PDA

View Full Version : 'Action cancelled'

Dribble Joy
16-06-10, 20:11
For the last.. probably month or so, whenever I load NC, the launcher window comes up with:

Action Cancelled:

Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you have visited this page previously and you want to view what has been stored on your computer, click File, and then click Work Offline.

For information about offline browsing with Internet Explorer, click the Help menu, and then click Contents and Index.

Internet Explorer

The server won't load when I click the Play button either.

Pulling the launcher url from the page properties brings it up fine in the browser, so I'm wondering what's going on.

Also, iTunes can't connect to the internet, nor can Winamp.

Firefox, torrents, general uploads, posting and regular interwebs use is unaffected.

Is this a connection issue (my housemate may have altered the settings but why it would target things so specifically I am not sure), a registry problem (I recently had a clearout but didn't do anything to alter stuff that didn't directly anything but nasty programs) or something else?

Biglines
16-06-10, 20:46
Change SERVERIP and GAMESERVERIP to 83.236.174.254 in updater.ini found in ini's folder in your neocron directory.

next change NETBASEIP to 83.236.174.254:7000 in neocron.ini in the neocron directory.

now run the game from CLIENT.exe in the neocron directory NOT the launcher

kk's host has trouble getting DNS records straight accross the world, try the above

Dribble Joy
10-07-10, 15:37
So we have patchage, but I'm still getting this problem, and since the launcher doesn't work, I can't get it or actually patch the game.

I'm the only one using the connection and I'm using the same router as before this problem came up.

Biglines
10-07-10, 15:44
atm all the servers are down, afterwards it might be good to look into getting an alternative dns (opendns is good) ;)

Dribble Joy
10-07-10, 16:26
Out of curiosity, I tried to load IE. Nothing happened and the the program error window asking for sending an error report came up. So presumably this is an IE thing. Any guesses as to what might be wrong?

Biglines
10-07-10, 16:46
ye, spyware probably

neocron launcher uses default windows components to show the browser window, meaning the little launcher window is in effect a small internet explorer

I would scan for spyware (lots of sites will explain how better than I can), and another idea is to install a newer version of internet explorer (if you don't use internet explorer it's likely to be an older version)

vices
12-07-10, 12:41
I had the exact same problem. Turns out it was IE's proxy settings that had changed themselves, possibly following an Windows update.

I can replicate the problem by checking the same boxes I had to uncheck for everything to work again.

I'm attaching a picture of the culprit, I hope it helps!

Dribble Joy
12-07-10, 14:41
That's how it's setup, is that how it should be or not?

Biglines
12-07-10, 15:05
That's how it's setup, is that how it should be or not?
no, in most cases you shouldn't be using a proxy

a proxy is generally only used to either give you special rights on certain websites (my uni uses proxy and vpn to give access to library), or to pretend you're from somewhere else (for example getting steam games cheaper by pretending to be american instead of european)

Dribble Joy
12-07-10, 15:27
Huzzah, it works. Cheers.

Though I can't get the patch as the servers are offline :p.

Biglines
12-07-10, 17:09
well u cud download the patches from ftp.neocron.com, but it wudnt patch it :P