PDA

View Full Version : Time to say goodbye? No Way!

SnowCrash
23-03-10, 15:26
As some of you might have already heard from the Black Prophecy forums, I have left Reakktor Media and joined gamigo in Hamburg, Germany as Assistant Product Manager for Black Prophecy. However, I will not completely cancel my work for Neocron and still be available on voluntary basis as Community Manager to be at your service and to lead the other voluntary helpers.

I’ve been with the game and the community for over 8 years now and I simply could not just leave and close the door behind me. We've gone through good times and bad, but this game and its community is still unique and definitely worth spending some leisure time on to keep things running. :)

Biglines
23-03-10, 16:16
was going to say sorry to see you leave, but that's not part of it I guess, glad to hear you're sticking around even though not in an official capacity.

any idea who's going to be the official community manager in your stead?

(plus this kinda rules out nc going f2p with gamigo right? :P)

[K1]Luke
23-03-10, 16:31
Glad to hear you're still going to be around, I hope Gamigo are going to pay you well for leaving us!! :)

Good luck with the new job and since you don't work for KK anymore you can come OP fight with us ^^

CMaster
23-03-10, 18:16
Leaving thread, closed.

:P
Hope working for Gamigo works out for you. Who's going to be chief-banhammer in NC now?

Brammers
23-03-10, 18:28
Before you go, please login to Neocron and throw all your gear out in Plaza 1, and then spawn lots of KillerBunnies !:p

Wishing you all the best of luck in your new role.

Jodo
23-03-10, 18:45
Congratz and good luck.

Are other KK people seeking jobs elswhere? :(

Garfield
23-03-10, 19:16
"good bye" Mr Snowcrash, good luck in your new Job....

YaY KillerBunneh parting visit Event tonight at Eastgate :D

Asurmen Spec Op
23-03-10, 20:40
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

my sig shall never change

Apocalypsox
23-03-10, 20:41
Might I point out asurmen's signature! He couldn't leave us, he loves us too much! and in the physical sense!

Nidhogg
23-03-10, 23:55
Hopefully you shouldn't notice a difference; we'll still be around. As far as you guys are concerned it's just a back office change. :)

N

Kanedax
24-03-10, 04:27
Good luck Mr SnowCrash!

Dribble Joy
24-03-10, 08:18
*Cries*. Yet Huzzah! too.

dodgefahrer
24-03-10, 09:11
Good luck SnowCrash ill hope the new job gives you what u expect.
Nice to see that u will still stick around trolling the forum (and maybe IG too).

Kanedax
24-03-10, 10:08
Does this mean Snow can now create an NC player account and prawn us all?

james_finn
24-03-10, 17:47
Best of luck Snow! Hope we still get to see you around in Neocron and BP ;)

I have a laser pulse beam with your name on it!

Jaxx.
24-03-10, 23:11
Thanks and good luck SnowCrash. :)

zii
25-03-10, 11:53
Before you go, please login to Neocron and throw all your gear out in Plaza 1
yeah, but do it in my app, not in P1.

http://blackprophecy.gamigo.com/ There is also a closed beta sign up there.

By the way, you could sort this one out with a little education in the call centre.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [#143299]: Gibraltar adderss details rejected
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 11:24:31 +0100
To: general.en@gamigo-support.de
References: <kzu1pg.fnvo7d@ticket.gamigogames.de>

Dear Sir,

Gibraltar is in the EU.

Regards,
z

gamigogames Support wrote:
> Hello,
>
> unfortunately an IP block has been added to the game some month ago due to license rights limitations. This means that our servers will only accept players from within the European Union.
>
> There might be other versions of the game especially for your country, sometimes under a different name and from a different publisher.
>
>
> Best regards
>
> gamigogames Support
> ---------------------------------------
> gamigo AG
>
> Behringstrasse 16b
> 22765 Hamburg
>
> www.gamigo.de
> www.gamigogames.de
>
> Vorstand: Rainer Markussen, Patrick Streppel
> Aufsichtsrat: Dr. Bodo Thielmann (Vorsitzender)
> Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 105628
> ---------------------------------------
>
> Ticket Details
> ===================
> Ticket ID: 143299
> Department: General Questions (English)
> Priority: Low
> Status: Closed

Zefrian
25-03-10, 12:32
By the way, you could sort this one out with a little education in the call centre. according to the german version of the Wikipedia article about Gibraltar, Gibraltar is NOT part of the "single European market" (german: "europäischer Binnenmarkt"). Maybe that's the real reason?

zii
25-03-10, 13:03
Agreed, but it is part of the EU.

The EU accession of Gibraltar was on the 1st January 1973. It joined with the UK on the same date.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union_member_state Then click on the Show tab at the end of the UK column where it lists Gibraltar under the Includes section.

I suspect the real reason is that they simply forgot about Gibraltar because they had never heard of it :)

Nidhogg
25-03-10, 13:28
I believe the problem is Gibraltar's VAT exemption, but in any case the Neocron forums are not the right place to discuss gamigo support issues.

N

zii
25-03-10, 17:49
Yes, you are right Nid. (VAT: What this VAT stuff? ;) )

However I have solved the problem and they have said that "Just type in any information you want. In your case we are making an exception." I have my ways :)

Brammers
03-04-10, 15:16
Well I was digging through my old hard disks the other day and I found some fraps footage.

So I will all let you all have a little chuckle! Download the Snowcrash Special Video here... (http://www.techhaven.org/component/option,com_docman/Itemid,132/task,doc_details/gid,145/) :D

P.S. I know the encoding isn't that brilliant. Virtual Dub isn't playing very nicely.

Biglines
03-04-10, 20:49
Well I was digging through my old hard disks the other day and I found some fraps footage.

So I will all let you all have a little chuckle! Download the Snowcrash Special Video here... (http://www.techhaven.org/component/option,com_docman/Itemid,132/task,doc_details/gid,145/) :D

P.S. I know the encoding isn't that brilliant. Virtual Dub isn't playing very nicely.
an easy way of compressing with a good compression tool is uploading it to youtube and then downloading the mp4 or flv ;)

and lol, is that the byb mission from last year? the one that started here on the forums?

Brammers
03-04-10, 21:22
an easy way of compressing with a good compression tool is uploading it to youtube and then downloading the mp4 or flv ;)

Uploading the 260meg final cut may take a while...does YouTube allow vids that size?

and lol, is that the byb mission from last year? the one that started here on the forums?

Well spotted, it is indeed!

Biglines
04-04-10, 02:16
Uploading the 260meg final cut may take a while...does YouTube allow vids that size?

Well spotted, it is indeed!
hehe, think I'm the woc ppu in there ;)

and I think youtube allows it yes, as long as it's not longer than 10 minutes (hell, if u change your youtube status to director I think you can even upload longer videos)

Brammers
05-04-10, 00:46
hehe, think I'm the woc ppu in there ;)

and I think youtube allows it yes, as long as it's not longer than 10 minutes (hell, if u change your youtube status to director I think you can even upload longer videos)

You and me were the WoC PPU's - Hoder didn't make it easy at all for us!

Well for some reason You Tube resized my original cut to 4:3... so I've uploaded the encoded version for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t2guDuVZW8

Biglines
05-04-10, 01:58
You and me were the WoC PPU's - Hoder didn't make it easy at all for us!

Well for some reason You Tube resized my original cut to 4:3... so I've uploaded the encoded version for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t2guDuVZW8
hehe no he didn't, had to switch from spy to ppu. think I even gave away the 5slot gm spawned cs i got there before we even left.

it's still a good quality tho, especially if you turn on 720p

Scaramanga
03-05-10, 23:52
Bye bye Snowcrash.

Strife
27-05-10, 00:16
Sup Asurman, my fom brotha.

daughterolilith
21-06-10, 02:58
dedicated wabbit :)

I don't think I've heard of any other community person at a company doing something like this with stuff like city of villains (which I haven't played for ages due to Boring) and tabula rasa, it really is pretty nice how you still stay and help your old colleagues out for free :)

gamigo is such a stupid company name tho :p It's the kind of name that makes you want to be careful with what payment details you give them it just sounds dodgy like a mobile phone ringtone company or something lol

I had a look at your new game site and it doesn't really interest me since it's just about spaceships no people, I really liked how you could explore Neocron how big it was and see giant monsters and things it was kind of like a multiplayer version of Fallout 3 but with much more badass mutant things (though the special effects not as good :p ) without the crappy american setting ... though that's just the short version of why Neocron was nice... I wrote more here: http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=2166116#post2166116

ReefSmoker
08-07-10, 05:21
Ahh SnowCrash, Killer Bunneh, and the other name I knew you as before I knew you were working for Reakktor all those years ago! We had some fun times killing warbots back in beta 3 and 4, and the laughter when you first appeared to me as a Stormbot - I jokingly attacked you and knocked you down to half health before you remembered to turn godmode on :D

I hope life at Gamigo works out well for you! I may be in touch before the end of the year to give you a sneak preview of the MMO I've been working on these last two years, you and Reakktor have been a good inspiration for me, showing me that smaller companies can come up with great things!

Voldemort
05-08-10, 15:15
Bye SNOWCRASH... have a nice work on BP but please help the new DEV team here.. Since NC2 this game has got ruined patch by patch.. Let's bring it up again please!

Biglines
05-08-10, 15:16
Bye SNOWCRASH... have a nice work on BP but please help the new DEV team here.. Since NC2 this game has got ruined patch by patch.. Let's bring it up again please!
u do realize its been up for weeks right?