PDA

View Full Version : trade skill tool quality

Chuck Norris
28-03-10, 06:33
Does Tool Quality effect Construction outcomes? I heard someone shouting the other day about GM spawned 120% quality tool helped the quality of built items. Is this true, or how does tool quality effect the corresponding trade skill.

Ive always thought and heard tool quality did not effect anything.

zii
28-03-10, 11:10
The quality of my Cursed Soul does not affect the damage it does, until it reaches wrecked ( 0/120% ). Only the items statistics do like damage frequency handling range and the various mods.

My gut feeling thinks that what he said was a load of cobblers.

Biglines
28-03-10, 11:31
there's a lot of constructors who shout things like that, no official word on the 2.2 version has been given, but before it never got influenced by the tool according to some post by hoder I think

Prom_STar
28-03-10, 12:01
I've been told a GM spawned 120/120 tl150 ress tool will fail noticeably less when making a stack of tl150 bps than the vendor-bought 79-ish. Never had opportunity to test that myself, but DoY ressers with much more experience than swear it's true.

I have no idea if that would translate to 120/120 const tools making better weapons or having a higher chance to buildcap.

Dribble Joy
28-03-10, 12:08
As far as I am aware, tool quality makes no difference at all. I'm not even sure that the TL matters either; Making a tl 50 item with a tl 90 or a tl 150 shouldn't be any different. And the fact something is GM spawned means nothing, a tl 150 is a tl 150.

zii
28-03-10, 13:13
Perhaps, someone is trying to push the price up of construction tools on the servers with a con. ;)

Dr Phil
28-03-10, 13:21
The people who has a GM spawned tradeskill tool, just try and justify to themselves that they chose a useless tool instead of something sexy, that are useful - like ion weapons..

Neallys
28-03-10, 13:36
Or Holy anti-protector. Not much people picked that one.

Chuck Norris
28-03-10, 20:05
I didn't think it made a difference either, thanks for the replies everyone.

Dribble Joy
28-03-10, 21:07
Or Holy anti-protector. Not much people picked that one.
You can get one of those to arti with mods though (can't you?), ion weapons cannot.

Biglines
28-03-10, 22:03
You can get one of those to arti with mods though (can't you?), ion weapons cannot.
afaik it's not actually for sale/rares, only the non-rare is available from normal sources afaik

extract
28-03-10, 22:47
the only anti-protector spells available are normal and blessed, holy is gm spawn only and thats quite stupid if you ask me, why absorber and deflector are available in holy versions through npc and not holy anti-protector sounds more like "oops we forgot to add that" more so than "hey lets make this a special item"

but really the only benefit of a holy anti-protector is the red swirly cause if your using it in practical applications such as debuffing someone at an op non-ppu the time difference of casting is irrelevant, but on a ppu i wouldnt know cause ive not had one so i dont know really the mana cost, nor the casting speed whether its spammable anyways, doesnt matter though anyways cause antibuffing a ppu in general seems to have went completely out the window and replaced with constant spam of foriegn buffs instead

zii
29-03-10, 15:21
people anti-blue and white ppus in OP fights. I thought that nib buffs did not work on higher cast buffs nowadays.

Neallys
29-03-10, 22:22
When a PPU takes damage, if you keep recast it might over cast, usually works better with the same level of shield (like, holy for PPUs).

PPUs can immediatly overcast their own shield (unlike NC1). As for Holy anti-protector, it is way better than anti blue/white (that is for the damagedealing enemies)

Biglines
29-03-10, 22:51
anti-protector is anti-red, why is it better than anti blue/anti white?

I think you mean unprotector, which removes all shields but requires like 3 times as much time and psi

Dr Phil
29-03-10, 23:40
anti-protector is anti-red, why is it better than anti blue/anti white?

I think you mean unprotector, which removes all shields but requires like 3 times as much time and psi
Dev = ultimate PPU killer, so that makes anti red very nice against ppus..
I would rather use anti blue/anti white on fighters though, but it really depends on what weapons your fighters are using obviously :)

Biglines
29-03-10, 23:47
Dev = ultimate PPU killer, so that makes anti red very nice against ppus..
I would rather use anti blue/anti white on fighters though, but it really depends on what weapons your fighters are using obviously :)
dev is better than a dissy on a ppu? is that cuz ppu's generally don't have psi resistance?

Dr Phil
30-03-10, 03:16
Dissy and AK are both incredible too, but those stacks from a dev... They seriously hurts, while the ppu's red shield is gone.

Its rather easy to kill ppu's solo with both Dev and Dissy though - unless they are the type of ppu's that somehow can outrun a speed tank :lol:

Neallys
30-03-10, 10:21
Happens a lot nowadays, my Keavy Oona cannot keep up :p
Anyway, a holy anti-red against fighter is really great, of course it depends of the damage your team is on, but dizzy has red damages, AK also does, but it's more about using dev against fighters, more particularly spies who are stealthing and get anti-red while they are stacked

(but Anti-blue with my 270+ RC dizzy spy works really great too)

Brammers
30-03-10, 13:40
Whether the Construction is 120/120 or a Crytons 78/120 has no effect on the final build quality of the item - that's down to your construct skill. It also doesn't not guarantee to build a 5 slot Judge for Dribble Joy. ;)

My theory was that you had less chance of failing to build an item with a 120/120 tool, than a 78/120 tool on a high level TL jobs. At one point you could buy crap 20/120 tools from Yo's, but I don't think you can anymore.

However when it comes to tradeskilling, saying you have a 120/120 construction tool may give you the edge in getting that construction job.