PDA

View Full Version : I used NeoSkiller ... a mistake?

Schlockmeister
03-03-10, 15:28
I was a NC1 player back in the day and for NC2, I thought I'd create myself an APU. All went well until I went to Tech Haven Network and saw the REAL reqs for APU & PPU skills. Pretty ridiculously high they are too if you ask me.
Is a 70%APU/30%PPU combo still viable if you mostly do PvM?

Sorry if already asked, most threads are pretty olden, so an updated answer regarding PvM in particular would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Schlockmeister

Aeon Blur
03-03-10, 15:50
I have to say, I went the route of about a 65-35ish mix on my PvE monk. Because of the maluses and reqs, thats just how the ratio worked out. When I made him, back in 2.1ish, the server pop was really low so I needed the ppu.

THe good news is that you can do it & fit the reqs for what you really need.
The bad news was it took so long to down a mob that as I started doing the math for how long capping that monk would actually take, it really knocked the fun out of it for me. There's only so many runs at regents i could do before logging out with a headache.

In the end, I lommed to pure apu and wear injectors for support.
...Like a spy.
Meh.

Schlockmeister
03-03-10, 16:04
The bad news was it took so long to down a mob that as I started doing the math for how long capping that monk would actually take, it really knocked the fun out of it for me. There's only so many runs at regents i could do before logging out with a headache.
Does XP only get added after you've killed a mob or after every single hit?
That would be much better for when it takes ages to down a mob.

In the end, I lommed to pure apu and wear injectors for support.
...Like a spy.
Meh.
I could try that too. Should be fun, getting killed after 1-2 hits every time. :rolleyes:

Aeon Blur
03-03-10, 16:29
From what Ive seen, a little xp during the fight but the bulk of it comes from downing the mob.

I also forgot to mention Ajax's shameful drug habit as a semi-hybrid soloist.
I had to put my cst to rec 96 just to afford the Rhino-load of BD drugs and my own coffee habit during his drugflashes got rather out of control.
...I went through alot of cigarettes...

Biglines
03-03-10, 17:06
and if you're using neoskiller, isn't that like a very old version? search these boards for nskill, recently there was a thread with a proper version

Dribble Joy
03-03-10, 20:37
XP is gained per hit, but it's maintained server-side, so it may not show up for a few moments.

Schlockmeister
03-03-10, 23:40
I also forgot to mention Ajax's shameful drug habit as a semi-hybrid soloist.
I'm still gonna try it though.

and if you're using neoskiller, isn't that like a very old version? search these boards for nskill, recently there was a thread with a proper version
Yeah NeoSkiller is out of date but I'm updating the .xml file which is pretty boring. I'll look for the other program.

XP is gained per hit, but it's maintained server-side, so it may not show up for a few moments.
Good to know! Then I won't have to finish the job for my XP.

Aeon Blur
04-03-10, 00:08
I'm still gonna try it though.
That's the spirit! :D
Seriously tho, being a hybrid was more fun to play for me at lower levels, going through the epics & such. Rather like playing a HC/RC-PC PE that way.
...I nearly named Ajax "Brother Dishwater" instead...
Cheers & happy hunting.

Schlockmeister
04-03-10, 00:44
Cheers & happy hunting.
Thanks! :)
I first gotto find me that new skiller program.

Schlockmeister
05-03-10, 16:42
I'm using NSkillV2 now, but isn't it missing a whole lot of APU and PPU spells?