PDA

View Full Version : Launcher Problems?

cshank4
20-04-10, 17:39
Aloha. So, I've been trying to come back to Neocron since my last Deus Ex playthrough, and the fact that old Paypal accounts are free now just makes it all the sweeter.

One problem: When I hit the Play Neocron2 button in the launcher, it brings up the opening logos, then the first loading screen. And then the thing hangs until I ctrl-shift-escape it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Windows 7 64-bit, if it helps. Running in admin mode. Tried popping the client onto one core and all that, but no dice.

Garfield
20-04-10, 19:03
firewall settings? move the NC install folder to a diff direction (not C:windows or prog).
do a file check in the nc launcher options.

gypsiMoth
20-04-10, 19:06
Try running in windows mode the first run,
Find in launcher settings.

[K1]Luke
20-04-10, 19:13
You don't need the shift mate, ctrl+esc works. That being said I get this quite often but it's because of my firewall, as Garfield said (I didn't read his post, I just saw 'firewall')

Anyway, run it in windows mode (Open launcher > Configure > Configure Hardware > Drop down menu select Window Mode at the bottom)

When you run it you'll see if you firewall pops up asking for permission, if it does then that'll be why it's not loading most likely.

Fawkes
20-04-10, 22:54
Relocating NC folder worked for me although I'm running Vista.
Maybe it would help reading this thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=140582&highlight=vista). They suggest all kinds of solutions there.

This guy flib who posted there seems to describe the same problem you're having although he too was running Vista. Maybe try sending him a PM for help (his profiles page indicates he's still active).

And I'm no pro, but there's probably an easy solution for your problem, sounds like something like your firewall/antivirus/win7 security blocking your way.

Would love a companion to level with ^_^
Good luck! :cool:

cshank4
21-04-10, 23:30
Tried everything in this post. Unblocked router, made sure the game was allowed through firewall, etc. Nothing's working.

Looks like it's just some rare Windows Vista/7 problem, then. :/x100

*Dazz*
22-04-10, 02:45
Happens to my kid when his yahoo im is running, try closing some apps?

cshank4
22-04-10, 03:52
Apparently hard-resetting my computer fixed it. I have no fucking clue. :|