PDA

View Full Version : A Question about Hybrids

Prom_STar
31-03-10, 08:15
First of all, no I don't expect an APU/PPU hybrid to be pvp viable. I know the concept is currently broken (as are pure APUs, Melee, HC PEs, etc.). But here's my question:

Is an APU/PPU hybrid viable for PvE, for leveling? I've just rolled a new monk and I'm going to make the char a PPU, but leveling as PPU would take forever and leveling APU then loming to PPU doesn't appeal to me (For similar reasons my rifle spy and pistol spy aren't going to drone).

I've got a build figured out that should, with PA switching, allow me to use blessed shields, holy heal, and holy energy barrel. Regant's to cap, lom all to PPU, voila.

Sound legit?

Ghostface_Speak
31-03-10, 08:47
Looks good on the papers but will be terrible ingame.Every point spend on Apu will lower your heal/shields and vice versa.bricks will be shat

Dr Phil
31-03-10, 10:00
As said above me - its gonna work badly ingame.
Just level as APU.

Barreling Regants boss room is insane xp for an APU, so just do that, and lom to ppu (i did this about a week ago myself, was at 97 PSI on my APU when i started, and after about 5 hours i had WoC heh).

Powerpunsh
31-03-10, 10:56
Has someone tried this in 2.2? You remember, kk patched the softcap. Or did they forget the spells?

Biglines
31-03-10, 11:32
yes I've tried it, it's not worth it, especially with heal nanites you can go in regants from pretty much psi 70 or so if you take care with your con setup (although for me it even worked with a very low con setup, don't just run in circles, touch the freaking wall all the time (except with the boxes ofc, but that distance)

Dr Phil
31-03-10, 11:58
Yeh fuck con, as long as u got speed, and do as Biglines said, its not a problem :D
I had a whooping 0 resists on my APU when i did it :p

Kanedax
31-03-10, 13:05
Do It! It Works So Gud Omgwtfpwnt!

Neallys
31-03-10, 16:40
I had a hybrid, it was PvP viable for 1on1. The only problem with that is you have to go on at least 3 drugs, which pretty much ruins the point of being hybrid as people just want to wtfpwn everyone having supa-cool defense while having a decent damage output.

As for the APU-PPU balance points, there is no such thing, as long as you put like 20+ APU points (I'm not exactly sure about the value) your shields suddenly become foreign-like.

As for PvE, yeah it could do but going full-APU with a TL40 healtool is way better. I remember back in the NC1 days you could solo guards, now the real advantage would be the holy heal, but the healing ticks are pretty low as you don't have enough PPU so I guess stacking yourself up with a TL16 then a TL40 (double tick) + medkits is as good.

Ghostface_Speak
31-03-10, 20:58
Has someone tried this in 2.2? You remember, kk patched the softcap. Or did they forget the spells?
*KNOCK KNOCK* Hello McFly,someone at home?You do remember they ruined Hybrids in 2.2,yes?Every Point spend on PPU lowers the Damage you do while using an APU module,itīs a fact.They even said so on the balancing discussion.

Even if you reach the HolyHeal,it wont heal that much anyways.Same with the shields.
No need to try it on a live setting,just visit yer local NeoFrag and do the skilling there

meanwhile,have a Samuel Jackson (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtdFRHQwF2I) on me.Hmm Hmm,bitch

extract
02-04-10, 04:38
i tried a hybrid pa switching, was using non rare holy pad & heal....with fire apoc

my apoc did less than 70 dmg to an unbuffed spy while his dissi still destroyed me like was was pure apu with no sheilds and the holy heal worked about as good as a tl 16 nanite heal with that much apu specced....foriegn cast sheilds from a pure ppu will always be better than anything you would get from being a hybrid....unless you are a ppu who uses kami drones :wtf: