PDA

View Full Version : Neocron Population

vXReaper
01-02-10, 16:26
I'm an old player wanting to return and I was curious as to the in game population. Ive heard there are 50-60 people on and ive heard that most of the time there are a few hundred.

Zefrian
01-02-10, 16:38
expect round about 40 - (max) 120 at these times

In case of you returning it's +1

in case of some more returning, that number increases significantly --> therefore ...

JOIN and do not ask this question again, because it won't get better by waiting.

Welcome back. :)

vXReaper
01-02-10, 17:00
expect round about 40 - (max) 120 at these times

In case of you returning it's +1

in case of some more returning, that number increases significantly --> therefore ...

JOIN and do not ask this question again, because it won't get better by waiting.

Welcome back. :)

Well as of right now, ive been waiting 4 days for them to straighten out my account. So who knows , I might never be able to get back in.

Mighty Max
01-02-10, 18:11
Since all accounts are active if not banned,
does that mean that "straighten out my account" is equal to helping you remember what you should already know? (i.d. your self-chosen accountname and password?)

vXReaper
01-02-10, 18:33
Since all accounts are active if not banned,
does that mean that "straighten out my account" is equal to helping you remember what you should already know? (i.d. your self-chosen accountname and password?)
yea. its been 2-3 years lol. I cant remember the user name.

Zefrian
01-02-10, 19:02
well, you might search through your email archives for the registration email.
Since that was an "important" mail, you surely saved it.

MrTrip
01-02-10, 20:10
If you cannot remember the account you had, just email account@neocron.com and they will get back to you. They are very busy though on their end, so it may take a couple days but they WILL respond to you. Just be patient :)

vXReaper
02-02-10, 16:22
tic toc... tic toc lol.

Nidhogg
03-02-10, 11:24
tic toc... tic toc lol.
What exactly is the problem with your account? All accounts are open for free play so if you can't log in there aren't too many options:

You've forgotten your account details
You're experiencing some kind of technical problem logging in (like a firewall issue)
Your account is banned
Your account was created on NC1 and never migrated to NC2We can help you with the first two but I'm afraid nothing can be done about the others.

N

Original monk
03-02-10, 15:44
If you cannot remember the account you had, just email account@neocron.com and they will get back to you. They are very busy though on their end, so it may take a couple days but they WILL respond to you. Just be patient :)

Hey nc citizens, hello Nidhogg, very long time no see.

I downloaded neocron a few days ago, lilT mentioned it was free wich is nice.

Walking around a bit now ingame, looking around if anything has changed :)

My mate Angeldust wrote an email to support few days ago. He cant seem to remember he's password. Good that i read this posts now i can tell him he shouldnt think he's account is lost and that it can take a while till he has response due to support being so busy lately.

Cheers !

Anyone know if a hybrid is still a viable class to play ?

Nidhogg
03-02-10, 15:58
hello Nidhogg, very long time no see.
Likewise! Good to see you back. :)

N

vXReaper
03-02-10, 18:14
What exactly is the problem with your account? All accounts are open for free play so if you can't log in there aren't too many options:

You've forgotten your account details
You're experiencing some kind of technical problem logging in (like a firewall issue)
Your account is banned
Your account was created on NC1 and never migrated to NC2We can help you with the first two but I'm afraid nothing can be done about the others.

N

I have forgotten my username. Ive tried like 20 different things buts its been a long time. I just need to know what it is. I emailed the support link you sent me, but no response yet.

Mr. Kassad
03-02-10, 23:44
I have forgotten my username. Ive tried like 20 different things buts its been a long time. I just need to know what it is. I emailed the support link you sent me, but no response yet.

Be patient. I had the same problem. It took about a month or more.
(btw: No critic to you guys. Im happy this game still exists!)
I eventually found out my data myself after trying regularly about 3 days or so.

Then one day (as I already said ;) ) the support responded even thouh I sent a mail to tell them that I solved the matter myself. :D

vXReaper
04-02-10, 00:18
Be patient. I had the same problem. It took about a month or more.
(btw: No critic to you guys. Im happy this game still exists!)
I eventually found out my data myself after trying regularly about 3 days or so.

Then one day (as I already said ;) ) the support responded even thouh I sent a mail to tell them that I solved the matter myself. :D

So a month for something they could solve in 5 minutes? Im perplexed by that.

Biglines
04-02-10, 00:36
no offense, but if that perplexes you, you haven't played nc very long I take it? :P

vXReaper
04-02-10, 02:31
no offense, but if that perplexes you, you haven't played nc very long I take it? :P

I havent played in a couple years. I was hopin to get back into it, but if its going to take a month, no thanks lol.

Dribble Joy
04-02-10, 02:40
Angeldust
The original? As in the dusty I knew on Uranus?

extract
04-02-10, 03:39
Anyone know if a hybrid is still a viable class to play ?

the only viable monk class atm is ppu

apus are shit solo
hybrids have been nerfed into extinction Ive seen people say theyve got a hybrid setup, Ive seen them try it, and then Ive seen them later lommed to ppu

the malus you get on the apu negating ppu and vice versa on top of the incredibly high requirements on spells makes trying a hybrid virtually impossible

for example Ive tried the pa switching fire apoc with blessed and holy sheilds I did a whopping 50 dmg to an unbuffed spy with fire apoc while still taking 200-300 dmg per burst of dissi, with a holy heal that was doing 12 per tick

bear in mind thats just my overly biased opinion however based on true facts

Nidhogg
04-02-10, 12:58
My understanding is that your request has been reviewed and denied because you could not provide sufficent evidence of ownership. We don't do this to be awkward, we do it to keep everyone's investment safe. Can you think of anything else that might help prove you're the owner?

N

Mr. Kassad
04-02-10, 13:56
My understanding is that your request has been reviewed and denied because you could not provide sufficent evidence of ownership. We don't do this to be awkward, we do it to keep everyone's investment safe. Can you think of anything else that might help prove you're the owner?

N

If you talk about the guy who sent you two possible accounts and one CD-Key: That was me :o
So don't give him a hard time ;)

If not... hit him with all you got! :D

Nidhogg
04-02-10, 14:26
It's not about hitting anyone. In all likelihood the request is genuine but I'm sure you understand that we need at least something to prove that you own a particular account.

N

Original monk
04-02-10, 16:54
the only viable monk class atm is ppu

apus are shit solo
hybrids have been nerfed into extinction Ive seen people say theyve got a hybrid setup, Ive seen them try it, and then Ive seen them later lommed to ppu

the malus you get on the apu negating ppu and vice versa on top of the incredibly high requirements on spells makes trying a hybrid virtually impossible

for example Ive tried the pa switching fire apoc with blessed and holy sheilds I did a whopping 50 dmg to an unbuffed spy with fire apoc while still taking 200-300 dmg per burst of dissi, with a holy heal that was doing 12 per tick

bear in mind thats just my overly biased opinion however based on true facts

Thanx a million for the info, so no more hybrids. Thats a pitty. Ill yust leave my monks in there appartment or use them as resser orso lol.

DJ, its the original Angeldust from Pluto in beta4. Later on migrated to Saturn. I dont think they ever called him Dusty although i gonna call em like that now lol, guess its another person :)

Dribble Joy
04-02-10, 17:02
Hybrids might work if APU wasn't as bad as it is now. Plus trying for holy shields (or Holy Heal more importantly) with a decent dmg output frankly shouldn't be possible from a balance perspective.

Biglines
04-02-10, 17:23
I didn't play during monkocron, but isn't all the remembrances from hybrids that rocked only cuz they were overpowered? I agree with DJ that hybrids sound overpowered in a balance perspective

Dribble Joy
04-02-10, 18:01
Hybrid balancing is, was and will probably allways be very difficult to pull off.
There's just so many parameters that need to be set just right.
When/if APU gets sorted, we might see some come back.
Personally I have allways seen hybrids to be something similar in their defence/offence power to PE's. Allowing higher than combat-class defence will cause issues; I remember fighting hybrids (not during the NC1 god-like powers they had but slightly later) that I just couldn't hurt, though this was before the 'nerf' to heals (which is probably one of the best balancing changes KK has implemented in my view).

CMaster
04-02-10, 18:11
Ever after the heal nerf, the infamous blessed hybrids were unkillable by the vast majority of players. Sure, they didn't hurt you much either, but they'd always win eventually.
Anyway, I still want to see a nerf in the PPU (or FCS) (Or both) reqs on PPU spells. Not so much for hybrids (there are several hybrid counters out there - from the resistance cap to an APU malus etc etc) - instead this would make psi-based PE setups practical (they were on the 2.2 test server before the PPU req increase)

Dribble Joy
04-02-10, 18:16
PEs can use everything they used to except the low level resist boosters without too much hassle.

Besides, that wouldn't really solve the problem as it would only affect their solo capacity. When teamed with a PPU their proportional benefits from the lvl 3 spells is less than the other classes. This means that even if the combat classes are balanced against each other, in a team environment (which most PvP is), they loose out. Giving PEs (and possibly hybrids) a set of self casting shields that can be stacked on by PPU spells would solve this.

This is all getting a bit OT though....

CMaster
04-02-10, 20:28
I didn't say it would fix anything. Just that it would be nice.

The point is that with the Psi +5 implant and so on, PEs can extend their psi nicely. This made for possible setups using blessed absorber, resist boosters and even rez - a PE that yes, would be useless when a PPU was around - but handy both on their own and in PPU-less teams. This made another option for PEs - right now they seem deprived of any path short of "push dex as far as it can go". 2.2 really did turn PEs from a class that had a lot of options into being mini spies, when I'd been really hoping for more options (and I genuinely think KK wanted that too, just got it wrong).

mdares
05-02-10, 01:55
Just FYI: with PA swap, hitting holy shields at 25-30% res, heal at 26-30 a tick, and FA at around 100+ to a capped tank IS possible.

not very effective mind you, but POSSIBLE.

PM me or DM me in game and ill show u =)

but to be back on topic: character variability is what ultimately will help increase population. Altho it is true that balancing hte hybrid is very difficult, the spirit of being able to go hyb is what makes the game worthwhile for some people who don't like to play "mainstream".

add: And I agree completely with the previous posters: the heal nerf for ppus was the best balancing move ever for monks.

add2: the best part about a hybrid anything is that with enough investment you can get so much more gameplay out of a toon than if you were forced to specialize. Yes a hyb shouldnt be as good as a specialized toon in that ONE REGARD (i.e. hyb rifle/pistol shouldnt be as good as a pure RC or PC but when combined could outshine the specialized toon due to the increased options, etc.)

add3: and almost ALL my toons are hybs of some sort... I got a hyb monk, droning/RC spy, droning/PC PE. ^_^

*Dazz*
05-02-10, 03:27
It's not about hitting anyone. In all likelihood the request is genuine but I'm sure you understand that we need at least something to prove that you own a particular account.

N

Just finished going through mail-tag with the account department. Had a similar prob, but once I found one little detail they asked for, I was in like flint and one of my old accounts was ready to rock, that easy. It took less than a week. They still do their jobs ;)

Nidhogg
05-02-10, 11:43
Just finished going through mail-tag with the account department. Had a similar prob, but once I found one little detail they asked for, I was in like flint and one of my old accounts was ready to rock, that easy. It took less than a week. They still do their jobs ;)
Glad to hear it. :)

N

vXReaper
08-02-10, 09:04

Thats funny. Its going on two weeks for me now. I sent another email and they responded saying dont email from different email accounts. Why couldnt they just fix the problem then or at least assist me with that response. I dont even want my info now. No wonder this game never got off the tarmac.

Nidhogg
08-02-10, 11:30
Thats funny. Its going on two weeks for me now. I sent another email and they responded saying dont email from different email accounts. Why couldnt they just fix the problem then or at least assist me with that response. I dont even want my info now. No wonder this game never got off the tarmac.
The problem is that you can't prove the account is yours and until you can I'm afraid we can't help. I'm sorry but we can't just hand the account details over with no evidence you're the rightful owner.

N

Original monk
08-02-10, 16:55
My mate Angeldust received he's pass last week ! Thanx :)

Is it possible currently to start a fresh new account btw ? or ?

Pitty that the offensive monk class is dead, i got 2 ppu's and they are ok yeh, took some time to get used to the low healing but its more balanced yep.

I tried pvp with my apu but before you can get 1 HLblast off the other can empty 2 full clips in your chest lol ... with 100 int completely put to psi use :)

My apu and ppu hybrid cant even use there spells haha.

Pitty.

vXReaper
08-02-10, 18:09
The problem is that you can't prove the account is yours and until you can I'm afraid we can't help. I'm sorry but we can't just hand the account details over with no evidence you're the rightful owner.

N

I havent even been contacted period to help me prove its mine. I gave 3-4 possible emails that I would have used in the original email I sent. I mean this forum account should be proof enough as it was tied to the account once upon a time. One of the emails I gave was the correct one yet I cant get any help whatsoever with this. I have received no email even trying to assist me in any shape or form. If this is the amount of customer service that one receives in a game that has 40 people playing it , I doubt I or my guild would bother with Black Prophecy. If your CSRs cant help with 40 people, I would have to imagine what will happen with a more populated game.

vXReaper
08-02-10, 18:16

N
Maybe this will help.

[ edited ]

I figured out my username but cant reset my password as that email was deleted a long long time ago.

Seeing how I have proved its my account now, can i pm one of you and get the email switched to a working one?

Mighty Max
08-02-10, 18:31
You should remove that asap.

That doesn't prove anything now. As now everyone reading here has the same information.

Just on a sidenote: If asking for help on something, that is your duty in the first place, which you do not pay, then keep asking politely.

Nidhogg
08-02-10, 18:49
I havent even been contacted period to help me prove its mine.
I appear to be in receipt of conflicting information. I'll pass on your details and ask them to contact you directly. Apologies for the confusion.

N

/edit - I've removed your account information from your post, just in case.

*Dazz*
09-02-10, 04:48
Just a little fyi I did email twice. I emailed once and waited a week then emailed again. After that it was a steady email-tag everyday till it was resolved. Just a little persistence but try not to get too frustrated, I think sometimes we fall through the intracracks and are missed :D Not intentionally, just happens sometimes.

Danae
15-02-10, 18:03
Despite what you may think, we don't employ psychics to discern what your account may be. The original mail was answered, and answered in accordance with policy 16 days ago.

If you know the name of your account, it's a good idea not to typo it when you want the details sent to you, or to send a list of emails it may be and have none of them match the account in question ;) Resubmit your ticket with the proper account name, as well as the following information (as input when the account was registered):

Account Name
First Name
Last Name
Home Address
Old Email (if applicable)
New Email Requested
CD Key (if applicable)

to account@neocron.com

-------------------

I would also review our terms of service and support policy - it is your responsibility to keep track of your account information. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe.

vXReaper
20-02-10, 07:12
Despite what you may think, we don't employ psychics to discern what your account may be. The original mail was answered, and answered in accordance with policy 16 days ago.

If you know the name of your account, it's a good idea not to typo it when you want the details sent to you, or to send a list of emails it may be and have none of them match the account in question ;) Resubmit your ticket with the proper account name, as well as the following information (as input when the account was registered):

Account Name
First Name
Last Name
Home Address
New Email Requested
CD Key (if applicable)

to account@neocron.com

-------------------

I would also review our terms of service and support policy - it is your responsibility to keep track of your account information. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe.

In case you didnt read the email or the thread here, I do NOT have the account name. Thats what I am trying to find out. Despite what I may think, I gave a list of emails that I have access to. If you had a half decent system of changing the email, or a better GM team that can actually answer within a decent time frame. I mean there are less than 100 people that play this game.

While it might be my responsibility to keep up with it, IT IS YOUR responsibility seeing how we are customers / potential customers. We have bought the game, paid sub fees for a horribly bug ridden game. Thats your responisiblity sir.

This game had 1k subs tops and with this type of customer service its no wonder. Im betting black prophecy will go the same route. If you dont change your customer support policy, you will never have any sub retention at all.

And I know I will probably be banned because of this response. And at this point I dont care. Its just yet another reason why this game wasnt successful. Ban instead of fix. Ignore instead of actually helping.

-zero-
20-02-10, 10:47

Account Name
First Name
Last Name
Home Address
New Email Requested
CD Key (if applicable)

to account@neocron.com

-------------------

In case you didnt read the email or the thread here, I do NOT have the account name. Thats what I am trying to find out. Despite what I may think, I gave a list of emails that I have access to. If you had a half decent system of changing the email, or a better GM team that can actually answer within a decent time frame. I mean there are less than 100 people that play this game.

While it might be my responsibility to keep up with it, IT IS YOUR responsibility seeing how we are customers / potential customers. We have bought the game, paid sub fees for a horribly bug ridden game. Thats your responisiblity sir.

This game had 1k subs tops and with this type of customer service its no wonder. Im betting black prophecy will go the same route. If you dont change your customer support policy, you will never have any sub retention at all.

And I know I will probably be banned because of this response. And at this point I dont care. Its just yet another reason why this game wasnt successful. Ban instead of fix. Ignore instead of actually helping.

#1 If i remember correct, isn't Danae a girl? so cant threaten with 'Sir'

#2 That actually gave me a good chuckle. Which i haven't had one on this forums in a long time.

But i do agree to a point. Sometimes it does seem the ban hammer is dropped faster then a fix,help hammer. (not in all situations though so don't quote me.)

It does sound reasonable though if at least u gave the correct email, name, address and a few other selected necessities that they should be able to provide the account name for you, as seeing that would be enough proof.
Kinda seems like they are asking for your account name just so you can figure out your account name? Kinda a double negative, hypocritical thing doesn't it?

(thinks of going into Social Security Office to get a new social security card, as of loosing it. and they ask for your social security #, If you knew it u wouldnt be there!! :p )

Nidhogg
20-02-10, 16:52
In case you didnt read the email or the thread here, I do NOT have the account name. Thats what I am trying to find out.
You see your last post up there? See the part I edited out? That's where you posted your account name. That's where everyone can still see that your claim not to know it is patently false. You've also said that you've received no response and no help which is also clearly untrue.

You've done nothing but give us the runaround throughout this entire process (and insulted us at every stage). We've tried our best to help you but since you can't seem to be able to help yourself I think it's time we stopped at this point.

Thread and forum account closed.

N