PDA

View Full Version : How about an ET at least to A...?

Noldus
27-03-10, 21:16
From my current job as driver of passenger trains I know everything about being careful not to give out ETA's when something breaks down and I don't really have much of a clue about the time perspective to get it sorted myself.

But still, it's considered bad customer support/handling not to keep customers updated frequently on any progress or lack of such. And in my job frequently is about every few minutes or so.

Although this game is not big business to you guys and most "customers" aren't paying you anything these days, after more than 5 hours of no ETA would it be too much to ask for a little more than "technical issues" and no idea of ETA whatsoever? Someone must have a rough idea of whether this issue will take another 5 minutes, 5 hours or 5 days to solve...?

PS. This is meant as a serious question, no trolling. What I'm asking is that if you know, based on current progress, that you will need at least another x hours to solve the issues why can't you just say so. Then I would be able to go do something else during that time and not sit around waiting for something that is not going to happen...

Whos is going to complain if the servers get back up earlier than expected? :p

zii
27-03-10, 21:54
They [KK] probably don't know and are in all likelihood being fed information from the company who hosts the servers, and they [the hosting company] probably have not given them [KK] the information, even though I am sure that KK had asked them for it. I will take my coat and disappear into a bar, so no big deal.

Nidhogg
27-03-10, 21:58
Unfortunately we're reliant on a third-party and until they can give us an ETA I'm afraid you're going to have to accept our apologies and be patient. As soon as we know, you'll know.

N