer! *happy dreams*

MrTrip
29-06-10, 04:37
Chenoa left long time ago. I never see and or hear about her anymore. Also, how did the last auction go? Oh wait, she totally didn't have one...

Its done folks :( We need new active volunteer staff, and we need a campaign to get people back into the game...

Fix accounts so we can create new ones via paypal
Give new people 6 months free game time for signing up during a one week period.
Allow 3 people to become the new EGMs (Volunteer of course) and have DAILY events starting off, tapering down to weekly events after 3 months.
Bam Neocron is back on its feet.

...Thats hard?

extract
29-06-10, 05:01
Fix accounts so we can create new ones via paypal
Give new people 6 months free game time for signing up during a one week period.
Allow 3 people to become the new EGMs (Volunteer of course) and have DAILY events starting off, tapering down to weekly events after 3 months.
Bam Neocron is back on its feet.

...Thats hard?

I really admire your optimism, I do, but if you think thats all it will take to "revive" neocron then you are sadly mistaken.

there are far greater issues at hand which has caused the sudden even more so decrease in our beloved population, not to mention events rarely brought in new players, nor kept old players around. I ultimately beleive the lack of stern policy against and cheating in general is what killed this game.

it takes literally days of being greifed and sending in fraps, screenshots to get one player banned, and for every player banned for cheating 2 more pop up....the fact is there is no way to fully revive nc in my eyes, its been tainted and ruined long ago, the people still around(like me) are just living in a dream world.

it is nice regardless to still have access, and i still own most of you which really equals out to about 3 people

happy trails

Nidhogg
29-06-10, 10:28
Chenoa left long time ago.
I beg to differ.

Biglines
29-06-10, 11:42
I beg to differ.
well as long as she doesn't ;)

it is true tho that there have been loads of events promised and not gone through, and the last time chenoa organized an event on terra is also a long long time ago. Last events I can remember were either Hoder having fun or Hoder supporting a player initiative

Chenoa
29-06-10, 19:06
I am still there ??? Rumours.... tze :)

Feel free to mail me? It never changed... but the feedback about the last events or ideas was zero.....

Looking forward to your mails. As usual: Chenoa@Reakktor.com

:angel:

Neallys
30-06-10, 00:07
I guess I'll reply to that by commenting tonight's PvE event, but first of all I guess I will thanks the GM(s) behind it. Now I am thinking, peopel will be like "omg neal lawl you are pro-KK GMs never ban they are [censored]". BUT, on the other side I guess when people, volunteers more especially are trying to make efforts, that should be pointed out as well (may my dev burn those who shall stand in my way, and i'll bake 'em like BBQ sunday kthx).

I have been playing PPU, supporting my whole team (so, Chelios. Worst tank ever btw :D ) and I have questions, and remarks concerning the event itself.

- Planning the event (because, as you may have noticed, we were lacking people, a few replying here would have wanted to participate I guess).

- The use of the ADMIN channel for the Roleplay/advertising of the EGM. Now I believe they have some kind of limits, if so allowing them to do that would be like..Having chocolate cake during a Work meeting (It happened to me today, heaven.)

- Mobs spawn/location diversity. It's not a surprise if I'm saying we spend most of our Neocron time around Plaza2 all days long, might as well get the hell out of there. Would bring more participation and people wouldn't moan saying "sigh, another typical mob spawn around P2" (yes, this is neocron, people are like that, complaining-whores)

As for the feedback on your e-mail, I would rather not. We got a beautiful and rusty Neocron forum, let's use it for once ;)

Hoder
30-06-10, 18:16
I have questions, and remarks concerning the event itself.All feedback is welcomed.

- Planning the event (because, as you may have noticed, we were lacking people, a few replying here would have wanted to participate I guess).It wasn't planned. Nid and I were online for support purposes and to keep an eye on things generally, then when we found no-one being naughty but a few people levelling quietly, I thought we'd do a little something to entertain the small but loyal population. Something subtle without ruining anyone's fun.

- The use of the ADMIN channel for the Roleplay/advertising of the EGM.That is not necessary given that the first player to spot an out of place mob in the gameworld instantly spams HELP or OOC with that information. As long as we have you guys, we don't need a megaphone ;)

- Mobs spawn/location diversity.We have to be extremely careful here.

Firstly, there is little point spawning in an empty sector. This has been done before and I ended up just deleting the untouched mobs days later. Unattended mobs left in an area where they're not expected would be unfair on new or low level players who would not expect to die there. I do check the zone lists for online players and generally choose to spawn in the zone which has a reasonable number of players. 9 times out of 10, guess which zone that happens to be? One thing we don't like to do is to interrupt outpost battles with mad spawns, so apart from very subtle distractions, those zones are usually left well alone even if heavily populated.

Secondly, whilst we like to provide random fun, we cannot give an unfair advantage to a select few, so we can only use mobs which don't drop valuable loot. Don't expect WOC mobs, MC5 base commanders or boss mobs that drop rare items. Last night's mobs were carefully chosen to provide a little variety, surprise and entertainment, but the most you'll go away with is a little xp and a milky ren or odds and sods of equivalent value.

Finally, where a levelling team is found and it's been decided to add to the existing spawn, we have to check that there is a PPU present to rezz if things get out of hand, as well as being sure that the size and difficulty of spawn doesn't wipe out the whole team in an instant, or doesn't add any particular challenge to the scene. Not only that, but it's preferred to respect the realism of the storyline where possible, so the type of mob doesn't contradict the environment in which they're spawned. In other words, it wouldn't be right to find a load of tech mobs in a desert dungeon, or snakes in a sealed Tech Haven storage.

(yes, this is neocron, people are like that, complaining-whores)Yeah, I've noticed :p

zii
01-07-10, 13:14
Shame I missed the spawn. Would have been fun

I remember when there were hordes of those rocket launcher mobs (usually found in the dungeon below Point Red or Crest Village; Cannot remember which one) that spawns in the City Centre in the Dome. Or the DoY mobs that invaded Pepper Park. Note that those DoY mobs were quite high-level and were left there for several days. It was interesting to encounter these having forgotten about them. Great fun.

Brammers
01-07-10, 14:09
....or snakes in a sealed Tech Haven storage.

8| ...I would laugh if some fool from Fallen Angels had dragged back a few eggs, and put them in the Tech Haven storage area.

Of course, a true Fallen Angel would blame Tangent! :D

As for the little extra random spawns, they are always great when they add to the fun!

dodgefahrer
01-07-10, 15:25
8| ...I would laugh if some fool from Fallen Angels had dragged back a few eggs, and put them in the Tech Haven storage area.

Of course, a true Fallen Angel would blame Tangent! :D

As for the little extra random spawns, they are always great when they add to the fun!

Better blame BT for not TT xD

Nadja [Mars]
02-07-10, 07:35
Better blame BT for not TT xD

watch your F6
might give you a hint why a FA would blame TT and not BT.

:angel:

Garfield
02-07-10, 12:01
err sorry we got no snakes atm, we will use killa kitteh`s and kami roaches

Kalonji Faya
31-07-10, 12:31
I had some ideas for RP - based Events but had no supports from the ppl I asked ...
If someone wants to do RP events and need some ides just pm me, I won't be back in NC unless cheating problems are resolved ...

cya later guyzzz !!

Kalonji

Hell-demon
31-07-10, 13:00
Spawn events are boring. It seems the only kind of event we have. What about drt races, fight nights, or that one time back in nc1 at Halloween when we all went to crystal caves and told ghost stories.

Spawn events have been done to death. We need some diverse and interesting ways to RP and have fun. Not all all events need shooting and not all events need GM's.

Here's an idea: Put on a play. Get a load of actors in a safe zone and act out a play. Easy. Don't need GM's and if you did get one they could help spawn props. Also no one throws parties in their apartments any more :(