PDA

View Full Version : What could be done to make it fun again

Apocalypsox
19-06-10, 21:28
For the first time in a while, I loaded up NC yesterday and actually went out and played a bit. Fuck, I love this game. SOOOOOO much. Even after so long, I still had a blast going out and killing fucking mutants and warbot and firemobs.

Something hit me though, there are a lot of little minor annoyances that really make the game...well, less fun than it used to be. I think a lot of you probably notice the same thing, so I've decided to make a list of it!

1. HEALS! FFS, I can't take on a launcher with my capped PE because my heal does maybe 3 health per tick. It's ridiculous. Fix the heals to more how they used to be so we don't have to hide in corners for minutes at a time waiting to heal.
2. DAMAGE! Okay, I'm not going to complain about this one much at the moment, because in all honesty I was playing on a HCPE. I am probably not the best gauge of this. But it took me 10-15 shots with my Ryker TL60 something lasercannon to kill a butchee.

And that's what I remember for now. I'll post more when I get back ingame today and remember what the hell else I was going to whine about.

Genji
19-06-10, 21:44
1 Get a tl40 heal tool
2 I'd be more upset by the damage that mobs do now rather then the damage I do, especially certain types that do more then they should even with mobs damage buff. And yea, a tl60 cannon isn't really that high level or anything. Remember an hcpe was always more of a pvp char with lower damage and higher survival anyway.

Hell-demon
19-06-10, 21:45
The main problem is unfinished work. The balancing was never finished and KK went and tried to get through an insolvency, as well as get BP up and running.

As it stands Neocron favours Spies and WoC PE's (WoC is terribly unbalancing too).

All other classes are useless. To top it off mobs do way too much damage and take too much damage.

Also we have the current problems with er...you know...exploiters...The neocronicle has been dead and there are no events ever, so even the role playing crowd are left bored. Seems to me the remaining people left are fan boys (but even their patience is limited) and exploiters.

If a patch did come around it would up the population, but if the subscription came back I doubt anyone would pay for this game in its current state.

It is a shame and it is sad, but for all extensive purposes this game is dead. Or at least a zombie. Neither living nor dead but in a state where its unpleasant to be around.

Apocalypsox
19-06-10, 22:54
1 Get a tl40 heal tool
2 I'd be more upset by the damage that mobs do now rather then the damage I do, especially certain types that do more then they should even with mobs damage buff. And yea, a tl60 cannon isn't really that high level or anything. Remember an hcpe was always more of a pvp char with lower damage and higher survival anyway.

hey budday, I use both heal tools on my tank and its still useless. It used to be ridiculously better than it is. and that kind of blends in with your point. If mobs didn't do so much damage, I wouldn't be whning about heals.

And yeah, I know the HCPE is useless as PVE mostly, thats why I put the disclaimer at the bottom.

Oh, and thats the other thing I was wondering about. Where has the banhammer gone? Do I have to go fucking search through gravis to find it and send it back to a GM to take care of fucking business?

Hell-demon
19-06-10, 23:19
Neocron needs a new Sheriff...

Can I be a deputy? =)

Hoder
20-06-10, 01:07
Oh, and thats the other thing I was wondering about. Where has the banhammer gone? Do I have to go fucking search through gravis to find it and send it back to a GM to take care of fucking business?It's still here in my hand and I've just used it on one of our residents who thought he could do naughty things with his client.

It still works.

Dribble Joy
20-06-10, 01:22
Overly powerful heals are what made pre-2.2 NC a pain. People would heal at stupid rates, especially with PPU support (the best change KK made was the nerf to foreign heals, all the moaning about shields and whatnot back in the day was besides the point, it was the heals that made monk'o'cron).

Can't take on a launcher without heals? Well shit me sideways. A player can't take on a mob five levels below him without loosing health overall? What exactly do you expect?

Biglines
20-06-10, 01:44
It's still here in my hand and I've just used it on one of our residents who thought he could do naughty things with his client.

It still works.
just one? odd, because they're multiplying like crazy

Peter Tran
20-06-10, 02:03
just one? odd, because they're multiplying like crazy

Bring a PPU, it's what I did. ;)

Morpheus
20-06-10, 02:32
It's still here in my hand and I've just used it on one of our residents who thought he could do naughty things with his client.

It still works.
Whacky Tschacky! Have some Red Bull and go on chopping heads :lol:

Biglines
20-06-10, 03:10
Bring a PPU, it's what I did. ;)
my ppu takes 200 dmg from some of those (fully self buffed and it's not a bad setup)

Apocalypsox
20-06-10, 04:38

It still works.

BRAVO!!!!
One problem down. Only a few to go.

and I remember that drib, but something needs to be done because the game is a bit...hardcore to play right now. only us fanboys really enjoy it, and that might just be the nostalgia.

ncelite
20-06-10, 18:29
[ edited ]

*Dazz*
20-06-10, 19:08
[ edited ]

Wow, aren't you forgetting all the others that have been doing it way longer?

Nidhogg
20-06-10, 19:26
That's enough of that. If this discussion is to continue then it has to be within the forum rules.

daughterolilith
21-06-10, 02:14
hoder and nidhogg are legendary :) I still remember visiting the GM "matrix" land

daughterolilith
21-06-10, 04:23
RE the topic title I have replied here on the stickied thread about what is good about neocron and how it could be improved: http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=2166116#post2166116