PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the runspeed formula

Aeon Blur
07-03-10, 18:02
Ive looked through the balance discussions, the 2.2 changes & wep formulas and I just dont see it anywhere. Search is ...not much help either.
Can someone kindly point to the thread?
Much appreciated, Cheers.

extract
07-03-10, 19:18
x2 please :)

Dr Phil
08-03-10, 13:03
x3 please

[K1]Luke
08-03-10, 13:32
Not entirely sure of the formula but I figured out 1 Agility : 0.25 Run speed, and the same for Athletics, 1 ATH : 0.25 run speed.

I presume that's % as well ^^

nabbl
08-03-10, 15:53
There's also Dexterity and Constitution level included as far as I know. Though Spies should be the Mighty Mice :-P

Powerpunsh
08-03-10, 16:00
i could swear that transport slows your character.

Biglines
08-03-10, 17:04
There's also Dexterity and Constitution level included as far as I know. Though Spies should be the Mighty Mice :-P
they should be, but my low tech tank outruns all my spies (and all the spies I've played against), at least without the cannon out

[K1]Luke
08-03-10, 17:50
Dex and Con doesn't effect run speed, at least not according to nSkill. There must be soft caps for it but not entirely sure what they will be.

Biglines
08-03-10, 18:12
afaik there is no runspeed soft cap, at least I haven't found it yet. it's just that as soon as they get about 100 both, the skill points get expensive, and there are only so many runspeed imps

Aeon Blur
08-03-10, 18:58
This reminds me of the story of M-Theory, where five seperate camps of mathmaticians looked at the same problem from five very different points of refference. Each was convinced thier perspective proved the others inadequate, only to find later that all of them were correct, from a certain point of view.

That said, I have little doubt that all of you are correct.
...now all we need is a peek at the Maker's blackboard for the voodoo...

Aeon Blur
08-03-10, 23:14
Ok I think we found part of it, thanks to a friend's fresh pair of eyes.
Its from 2.0 tho so it may be outmoded, hard to say. None of the skills indicate Base factors in it, unlike wep calcs.
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=118196

In it, it says:
Movement Speed:
Skill Factors involved: 0.26(26%) ATH + 0.26(26%) AGL
and yeah, that seems a little off somehow these days.
It also says "Hacking: Skill Factors involved: 0.9(90%) HCK + 0.1(10%) RCL"
Which really seems off to me, and since the post still gives MST formulae, may well be completely outmoded.

Hmmm.
...it's all heathen Witchcraft, I tell you. Just run your ass off....

Biglines
08-03-10, 23:30
afaik all skill influences were changed in 2.2, then again, I haven't been here that long so it could be bullshit.

nabbl
09-03-10, 10:32
This is everything I have ever read about Runspeed and Health:

Calculation of player abilities
In general there is always a base skill value that is used to create a modification factor. Below this base value, the gains from raising the skill will behave fairly linearly. Once the base value is reached, the modification factor lies at around 0.70 (which corresponds to a percentage of 70%) - the runner can only reach 100% or more when the base value has been passed. The increase is designed in a way that skill investments are only really sensible to a certain degree – while the player abilities still increase, the increase itself becomes smaller.

For the calculations of health values, stamina or run speed, this base value is the same for all classes. Therefore these areas are balanced through the number of skill points available to the particular classes.

Biglines
09-03-10, 15:08
This is everything I have ever read about Runspeed and Health:
edit: nvm, didnt take base CON in account

Aeon Blur
09-03-10, 17:47
Thats what I was talking about, and explains why I have to spec 20-30 tra on an 85con unloaded tank to max his speed (the 30% to match the base gap) but only 10-15 on a naked monk to keep up with him. (Moving the "zero-point")
The base value is constant while the point curve is wieghted.

THanks Nabbl.

zii
25-03-10, 13:20
I have about 34 specced into TRA on my tank all from implants (base CON 100).
Does this imply that if I specced a little extra the tank would win in the 400 yard quick sprint.