PDA

View Full Version : What happens to your character when you log out?

Izeo
10-05-10, 19:16
Btw, hi. Gonna start playing again.

Weird question I know. In your opinion, what is the in-game/storyline/RP reason that your character fades away when you log out?

What about when you die? I assumed when you die, it is assumed that your body just kind of disintegrates into the ground and is not necessarily related to your body being reconstructed at a GeneRep.

But when you log out, you fade away. Any in-game reason for that? Are you being "temporarily deconstructed"? If so, what is causing that?

Another question is, where is your character while he or she is logged out, according to an in-game reason? Teleported back to an underground lab where the character goes back into cryogenic sleep, like in the Neocron offline demo? If so, why do you teleport back to the place you last logged out when you do log back in?

Hoder
10-05-10, 20:02
My, what a deep philosophical question!

How about .. instead of being teleported to some cryogenic hyperspace, the onlookers just looked away for a moment and when they looked back, you were gone. Probably to relieve yourself just around the corner (NC has no toilets, right? :p ) then much later, when everyone had forgotten you were there, let alone gone, you popped back again.

Now wash your hands.

MrTrip
10-05-10, 22:27
My, what a deep philosophical question!

How about .. instead of being teleported to some cryogenic hyperspace, the onlookers just looked away for a moment and when they looked back, you were gone. Probably to relieve yourself just around the corner (NC has no toilets, right? :p ) then much later, when everyone had forgotten you were there, let alone gone, you popped back again.

Now wash your hands.

Best....response....ever.

/thread

silent000
11-05-10, 01:13
Aliens!!!

No I do think this is an amazing question and I too would like to know the answer (if there is one), because I know my character doesn't need to relieve himself... He has no genitals!

[K1]Luke
11-05-10, 09:18
When I fatal and decide to go to bed instead of loading up again, I personally think my character shouts 'WTF FATAL AGAIN?!' then he casts invisibility like a mage in any other mmo and just stands still until I log back in. At which point he casts reveal and appears out of nowhere, hopefully scaring children :angel:

surreviver
11-05-10, 18:20
What has been rumoured in a Garriot's Diner restaurant a few weeks ago: Every character has a fifth hidden brain implant, the "NCPD RFID-Unit CPU", which can't be removed. When a runner fades away, he has been transformed by a small black hole but the retina of your eyes is deceived by a holographical projection so you think the person is fading. The black hole was instantly created in a parallel universe by the NCPD - the NCPD does that when a runner has committed a crime and so he gets teleported into the NC Police Department via Gene Replication.

[K1]Luke
11-05-10, 18:37
What has been rumoured in a Garriot's Diner restaurant a few weeks ago: Every character has a fifth hidden brain implant, the "NCPD RFID-Unit CPU", which can't be removed. When a runner fades away, he has been transformed by a small black hole but the retina of your eyes is deceived by a holographical projection so you think the person is fading. The black hole was instantly created in a parallel universe by the NCPD - the NCPD does that when a runner has committed a crime and so he gets teleported into the NC Police Department via Gene Replication.

... I like it, +1! I think in NC3 this should happen if you get red soulight, less killing reds more having them stuffed in a jail cell for the public to throw things at them!

Izeo
11-05-10, 22:26
Hahahah. In that case my character was taking a whiz for about a year. But then again I do recall recycling hundreds of Warbot colas and using them instead of medkits (I didn't want to waste any - lol.) Think my favorite is the character saying "WTF FATAL" and casting invisibility, haha.

Yet, I would like to know if the cryo-sleep is ever "implied" in-game, like from the NC1 offline demo. MC5 is close but doesn't seem the same. (The CityAdmin member "wakes up" in one of those cryo bed things in an underground lab under Neocron City.)

-

On a side note - something I find interesting. When you enter another zone through a click-able door or hatch, your character does a "molecules being teleported" animation. It's like, white particle streams flying up from your feet until you've faded away, even if entering a door or hatch is only a physical movement.
However, when you GeneRep away or log out (if logging out is indeed considered being teleported), you just fade away. Shouldn't you have the white particle beam animation when you GeneRep or log out, and have the less attention-grabbing fading away be when you enter a door or hatch? Or maybe there's more than meets the eye here also

nikkon
11-05-10, 23:58
or maybe it is just all a dream every player in nc is laying on a cryo bed sleeping it off but they jump start your brain to keep it working every now and again so when you log on or off you are just getting new commands to dream to and one day you will wake up going wondering if you will fatal when you walk out the door of the lab... just a idea

Ghostface_Speak
12-05-10, 02:14
he gets spammails from sonder,woopidoo :rolleyes: