PDA

View Full Version : Nc Just Died?

ancient
24-05-10, 18:48
Nc Just Died? Launcher server down .. website server down as well???

Hoder
24-05-10, 19:47
Bugger. Let me give it a kick.

/edit. Seems ok now.

ulx
24-05-10, 20:23
The Launcher and websites seem down to me as well.
Also having issues with the forum. Seemed down to me most of the day too. Now i got to refresh every forum site a few times before it loads properly.
However, cant play, which is the more important issue :p

Ghostface_Speak
24-05-10, 20:29
updater.ini & neocron.ini is 100% bugged by those who cant login.set them up the right way and youre good to go.

can i be gm now,plz :lol:

Manuel Moonez
24-05-10, 21:55
same here, website and launcher down, forum works now. whats up?

Manuel Moonez
24-05-10, 22:24
am i the only one with this problem left? :(

zii
24-05-10, 22:26
Works well for me.

What problem ;P

Manuel Moonez
24-05-10, 22:40
i cant get on reakktors webpage, no connection to server, no NC homepage.. and tonight a buddy of mine is over, as i wanted to show him NC -_-

ancient
24-05-10, 22:56
I'm having to use a proxysever to type this in the forum as it seems like an exchange is down somewhere inbetween me and the nc servers (possably in germany) as i can't ping the website and my friend down the road is having the exact same problem.

ancient
24-05-10, 23:05
All my friends german employees have not been online all of today either ..
so something deffo going on with the net in germany (there was a big outage a few weeks ago in germany so might be a repeat?)

Hoder
24-05-10, 23:11
Interesting.. I had difficulty connecting to a completely different website about an hour ago, but now all is fine.

I can get the NC website, KK's website, the launcher, the game, everything. My suspicion is an exchange or net node somewhere along the route, as ancient said. Our hardware is working as intended, so I fear some of you may have to weather the storm until the net settles down.

Feel free to post your tracerts and locations to narrow the problem down and give comfort to any worried posters.

ancient
24-05-10, 23:14
Im london/uk .. my friend down the road is having exact same problem. I have a mate in belgum who can get on fine and one in denmark who allso is having no problems.

any chance some one could post the nc server ip here so i can try ping it (i've only pinged the website so far)?

ancient
24-05-10, 23:22
allso for those who can't get on the forums (not that your going to see this lol ...) you can use this link to view them rather than the .com one

http://neocron.jafc.de/

Garfield
25-05-10, 01:05
nice finally someone is about to nuke germany and shut dow the lights :D

Zuul
25-05-10, 02:05
in Updater Ini:

SERVERIP=83.236.174.254

GAMESERVERIP=83.236.174.254

in Neocron Ini:

NETBASEIP = "83.236.174.254:7000"

The launcher seems to make some Problem and reset the Ips from these files into local Ip.
Why some people donīt have any Problem is an Enigma like this Game :lol:

Then try it out without Launcher.

Ghostface_Speak
25-05-10, 05:15
Then try it out without Launcher.
Itīs not allowed to start NC without the Launcher

Can i be GM now?

Garfield
25-05-10, 08:28
Can i be GM now?

wanna be my Garde Mange? EAT YOUR VEGIS !

btw ive lost an apparment during one of thoose thiny rollbacks :mad:

Ghostface_Speak
25-05-10, 09:41
Impossible!The Copbot says everything is okay:

Our hardware is working as intended
Maybe your Appartmen Key is working as intended,too?
Not to mention my lost resist implant,the BLC and my Ionic cannon
which disappeared as intended during the server-hickups.

Or the hours we spend OP Fighting and the 3rd Layer was down...OPPA...
everything was set to Zero.This is,you guess it,the way it was intended.
Silly me thinking there was something wrong :o

Garfield
25-05-10, 10:35
Yay, features right ?!

Nanook
25-05-10, 20:26
Problem seems to be DNS servers responsible for neocron.com domain. I can reach these forums with neocron.jafc.de address but not with forum.neocron.com.

Addresses de.teaw.de and us.teaw.de are listed as DNS servers for neocron.com but both of them are unreachable. (in fact both names are not even recognized by teaw.de nameserver).

Hoder
25-05-10, 20:31
Impossible!The Copbot says everything is okay:

Maybe your Appartmen Key is working as intended,too?
Not to mention my lost resist implant,the BLC and my Ionic cannon
which disappeared as intended during the server-hickups.

Or the hours we spend OP Fighting and the 3rd Layer was down...OPPA...
everything was set to Zero.This is,you guess it,the way it was intended.
Silly me thinking there was something wrong :oOkay, okay, the hardware is online while some people were saying they couldn't connect.

We're aware of the glitches that cause ingame item problems and are trying to find out what's wrong.

ancient
25-05-10, 21:35
Still dead here ...

If I was alowed to start the game through the client only, missing out the launcher, I would of allready done so and it still wouldn't of worked.

It's not the problem you are tlaking about as many people are experiancing it ..

can some of the others post there locations please as it seems like the north of england is ok and around my way it's not ... but there are otehrs who cannot connect - surely we can't all be from london ? lol

*Dazz*
26-05-10, 00:20
Well I'm in the US, and it don't work for me at all on my pc, but I can access the forums on my phone. Unfortunately for me, my phone can't hold the game.....

Brammers
26-05-10, 11:07
Well I've not been able to reach the NC forums for the last 2 days, but now I can.

Somehow the DNS got screwed. Couldn't look up the IP for NC, yet on another box on the internet I could.

Edit: Don't know whether I can access the game servers, don't have the client install on this PC!

rob444
26-05-10, 11:16
That's why I've always used neocron.jafc.de ;).

Nidhogg
26-05-10, 11:33
There was a major DNS switcharound and it can take a couple of days to filter the changes around all the servers. Had we been informed in advance that this was going to happen we'd have posted a warning, but sadly we weren't. :/

The DNS problems should be resolved now but it's possible there are geographies where people are still unable to see us.

Sorry about that, all.

Morpheus
26-05-10, 12:56
DNS lost in translation :rolleyes:

Ghostface_Speak
26-05-10, 13:57
We're aware of the glitches that cause ingame item problems and are trying to find out what's wrong.
How about an announcement about that so that people know someone is still watching this?Itīs not that i have to tell you guys how to do your job but you have to admit that people (that includes me) get angry & pissed if it looks like no one cares or recognises the problem.

I know of the "ingame support policy" about not refund lost or bugged items,this bugs me a lot because i lost pretty good stuff allready.Just dont make it happen again/all the time and play the silence game on us.
:rolleyes:

Dr Phil
26-05-10, 14:04
How about an announcement about that so that people know someone is still watching this?Itīs not that i have to tell you guys how to do your job but you have to admit that people (that includes me) get angry & pissed if it looks like no one cares or recognises the problem.

I know of the "ingame support policy" about not refund lost or bugged items,this bugs me a lot because i lost pretty good stuff allready.Just dont make it happen again/all the time and play the silence game on us.
:rolleyes:
This......

msressi
26-05-10, 14:46
The launcher fix:

SERVERIP=83.236.174.254
PORT=8020
PATCHPREFIX=patches\cp
EXE=Client.exe
HOMEURL=about:blank
FTPSERVER=ftp.neocron.com
TESTPATCHDIR=/nc2testserver
RETAILPATCHDIR=/nc2retail
ISRETAILVERSION=1
USELOCALPORT=1
LOCALPORT=10000

and set updater ini to read only
before u do this, make a copie of the original updater.ini

Biglines
26-05-10, 15:07
The launcher fix:

SERVERIP=83.236.174.254
PORT=8020
PATCHPREFIX=patches\cp
EXE=Client.exe
HOMEURL=about:blank
FTPSERVER=ftp.neocron.com
TESTPATCHDIR=/nc2testserver
RETAILPATCHDIR=/nc2retail
ISRETAILVERSION=1
USELOCALPORT=1
LOCALPORT=10000

and set updater ini to read only
before u do this, make a copie of the original updater.ini
making it read only will break it if the ips change in the future (when KK finally realize they use the crappiest hosting company on earth)

Morpheus
26-05-10, 15:11
making it read only will break it if the ips change in the future (when KK finally realize they use the crappiest hosting company on earth)
therefore you made a backup of the original file :P

Ghostface_Speak
26-05-10, 16:48
HOMEURL=http://launcher.neocron.com/ :D

Biglines
26-05-10, 17:21
work fine by default for me now, if not for some people, just use the opendns dns servers

Biglines
29-05-10, 15:01
and now it's down again, I can't go to any neocron.com domain, only reason i can post is cuz i go to neocron.jafc.de now

Biglines
29-05-10, 15:02
and now it's up again, weird

Setlec
29-05-10, 15:48
I've been having same issues i'm also using the neocron.jafc.de domain to post. the neocron.com goes up and down all day long for me!