PDA

View Full Version : new servers/added features??

extract
29-04-10, 22:25
I havent really played since the massive downtime. today however I decided to get a little fun in the sun, heres what Ive experienced within the first 20 minutes of gameplay

every sync 10+ seconds
Ive been completely kicked twice with the reason "server could not handle the r"
guns not reloading on their own, having to sync wait 10 secs and reload manually
3 fatal errors
i died twice( a little rusty i guess)

is this how it is all day every day? please tell me Im either just screwed on my end(possible but highly unlikely) or do the "new servers" just suck?

I do realize im not really paying, but I feel sorry for the people who are if this is how it is now.

gamefreak
29-04-10, 22:48
It s the "new" servers.

But to be honest they never said there would be new servers. My guess is, that they use part of the servers now for Black Prophecy beta.

Biglines
29-04-10, 23:10
It s the "new" servers.

But to be honest they never said there would be new servers. My guess is, that they use part of the servers now for Black Prophecy beta.
no way they use any part of the old servers, they are like 10 years old...

but ye, the servers kick the whole populations about 5-6 times every night

and that's not the worst of it, sometimes there's a mini-rollback, meaning a lot of people are losing stuff in trades, boxes, floors etc etc

Dribble Joy
30-04-10, 02:47
I played over 2 hours today.

No FREs.
No syncs.
Usual zone sync times.
Low ping.

Genji
30-04-10, 03:02
It is still happening and it sucks, but it's happening less and less. If my memory servers it usally does fucked of crap like this for a wile after a server "upgrade". Since it seems to happen less I it will stop all together in a wile, aside from the normal crap that were all used to hateing.

Trivaldi
30-04-10, 14:03
Guys,

Please send me a PM with details of your issues so i can form a report to pass higher, in order for us to diagnose the problem we need detailed information regarding what's happening from as many sources as possible.

Do the issues occur in specific sectors, is this just occurring on Terra, to what extent are the servers 'rolling back' i.e. gogu state, complete inventory state including armour/implants etc, looted items, does the effect of any short term roll back affect character data such as point spending and xp gain.

Also include any other data which is affected such as apartments (activation, content, password changes).

Be as specific as you can with this information, for disconnections please note if it is at a specific time and include your general real world location.

Many Thanks,
Triv

extract
30-04-10, 23:24
after more information is gathered I shall do such a thing ;)

Biglines
13-05-10, 00:46
twice again just a few min ago

Dr Phil
13-05-10, 01:13
2-3 sec lags every 5-10min (in opfights), [ edited ]

Biglines
13-05-10, 01:22
2-3 sec lags every 5-10min (in opfights) [ edited ]
[ edited ]

Dr Phil
13-05-10, 01:32
[ edited ]
[ edited ]

Ghostface_Speak
13-05-10, 02:12
[ edited ]

Dr Phil
13-05-10, 03:37
[ edited ]
[ edited ]

MrTrip
13-05-10, 07:39
I still haven't been able to login at all....no idea whats going on here....

Tried no router, tried with router, forwarded ports, no firewall, tried Windows, tried Linux, checked IP, pinged server, changed local port...I'm completely at a loss here?

Neocron just doesn't love me anymore I guess :(

Brammers
13-05-10, 11:30
The internet in Germany fell over yesterday - Don't know if it's related. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/05/12/germany_top_level_domain_glitch/

Biglines
13-05-10, 12:05
[ edited ]
[ edited ]

gypsiMoth
13-05-10, 15:55
[ edited ]

Biglines
13-05-10, 16:05
[ edited ]

gypsiMoth
13-05-10, 16:06
[ edited ]

Ghostface_Speak
13-05-10, 16:09
[ edited ]

Biglines
13-05-10, 16:14
[ edited ]
[ edited ]

Ghostface_Speak
13-05-10, 16:28
[ edited ]

Biglines
13-05-10, 16:53
[ edited ]
[ edited ]

Trivaldi
13-05-10, 18:39
Thread Re-Opened.

The original point of this thread was regarding issues experienced due to the recent change in server hardware. That and only that is to be discussed in this thread, as usual all issues experienced in game should be directed to helpdesk@neocron.com, in this case i have opened my private message box to reports for this issue too, bare in mind you should also submit those reports to the previous e-mail address.

I am collating the reports from forum users so the current issues may be investigated, thus far i have received only three of these reports, it is important you pass as much information as possible on to us regarding these issues so we may analyse the information and work toward a solution.

Any and all instances of assumed cheating, exploiting and hacking must be reported to exploits@neocron.com where each instance will be taken further and investigated on a case by case basis. Do not assume your reports are not addressed and not bother, you should always report cheaters, hackers and exploiters. Bare in mind that due to the nature of the investigation process reports generally do not get a response via e-mail.

As much evidence as possible should be forwarded to exploits@neocron.com with each report.

Additionally any and all instance of personal attacks on any player, beyond the scope of acceptable game related banter should be reported to abuse@neocron.com, again due to nature of the investigation process it is not usual to get an e-mail response related to your report.

As with exploit, hacking and cheat reports as much evidence as possible to support your abuse report should be forwarded to abuse@neocron.com on a report by report basis.

This thread will remain open as a place to discuss current server issues, in the event it strays off-topic again the thread will be closed or removed entirely.

You have been warned.

flib
13-05-10, 22:21
I still haven't been able to login at all....no idea whats going on here....

Tried no router, tried with router, forwarded ports, no firewall, tried Windows, tried Linux, checked IP, pinged server, changed local port...I'm completely at a loss here?

Neocron just doesn't love me anymore I guess :(
How are you unable to login? Are you able to start the client.exe through the launcher?
Are you unable to get past the login screen?
If so, what error does it throw?

It might also be good to check your logs for more detailed information on the problem.

Biglines
14-05-10, 18:50
Thread Re-Opened.

The original point of this thread was regarding issues experienced due to the recent change in server hardware. That and only that is to be discussed in this thread, as usual all issues experienced in game should be directed to helpdesk@neocron.com, in this case i have opened my private message box to reports for this issue too, bare in mind you should also submit those reports to the previous e-mail address.

I am collating the reports from forum users so the current issues may be investigated, thus far i have received only three of these reports, it is important you pass as much information as possible on to us regarding these issues so we may analyse the information and work toward a solution.
isn't it kind of KK's job to analyse and find problems? seeing as it happens exactly the same every time, and specific times have been provided?

I mean, I appreciate that you personally are taking the time to collate and pass on information, but I think it should be KK's job not ours to fix their own servers...

so to repeat: Every now and then (about 5 times last night), the server suddenly stalls, a long syncing period starts, and then all people get kicked to the login screen with the login R thingy quoted in the start post. It also rolls backs about 30 sec to a minute or so, resetting positions, death status, items etc. it also causes ops to be reset to no layers hacked (which is very annoying when you just hacked 3 layers in an intense fight), and in your pm box I have sent messages with times, as well as posted in this thread.

flib
15-05-10, 03:14
They can only do so much on their end.
They can't fix our problems if we don't tell them what the problem is.

Dr Phil
15-05-10, 03:24
Its not OUR problem when EVERYONE is having the same lags / rollbacks...

So it IS something that HAS to be done on THEIR end!

Servers from 1980 in a wet cellar is bad m'kay? :p

MrTrip
15-05-10, 05:42
Well, I logged in finally....but really? 0%? Nobody plays anymore I guess...

Dr Phil
15-05-10, 06:24
Well, I logged in finally....but really? 0%? Nobody plays anymore I guess...
Yea its REALLY bad at off hours now.. :(

*Dazz*
15-05-10, 07:02
I get on and place rare techs in cabs and get ready to build PAD and psi implants, i get kicked, log back in and cabs are empty.... me sad... o_O

Biglines
16-05-10, 18:39
and its down now too

Biglines
17-05-10, 22:57
and again, thats the 3rd time this evening

Biglines
17-05-10, 23:31
and at least 2 times since last time again

Ghostface_Speak
18-05-10, 00:23
indeed,at least 5 times incl. whole rollbacks on deaths,items/imps and server layers.funny thing is:KK plays the "we didnt notice anything yet,everything is okay" card which i honestly dont believe.

You Guys have any logs?

Kanedax
18-05-10, 21:01
[ edited ]

figured i'd just edit myself since what i wanted to say would be edited eventually anyway.

zii
18-05-10, 21:26
My two cents worth (based on nearly nil dB knowledge other than how to kill pmon... )

The dB keeps rolling back every no and again. [We all know this]

My thoughts are:

The dB records some corruption.
It pauses the dB. [Sync and players disconnected]
dB rolls back n number of transactions until known good state.
Players reconnect.

I suggest tail -f /var/adm/messages and look for those pesky hardware errors... :lol:

zii
19-05-10, 13:42
Or,

A problem arises in the dB where it has to roll back to the last commit, which drops the uncommitted statements, therefore the mini rollback.

CrushOr
19-05-10, 15:46
fix the cheating

Ghostface_Speak
19-05-10, 18:42
Fix the servers first,its just annoying losing an implant or a weapon EVERY night

Biglines
19-05-10, 19:22
Fix the servers first,its just annoying losing an implant or a weapon EVERY night
how do u lose implants and weapons? (just wondering as I've personally never lost anything)

Ghostface_Speak
19-05-10, 19:28
You poke an implant,server screws up and is offline.You log back in,FF CPU gone.

Same with weapons,you pull em from QB into inventory,Server Offline,Weapon gone.Huge fuckup

Dr Phil
19-05-10, 20:19
You poke an implant,server screws up and is offline.You log back in,FF CPU gone.

Same with weapons,you pull em from QB into inventory,Server Offline,Weapon gone.Huge fuckup

Never put weapons to my inventory, since there really arent any point in doing so for me - since all my chars are made to use one or two weapons which they always carry..
The implant part sounds scary though.. That can pretty much fuck up a char for quite a while 8|

Fix the fucking server already KK..

MrTrip
19-05-10, 22:32
I don't dare login at all with my PPU. If I lost my fully artifact rare PAD, and or my 5 slot artifact ion shotgun cannon, I'd probably burn down somebodies house. Probably mine. :( Probably Hell Demons place.

Biglines
19-05-10, 23:18
I don't dare login at all with my PPU. If I lost my fully artifact rare PAD, and or my 5 slot artifact ion shotgun cannon, I'd probably burn down somebodies house. Probably mine. :( Probably Hell Demons place.

well as long as you don't die on your ppu, or don't move the cannon from your safeslot you should be just fine, it's when you start changing stuff that it get hairy

fighting is just fine, except in opfight where a server rollback reset an op we had been hacking 3 times, twice in the second hack, once at the 3rd hack (and one after we had taken it, but luckily it remained ours)

Ghostface_Speak
20-05-10, 01:28
I mean,hey,KK doesnt want to spend that much money atm for NC because of BlackSpaceThingy.Understandable but does it really has to be THIS WAY?
:rolleyes:

MrTrip
20-05-10, 07:41
I mean,hey,KK doesnt want to spend that much money atm for NC because of BlackSpaceThingy.Understandable but does it really has to be THIS WAY?
:rolleyes:

Yep..

Time to seriously open source this shit, or at least find a group of motivated individuals who want to fix the code for...uh...free maybe? How many people here offered to throw time and money at KK in the past, but got shot down? They all left...

I'm sure they can find SOMEBODY who wants to resurrect an amazing game... I know I'd like to. I want 300~600 server pops again. I want to run into Plaza 1 and get spammed to death in local again with WTS WTB WTT. I didn't even KNOW about Trade channel for the first 6 months because I got EVERYTHING in Plaza 1.

Ghostface_Speak
20-05-10, 08:33
Yep..

Time to seriously open source this shit

You dont want it to open source.I repeat:You DONT want it to be OPEN SOURCE.Imagine highpops of warping Aimgods,burning you at P1 in one second and hacking ALL Op layers ALONE from your clan in the other.

This will happen if NC goes Open source.This Game is enough "Open"Source right now,believe me :lol:

Fix the goddamn servers,at least try to make it look like you care anymore,KK

Biglines
20-05-10, 11:59
You dont want it to open source.I repeat:You DONT want it to be OPEN SOURCE.Imagine highpops of warping Aimgods,burning you at P1 in one second and hacking ALL Op layers ALONE from your clan in the other.

This will happen if NC goes Open source.This Game is enough "Open"Source right now,believe me :lol:

Fix the goddamn servers,at least try to make it look like you care anymore,KK
you really don't know much about open source? weird that the open source applications are often the safest things around, especially since half the people finding the exploits would instantly fix it as well

the problem with KK and NC is that there are no developers playing, half the gm's don't know the game, and half the content can't be modified by other people because of contracts with subcontractors.

NC will never be open source because of the way NC was made, with a hundred different people/companies working on different parts, poured together into the buggiest game ever made, contract preventing other people to work on previous work done

KK can't even fix bugs that are clearly reproducible (like pressing esc while exiting the neofrag will always fire an fre, alt tabbing in the wasteland usually causing fre unless you play windowed, etc etc), even more so because none of the developers actually listen to the community (at least not on here)

Setlec
21-05-10, 09:06
i do agree about opening the source code of this game also the game run by KK could be paid as it used to be as Ryzom is actually! the Engine honestly isn't worth a thing... old, buggy, probably requires VS c++6.0 includes. When i've created the thread about possible game engine for NC (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=143976) like Unigine was honestly a good solution for KK renew the game with a cheap yet awesome engine. the best thing at least for me is Unigine is crossplatform.

The art could be licensed as CC, unless they want to reuse it for a new NC version but i doubt it!

Biglines
21-05-10, 11:32
like in the last post, nc2 will never be open source, because 90% of the art wasn't made by KK, and due to contracts/IP, they can only use it, not release it under CC.

a total rework including having to change how everything looks might be possible to make open source, but that would require an actual team to remake everything

Setlec
21-05-10, 11:46
even if the art was made by 3rd party/ies, KK should own the right of the arts... I doubt that they would open their hands of the right of such thing...

Biglines
21-05-10, 12:13
everytime someone asked them, the response was that they have contracts with subcontractors which makes them unable to have other people work on it

MrTrip
21-05-10, 21:35
Quick idea for KK..

Neocron is theirs, the content however is mostly theirs, but here is how we solve this..

Neocron 3, using the Unigine engine (http://unigine.com/products/unigine/) (http://unigine.com/products/unigine/%29), taking place 20 years after current game time.

Fill in with some back story, settlers at the Dome finally had enough of the war between Neocron and the Dome. A group from the Twilight Guardian, Black Dragon, Tsunami, and Crahn all gathered together to put an end to Neocron once and for all. Neocron City Administration, a long with the corporations inside Neocron + the help of The Fallen Angels + The City Mercs also have had enough of the corrupt Dome (Or so they call it) and want to wipe them out of existence.

Neocron history plays back, and the events of the third world war play out again. Both cities build massive nuclear devices and launch them at the same time. Neocron is turned to ruins and the Dome, for what is left of it is wiped out. The blast however happens over Tech Haven, because the devices meet each other in mid air, a radio or radar fubar occurs, and the device from the Dome detonates, taking the device from Neocron with it, and causing a central explosion that takes pretty well everything out.

BAM! 20 years later, Neocron is partially habitable, with some sectors left to rot, new sectors pop up and the outzone is useful once again as industries attempt to rebuild Neocron (New content time!).

This eliminates the signs made before, the factions logos, everything. It can all be redesigned now and have a reason to be redesigned using a new engine AND NEOCRON CAN FINALLY GET ITS ENGINE UPGRADE AND STILL FOLLOW A LONG WITH THE STORY EVERYBODY IS HAPPY AND WE HAVE A PHYSICS ENGINE THAT WILL LET US THROW PAINT CANS AT EACH OTHER AND SOLVE PUZZLES AND STUFF CAUSE THAT'S ORIGINAL *cough*HALFLIFE2*

Because seriously folks, can you imagine this as the new wasteland? (With some browning of course ;))

http://unigine.com/screenshots/city4.jpg

New Crahn church?

http://unigine.com/screenshots/sanctuary3.jpg

AND OUTZONE?

http://unigine.com/screenshots/construction.jpg

SHABAM!

Anyway....It will never happen though. :(

Biglines
21-05-10, 22:51
just a quick note, modern games require about a hundred times more conten/effort to create, as details rise, time increases. For example the models that are used in neocron, without concept would probably take 1 or 2 hours to complete, making these in current engines takes about 1 or 2 days at least, if not more

open sourcing would only be viable for this community if it could use the old content, and just have the damn bugs fixed, remaking it is a fulltime job and not possible in the NC community in an open source/creative commons fashion

Dr Phil
22-05-10, 02:32
There wont be a NC3... KK wont accept any help.. and.. well.. i better not say anything else on the subject..

Setlec
22-05-10, 06:27
MrTrip, you should check "Primal Carnage (http://www.primalcarnage.com/website/)" it uses Unigne and looks really cool a some sort of L4D game... but with Dinos...

Biglines
22-05-10, 10:07
just looked at the licensing cost of that unigine, funny how the indie package is as expensive as the normal package, but gets way less technical support, and only limited updates, while the same price gets lifelong updates :S

isn't there like this totally open source engine, torq or something?

nobby
22-05-10, 13:55
I like how you guys treat this whole "engine" malarky with, "let's just replace NC engine.dll with Uniengine.dll and everything will work... -.-

Use your brain guys :p

Zuul
22-05-10, 14:08
[ edited ]

Izeo
22-05-10, 14:11
like in the last post, nc2 will never be open source, because 90% of the art wasn't made by KK, and due to contracts/IP, they can only use it, not release it under CC.

a total rework including having to change how everything looks might be possible to make open source, but that would require an actual team to remake everything

Question..for example, does this mean that the new playermodels are forbidden to be worked on/modified at all if anyone did have the chance to modify them?
Or does it mean that those models MUST be used for the playermodels from now on or for the contract time, without even a possibility of them being replaced by completely new models?

Biglines
22-05-10, 15:18
it's kinda based on two pieces of information

when asking about decompiling some models from nc to use as a reference for neocron:source, we were told this was illegal and against the TOS, which means we've been modeling/mapping from screenshots and our own experience in the game

when a few years ago, one or more programmers offered to work for free for KK to improve the code, and add content, they were told that this was not possible because KK has contracts with their suppliers (KK didn't make the models), which made it impossible for other external people to work on those things

as to adding completely new models, I don't see why that wouldn't be possible, I have offered to have any of my models used (although I can see why not :P), but my guess is they have some kind of exclusive contracts, like at my university staff aren't allowed to paint a wall themselves, but HAVE to have an external company (which has the contract) come and paint the wall for them (at 10x-100x cost)

MrTrip
23-05-10, 00:53
I like how you guys treat this whole "engine" malarky with, "let's just replace NC engine.dll with Uniengine.dll and everything will work... -.-

Use your brain guys :p

I...never said this?

Biglines
23-05-10, 01:19
I...never said this?
bow down to nobby's superior brains and all will be right in nc world ;)

the only person relating to an engine was proposing it as an engine to create neocron 3 in, no mention of replacing or even upgrading neocron 2

Setlec
23-05-10, 06:00
Torq Engine isn't really good, it's really crappy from what I've seen.
If KK would creates/develops a NC3 they won't have their hands tighten for new 3d models unless this/those 3rd party/ies have signed a contract to supply all 3d models for NC franchise... but I doubt this would have happen.

Ghostface_Speak
23-05-10, 11:43
So,Trivaldi,any News about the "issues" yet?

nobby
23-05-10, 22:17
bow down to nobby's superior brains and all will be right in nc world ;)

the only person relating to an engine was proposing it as an engine to create neocron 3 in, no mention of replacing or even upgrading neocron 2

This is still a typical "Engine" thread :p

Why even bother "proposing" anyway?

If KK ever get down to designing a Neocron 3 model, it'll be with their heads and decisions, not their community's.

Discussion like this just is pointless and creates nothing but a mere slight sense of false hope does it not?

Izeo
23-05-10, 23:34
as to adding completely new models, I don't see why that wouldn't be possible, I have offered to have any of my models used (although I can see why not :P), but my guess is they have some kind of exclusive contracts, like at my university staff aren't allowed to paint a wall themselves, but HAVE to have an external company (which has the contract) come and paint the wall for them (at 10x-100x cost)

Hmm, thanks, yes I was wondering if it would be possible to bypass the contract to 'fix' the models. I.e. let's never touch the Nc2 playermodels to avoid the contracts, but make replacements instead... I would love to see the models match the PAs again - in the same style of NC1 models (i.e. PEs have shades, monks have trenchcoats), but a bit higher poly. (I could, and would, do this)

To me, there are many issues of the new models:
- Floating hair/guns when the player runs ahead and they get "stuck" somewhere (in a gravity lift or a corner)
- Disappearing hair/head/torso/guns if you duck under something
- Hair detaches from head if you do certain things (keep pressing crouch, jump, strafe etc)
- Hair looks like it is a separate "wig" from the model (because that's exactly what it is) which gives a decreased quality
- Body shape is completely different from the PA models and in some cases unrealistic (although the NC1 models had far too broad of shoulders, the NC2 spy, for example, is impossibly thin), so when a spy for example puts on a PA, his shoulder width doubles
- Many of the NC2 clothes aren't fun, for example the tank only has like two pants textures, but they are all just re-colored versions of each other. The spy has two jackets (#2 and the last one) that are exactly the same texture, etc, less customization

Mahh....I'd do it for free. Full set of unique clothes skins included.

Dr Phil
23-05-10, 23:36
It wont happen :rolleyes:

Setlec
24-05-10, 05:59
@Izeo: the PAs, from my understanding, are some sort of iron man suit (highly technological suits) probably this could explain why the shapes are different. But it's true some of the PAs shapes are quite odd.

Biglines
13-06-10, 18:56
Thread Re-Opened.

You can say ur collating, but u didnt even read half the reports I sent about times and dates of crashes, today it has rolled back already 3 times in an hour!

extract
19-06-10, 12:17
heres my only problem lately

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab46/extractah/shit/MASSIF.jpg

danmalone
19-06-10, 12:27
Bad isn't it :P

I rarely ever do anything besides sit in p1 on the odd occasion I do log in :(

Biglines
19-06-10, 14:04
heres my only problem lately

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab46/extractah/shit/MASSIF.jpg
there's two reasons for that, one is the strings of rollbacks that kick off all the players, the other is not to be talked about, which is pretty much half the players atm (obvious apu ones)

Dr Phil
19-06-10, 14:22
[ edited ]

danmalone
19-06-10, 17:19
I logged in for the second day in a row and decided to try and level my mid lvl spy up a bit... Got bored after and hour and came off.

It's so depressing when there's not a community. I miss all the old people I used to play with :(

Biglines
03-07-10, 20:27
can we get any communication on whether ANYTHING is being done to handle the constant rollbacks? this post date is about 30 seconds after another crash/rollback

Morpheus
03-07-10, 21:11
can we get any communication on whether ANYTHING is being done to handle the constant rollbacks? this post date is about 30 seconds after another crash/rollback
still going on? good i'm on hollydays now and won't look into nc aslong...

Biglines
03-07-10, 22:36
still going on? good i'm on hollydays now and won't look into nc aslong...
you assumed KK actually fixed it? lol

IceStorm
04-07-10, 15:45
There was a patch?

There are new servers?

What, what, what?!

Biglines
04-07-10, 16:57
no

was wondering if you might be joking, but that's simply impossible